[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/jp/ - Otaku Culture


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.21873860 [View]
File: 89 KB, 1150x748, textpain.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Work continues, have a WIP.
I've finally fixed the blurriness, by adding OpenGL as an option (currently default since it's a dev build) in the KeyConfig application.
Work in progress, there's still a couple of bugs/polishing I'm working on, but overall it was less painful than I expected, just these last few things I haven't had time to look at yet:
>Needs to have the "Graphics" folder in the directory
>Fading is choppy/jumpy
>Loading screen doesn't track graphics loading
>Framerate is capped at 60hz

Made a couple of minor improvements to the Map Editor, but they really are minor and I've got a few in-progress changes so I'm not going to bother cleaning+building+uploading it.
>Added toggleable text labels to objects on the map
>Added a "Go" button for events, moves, etc. that target other objects to select the target

I hadn't done this earlier since I just realized this was a feature of mega.nz, but here's a link to a folder that I'll try to drop changelogs and wip builds in.
I make no promises as to regular updates or intelligibility of changelogs, but I guess you could use it to make sure development's not dead.

Once I wrap up work on rendering (or change the default back to DirectX9 and leave OpenGL as a buggy fallback for people with blurriness), I'll work on fixing controller support and call it a release.
That should be all the longstanding bugs, so once that's done I'll move on to helping with the actual content.

Ending caveat/development rant: Text in OpenGL will have slightly different length and spacing than the original DirectX9, since apparently everybody and their dog implements text different ways, that can't even be copied since they're tied directly into how directx/gdi/gdi+ does things.
Also, as soon as you try drawing the japanese comma "," or certain random characters, the spacing between letters shifts slightly, which normally wouldn't be a problem except that dialogue shows up character-by-character so the letters jiggle around the screen.
I ended up having to do a complete hack to get it working, where the line:
>Alice,the sun’s already up.
would be split into
>the sun
>s already up.
and stitched together.
Even then, Japanese still has that issue since I don't even know where to start with that.
(Mostly) having fun though, and learning a lot.

View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]