[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 16 KB, 633x758, 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4577250 No.4577250 [Reply] [Original]

I just can't get passionated about art

>> No.4577366

h

>> No.4577378

>>4577250
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
>>4577203

>> No.4577387

Turning this shit garbage thread around
Post what makes you passionate/your current goal(s)

For me its being able to put the stuff i think about on paper. General world building kinda stuff. I just go to bed and i cant not stop thinking about stuff and ideas in my head, solutions to problems ect.
Gotta put it down somewhere and mentally fatigue myself before i can even sleep. Its kinda like keeping a library of ideas, stories ect. Regardless of how bad they are

>> No.4577407

>>4577250
Ok /beg/, back to Apex Legends then.

>> No.4577437

>>4577250
fix it doing this for a month at least https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QiE-M1LrZk

>> No.4577496

Art isn't for you.

>> No.4577534

I hate myself. Why is that everything that ever made me feel something, every fucking time I get into something, it all goes back to drawing? First anime, then realized the wonders of Disney, then other old western animation, then comics, then I end up in a fucking drawthread being surrounded with art and artists for years, now I'm in my furry stage and I've never had this many ideas that I wanted to actually draw. I'm level -1 /beg/ and I've only had fun drawing once in my life, some shitty pic on /ic/ inspired me and I started doodling some shitty bug, didn't even think about what I was doing, didn't have a picture in my mind, didn't have an aim, just tried making it look 3d line by line and holy shit as I was putting down the lines, it actually looked 3d. It was horrible, yet it was real and it was living in that piece of paper, Jesus how fucking amazing was that to see. It felt so good that I think that's how it must feel to be on drugs. That was years ago, and it gave me a boost to practice for hours every day for months, and guess what, I didn't improve anything. Nothing, zero. Then I just quit, because I lost all my motivation and didn't enjoy a second of it. I'm certainly never gonna draw from life again, that is the most depressing thing I've ever done in my life and I get physically sick just by thinking about it, even if the results were actually bearable and had actual positive things in them. And I'm still coming here every day, just waiting for that moment when I feel like I can. Like back then. I haven't really tried since, but sometimes I catch little bits and pieces of information here and I try them with mouse and they work, yielding more improvement than dozens of hours of practice. If I've learnt a thing, it's that "just draw" is horseshit. Grinding is horseshit. Good resource is the only thing that can work, yet the right one may not even exist.

How do I learn to deconstruct art pieces? People say to redline, but how the fuck do I learn that?

>> No.4577555

>>4577534
loomis bruh

>> No.4577579

>>4577534
Art is not for you anon, sorry.

>> No.4577603

>>4577387
Same here, lad. I've effectively devoted my life to world building, making intricate stories and characters, etc. Drawing is a natural extension of that.

>> No.4577861

I used to be passionate at art, but eventually it fizzled out. Before it was literally my driving force to get out of bed, now I need to force myself just to pick up paintbrush. It probably all went to shit when I got good enough to see the actual good art, I started comparing it to my own and forcing other styles into my work, and then I realized it would take me another 5 years before I can make a decent living with art, and now I need a day job to support myself, essentially failing to meet my goal to become a pro before 30. Now I have no goal, my focus shifted elsewhere, and my drive to create art and improve my skills is gone. Worst thing, I’m relatively successful with art despite being shit, I get some commissions and have access to atelier to improve my work, I literally have everything I need to make it, besides passion. Too bad. I decided to spend this year trying to reignite it, if it won’t happen I’ll be quitting for good.

>> No.4578038

>>4577250
>passionated

>> No.4578729

>>4577861
What really fucks me up is not being able to LOVE what I am doing. I start sketching something and when I am in the process of painting all sort of thoughts come to my mind like "why are you doing this" "what meaning does this have" "even if you finish it it wont look that great" "you know, once its finished you will look it once and thats it". I was able to get over the part when I compare myself with greater artist telling myself that I am not in a hurry yet I cant shut up these other voices in my head.