[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 58 KB, 960x960, 886E0DE2-EBBE-41F9-9B72-8A04863559D8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4102879 No.4102879 [Reply] [Original]

Old one hit bump limit and I’d rlly like to screech
>be me
>friend asks to draw him two fully coloured designs that he’d like to printed on shoes, some DBZ shit
>agree because I trusted that he’d appreciate the effort since he’s always preaching about hard work, plus we used to have banter in lessons
>half a year later no word from him, he promised to pay once he got the chance
>message him
>”you drew a picture. I’m not paying you for a picture my g”
>6 hours of work just rammed back in my face

I shouldn’t have been a retard huh.

>> No.4102911

>>4102879
Don't give out high quality res. Until you get paid and or take half up front.
I post the low quality/crop with signature on my social media and heavily tagged them. I don't know what it does really but it kind of makes them have to pay you when you publicly announce it. It's they don't pay fuck it fanart for the public.

>> No.4102919

>>4102911
That’s such good advice. I wish I hadn’t dropped my guard man

>> No.4103126

>friend
Hehehe

>> No.4103149

I feel like I have too high expectations of my own work. I see all those amazing illustrators online and I wanna be like them, but at the end I just come up with an idea, make a thumbnail, do the lineart ad then completely break down at the coloring stage. In the end I'll just go with some safe and already played out subject but I can't end up with a portfolio of 10 the same pieces.

>> No.4103158

>>4102879
Shaky hands are a curse

>> No.4103166

>>4103158
How bad? Post work.

>> No.4103176

>>4103166
Not terrible but it's still "there" if you get what I'm saying, really hurts my symmetry for lining up eyes etc. due to bacterial menegytis as a kid, used to have seizures because of it aswell until I was around 15, I end up zooming a hell of a lot and erasing because of it, pretty annoying.

>> No.4103290
File: 115 KB, 500x375, large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I get my desire to draw back?

I used to be so excited to get back home to draw, now I'm simply not drawing at all. This whole year I only drew like a handful of finished drawings and almost no sketches at all. Last time I held a pencil was like two months ago. The thing is I used to be SUPER excited about getting home to draw. Be it just for fun, a project or simply practicing, it always filled me with great joy and satisfaction. This interest is gone. I don't even watch art videos anymore. I don't even visit 4chan.
Now, it wouldn't be a problem if I just casually lost interest, but drawing was the only thing that truely fulfilled me. No matter what I do, there is a sort of satisfaction unique to creating things - and yet it's those very thing I don't want to work on.
Maybe because as I grew older I tried to give everything purpose? Maybe because I streamlined my working process? Maybe because I speak of a working process at all, when I should just have fun with it...

Honestly don't think anyone here can help me but myself, just wanted to vent.
That said, feel free to share experiences or give tips.

>> No.4103293

>>4103290
usually when I feel very down about drawing it's because I need a breakthrough, or I just need to do something that I'm proud of.
learn something new but simple-- so you can trick yourself.

>> No.4103294

>>4103290

Are you purely traditional? Try digital

>> No.4103307

>>4102879
Why even bother doing anything anymore? Everything feels so malaise and it’s getting worse and worse each year. Fuck it. At least I can still ass kiss bigger artists while still Lowkey calling them faggots. That’s something I guess.

>> No.4103355

>go for a walk while listening to music
>feel all sorts of motivation well up inside me
>daydreaming while walking
>get back at desk
>lose all motivation
>end up playing video games

Why does this happen.

>> No.4103547
File: 65 KB, 547x566, r.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've kinda stopped enjoying things I used to. Just play vidya cuz it's there. I think I have fun with it but desu looking back on the time I spent in game i just sit there with an empty expression just going through the motions and getting mad whenever I die to whatever bullshit. Why do i even bother? gonna vomit some words out to make myself feel better.
Didn't draw for like 2 years and now at my new job I manage to have lots of free time and started doodling again and found that fun. It's fun right up until I want to do anything beyond simple characters since I'm just straight up not as good as I want to be. Proportions all off, perspective not good, that's not how a foot/hand looks, etc. I'm stuck in that loop where I can pinpoint everything wrong with a drawing and just simply cannot rectify it. I know I should be grinding gestures and studying books but when i start whipping those out the life just drains from me. Just a lazy fuck i guess. I know for certain I'll find it fun again once I'm not /beg/. That climb from competent to expert then expert to mastery will just be bliss but the stuff before it is like a cactus to the balls.
Anyone in a similar situation here who managed to crawl out of /beg/?
How did you manage to work through it?
I think i just need to force myself to go through with it just like going on a diet or ripping of a band aid. something like that. Just gotta keep it up till it's as natural as opening up steam and playing a game is now.

>> No.4103896
File: 674 KB, 542x799, Everyone_posing_for_a_jeans_commercial_or_something.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

God I fucking hate exercising

I HAVE to do it, it's the only thing fixing my arm and back
I'm skinny as fuck yet my resting heart rate is 85BPM

I still fucking hate it, I don't know how people feel "great" and "energized" after a workout. I just feel drained and tired.

>> No.4103897

>>4102879
i hate being autistic

>> No.4103920

>>4103896
How skinny? Maybe you're actually skinnyfat with fat wrapping around your internal organs. Skinny or not change your diet faggot, the workouts alone will just drain you

>> No.4103928

>>4103158
>>4103176
Damn that sucks.

>> No.4103931

>>4103896
Your negative attitude is what drains you.. you’ll never be successful at art if this is how you view everything, if you resent exercises then You probably resent basic studying and repetition which is required to get anywheres with drawing. When it comes down to it, they’re both the same and even improve one another, healthy body healthy mind.

>> No.4103972

>>4103896
are you eating at enough of a surplus for the amount of exercise you're doing?
when i wasn't eating enough i'd be incredibly fatigued after strength training

>> No.4103988

>>4102879
It your eponymous bipolar bitch again.
This afternoon I was ready to bite a bitch’s head off. But now I’m content and ready to fight! Gotta love bipolar. Sadness is transience but happiness comes too. I feel sorry for those who only experience depression.

>> No.4104028
File: 1.49 MB, 1639x1944, __black_rose_hack_and_hack_games_drawn_by_sadamoto_yoshiyuki__be14481b1f88db0190fe395e43830c16.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4103920
>>4103972
>skinnyfat
Guess I'm that, veering closer to skinny. Right now I'm cutting down to just skinny

>>4103931
>if you resent exercises then You probably resent basic studying and repetition
Not at all, in fact I find studying extremely fun. Even stuff like math can be interesting since these are engaging, problem-solving issues.

Meanwhile, lifting is the same movements every time, and running is just running.
As it should be, but that doesn't make it any less of a chore

>> No.4104153
File: 1.23 MB, 996x966, 678758955.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4102879
>disappointed in a drawing
>post it anyways
>don't get any likes, comments or retweets
>lose several followers

>> No.4104156

>>4103355
Push through it, start with a sketch and then you'll be to excited to stop. It works for me at least

>> No.4104205

>>4103355
Same reason you want to do stuff while yyoure falling asleep in bed, you know you can't do it atm.
Take a sketchbook on your walk, you probably won't feel motivated anymore lol

>> No.4104236

>>4104028
There’s a million different routines you can do and many ways to use a treadmill, you don’t just have to run, you can also do short sprints with a minute rest in between. Find a routine you like and do it for a couple weeks then change to a new one. Problem could be homeostasis, basically just the brains unwillingness to change even if you’re trying to build good habits or remove bad ones. 5e brain will go as far as to procrastinate or keep telling you working out is boring, too hard, etc.. idk you so I don’t know your problem but just motivate yourself and think of working out as something more positive instead of being a chore. Reduce your time working out if you have to, maybe just 10 mins a day is all you need to build a habit. Motivation could even come from just setting a small realistic goal.

Drawing boxes is just drawing boxes but it doesn’t mean you draw them from the same viewpoint every time.

>> No.4104279

I want art friends so bad. I've been feeling lonely these past couple of days, not sure why just now.

>> No.4104411

>studies are shit
>finished pieces are shit
>everything I make is too flawed to post
>don't understand how good art is made so I just keep grinding
>don't know how to apply those exercises\knowledge to something personal and finished
Everything I make is a mistake

>> No.4104433

>>4103897
Yeah same here.

Not sure if other autistic artists get this but I have high technical skill but low imagination. Actually came to the thread to vent about it. Everyone around me says my art looks great, but I find it really difficult to come up with ideas.

>> No.4104459

>>4104028
try to figure out your bodyfat percentage & get into the sub 15 range. once you're going for gains though, you have to get over the fear of gaing a little fat too. i still struggle a lot with that too but if you train hard and don't eat at a surplus, you'll fuck yourself up.
>black rose
.hack is solely responsible for my kogal and tanlines fetish
just seeing that pic again gave me a boner

>> No.4104467
File: 409 KB, 750x741, 845E2C80-492C-4D98-B1BA-D28AC43EF16A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4104279
What’s your @ anon, I’ll be your friend

>> No.4104469

>>4104279
i will also be your friend as long as youre not a thirsty virgin

>> No.4104474

>>4104469
I'm too depressed to even think about seks.
>>4104467
I don't have account but do you have like a burner e-mail

>> No.4104486

>>4104474
make a discord

>> No.4104493
File: 51 KB, 1399x1253, lilbih.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>worried about the enviroment
>the world is going to shit
>having those teenager "why is everyone so shitty" thoughts
>can do nothing
>just draw and keep feeling distant

>> No.4104533

>>4103547
I feel this way too. I just don't know where the hell to go from here. It's hard to keep up a positive attitude when grinding is only yielding diminishing returns. Grinding and doing studies just reminds me of how bad I am at drawing, while attempting a finished piece just reminds me that I'm shit and I need to go study some more. I just want to get out of /beg/ but nothing I create seems to look good or give me that sense of accomplishment anymore. It all looks like garbage.

>> No.4104581

>>4104279
>>4104474
not that anon but fuwafuwa@waifu.club is my burner if anyone wants to be friends

>> No.4104763

I don't have artistic talent or an artists intuition or whatever it's called. I have so many ideas and so many ideas that I want to create but don't have the simplest idea about how to draw something that resembles a human being. It's so annoying

>> No.4104770

Bought the wrong colored pencils for skin tones and now all my characters look eithr very pale or brutaly sunburnt AA@AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>> No.4104900

>>4104581
I'll write you something tomorrow :)

>> No.4104909

Now I understand why I'm giving up on drawing. I don't have any creativity, and I'm not patient enough to finish an illustration. It's a shame cause I fucking love drawing.
But I'm probably too old and should not cling to this cause it makes me depressed. This breaks my heart but...I might have to give up for real this time.

>> No.4104929

>>4103896
I think some people get the dopamine dump a lot quicker than others from exercise, some people get it so strong they become addicted to it. I worked my ass off at work today and didn't get my rush until like 6 hours into the day. I think it's your bodies way of saying here take this feel good chemical and fucking stop before you kill us both.

>> No.4104942

>>4104909
pyw and age. We'll be the judge of whether you should give up or not.

>> No.4104994
File: 158 KB, 736x1015, EDgnRmWU8ActlWW.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw a /beg/ tries to give you a paintover

>> No.4105108

>>4104942
It's nice of you but I'm basically /beg/ level and over 35, so...(not that age matters that much in a way if you like things, but I think I'm drawing impaired honestly, I've already posted some stuff on the /beg/ thread and even there I got some measured but clearly "ew" comments.

>> No.4105121

>>4105108
are you a hot dilf?

>> No.4105132
File: 154 KB, 476x514, 1551488033205.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The past 2 weeks I've getting so fucking pissed off while drawing. I've thrown water bottles and broke shit just due to my sheer incompetence. Every time I draw something and I'm semi-happy about it my fucking brain makes me feel like shit when I start to notice BIG flaws and then the whole dopamine rush is taken away. "This hand isn't good, it's shit", "this hair is boring", etc.. It's always a fucking issue with my art. And I try NOT to draw the same shit every time.
Anytime I have fun it's like its part of the fucking routine to feel like shit right after. I get so fucking upset when I share my art and only to realize that it's complete shit in an area or two. I want to delete it ASAP but it's already too late and deleting it is admitting defeat. Anytime I try to push out of a sketching phase I start to crumble under pressure and get pissed off. I just want my shit to look presentable or draw without getting pissed off. I realize I have so much to train and study. It's completely overwhelming. I just want to have fun. I want to be able to share stuff with my friends and not feel fucking embarrassed every time. I want to take pride in what I make.

I'm too much of a fucking perfectionist and I overwhelm myself. I hate this fucking curse.

>> No.4105136

>>4105132
it's okay, anon, i'm here for you

>> No.4105142

>>4105132
I feel the same way. I haven't been able to complete a drawing in a while because I notice all of the flaws in it and realize it's going to turn out like shit with my current level of knowledge.

>> No.4105147

>>4105136
Everyone is here for me. My friends, you (the most special one), etc. But I can't help support myself. I have zero confidence in my ability half of the time and the thought of "you have to go back and grind and study. you can't do this yet" just feels like a punch in the fucking stomach. I can't complete pictures. I'll spend DAYS on a god damn sketch and then just stop because I don't have the confidence to push forward (due to maybe a part I can't draw, etc). It's very annoying.

I have 4 sketches that I think are decent but I know won't get past that phase. I can't line them for shit, and when I try I just get more pissed off because it's worse than the fucking sketch.
>>4105142
Exactly. It's fucking horrible.

>> No.4105172
File: 91 KB, 600x450, Grip.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why do some artist fucking do this, i mean, i can barely scrap by using a normal-ass grip while some motherfucker sketches a masterpiece doing this weird shit.

>> No.4105174

>>4105172
It's to let you use your entire shoulder instead of limiting to your wrist. It works better when the paper is up right in front of you. If you prefer the normal grip, go ahead. There's no 'optional choice.

>> No.4105196

>>4105174
Yeah that makes sense, thanks anon, i'm gonna practice it later, but i doubt if i have enough braincells to coordinate wrist-shoulder movements.

>> No.4105467

I AM VERY ANGRY TODAY
IM TIRED
IM PISSED
MY FACE IS FUCKING INFLAMED WITH ACNE
HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DRAW
WHEN I FEEL LIKE SUCH DISGUSTING FILTH?!

>> No.4105468

>>4105467

Do you even lift, bruh

>> No.4105470

Honestly I don't know what me making it means anymore. I guess I will remain with making beer money.

>> No.4105481

My lines are still kind of shit. I don't know if it's the tablet(I use Bamboo) but I wish I had professional looking lines.

>> No.4105494

I’ve been struggling for on and off trying to develop my style for eyes better but everything i do feels ugly to me, and it doesnt even end there..i cant find any eye style inspiration, everything i look through also reads as undesirable to me so the fuck am i supposed to strive for. This wasn’t a problem until recently, and ironically I’m happy with my uncolored eyes but once I apply color it goes to shit fucking kms

>> No.4105496
File: 77 KB, 1600x900, C46D46D3-B2BC-40EF-AFA5-41C6BCD40D77.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

one of my guy friends that confessed to me gave me a 14”x17” strathmore drawing flipbook, 10 sheets left. he also gave me an old drawing tablet of his which surprised me. not sure if it currently works since i’m too poorfag for a computer/laptop.. but the gesture was nice. i have odd feels about it. i really enjoy his company, but i’ve expressed i’m just not ready for anything like that, and don’t really want to risk losing him as a friend because of a relationship gone bad. i like to cuddle though.. though i feel awkward him kissing me. it’s all a weird feel. i know he’s moving to new york soon and i hope the best for him.

i’m also still upset about my oldest friend not really being my friend i guess. she has made me feel bad about being better than her at art. and always jabs at me about when i was incredibly depressed and couldn’t bring myself to clean as much as i should have at one point. always bringing it up, because it happened when i was living with her. i’ve changed and always apologize too. then all of a sudden when her other roommate is leaving she says she’d consider me as a roomie again, but keeps nagging about my past depression and other things. then says i can use art supplies there and i say all i would really want to use is the supplies i left there, then she snapped and said “they’re mine now! you can’t take them back” i was so hurt/upset because we went over that before. i couldn’t take it and said i couldn’t be friends with someone who always puts me down, i needed a break. then they reply with sorry, and how they always have to be on repeat because of mental illness.. then regurgitates what i told them back at me as if i was the one at fault and that she needed the break, talking about not being to help me with my issues. looking back i guess she really was manipulative all along, recalling how she would speak about other people and using them to get ahead.. :(

>> No.4105513

>>4105496
Better to cut the beta orbiter than to let him think there is a future.

Why do so many women have such shitty female friends? Cut her off too.

Post tits/hands/feet, roastie.

>> No.4105524

>>4105496
How do you function without a computer?

Also if you wanna drop the orbiter maybe don't cuddle with him and let him kiss you, the fuck.

>> No.4105528

>>4103355
Don't listen to music. It's a kind of drug which induces mental masturbation. You're supposed to free your mind when going for a walk.

>> No.4105531

>>4105496
Fuck, I'm too much of an asocial person to understand these tangled social webs I guess.

>> No.4105542

>>4105172
Draw in charcoal on a large bit of paper and you'll understand.

>> No.4105551

>>4105531
You just need to break it down to the basic parts.

Three people
- OP
- man - likes OP
- woman - shits on OP

Relationships
- OP doesn't really give a fuck about the guy but he is a nice man so she spends time with him.
- OP gives too much of a fuck about some vapid retarded girl that is clearly out to fuck up her if not life than at least mind cause she probably gets off on it, there are a lot of such people.

>> No.4105625
File: 1.17 MB, 498x255, 1567943389930.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has my first sleep paralysis today, goddamn. No demons though, thankfully

>> No.4105642
File: 221 KB, 400x534, Edgar_Payne.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>using reference

>> No.4105649
File: 72 KB, 660x716, DF8C5044-4586-4613-A530-1CDE302AD145.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4105513
we stopped talking for awhile because of it, but started hanging out again recently. don’t think he’s beta, he has a body count of 30 girls and still goes on dates and gets numbers/unsolicited tit pics. we went for coffee not too long ago and the girl working there hooked him up with some whipped cream by surprise.

as for my old friend idk it just hurts. they are even posting on social media articles about boundaries/self love/genuine friends and how some friends aren’t really your friend. a lot of people liked them but they just don’t know her like i do..
>>4105524
it’s hard, i’m just a phoneposter. sucks because i would love to animate/create games again. and idk i try to pull away from the kisses desu. i’ve been very clear with him. it’s just cuddles are really comforting.
>>4105531
idk i’ve been trying to be more social and i’m goofin up bad
>>4105625
oof i feel you anon. i have those too. last two was a horned horse head shadowperson that was pacing and swaying by my bed, he ran away when i got up to fight. the next one turned lucid and the weird pressure thing just spooned me.

>> No.4105657

>>4105625
also if you sleep on your back apparently it’s more likely to happen, just an fyi.

>> No.4105664

>>4102879
its fucking hard replicating faces when you have autism

>> No.4105726

>>4105625
I love those desu

>> No.4105731

>>4105625
Never had sleep paralysis before and hopefully I never don’t. Wouldn’t mind if it’s a qt demon incubus boy though

>> No.4105733

>>4105726
t. Sleep demon

>> No.4105737

>>4105649
>don’t think he’s beta, he has a body count of 30 girls and still goes on dates and gets numbers/unsolicited tit pics. we went for coffee not too long ago and the girl working there hooked him up with some whipped cream by surprise.
don't bother, he's more beta than the regular beta, you're just a fool for not being able to instantly tell such things.

>> No.4105768

>>4105737
>a fool
that i am senpai

>> No.4105880
File: 931 KB, 250x190, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4102879
>looking for references on a reference site
>all the models have extremely stiff, forced and awkward poses that nobody would ever do in real life or fantasy for any reason whatsoever
>extremely fake and odd facial expressions

does this really baffle anyone else? what am i going to learn by drawing Karen and Susan suspended by some pieces of fabric like they're getting sucked into a Renaissance painting? What the fuck is David doing, why does it look like he's simultaneously rollerblading and fucking a dog?

>> No.4105994

>>4105880
I too find this to be a problem with refences and then I feel discourage. Another issues that upsets me the most is going through a gallery and there's 500+ images of people just standing.

>> No.4106088

>>4105880
>>4105994
I just use movie/sport clips with a program to move the recording by frames.

>> No.4106141

>>4106088
I got this advice before. I know that this is good advice and I should follow through. But I get too caught up in watching the stuff.

>> No.4106151

>>4105880
go outside for once and draw real people

>> No.4106328
File: 81 KB, 480x480, 194.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw I'm feeling depressed again but it's about social anxiety and not an art related downer

Feels sorta between ok and not ok

>> No.4106419

>Dedicate adult life to getting gud with ambitions to go pro
>Spent most of 20s living as NEET to further this goal
>Prone to frequent mental breakdowns that hamper progress
>Finally have enough and at 28 get first full-time job
>Not relying on art for a career eases the pressure substantially
>Use money to rent out spare bedroom in parents' house to use as a studio
>Draw up floorplans for optimal workspace combining traditional and digital artwork creation
>Put my old drafting table in there for the meantime
>Months pass
>Studio still isn't setup
>Drafting table is cramped and cluttered
>Artmaking is unintuitive in there
>Unintuitive = I never want to go in there and work
>Need to buy desks and shit from IKEA
>Don't know anyone with a truck or van to pick up furniture
>Only other option is to pay $100 to have it shipped to my house
>Unacceptable
>As stopgap, order a Huion display tablet
>Hope is that I can get back into digital stuff in my room while waiting to get my trad studio setup
>Have sneaking suspicion this won't accomplish anything
>Also suspect Amazon is lying to me about the model I bought
>Will find out when it comes on Tuesday

My head is in a weird place anons. I've definitely lost my art mojo.

>> No.4106461

>>4104474
>wah I don't have friends
>Okay whats your contact info
>I don't have contact info
Based retard.

>> No.4106490

I'm afraid of using my current screen tablet, it sometimes won't turn on and I know it's reached its limit. I haven't used it seriously for art since I dropped out of college 4-5 years ago. My only regret is not drawing more on it. Now that I am trying to get back into art, it's starting to fail. I want to get a new screen tablet finally found one I like. Torn now because for $60 more I can get five more inches. I don't really have that much to spend, like I'm living off of dollar stores right now. But I am told that I'm getting a bonus from my wage job so I'm hoping it all works out. I probably would get a second hand sacredness tablet in the mean time to keep trying to improve.

>> No.4106620

>>4105467
Draw your emotions then faggot

>> No.4106625
File: 18 KB, 400x396, IMG_20190731_041541.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The biggest krab of my life are my fucking parents
In my studies and art
IDONTWANNABELIKETHEMGODFORBIDIWANTTOLIVEFORMYOWN

>> No.4106646

>>4105467
exfoliate and moisturize

>> No.4106656

>>4106419
Sudden change can either better or worsen your art immediately. Seems like its the latter for you. Try to comfort yourself by doing nostalgic things or comfy things. Usually, I make myself a warm bath and fill it with rubber ducks. I get a good cleansing, feel better, and I get to be nostalgic. Also duck army fights. Yank your muse back, anon.

>> No.4106696

>>4102879
You should slash his tires

>> No.4106709

>>4106151
>live in small town
>go outside
>try to draw some random stranger
>get arrested for being a potential serial killer

kys cityfag

>> No.4106745

>>4106709
It don’t need to be that complicated, that’s just social anxiety talking. I’ve drawn people all the time in small town settings, you’ll be fine. Most what’ll happen is you’ll be approached by old people who want to see what you’re doing.

Maybe folks won’t be as friendly, but nothing like that would happen, so don’t let that be the thing that stops you.

>> No.4106778
File: 48 KB, 565x960, FB_IMG_1562344178763.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel like my reach became lower ever since I changed my instagram profile from a personal to a creator account, I still get the same likes and gain followers but way slower than before. I don't let it bother me too much and I just keep posting as usual but this is all I have and there's literally nothing going on in my life besides art and my online presence in that platform so I do get worried about being stagnant not only in real life but also for my growth online.
from reading similar situations happening to other people one theory is that instagram fucks with your algorithm once you turn into a business/creator account so you'll spend money on promoting your posts but some say it's bull shit.

>> No.4107109
File: 313 KB, 680x680, 1567927315803.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4104153
>actually liked my drawing for the first time
>post it
>don't get any likes, comments or retweets
>lose several followers

>> No.4107117

What do you do about followers who seem to be very VERY clingy stalky like and try to get close to you? This has never happened to me before until recently but I feel like it's common.

>> No.4107124
File: 26 KB, 172x265, 1561353623446.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4105496
>Looking back i guess she really was manipulative all along
>Literally keeps a beta orbiter around and hopeful for free stuff all while pretending to be oblivious
Ouch!

>> No.4107151

>>4106625
Tell them that. Chances are, they love you and don't realize how harmful what they are doing really is. If you tell that how you feel and why you feel it then it will most likely open up into a discussion about how to make things better.

>> No.4107240

Every time I go to draw now I get a knot in my stomach thinking about all of the crits I've gotten and everywhere I need to improve. It's all stressing me out and I can't concentrate.

>> No.4107258

>>4102879
people just don't like my art at all and it's really disheartening. i keep trying to learn how to make things that are actually appealing but it doesn't seem to matter at all.

>> No.4107263

>>4104279
>these past couple of days
hehe

>> No.4107284

>>4102879
I miss being in school and actually improving. All day at school I'd just draw in my class notebooks, using the other students and teachers as my life-studies and warming up on them. Then once I got home I'd be drawing on my Wacom. Streaming my art to my friends, taking every drawfag request I could, actually getting to the point to where I could jerk off to my own artwork. I had fun and I was improving. And now it's all gone and I don't even know why. Every few days I try to just pick up a damn pencil and draw but I can't do it. It all looks like shit and I put it all away wanting to never draw again. What the fuck is wrong with me

>> No.4107306

>>4106778
100% not bullshit lmao

>> No.4107310

>>4103158
They really are.. Even when they aren’t as bad it always makes me feel insecure that I can’t draw as well as people at the same skill level without a tremor.

>> No.4107320

For the Anos that stopped drawing, cuz drawing has become something that stresses them out and makes them ultimately not want to draw anymore. Ive realised that drawing started as something fun, became over the years after ive learned about /Ic/ something i couldnt enjoy anymore, ive started to just want to improve and seeing every flaw in everything i made.i started then to doubt my own abilities and started to lose the passion. Why do something that just stresses you out and you cant enjoy. After now 1 year of not drawing and not being on /ic/ my passion slowly started to come back, it always was there and always will be there cuz being able to create something from scratch just blows my mind. But now i ask myself if i just wouldnt have learned of /ic/ i maybea would still be the one when i started drawing, learning as it goes and just creating for the fun of it. Maybea im just trying to create a scapegoat but i feel like its because of this toxic nature of 4chan.. idk im rambling, ive grown as a person, and maybea i needed this 1 year hiatus but im not gonna stress myself, improve for the love of creating

>> No.4107451

>can spend only 1-2 hours on weekdays on art
>never going to be good at that rate

>> No.4107919

>Starts posting art online via suggestion of best friend
>Nothing for 5 years
>Starts art school and is actually fun and improve alot
>Best friend starts going to the same school one year later
>One day she says we cant talk anymore, that I make her feel like shit or something
>Several days of deep depressionon top of my actual depression
>"why do I always fuck things up" mentality rises again
>Continue school for 3 more years, improving a lot my art
>Current year and have worked on some published books, posters, etc
>Starts doing commissions, people praise my art, steal it on russian boards, etc
>Actual friends
>During those 3 years tho family starts shitting on me because their lives have taken a wrong turn, it's even worse this year
>Have anxiety attacks every week and even hit myself, then cry
>On the other hand, people reply to my silly Twitter posts and makes me feel better

>> No.4107964
File: 131 KB, 715x943, d5g8bt8-f176245c-c1bc-4cab-8e0d-0c20194f661f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4107284
Nothing. Just your ability to see flaws in your own work improved faster than your ability to draw. It happens.

>> No.4108117

>>4107919
Anon :( what’s your account? I’d like to help support u

>> No.4108129

i'm getting my ass beat at art, work and video games, can't win at shit

>> No.4108188
File: 81 KB, 712x676, 1568012945701.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finally have friends irl
>finally have the will to be social
>nobody replies to hang out
>fuck that, I'm going out anyways
>draws nothing
I'm a loser beyond losers.

>> No.4108245

>>4108117
I appreciate the concern dear anon, but I would like to remain actually anonymous :,)

>> No.4108257

>>4102879
>no matter what i do, my drawings are flat and dimensionless

ive studied construction, ive studied perspective, i've grinded fundies

IT ALL LOOKS SO FLAT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>> No.4108413

>Draw what you like and study at the same time! :0 :)

Don't fall for this meme. The hard truth is you need strong foundation to do anything right. Want to make a background scene? You need perspective. Can't draw the shot you want for the character in the exact scene you want because you're afraid of drawing X body part at Y angle in Z degree? Tough shit. Want to color your image but can't? Ohh you got to go through ctrl paint. Want to dress up your characters in variety of clothes? Oh you can't because you don't know how folds work. Want to make compelling work but don't know where to start? Oh you can't because you don't even know how to go from A to Z for this either. Want to design a character sheet---oh you can't because you don't know shit about design. Want to make a comic? Oh you can't because story-boarding knowledge is involved. Want to draw funny expressions? Oh you can't because you need to know anatomy of the face well enough. ETC ETC ETC ETC.

Fuck whoever keeps pushing this meme on this board. Get your foundation in and then go and study art you like.

>> No.4108519
File: 96 KB, 750x829, tumblr_pxktbw9vvv1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

AHHHH
I told my gf's parents I sell tshirts online even though all I have up is like 2 really bad easy designs and have only sold like 2 shirts and a sticker and havent posted anything else in months.

>> No.4108532

>>4108413
angry because you have no sense of intuition aren't you :^)

>> No.4108560

>Guy seems really intent on commissioning me
>He offers to pay not in paypal, but only with two services I've never heard of, and with Venmo, which I've only ever heard of people getting scammed with
>ghosts me after
feels bad

>> No.4108601
File: 2.99 MB, 546x450, tumblr_2210b75dd89ddbea93425b1dab674e90_c9b498da_2048.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Should I delete my redbubble and start it with a better name? Its litterally just [myfirstname]redbubble instead of what I used on the other ones later.

>> No.4108615

being kicked out of my house in 20 days and my city is expensive and I'm poor so I bought a van for $750 and I'm trying to build it out to live in but idk how to and haven't been able to paint in a while and I feel I suck.

>> No.4108633

>>4108519
Well, you did technically told the truth. Apply to the Satan's school of technical truths.

>> No.4108970
File: 145 KB, 800x600, IMG_20190907_103824.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>posts my art here in different threads over the weeks
>0 critiques
Am I doing something wrong? I'm at that phase where it's not atrociously beg, but it's not significantly memorable either.

>> No.4108986

>>4108970
Yeah, I'd say so. It sucks. You fall so quickly into intermediate purgatory from flying into the sun as a beginner, and it takes 10x longer to work you way up back to peak creative confidence. Just keep working and posting, try some new things, and challenge yourself with harder projects so you can find the things you're shit at and can improve on. Just remember a lot of people quit only halfway through Loomis, so if you've gotten this far, just imagine what another 5-10 years of production and conscious improvement will do.

>> No.4109013

>>4108601
Also I've only sold 2 things on it and have 7 favorites

>> No.4109067

There are so many things I would like to do if my art weren't garbage. I feel embarrassed posting any of my work online let alone do things like making videos. I'll just become a lolcow. Years and years and years and I'm still shit, I will never not be shit since I can't improve no matter what, but I want to act like my work has any value.

>> No.4109078
File: 163 KB, 1080x1111, D0WmJUCX0AA0tOf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4109067
Just make some time lapse videos without commentary. Slap some music on it. People like those even if the art isnt that good. Its fun to just watch someone draw.

>> No.4109119

>>4109078
I can't embrace the fact I'm trash. I just can't manage to accept it. I want to be good but I can't learn no matter how hard I try. I don't understand why I am such a retard, why do I fail at everything, I always fall short every time I try to do something, I can't do nothing right. This art shit is so important to me yet I'm trash, people do it casually and they're miles better than me. Why can't I even get to be decent? I don't want to be the best I just want to be good. I'm so frustrated I couldn't even draw anything in the past weeks, I just feel angry and depressed and my mind is blank. I just want this shit to go away and go back to working and get good somehow, there are people in the /beg/ thread better than me after years, it makes me want to kill myself

>> No.4109150

>>4108970
It's not really about being good or not, a lot of it is about the thumbnail looking good or drawing animu

>> No.4109305
File: 683 KB, 2104x1024, 2 - enjoy the grass.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4109119
You need to stop compairing yourself to others constantly. what are you working on? Do you struggle with hands? Make stuff that involves some hands in an imporant way? Drawings feel stiff? Look through some art and find ones you like that dont feel stiff. Make a drawing with a similar pose until you get one that feels flowy as well. then figure out why it feels more flowy. Can you post a piece of your art?

>> No.4109307

I spent the last hour crying in front of a sheet of paper. I'm done. I just wanted this one thing, one thing to make my stupid useless life worth keeping, just one thing. I put all these years, so much thought and study and effort in it, I tried so hard. And I have to see kids doodling after school just blowing me away a million times. How is it possible that I still can't get right simple things I have drawn tens of thousands of times, following the right way, so carefully. Why can't my hands and brain just work and make the right marks. I tried so hard to have this one thing, I gave up everything else just to have this one thing, just one thing in this shitty life, why can't I have it.
I'm going to get checked for a learning disability or some form of retardation. If I have it I'll kill myself.

>> No.4109321

why do so many peole have piss-ugly art styles? one of my friends has this really tumblr looking art-style and I hate telling them it looks good, because it feels like I'm lying. Technically speaking they need a proper critique but I 100% know they wouldn't be able to handle it at all

>> No.4109326
File: 89 KB, 336x284, 1567836900668.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>built a fanbase in one specific fandom
>every art not related to that fandom gets totally ignored

>> No.4109327

>>4109307
Anon there’s a lot of obscure hobbies out there, I’m sure there’s something that upon discovering you’ll both excel at and enjoy. Don’t give up

>> No.4109336

>>4105880
try looking for movie compilations of the thing you need a reference for, a good actor is still better at faking shit than a random person photographed for reference images

>> No.4109421

>>4105880
I feel you anon, it's retarded unless you're looking for difficult unusual poses to practice. Do what this anon said >>4109336 and study off movie screenshots or footage of the real thing

>> No.4109472

>>4108970
People don't reply if its not excessively bad or some cute anime bullshit. Try the LAS discord if you want actually critique from a couple decent artist. Or you could try your hand at DMing one of you favorite artist. Tons of them have discords where they are willing to give you some tips.

>> No.4109678

>>4108986
>>4109150
>>4109472
Thanks for the tips, I'll keep drawing, challenging myself, and try the discord.

>> No.4109783

>>4109078
Do people prefer realtime speed or it sped up to be shorter digestible chunks at a higher pace?

>> No.4109813

>>4109783
Speed it up. Unless its a live stream people (usually) prefer sped up stuf. At least thats what ive seen.

>> No.4109829

>>4102879
I HAVENT DRAWN ANYTHING SINCE FUCKING AUGUST 6TH. I bought a project car and I've been spending time with my dad. it actually has helped my depression, and the car is coming together pretty well. But FUCK i havent been drawing!!!!!! god damn it! im gonna watch the proko rib cage video today :(

>> No.4109866

>>4109813
Good deal, thanks!

>> No.4109871

I'm so heartbroken and sad. I come home to my now empty apartment and draw until I cry myself to sleep like the pathetic subhuman I am.

>> No.4109911

When i started drawing i was so excited to go through all the reference materials, video lectures and books. I was sure that i'd improve after going through it all. 14 months later having gone through most of it making negligible progress at best, i'm starting to realize that i don't have the ability to draw. Every day it's like starting from day 1, no more confident than i was a year ago. Don't know what's worse, quitting and having all that time be for nothing, or continuing and stagnating indefinitely. I'm out of time as it is, so even if i continued there's no realistic way to improve and still have the time to build a portfolio. It's probably a stupid idea to attempt to develop a skill that you didn't start in childhood.

>> No.4109924

>>4109871
What does being heartbroken feel like?
I always shrugged off my break ups even with the long term relationships.

>> No.4109988

>>4109924
I was that way too, even in my early 20's. I'm in my later 20's now and this past time I tried really hard, I gave it my best effort. I changed, I grew, I fought to improve, I fought for him too. I fought more for him than myself because I believed in him.

It feels like I wasted a huge amount of time and effort. I feel betrayed and confused because I didn't deserve what injustice happened to me. And now I feel repulsively insecure. Sometimes I cry and I feel God and that feels strange. I feel disappointed when I remember the little things that made us, us. The jokes, nuances, and quirks that made us smile. I digress. Hope that helps. I've never felt heartbroken before either, so I am analyzing and processing while grieving.

>> No.4110024

>>4106419

Tuesday has come

>Display tablet is here
>Whole thing feels real awkward
>My desk is too small to comfortably accommodate the second display
>Stopgap idea = fail, still need the studio
>Messing around in Photoshop, feels like shit
>Clip Studio Paint feels better
>Inking is shit compared to trad, but penciling is nice and the painting is cool
>Still got to mess around in Illustrator before coming to a conclusion
>Have a month to make my mind up

So as of right now my plan to jumpstart my creativity with a new tool isn't quite panning out.

And Amazon sent me the wrong fucking one. Goddammit.

>> No.4110257

I want to have fucking fun drawing. I barely have fun anymore. Anytime I fucking draw something I get so caught up in trying to perfect and study something that it sucks all the fucking fun out of the process.

Right now I'm trying to draw a pose and I absolutely hate it. It looks like dog shit. I'm so fucking upset that I can't just have fun. I can't do the hands properly. I can't do the arms properly. It absolutely ruins my drive. And the feeling "GO BACK AND STUDY NO IMAGINATION" just drives me up the fucking wall.

>> No.4110320
File: 71 KB, 720x960, 1529684170312.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There's people out there putting out an Illustration or comic page per -fucking- day.
Just how?

Like holy shit, I try to get pieces done but it takes me so fucking long to finish just one.
I WANT to produce more but it feels like each line takes an hour, how the fuck am I getting nothing done?

>> No.4110330

>>4110320
Ever seen those shitty youtube videos like OMG WORKER LEVEL GOD where some some random chink or pajeet performs a mechanical task with blazing speed and dexterity? It's the same thing. Turns out if you're doing something every single day for the last 20 years you become extremely effective at it. Which leaves little room for shitposting, get to work!

>> No.4110333

>>4110320
part of it is just knowledge & experience, the more you do something & it becomes second nature, the easier it becomes for you to do that thing & make good choices quickly.
part of it is good production techniques and understanding where detail actually matters & where you can just imply things. learn how to make the most of your tools.
part of it is just mental
>https://leangains.com/fuckarounditis/
this is a bigger problem for most people than they'd like to admit. do what you can to create a good working environment for yourself; social media and the internet might not be part of that environment.
what helped me out the most is working in shorter bursts with a timer & essentially treating phase of the image like it's a speedpainting. it doesn't seem like much of a change but you'd be surprised how much faster your decision making becomes with even just a little pressure.

imo vera has one of the best workflows of anyone i've seen & does sketches that are better than many people's full illustrations. he's very good about taking breaks too
>https://picarto.tv/Veramundis

>> No.4110439
File: 1.45 MB, 640x360, merk.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm fucking tired of the direction that social media culture is headed, there's nothing I can do about it and every day it just gets worse and worse

I just saw 50,000 people shitting on an artist for drawing a cartoon woman with exaggerated legs- not even in a sexual context, all it takes is some legs and it's "eww this artist makes me want to puke", "where are her organs", etc etc etc. Better yet, the drawing was years old and the person who made it was FIFTEEN at the time. Imagine having tens of thousands of people willing to shove you down a flight of stairs because you drew some wonky legs as a kid. You try to set shit straight but the damage is done, the callout has infinitely more traction than anything you can say in your defense and you'll be getting hatemail from random strangers until the day you die

This shit makes me livid and I can't even talk about it in public. My twitter notifications would be awash in a sea of Steven Universe icons telling me to neck myself if I did

>> No.4110448
File: 428 KB, 500x275, source.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't draw. Every few years I get to a point where I associate too much negative shit to drawing and I can't draw. It would be easier to stab my hands with a needle.
How do I fix this? I just want to delete all the social media shit and draw. I don't want to spend who knows how many months like this. It takes so long to go away.

>> No.4110452

>>4110320
Calm down, focus on doing your best and learning and speed will come.
>>4110333
If he's a complete beginner treating work like speed painting won't help because he doesn't have established workflow. Begs will fuck around a lot until they figure things out. To make workflow faster have specific steps in mind- sketch, blocking in, basic shades etc or have someone guiding you. But every time I try something new there will be parts of process that are not streamlined and I'll readjust different things and fuck around to see which option is better.

Anyway I wanted to vent. Just fuck my shit up. I put in many hours through the years, I improved, but I feel fucking dazed and confused. I only attained proper discipline last year but it still doesn't feel like 100% of effort. I'm wouldn't say I'm lazy but I don't know how to lit a fire under my ass. I can't choose one thing I like the most to polish my skill in this one area and try to have income from it. I have this longing of novelty and experimentation and thought of commitment makes me scared.

>> No.4110481

>>4103158
They are a medical condition, get checked. Sadly it's a thousand times harder to find a competent doctor than it is to find a competent artist.

>> No.4110488

>>4110439
People are angry and repressed, there's nothing wrong with their reactions. Social media just allows them to draw out their negative feelings.

Still sucks, but change your email, blacklist spam haters, ignore the rest. If your work is quality it will still rebound.

>> No.4110495

>>4110320
Film yourself drawing, better if over a whole day. Chances are you'll be horrified at your own inefficiency.
If you want to be an artist and can't spend 2-3 days holed up drawing without disturbances and distractions, you're just not in the right setting to do it efficiently. Very high chance digital shit is draining more time than you imagine too.

>> No.4110505

>>4104770
No anon, they’re either in bright light, or in shadows in warm red light. Skin tone don’t real

>> No.4110519

>>4105496
What the fuck cut the poor guy off. He needs to find someone who actually wants a future with him. At the very least for the love of god don’t cuddle/kiss him, you’re being a dick stringing him along like that because when you do it he absolutely thinks he has a chance

>> No.4110546
File: 829 KB, 666x636, 1560672738606.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>that guy who is roleplaying under your twitter post

>> No.4110566
File: 35 KB, 704x540, AliceLainStill.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>4 root canals in two weeks
both my brain and wallet are drained

reminder to floss your teeth

>> No.4110572

>>4110566
iktf, I floss too but my bottom teeth hurt like fuck, I have to get them cured but I don't have money and I don't care about my health anymore

>> No.4110816
File: 225 KB, 510x800, 1565248602685.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4102879
I feel so extremely exhausted and tired and exhausted and I really really want to kill myself. I'm barely 5 weeks into my 1st year at a business degree and I'm so utterly miserable.

To start off, business is an extremely competitive field, so what really sets you apart are your internships and GPA, which I stay back till 9pm everyday just to study. I don't have any business background so I am already at a severe disadvantage, compared to other people coming in with prestigious internships.

People told me university was going to be "the best time of your life" but it's been utterly miserable so far and it is going to get far, far worse.

I spent my past 6 years studying at the best educational instituitions in my country and was subjected to so much pressure, I thought uni would be different, but it isn't. I just come home everyday and cry for one hour on the floor. I'm a an extroverted and friendly person so I am making the best of my social skills to network in the business field, which are quite successful so far.

I just really want to draw. I wanted to be an architect so badly since I was young, until I realised how awful the job scene was in my country, or anywhere else for that matter.

At the same time, I chose business because I thought it would get me a job away from my abusive family, a better chance for me to work overseas forever. But I also really want to draw. My life goal is just to draw and draw and draw. I feel so trapped and miserable, I'm thinking of tranferring to another design school in my country, which my parents vehemently object to.

I feel extremely trapped and exhausted, I've been feeling like this since I was 12. I think I am near the end of my life.

>> No.4110946

>>4110816
If you take a honest look at your skills, both drawing and accessory, would you say that you can make it with art? How much are you willing to compromise? There are fields in art that are much more accessible than others.

>> No.4111165
File: 44 KB, 500x588, IMG_20190626_025304_664.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I will literally never be good nothing I do will ever look good I have no sense of what looks good and what doesn't I can't understand perspective or shadows or anatomy or aesthetically pleasing things or colours I will never make a good use of pens or pencils or copics or watercolor or oils or understand brushes and how to use them I'll never be anything I'm gonna be stuck at McDonald's forever not even McDonald's would want me I can't even ask for my nuggets how am I supposed to do something with my life when I can't ask for fucking chicken nuggets with this crippling anxiety
No speaking - no cashier/barista/teacher/etc
No good "art" eye - no graphic design/art/etc
Not good looking - nowhere in the media
No exceptional talent - no niche occupations
I'm literally useless in this world I can't be a normal member of society theyll file me as handicap and give me 300€ every month and I'll live off that until I inevitably end up kill myself at 30

>> No.4111215

>>4105657
Not him but it sometimes happens when I sleep on my stomach. Hard to explain, but I can feel mouth opening and sucking air into the bed like a vacuum from the tip of my forehead to my belly button and I can hear a voice as if it's inhaling a large amount of air. Almost like it's trying to suck my soul into the bed and my brain has a vision of what it looks like without opening my eyes. I know I'm awake because I can't move nor breathe. And because the pillow on my face it's even more fucked.

>>4105625
>No demons though, thankfully

If you keep getting them frequently (and I speak in my experience) I think the shadow demons end up learning more about you and how to approach you. If you try to avoid them eventually they learn new tactics to get you to notice them. I haven't had to look at a shadow being in a long time because I've trained myself to shut my eyes close (despite the very heavy force that tries to get them to open). The sleep paralysis for me I know is guaranteed 100% when I recognize I'm dreaming and have full control of the dream. It's the trade off for lucid dreaming.

>> No.4111224

>>4111215
Welp, there goes my sleep tonight

>> No.4111226

fuck the wacom jew

>> No.4111227

>still stuck in /beg/
>all of my work looks like shit no matter what I do
>feel like I can't improve; every time I practice I can pick out all of the flaws in what I did
>literally zero strengths; no reason to feel proud of anything I've created
what the fuck do I do

>> No.4111228

>>4110546
Fuck, I thought I was the only one. Is there a way to tell them to fuck off politely? I haven't interacted with this cretin yet.

>> No.4111253

>>4111227
If you are still a /beg/ you can totally get better just with practice.
Get in the mindset that you're learning and don't lose hope. Study construction and perspective off the books you like the most, aid yourself in every way you can to get you to see drawings in 3D. If you can get an app like Handy where you can rotate things in 3D it's worth even just looking at the models for a while. If you think human bodies and heads are too hard draw simpler man-made things.
The #1 problem with /beg/ is understanding 3D, focus on that.

>> No.4111263

Can't draw today, I feel tired and stiff even though I've been sleep all day. I am fighting the urge to get a pack of cigarettes, I haven't smoked in a year.

>> No.4112981

>>4111228
I had one retard on deviantart one time who keep posting his roleplaying fantasies about one single drawing every week 3 weeks in a row, I tired of deleting his comments so I just blocked him, on twitter you can just mute them and forget about it.

>> No.4113000

>>4110546
Does he use asterisk?

>> No.4113009
File: 91 KB, 720x712, 1564551407050.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Excel at drawing objects and stuff
>Still can't draw human shapes after months of practice.
Fuuuuuuuck.
Am I wasting my time tracing/eyeing photos?

>> No.4113015

>Friends artwork is all really hideously fucking ugly, but the kind of ugly where they've put serious time and effort into it
>Really dont know how to formulate crit at all

>> No.4113017

>>4113015
start at the bottom and go up
>whats bad about the linework and colors
>composition
>etc
thats generally how i offer criticism

>> No.4113021

>>4111253
Thanks anon.

>> No.4113023

>>4113017
I offered some crit on the most easily fixable thing in one of their pieces (just the composition of the more graphic elements with the character) and they got a bit pissy.

I don't think I could ever get even close to being honest about how fucking ugly their characters are without them losing their shit.

>> No.4113025

>>4113023
Oh thatttttt kinda issue.
If they're the type that's going to break down at any criticism I'd suggest just stopping being friends with them if it's that bad.
Honestly those types of people aren't worth your time unless they have something that saves them

>> No.4113031

>>4113023
To be fair, composition is the hardest thing to fix beyond the sketch stage

>> No.4113033

>>4113023
You say "they", are you omitting information or are you using "they" because it's their pronoun? Cause in that case I would stay away from that person.

>> No.4113197
File: 334 KB, 920x1305, 59.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I keep having these excessively long dreams, they range from at least 2 weeks to sometimes years
I forget them the moment I wake up and they just leave me fucking tired

Just slept from 7pm till 6am

>> No.4113220

>>4104028
>lifting is the same movements every time
but you get better and better every time, you make breakthroughs in your technique, breathing, bracing, you can do more each time if you do it right, and you can feel how it starts to "feel" better

>> No.4113276

>>4104028
>lifting is the same movements every time
maybe look into calisthenics and parkour-type stuff. it's all about progressing and learning new movements.
i find lifting kinda boring too, but learning to do backflips? that shit's fun and really rewarding.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Wr7HsylE0&feature=youtu.be&t=130

>> No.4113301

I usually upload regularly on my social media, so I steadily gain followers, but I've noticed, the second I go a single fucking week not posting shit, people immediately unfollow? At first I thought that it was just that the fandom I'm in is on the decline, but other artists around my skill level just keep growing, even during their down time?
I don't make political posts, I don't post pictures of food or talk about negative shit, I try really hard to be nice, so why the ffuck are my followers so unloyal?
Makes me feel like my art doesn't mean shit

>> No.4113392

>>4112981
I've considered muting the person, but I'm still worried how it'll reflect on my public image. Other users can still see his/her retarded roleplay autism on my post's comment section, so my work will forever be associated with that faggot's cringe.

>> No.4113552

>>4113301
>Makes me feel like my art doesn't mean shit
It doesn't lol, you are not thinking of yourself as a product™ enough
Lots of people just add you hoping you add them back.

>> No.4113599

>>4113301
I was worried about people unfollowing me when I don't post art but then I checked tweepsmap and turns out its just suspended accounts 90% of time

>> No.4113609

>>4113301

It's just porn bots/spam accounts that get banned shortly after. The remaining percent are sub4sub fags. Really if you aren't getting like 50 followers a day don't worry about followers.

>> No.4113615

>>4113301
There are two kind of followers on twitter, the ones that follow you because they want more of your content, and the ones that follow you because they hope you follow them back.

As far as I've seen, it's pretty black or white if your followers are in one or the other category, and it all depends on the type and quality of content you make. Until you burst through some kind of threshold with your art, very few people are going to follow you for your content. Past that point, followers just explode every time you post.

People who believe that they need to grow a following steadily over time are just collecting mostly leeches. If your art is already past that threshold, you're going to have hundreds or even thousands of followers overnight even with a blank twitter, just because people want to see more of what you make. I've seen it happen over and over again, and I can tell in a microsecond from a single drawing if an artist has it or not.

And fuck if I know what one's art needs to reach that level, if I did I wouldn't be posting this probably lol. I see borderline /begs/ who have it and much more advanced people who are just unappealing. So the basic idea is just understand how to make your art more appealing and ride the grind

>> No.4113616

>>4110439
Such is the world we live in with stupid mindless bandwagoning mobs.

>> No.4113619

>>4113615
oh, and I know it sounds harsh, but it's the kind of truth that you're going to get only here on 4chan, people on social media are going to tell you "oh, don't worry, it's cute" but they actually know you don't have it, and unconsciously they realize this. I'm not meaning to make you feel worse, in fact it should be motivating since sooner or later you'll hit that threshold if you keep on working on your art, it's just a matter of understanding what you like in the art you like and keep on improving.

>> No.4113659

>>4113615
>I can tell in a microsecond from a single drawing if an artist has it or not.
this is bullshit, I've seen countless artists whose art was professional and "this guy is gonna make it" but turns out they have 200 followers. If you couldn't see the follower numbers to feed your confirmation bias you wouldn't have a clue.

>> No.4113705

>>4113659
i've said that it doesn't really matter what your skill level is, in fact I think that the less classically trained you are the better your chances of having it, since you're not wasting time on shit that 99% of people don't care about like perspective and anatomy and focusing on what actually makes a drawing pleasing like subject and design.

Also I wasn't talking about making it, I'm sure you can make it (as in, make a living) even with just a modest amount of loyal patrons or just doing anonymous illustration work for companies, I was talking specifically about having that something that makes your stuff popular on social media and makes people promote your work over someone else's.

>> No.4113731

>>4113705
>i've said that it doesn't really matter what your skill level is
You repeatedly used words like "quality" and "level"
>and focusing on what actually makes a drawing pleasing like subject and design.
It really sounds like you draw noodly SJW stuff, what if someone doesn't want to draw that?
>I'm sure you can make it (as in, make a living) even with just a modest amount of loyal patrons
And how many followers you need to get a modest amount of loyal patrons? Most artists barely scrape by, many artists lie about being successful when they're actually in debt and living at their parents' expenses. It's always so fishy when people come out of the woodwork and say it's easy, and whenever you dig a bit deeper they're either theorycrafting or purposefully drawing extremely marketable stuff and they're out of touch.

>> No.4113743

>>4113705
>since you're not wasting time on shit that 99% of people don't care about like perspective and anatomy and focusing on what actually makes a drawing pleasing like subject and design.
If you're attempting even semi-realism, people's brains can tell if these things are fucked up or not even if they can't pinpoint exactly what's wrong. People know what the human body looks like. People know how things in perspective are supposed to look like simply from experience. People will feel those flaws whether they care or not when they're judging your art as a whole.

>> No.4113749

>>4113659
>I've seen countless artists whose art was professional and "this guy is gonna make it" but turns out they have 200 followers.
not him, but can you post a few?

>> No.4113754

>>4113743
Just draw noodle people bro
Just make them brown
It's easy bro

>> No.4114554

>>4103355
you lack discipline

>> No.4114877

>People message me with "hi, how're you doing?" and "nice art, I like how you do x/y/z!"
>Too much of a wuss to ignore them so I end up talking to them
>All of them eventually ask me to draw them things for free because "we're friends, so i thought you'd make an exception for me, and you're fast"
>They commission others that are around my level, but they don't want to commission me because "you could draw my ideas for free"

I just want to learn to be more firm

>> No.4114882
File: 1.04 MB, 2448x3264, Petethecat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Man children book's illustrators have it easy, what a bunch of hacks, just look at Pete the cat, i mean, even i could draw that
>try it, can't freaking draw it, can't fucking draw the autistic cat
I'm CWC tier at this point, i didn't merely stagnate, i regressed.
Anyway what are factors that make a parent pick up a children's book? do they look at it and say ''this one has soul'' and grab it, or do they ask their kids, or what? why does the simpler stuff sell more?

>> No.4114886

>>4114877
Make them feel like a dick head for asking.
Because they are dick heads for asking.

>> No.4114901
File: 226 KB, 1021x1400, Rebeccadautremer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4114882
I mean, you'll never see rebecca dautremer among the best selling books for kids.

>> No.4115018

>>4102879
I can't focus. I have a plan laid out of what I need to do to finish my project but i can't focus. i can go outside and stare into the sky but i can't fucking focus when i sit down to draw. what is actually wrong with me? what do I do? it hurts to let hours slip by where i barely get anything done. half the time im just staring into space or having scary thoughts about my life. god i hate this. i swear that if it wasn't so hard to focus id be 2x as good as i currently am

>> No.4115043

>>4115018
IKTF
You might have depression or some other deep-rooted issue, or maybe you simply don't believe in your project. It's hard to commit to a long-term thing if you think you will get nothing in return. Maybe you're being too ambitious. Try to work on a smaller project that you can get done easily instead. In this moment you need achievable goals.
I know this sounds like a meme but eat well, sleep well. Make small meals before going to bed, try to have a clean routine. There are apps for this like TimeTune.
If you have trouble actually being productive when your'e working, try the Pomodoro technique, it's not a meme. There are lots of open source apps that are free.
https://splode.github.io/pomotroid/
http://www.tomighty.org/
You set a timer and work when you have to work, take a break when there's a break. If you have trouble focusing, try long breaks and short work times. Stuff like 20 work, 10 break, long break 20 minutes. But in those 20 minutes of work you have to work and do nothing else. Then you increase work and shorten the breaks, the standard is 25/5/15.

But if your problem is stuff like depression, or your project is simply too hard to realize, it's going to be hard to stay motivated. Make small things that you can get done, getting a smaller project done is better than not getting your big project done.

>> No.4115045

>>4115043
>Make small meals before going to bed
I mean make your dinner a small meal, you don't want to go to bed on a full stomach. Avoid coffee after morning, avoid alcohol in the evening, take breaks to stretch and do some other physical activity.

>> No.4115056

>>4115043
i needed to hear this anon, thank you. these desktop pomodoro apps remind me of a time when i was programming and happy doing it. im going to try cleaning my room and my computer (installing rain meter like i used to have, somehow made it easier to feel good about working), getting better sleep and a better sleep schedule, pulling out the DDR mat, and scheduling meals so i dont eat all at once and make myself feel bad. heres to hoping i can turn a page in this scary world.

>> No.4115120

>>4114886
Thank you, I'm gonna give it a try, anon

>> No.4115181

>>4110816
>I feel so extremely exhausted and tired and exhausted and I really really want to kill myself

Please tell me you're not serious, anon.

>> No.4115192

>>4105496
The dude sounds nice.
The girl sounds like a prick, my heart bleeds and makes me wish I could offer advice.
>>4105649
>last two was a horned horse head shadowperson that was pacing and swaying by my bed, he ran away when i got up to fight. the next one turned lucid and the weird pressure thing just spooned me.
sounds comfy actually.

>> No.4115375

>>4102879
I'm getting over all the doubts, "will I manage to learn" as after a 1 year I started to feel 3D space despite everything being a wobbly lines and mess. Maybe I'm dumb, but I'm progressing slowly. That's sort of a good feeling.

The bad feeling is that I don't know how to make money. I'm scared of corporations and the "school" (course whatever, it's for 20-30 adults who didn't find a job in time) I attend, there's a guy who makes mad money by being self-employed with loads of connections by making all sort of graphics and gd and 3d stuff, and he's really impressive to me. Basically does marketing campaigns for mid sized stuff in a small country. At the same time that amount of skills overwhelms me, while I don't feel I'd like to specialize just in 1 type of art-related-work.

>> No.4116141

I got this nifty small tv monitor my parents were gonna throw away and it just feels so comfy. It's not super thin like most monitors today nor is it super bulky like an old monitor. It's somewhere in between and it's small and compact while the logo glows when it's on/off. I'm using it as a streaming monitor connected to a throwaway laptop so I can watch others draw at all times. Such a nice little piece of junk.

>> No.4116152
File: 31 KB, 600x450, 5b2a804b6afa4a6d9324a190d0d09dd2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4116141
looks like this

>> No.4116241

i know my aspirations are fucking pathetic you fucking cunt fuck off

>> No.4116443
File: 605 KB, 2283x1593, yande.re 75038 .hack__ .hack__legend_of_the_twilight .hack__sign elk kite_(.hack) kunisaki_shuugo sadamoto_yoshiyuki tsukasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4104028
MOTHER FUCKER! why do i have such nostalgia for such a shit series? IT HITS EVERY TIME

>> No.4116920
File: 57 KB, 665x616, index.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

when your drawing's turning out really shitty but you're like halfway done and you already got this far so you might as well finish it

>> No.4116922

>>4116443

dothack is timeless classic

>> No.4116965
File: 16 KB, 260x268, 8e2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4110439
I find it kinda hilarious that you can become public enemy number #1 by doing something so mundane such has messing around with a characters legs.
However, if you do become a target of whatever bullshit media. Do not let it get to you, taking them seriously will only get them their way.
>>4110546
I wanna see one of them but you'll probably end up exposing yourself, unless you block out a few details.

>> No.4116982

>>4110439
Can you post the legs guy? I'm curious

>> No.4117002
File: 491 KB, 708x480, 1498600135334.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to do art since 2008
>due to life problems and general lack of self confidence not do any real work
>be close to 30 now
>be both too ashamed of myself and regretful for not learning to draw

>> No.4117004

>>4117002
Just do it anon. Best time to start was 30 years ago. Second best time is today.

>> No.4117011

>>4117004
That is the plan. I don't see any way out of my current life situation than trying my luck with art.

>> No.4117029

>>4117011
Good luck anon! I'm rooting for you!

>> No.4117058

>>4117029
Thank you. I will need it. I don't have much privacy, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

>> No.4117149
File: 998 KB, 500x368, 1505326516165.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4110566
THIS THIS HITS THSI THS IT HSI THSI THS I THIS

EVERYONE FLOSS AND BRUSH RIGHT NOW AND LIKE FIVE TIMES DAILY
TRUST NO DENTIST TRUST NO MEDICINE IT WILL GO WRONG FLOSS DAILY TEN TIMES

>> No.4117163

Why does it take so long to draw something when you know little understanding of it. Like 5 hours can go by and my canvas looks like it only took 20 minutes of effort.

>> No.4117230

>>4104763
You just have to build your visual library. I used to have that too where it was really hard for me to communicate my ideas, but it started improving as I just generally improved art more and did more studies, etc. I think some studies that will really help is looking at illustrations that are on par with the kind you'd like to create, and then redrawing/painting them to study and break down the elements, composition, etc. to learn what goes into an illustration like that.

>> No.4117260

>>4117002
I feel you.
I am turning 27 this week. I have nothing to show for my life and spent most of it in a haze of depression and issues. But it is why I started drawing because it's the only thing that makes me satisfied with life. My drawings suck pass but each one gets a little better if I try to learn what went wrong.

>> No.4117297

>>4105467
Stop eating Carbs, eat once a day. Do this eat-once-a-day fasting like everyone else and see your body deal with the inflammation in weeks.

>> No.4117354

How the fuck is it possible that after so many years of practice I'm still shit
Complete utter fucking shit
I draw shit that shouldn't be out of /beg/
How is it possible, why me, why
I studied so fucking hard for YEARS, why did I have to be a person with the shittiest drawing aptitude possible in the history of Earth
Why did God curse me with such intense passion for a thing I have fucking negative infinite talent for
Why am I completely retarded when it comes to drawing, why do I have no sense of anything, appeal, perspective, composition, anything
Everything I draw is so fucking ugly, I try so hard to fix it, I put so much care in it, I use reference, nothing, I can't make it not shit
As soon as I try drawing anything that isn't 100% /beg/ tier I make a fucking disaster
Always out of the comfort zone, draw from life, draw from imagination, draw all the fucking time, pay attention to shit, follow the book, I did every fucking single thing right and today I am still a fucking /beg/
I honestly want to kill myself, I can't handle being this much of a mega fucking failure

>> No.4117362
File: 211 KB, 735x331, 2017vs2019.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i feel like im not improving enough or fast enough. I know I must have improved some, but I feel like for my age, it's nowhere near enough. I'm 21, for reference.

I see 13-16 year olds painting at a pro level and I feel like it's pointless to keep trying so hard at it when I'll only ever be mediocre. Sure, it looks nice to people who don't know how to draw, but I feel like in the art world, it's just not up to snuff.

I get so frustrated with myself, because I can paint something and love it! Then I see it a few hours later and I want to die because I feel like it looks shit.

pic related, left was done mid-2017, right was done early 2019.

>> No.4117435

>>4117354
Post art please. I can re-assure you if you're shit and should give up.

>> No.4117441

>>4117435
After I give up and delete everything I have online I will post art so literally everyone else on /ic/ can feel great about themselves

>> No.4117448

>>4117441
Let me tell you this at least.
Many children love football until they realize they're not great. Many people like making music until they realise they're not really good at it. etc. Artists have the same thing.
However, life is really about finding something you like And are good at. And that becomes a passion. If that is cooking food, or just running. Whatever man. If art didn't happen to be for you, but you're still passionate. That's a sad missmatch and you can move on to certainly find other things to passion about. You often give up on many things before finding that one thing. You rarely ever find your thing first time around but that doesn't stop you from feeling passion about it.
But do show at least one image you've done. I'm just curious.

>> No.4117533

Why are all the art friends I seem to make extremely mentally ill people that want me to constantly baby them? I just want normal art friends to occasionally talk to without the conversation devolving into talking about their unhealthy dependence on social media attention and how not getting enough attention makes them want to kill themselves.
I'm not your goddamn therapist, you fucking cunts

>> No.4117800
File: 1.02 MB, 1435x761, 343245.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh god, how can I convince my dumb family that my fucking commission freelance gig isnt a fucking business

nor am I interested in trying to claim brand rights or none of that "business claim" thats being blown way out of proportions

I just want to work on my art and commissions in peace rather than pieces

>> No.4118234

I have censored every dick and every vagina in my Tumblr posts. They pass the algorithm yet I look the next they and they keep taking down my shit. WHY! It's ART ffs!

>> No.4118236

>>4117800
Don't be afraid of registering your business, I did that, it's actually less complicated than I previously thought. I've been running my own company, with me as the only employee for over a year now

>> No.4118259

>>4118234
Based Tumblr, pornfag BTFO

>> No.4118340

>>4118236
Could you tell us more about his experience?
What you do, how does a company help. What the economical situation around it etc.?

>> No.4118348 [DELETED] 
File: 210 KB, 1201x1071, Untitled_Artwork(91)1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4118259
I'm not a pornfag, I draw SFW stuff 99% of the time. Why can't I mix in a couple sexy shots every now and then, I'm not even posting them colored or super rendered or anything. Just a couple lines put together, genitals all censored out. Who tf would get disturbed by this?

Anyway, I'm migrating to Twitter.

>> No.4118352

>>4104763
Well the human figure is the hardest thing to draw

>> No.4118363

>>4105496
Try a relationship with him until he moves to New York, but be very clear ut ends when he leaves

>> No.4118368

>>4118340
not that guy but basically if you get sued for fanart (or anything else) then the business (depending type) can protect you from losing personal assets as only the business itself can be sued. it's also better tax wise and it's cool to be able to hand out business cards.

>> No.4118369
File: 210 KB, 1201x1071, Untitled_Artwork(91)1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4118259
I'm not a pornfag, I draw SFW stuff 99% of the time. Why can't I mix in a couple sexy shots every now and then, I'm not even posting them colored or super rendered or anything. Just a couple lines put together, genitals all censored out. Who tf would get disturbed by this?

Anyway, I'm migrating to Twitter.

>>4118340
I live in Poland so I'm not sure if this will help you or not. I did it because I didn't wanna get in trouble with the law by tax evasion, also I get some country-specific social benefits. My accountant helped me sort everything out, you probably have some sort of "business advisory service" where you live and these people are surprisingly helpful, you can even get free money to pay for the initial costs of setting up your business (I mean literally, not a loan; some cities offer grants to boost their economy). If you have a company it makes it easier to get commissions from other businesses, because all studios and agencies will require you to send an invoice. So basically
>advantages
- you can send your own invoices which opens you up to better paid opportunities
- social benefits (in my case it's a retirement fund, paid maternity leave, free health care etc. you have to look it up for yourself)
- you are operating 100% legal, so you don't have to worry about the IRS
- possible business grants
>disadvantages
- income tax, social insurance and accounting fee
As I said I only know losely about how it works in the EU, I think the basics are the same in the US but your tax rates are probably not so crazy high depeding on the income.

>> No.4118445
File: 146 KB, 952x944, 1541516572782.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hate porn. I hate the fact that I draw fapping material. I hate the fact that I've been paid to draw fap bait. I've always been attracted to the beauty of the female form but the fact my art has now been transformed to the degradation and objectification of their body parts (even if just drawings) makes me ill inside. I've gotten a small following on my DA account that expects lewd content, but I just don't want to deliver it anymore. I could possibly rebrand it to something safer after I purge most of the content. Any feedback/advice?

>> No.4118453

>>4118445
if its not for you then don't do it dumbass is my advice

>> No.4118474

>>4118369
I found it a little funny you were in Poland. I specifically have been thinking of moving there if I ever start doing proper commission work. Learn the language and just take a year or two to live cheaply in a nice country I've always wanted to visit, and to be able to go around on commissions and improve my drawing skills and potential client base. Who knows, maybe it'd be a very nice country to continue living in too. It's just that family, friends and stuff may bring me home in the end.

But I find it very motivating to hear you speak well of making oneself a business. Probably helps to cheapen material costs or equipment and whatever for the hobby as you can write it off on the company too.

>> No.4118508

>>4118474
Oh that's so cool Anon! If you're ever around or need some more advice, you can DM me on Discord, it's mag#1418.

The language is insanely hard to learn for foreigners, so honestly... Good luck with that. And yeah, I totally add my software license, domain costs, equipment and sometimes food to company expenses. I lived in other Western Euro countries before and honestly, it's not at all bad in here. In large cities other than Warsaw you can find good living standards at low costs. I would highly recommend that you don't work for Polish clients though, they're all shit.

>> No.4118595

>>4118369
so can you explain how specifically "easy" it was to set up your business

>> No.4118610

Speaking of tumble is it even a good place to post art anymore? I don't use it at all anymore. It feels like I can't post much and I still get the fucking porn bots following me. I ha net been active in months and five seconds ago I got a notification of a "sexytammy666999 is now following you."

>> No.4118649

>>4118445
>Any feedback/advice?
Nuke your account and start over under a new alias, forget about this shit. I did it for fun and I got sick of it real fast.

>> No.4118659

>>4118595
Ok let me tell you, but this is country-specific so really, not sure if it helps. In the EU it should work more or less the same.
>go to your local employment office to register as unemployed; usually you will have to register online to schedule an appointment
>tell them you would like to set up a business but don't know how
>they spoonfeed you advice on how to do it, get you government grants, get sector specific advice, possibly even sign you up for free supplementary courses
>find an accountant (online or wherever; it's best if someone recommends one to you)
>print out the papers to fill from a government website
>your accountant fills them in for you
>go to a bank to set up a business account (you can choose one that's free)
>bring the papers to your local enterpreneurship center
Congrats you're a business owner. Basically if you want to set up a business, it's in your government's best interest provide you all the help necessary cause they want your tax money. The accountant usually charges you monthly, so in doubt you can always call them and ask anything you want.

>> No.4118712

>>4117362
You're right anon. The 2019 piece is good for a 17 year old. Not a 21 year old. the older one is fucking awful.

give up, you're not gonna make it.

>> No.4118723

>>4118712
pyw

>> No.4118863

>>4105880
classic david, absolute mad lad

>> No.4118878
File: 179 KB, 1024x485, 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4118712
>tfw you're sort of there except 10 years older

>> No.4118927

Was drawing studies from reference pictures, I'm alone in a office. Know problem customer comes in in the parking lot screaming at his wife and comes in threatening me, because his stuff got stolen. Once again I am alone. I am a woman at 5'7 and he is a 6'3 tall man. I called my manager who is off site to help, she wants me to call her when he comes back. I hate how cowardly I am. My therapist said once that the constant abuse I received as a child made me too nonconfrontational for my own good, I can't even stand up for myself. I'm shaking too badly to draw to finish drawing. I have no one to complain to.

>> No.4118935

>>4118927
Even if you have a problem with standing up for yourself, with all the people on the edge of sanity around these days you're doing good being non-confrontational with strangers. If you are a lone woman and an angry guy barges in and threatens you it's normal to be scared.

>> No.4119104
File: 53 KB, 355x274, 9304999a57704931ed0535df7dd02477bfc9debf1ab5f2b64be3fc855b521d93.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's not that hard to be a decent human being
yet people seem to find new ways to be shitty every single day

A new level of innovation, shittovation

>> No.4119122
File: 228 KB, 1023x759, 58FCA663FC194892B44C51655657C7D4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>consistently getting 80+% on all my Eng subjects
>can pilot a Cessna like I was born for it
>about to get my private pilot license
>but I can't draw a single decent piece after years of practice
Just fucking end me

Only reason I got this fucking license was because it's free and I avoid an electrical elective

>> No.4119141

threads like this restore my hope in this board

>> No.4119401
File: 156 KB, 495x400, gko7ifwxzrm31.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>surrounded by insanely good artists at work
>watch them easily paint some crazy shit
>try to do the same with what i learned from watching
>it looks like shit

>> No.4119402

>>4110566
>>4110572
>>4117149
Wait what the fuck? Not flossing leads to root canals?

>> No.4119410

>>4119402
yep, you get cavities between your teeth
your teeth look perfectly healthy until one day they hurt like a bitch and it turns out you have a tunnel going through all your molars

>> No.4119412

>>4119401
and they're 10 years younger than you

>> No.4119417

>>4119410
Shit, no need for that. Shame sugar tastes so good.

>> No.4119454

>>4118368
>>4118340
it also sets you up better to get a residence visa to a lot of counties. and you can send invoices through your business so if you do porn or any sketchy stuff your legal name doesn't have to be blatantly connected to it. besides that, if you ever decide you want a real job of some kind again, owner & operator: cumbrain llc sounds a lot better than autistic hikki who spent the past decade in borderline poverty drawing sexy cartoons for weirdos.

>> No.4119475

>>4119454
What kind of invoices are you talking about? You need all the seller data on the invoice, including your full name and address. Unless that's just in the EU?

>> No.4119493

>>4116920
I know it hurts but it's actually better to finish it to know where you fucked up and such, and then maybe never looking at it again unless for a redraw. You know what they said, "done is better than perfect"

>> No.4119547

A friend said they'd pay $12 for a full body drawing I did that I spent several hours on, and it was nfsw to boot. Fuck did that hurt my confidence, and I'm drowning in unpaid rent and debt so I need to open commissions soon.

One client from my day job kindly offered to pay $40 for a nsfw pic but I think he just wants to support me, which is generous, but I can't help but wonder where my skill lies in the eyes of others and what prices to begin with. I'm just scared, man. Terrified, actually.

>> No.4119550

>>4119547
pyw

>> No.4119560

>>4119550
I'm a /dad/dy so no, I don't want to get called out like this, that would be too embarrassing.

One anon called me low intermediate in a beg-pro rating thread a while back (but I'm really just a hack who doesn't know the fundamentals). That's just one subjective opinion in a sea of many, but maybe it'd help give a gist of an idea.

Also, is anybody else scared after making a really great drawing for their skill level, and then getting anxious that the bar is set to a point that will likely not be reached again for a while? I'm so anxious to let people down with my deliveries. >>4119493 anon is right about done being better than perfect but it always hurts when money is involved and you think you're doing a terrible job.

>> No.4119582
File: 22 KB, 600x600, 6D2FA579-ED97-4260-9ACA-5F9DF3AC2F54.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4119560
What is the point in complaining and feeling bad that people won't pay for your shit when your not willing to improve? Even though this is the Vent thread, it still the ARTWORK/CRITIQUE board and there are anons willing to help you out. Stop being a bitch and post your work and so we can help you. Its crazy how many people just sit here and wallow in their self pity and take their pent up frustration on any person brave enough to post their shit for all to see on 4chan of all places. Do you want to improve or do you want to be a weak bitch?

>> No.4119601

>>4107109
This so much. My request drawings that I don't particularly care about get tons of likes and RTs. The drawings that I cared about the most don't even hit 20 likes. Maybe I'll just close my Twitter afterall.

>> No.4119607
File: 325 KB, 2400x2400, 1568132162473.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4102879
>my followers list is now bigger than following list

>> No.4119612
File: 154 KB, 673x805, didnt notice the different eyelashes and it triggers me.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4119582
Well fuck, alright. Love you, d/ic/kanon.

This is the personal bar I'd mentioned in my previous post. Obviously it's a really simple pose and I'm hiding my weak spots, and it's not too interesting of a picture, but it stands out in the quality of my drawings. See https://dad.gallery/users/1111 to know what I mean.

It's my last submission because every drawing attempt since this has been half the quality and not worth showing anybody. I know I need to get over myself, and that it's always the customer's satisfaction that matters, not the provider's, so I'm just being an insecure faggot.

There are people below my skill level who sell their art and are so psyched to get money that they don't feel crippled by the pressure to deliver well. I wish I could relate.

>>4119607
Hey, it's kind of like a milestone. Feels good, man. Keep going, anon.

>> No.4119642
File: 191 KB, 780x557, 1515749231473.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4119612
Anon, I'm going to be honest with you. You have all the underlying foundations to be a great artist but you need to be more confident. Look up line weight first and foremost. If you read manga/comics, which I'm pretty sure you do, examine and study your favorite artist(s) and what makes the pieces pop the most. Go out your way to see if you can find what kind of sketches they do online. Try to replicate their line weight while putting your own spin on it, omitting and adding things you personally dislike/like. But also make sure to diversify what you read/look at so you can understand what works for other artist so you don't just become a carbon copy of [insert popular mangaka]. Doing this will help you build line confidence and make everything you do look much more dynamic. You already have a good handle of making figures look natural in a neutral positions.

Also STUDY FUCKING HANDS AND FEET. You can get away with hiding your weaknesses for only so long, so study the mechanics of hands, you kinda of have the basics down but its obvious you don't really know how to draw hands. Just have a folder of hands and feet in interesting and mundane positions when you have trouble. But much more importantly practice drawing the human body as a whole on a consistent basis.

The most important thing you can do is just draw. Always aim for drawing finished pieces and sketching some stuff every other day. I don't know your living situation, but take the time to sit down and doodle something for atleast and hour and then when your up for it, spending atleast 3 hours on (to be finished) pieces. I have your same problem where I get incredibly unhappy with things I'm aiming to finish and want to quit. But you have to power through and atleast get 70% done. That way you can examine what you need to improve on for the next time. Its the only way for you to grow as an artist.

I appreciate you actually nutting up and posting your work. I hope this helps anon.

>> No.4119645
File: 1.18 MB, 1024x1024, rainbow-fish-1024x1024.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4114882
The short version is having a lot of money to blow already and knowing the right publisher connections. If you don't have either, you're basically up a creek. It's not impossible, but success can be fleeting.

Though I hear that it's much easier to get published these days than it used to be just because there's so much less competition. Think about it, before the internet if you wanted your art to be seen by others you either had to get it published, take pics and show your friends, or be successful enough to get your pieces put into a gallery. Now people can just scan in their shit, hit submit, and let the attention flow in.
Actually getting picked is another story.

Customers generally blindly go with what's being shilled the most, but sometimes kids do end up making a book series unexpectedly popular.

>> No.4119650
File: 408 KB, 1329x2000, incaseart (god I wish that was my skill level).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4119642
Trust me, I appreciate it even more that you took the time to write out pointers. Thank you so much.

Capped and saved to remind myself to keep going, especially with hands and feet - I look forward to knowing how to make them as expressive as my faces can sometimes be but the learning curve is hard.. but we all have to get over it eventually.

>The most important thing you can do is just draw. Always aim for drawing finished pieces and sketching some stuff every other day.
This part especially needs to get drilled into my head, and many other anons, too. Again, thank you very much. I hope you're doing well getting over the hurdle of being unhappy with your own work, too. We're gmi, anon.

>> No.4119660
File: 1.43 MB, 386x286, 1360193381631.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4119650
I believe in you anon. We're all gmi.
>incase
Stop reading gay shit.

>> No.4119734

>>4119607
>tfw you follow 8 people

>> No.4119737

>>4119607
>my followers are 60% japanese

>> No.4119764
File: 81 KB, 600x536, Girls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>post something kind of bad, asking for tips how to fix it
>get tons of raging crabs telling me to hang myself, to quit art forever, etc.
>not a single person suggesting how i could improve it

>tell somebody kindly that they should learn how to gesture or learn construction
>they tell me to fuck off and start criticizing me
>get banned for non-constructive criticism

why are the janitors so based?

>> No.4119998

>>4119612
Are you taking commissions?

>> No.4120070

>>4119660
Just for you, anon. Just for you. Thanks again.

>>4119998
Most probably not at the quality you (You)'d me at, but thanks for your interest anyway.

>> No.4120461
File: 155 KB, 640x480, 1562727147608.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4119764
Some people just don't like to exist like others.

>> No.4120480

>>4102879
Shouldve fought him my g.

>> No.4120514

>>4104909
Abstract art my nigga

Fun and stress free. Focus on pleasing color palettes

>> No.4120691

>>4119764
/ic/ isn't a critique board, it's a shitpost board

>> No.4120823

>>4117362
Ignore the dumbass. its not great, but you've got /soul/ so keep working at it.

the rendering on the arm needs to be fixed really badly, but in general the aesthetic so far is charming and soft looking, which im personally a fan of.

keeping working anon, i believe in u

>> No.4120900
File: 434 KB, 256x200, d73.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

no matter what I post, I get people shitting all over my art. Theres people much worse than me that post on /ic/ but I always get negative attention rather than legitimate critique. I don't get it.

>> No.4120944
File: 235 KB, 1022x575, 1559961794456.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm starting to think I have a trauma.
Around two years ago I had a "friend" in college who would play online vidya with me. We spent many nights griding guns on Borderlands 2. Really fun times.
Then he asked me out one day. This is a guy I barely saw on campus and with whom I only talked with through in-game chats because neither of us had mics. I knew nothing about him other than he was fun to play games with, so I turned him down.
He then goes and says "But we've been playing games almost every day for two months, how are you not interested in me?". Needless to say I got really fucking mad at that and told him to just leave me alone, but of course he didn't.
For almost 6 months he would try to guilt trip me into becoming his girlfriend or else he would kill himself/quit college(he constantly alternated between these two options). In the end I was the one who quit school, and just because of this guy.
I've blocked him in every possible social network and even changed my phone number, since he managed to learn it from someone back at our college. And that's where my hypothetical trauma comes. I've completely stopped socializing, even with girls (though in high school a classmate who I considered a best friend came out to me as a lesbian AND asked me if I wanted to be her gf on the same evening. We never really got along again). Every guy I meet on the internet thinks I'm a guy too as I've taken to pretending to be a man online. So far it's really helped as I've never had to deal with clingy types like that guy from college again.
Is this some legit form of trauma? Being overwhemingly scared that people will always want more than you're willing to give? I honestly can't see myself making IRL friends again.

>> No.4120958

>>4120944
>got asked out by a guy
>dont know how to cut him off for being weird
>I HAVE PTSD

you have no clue what real trauma is

>> No.4120967

>>4120944
people are always going to want more than you're willing to give. these days people want to know exactly who you are, all your likes and dislikes, send you things in the mail, know where you live, see what you look like and meet up. You'll never have a deep, personal connection with someone and they may fade away from you given enough time because of this.
If this isn't something you want to happen or if you feel lonely, then you can't be afraid of putting yourself out there and reciprocate any interest others have in knowing you.

>> No.4120979

>don't know anybody in real life who does freelance art shit on the side like I do
>have to resort to asking my parents about legal stuff because I was raised by a helicopter mom who did everything for me and didn't let me really learn anything
>asked about accepting non-electronic payment for commissions from out of state
>get hit with a 45 minute long rant about how I need to stay cash only and if they can't pay it then don't do it
>some shit about tax evasion and the IRS even though I wrote down all that info for last tax season
>tells me I shouldn't accept anything other than cash until I have a business license
>she did my taxes for me and didn't include them
>if I try to go get a small business license there's a possibility I could go to jail for evasion because my mom refuses to let me do my own taxes
>but complains at tax time because she "has to do it all herself"
only halfway art related but holy shit I did not sign up for this, I just need money to fix my fucking car. Helicopter household is the most fucking underrated cancer

>> No.4120981

>>4120944
Yikes, one person is able to cause this kind of damage.

>> No.4121005

>>4120979
You must be 18 or older to post here

>> No.4121025

>>4120944
You sound like a baby, learn how to understand people intentions more. Also stop befriending people that act like bitches.

>> No.4121063

>>4121005
I'm 21 if that helps, but I know it doesn't. Times are tough.

>> No.4121077

>Try to actually learn anatomy
>Read a few books
>Have zero idea of what's going on in each book
>Try YouTube
>Everything in there it's just people talking with crappy mics and/or long videos where no one gets to the main point
I might as well just give up at this point

>> No.4121080

>>4121077
do copies. studying sculptures helped me a lot as well, especially auguste rodin's work

>> No.4121085

>>4121080
I seriously doubt copying would help me. I've been told I have to learn how the human body works (how it bends, what's inside it, how bones and muscles work, etc.)

>> No.4121131

>>4121085
Not with this defeatist attitude. Copying is the base, all old masters learned by copying a lot. I recommend with starting with simpler books like Loomis and Bridgman, then moving to Bammes and Vilppu's vids. It's pretty cool to know functions of every muscle but objectively, for art you need to understand functions of bigger, outer masses.

>> No.4121132

>>4121085
Ngmi

>> No.4121165

>>4121131
well said. solid form triumphs over 100% anatomical accuracy/ rendering ability - that's why bridgman's drawings carry so much weight despite being simplistic. not that you can't go for acute knowledge.. but it's definitely a step better taken down the line.

>> No.4121259
File: 74 KB, 503x648, 9781138919570.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4121077
I was in your boat for a while until I started reading this book and watching videos from Michael Hampton. Hampton's approach is very analytically minded, which is very handy for understanding the mechanics and structure of anatomy. Why things work a certain way, all the technicalities. For me however, I draw more "left-brained" and Matessi's book is about capturing anatomy from your gesture and rhythm. You'll get better at feeling out your anatomy and seeing the breakdown of each muscle meanwhile noticing each muscle has its own 'flow' and essence to it that will become easier to see in your gesture drawing.

>> No.4121341
File: 146 KB, 312x312, 1554061989306.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>draw something and apply flat shadows
>-it looks f-fine?
>now I'm just going to apply 10 fucking filters and ruin it haha
I can't stop doing it

>> No.4122630
File: 9 KB, 302x225, 1542272429691.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get a crit in a thread
>get ripped apart (no crab shit, but true honest critique)
>feel like complete shit, just want to scrap the picture and give up on it
>the fear that I have to go back and grind loomis, boxes, other boring shit
>know that I'll never truly have fun because I'm still so /beg/ that my journey requires me to mind-numbingly grind to get to a level where I can have fun
i just wanna fucking stop, but i don't want too.

i hate this so much. what do i do?

>> No.4122639
File: 15 KB, 300x300, 14895536.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>"Studies show that you should post your art on social media at THIS time."
>post my shit, get fucking nothing
Fuck these shitty studies, they NEVER fucking work for me.

>> No.4122658

I've been getting into streaming lately and have found that I end up drawing more. There is something about having a watchful eye on me at all times that makes me try a little more. And I don't care so much about gaining viewers (not for a long time) since getting an audience puts stress. It's a calming feeling in a way.

>> No.4123328

>>4121025
not that anon but the befriending thing is tricky.
people will act like bitches AFTER you befriend them, otherwise you wouldn't be friends in the first place.
>>4121085
if you're gonna copy, make sure you do so with legitimately good art/artists. my brother "learned" by copying popular deviantART artists and now his anatomy skills are trash.

>> No.4123379

I feel like I've complained about multiple things and the same stuff over the last year or so on these threads. Despite feeling old and still somewhat aimless in life I think I will try at art again. I always wonder why people waited until they where 30 to get their life in order. I always thought I had potential and be where I wanted to be by now. But then life and depression happens and when they happen they can hit hard. Spending years in a haze of depression feels like I might as well been in a coma. But I think I am finally getting better. And I've started drawing gain, I feel like I lost a lot of skill. But I'm not at complete lost I think. I just want to draw people's waifus and spooky monsters. Maybe get into the game industry like I always wanted but I think I'd be content with some side cash. I have notes and sketches of ideas for a projects I hope to bring to fruition.

>> No.4123403

I gave up everything to do this. I don't even want money, I just want an ounce of recognition. I just want to not be a complete fucking loser, I need this so I have one thing to cling to so I don't kill myself. Why can't I have it? I tried so fucking hard, why can't I do this one fucking thing I care so much right? Why are there people who do this on the side and succeed and I can't have it when I did it obsessively for so long? I don't want a job, I don't want to give up, I don't want to live as the guy that fills you up at the gas station. I want to die if that's what I am meant for. I don't want to be that guy, I always hated the thought of becoming that guy. All my life I've been humiliated, bullied, molested, I was always last in everything, I always thought one day I'll achieve something, one day, one day, and now this is it, this is what I wanted to achieve and I can't have it. It's the only thing I want. For fuck's sake, why can't I fucking have it.