[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 365 KB, 656x835, Capture1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6189770 No.6189770 [Reply] [Original]

Is there a way to brainwash yourself into enjoying drawing so much you can't help but draw for 10 hours everyday?

>> No.6189771

>>6189770
Yeah

Just draw.

>> No.6189775

>>6189770
No

Don't just draw.

>> No.6189776

>>6189770
Maybe

Just consider drawing.

>> No.6189780

I don't know

Why draw at all?

>> No.6189783

> Lose all sense of self-worth
> Think drawings are the only things of value you can produce
> Show people your drawings and let them shower you with praise

The enjoyment will follow from the validation.

>> No.6189785

>>6189770
Depends, what your skill level?

>> No.6189788 [DELETED] 

>>6189770
get on the feeling you get when you look at your finished drawing.
maybe eat some chocolate or something when you do to really hammer it home. dunno.

>> No.6189789

>>6189770
get addicted to the feeling you get when you look at your finished drawing.
maybe eat some chocolate or something when you do to really hammer it home. dunno.

>> No.6189800
File: 94 KB, 542x638, savedfile_20220609050403.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yeah, it's called flowstate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)
The theory behind it is that you have a limited amount of information you can process, when you reach flowstate and your brain uses most of it's resources to a certain activity it can be incredible satisfying, to the point several people consider to be addicting to a dangerous level, because people who manage to tap in to the flowstate go hours doing whatever they want without socializing and all the normie shit.

There are few ways of doing so, the first and more common one is having a predisposition depending on your personality type, The autotelic personality is what is called. basically you are autistic without the downsides of being really autistic.

The second one and is the one I use is creating a artificial focused "censorial deprivation chamber" of sorts, were you give yourself stimulus that block the outside world but still are able to give you enough focus to draw. I try this using several methods like lowering my libido the best I can by masturbating constantly before and after I work, creating also a sense of positive reinforcement to the idea of drawing no different of how you train dogs and having backgroud noise that helps me ignore outside stimulus while still being able to draw, I do that using kid shows that I can focus but not think or audiobooks with complex themes that help me reach a level of contemplation while my subconscious makes most artistic decisions. It works, is not the best and not as good as the actual flowstate and depending on what sort of personality you have you will need different sort of stimulus and controls to achieve the desired effect, but it works as means of productivity, I can easily draw 8 hours a day and I'm probably on the top 10 or even 5 of productive here on the board. So yeah, it's possible, you just need to draw.

>> No.6189804
File: 284 KB, 786x514, 22859.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I did this once: picked a spot on the maps and just went on a massive roadtrip, booked a couple of night's stay and took only a few clothes and my drawing tablet. Never had more motivation for so long. Got my shitty project done within a day and every time I turned on that tablet shit just flowed.

Never did it again because I'm a poor bastard. But if I'm being honest with myself... with the amount of time I spend fucking around procrastinating, booking that bach again would pay for itself twice over.

>> No.6189821

>>6189770
What is the manga?

>> No.6189873

Take drugs for concentration and make massive gains

>> No.6189876

>>6189770
I'm doing it without forcing myself

>> No.6189881

>>6189800
I'll have to purposefully try to do this. Lately I've become complacent and slipped into the "art is marathon" mindset, where as when I started it was a race against time. I need to go back.

>> No.6189887

>>6189770
Yeah, by building a habit. Start drawing 10 minutes every day. It's not about the 10 hours, it's about consistency. Draw every day. For 10 minutes. You'll eventually want to draw more and more on your own accord

>> No.6189900

>>6189770
I enjoy it more when I’m drawing from imagination or working on personal projects, instead of doing studies or exercises. Treat it like a puzzle to figure out instead of rote exercise like you’re going to the gym or something. Then I can get absorbed in it for hours.

>> No.6189916

>>6189770
Start slow. Get used to doing for like about 30-60 minutes p/day. Then you can get used to going for longer as you get used to it. The most important is to do it everyday v. only doing it for 10 hours a day for like 1-2 days p/week.

>> No.6189938

>>6189770
Yes. It's surprisingly easy as well. You just need to do less. You remove every other stimulating thing in your life. Stop browsing the web. No games. Make your food bland and tasteless. Eat only for nourishment and never until you are full. Only drink water. Don't buy shit you don't need. No music. No drugs. No coffee. After removing as many dopamine inducing activities as possible from your life, simply allow yourself to draw whenever you feel like it. Congrats, drawing is now not just the only thing you want to do, but you'll actually enjoy it too.

>> No.6189957

>>6189938
This, I was in hospital for two weeks and drew for 8~ hours a day, from day one until the last day, everyday.

>> No.6189999

>>6189821
Blank Canvas: My So-Called Artist's Journey

>> No.6190010

>>6189770
If you over do something, you'll end up hating it. The issue with drawing a fuckton is... You don't get to see, or recognize the progress you made. This is why you must keep your old work, so you can compare to yourself now, and see the progress. Which only really happens with time. You also a learn a decent amount while you sleep. So if you feel like you're struggling then take a break. The only reason I can understand the "Meme" Draw for x amount of hours a day, is so you can get used to it if you want to be a full time artist. So consider if this is more of a hobby, or if it's something you want to do more seriously. Me, I just got to doing about 2 hours a day. Im slow at shit at drawing, and the Mileage is what's gonna make be fast. Still a lot of learning. Im on my through the fundis right now. Im a year and a half into my journey. Im hoping I can be where I can just practice, way more than learning in about half a year. The only things I have to learn after that time is anatomy, and how everything interacts with each out by just looking at them. Also don't other dictate how you do something, make your own path. Unless you're getting critique. Just keep doing what you want, if there's something you think you need to work on, then work on that. Also I will not be looking back at this.

>> No.6190013

>>6189771
fpbp practice makes permanent

>> No.6190019

>>6189770
Git gud
Swim in praise

>> No.6190089

>>6189770
Mangaka is a huge bitch. I bet that stuff about him hitting students was something she came up with just to make the story more "interesting". The way she casually mentions abandoning sensei and cheating and dumping her bf makes me want to strangle her.

>> No.6190091

>>6189783

This. And also be a writer or want to make a personal project. You’ll have more fun drawing things you want other people to see. Plus you can promis yourself that you’ll get good to the point where you don’t need to commission or buy art from other people.

>> No.6190100

>>6189770
Here's a redpill for you faggot. Artists don't need to brainwash themselves, they just enjoy drawing

>> No.6190234

>>6189800
pyw

>> No.6190236

>>6189770
>Don't take even one day off
Dunno about this one if you draw for your job. Carpal tunnel is really shitty beyond description, and when you get it you'll miss drawing like you never did before

>> No.6190260

>>6190236
He told her that when she was already a published mangaka drawing everyday for hours

>> No.6190266

if you're on 4chan you're way too neurodivergent to find joy in mindless activities and you are addicted to finding "The truth" or at least a deeper level of fun.

>> No.6190317

>>6189770
Just draw and, I don't know, gradually increase your stamina and the amount of time spent on it? Kids these days expect there to be a steroid for everything.

>> No.6191596
File: 108 KB, 537x567, Untitled-12.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6190234
That was my work, I wanted to post a picture of different things I do to try to improve my productivity but I saved over with drawings I do on flockmod for fun.