[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 31 KB, 682x566, 1370592435567.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11026774 No.11026774 [Reply] [Original]

so, a few days ago, i downloaded anki along with this deck:
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/4271439873
as some guy recommended(pic related) but something seems wrong about the order in which i get the cards
one would assume to get cards with "watashi" and simple verbs first but instead i got things like "airplane" which is not only pretty useless at first but has a fucking complicated kanji as well
now, a few days in cards like "morning" and "son" suddenly appear which seem much more beginner-friendly

is there something wrong with my clientsettings or did i just download the wrong deck? help!

>> No.11026790

The ordering is a bit weird, which makes it tough on absolute beginners, but the deck is good. If you want to be able to speak simple sentences before several months take a look at the very beginning of Tae Kim's guide and go through it as you go through the deck

>> No.11026808

>Don't read manga with furigana, it will force you to try and remember words instead of just looking at the kana

>> No.11026856

im not a complete beginner so i could deal with it but it just seemed wierd. ill stick with it if its the right deck and ill also check out the guide, thanks

>> No.11026888

>>11026808
Or just hold it a bit further away so you can't make out the furigana but can bring it in close if you pull a blank.

>> No.11026893

If this is that koohii deck then the words are reordered according to "A+1" sentence difficulty, I think. Or something else, like "theme" or shared kanji. There's 2 core index fields, the "optimized" is the modified one.
You're going to need most of those words anyway, so might as well learn them. Doesn't matter if it's a week sooner, or later.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action