[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 686 KB, 683x1025, 507.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3731578 No.3731578 [Reply] [Original]

>what is it about artists that they feel so entitled and more important than other people, even mutuals

particularly over twitter etc

>> No.3731582

>>3731578
Because we're actually doing something. Investing hours or even days to create something for people to inevitably look at for 30 seconds(I'm being generously) and say a one sentence response or nothing at all.

>> No.3731593

>>3731578
I'm just shy

>> No.3731598

>>3731578

The Dunning-Kruger effect.

>> No.3731602
File: 84 KB, 704x396, face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3731578
Why does she remind of fat boo?

>> No.3731609

>>3731582
Wait, are there people who draw because they want others to look at their art, and not just because it's fun?

>> No.3731631

>>3731602
Asian eyes
Chubby cheeks
Pink hair

>> No.3731633

>>3731582
>creating something for people

why?

>>3731609
this

>> No.3731634

>>3731609
Do you really think the old masters drew because they thought it was fun? Most of them were miserable.

>> No.3731638

>>3731593
you're a comfy anon, Op meant people who interact with those who only have more followers and stuff like that. Like fake friends I guess

>> No.3731649

>>3731634
I'm not talking about the old masters, I'm talking about people now. Anon implied that he and the people OP is talking about draw for the sake of showing a finished piece to other people, but I don't get that. Even if I could never show others my drawings, I would still draw, because drawing is fun.

>> No.3731662

>>3731634
Isn't this just a lame excuse for those who can't get over themselves, pretending like "this is the right way, the only way to true success.. r-right?" is some type of default twisted mindset one should have.

Frustration is the shadow of creation, it's up to you how you deal with it.
Grow sour and hate what you do, or liberate yourself, accept your flaws, your failing, work towards genuine improvement and don't forget why you started doing all this; the core of your passion- the love towards art.
Considering old masters.. those who weren't able to overcome themselves as human beings, were no masters at all, and their work sure reflected that.

>> No.3731674

>>3731609
>>3731633
You realize you can have multiple reasons for doing something right?

>> No.3731735

>>3731578
That’s not how you use greentext, you fucking newfag.

>> No.3731747
File: 1.04 MB, 1280x720, 1545046633846.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3731578
It's just the internet in general. Even clickbait youtubers feel entitled and like they're important because they have a lot of followers. It gets even worst with stuff like art because it requires a lot of skill.

>> No.3731754

>>3731582
>creating for the sake of showing to other people
You're never gonna make it

>> No.3731983

>>3731578
They do? Please explain why you believe this. Personally ive spent a lot of my life feeling worthless because of the time ive invested into illustrating. But thats just my inner introvert critisizing myself to the point of self loath. Where did you get that impression about artists?

>> No.3732610

>>3731649
You do "get that" you liar. Why wouldn't you want to show off the thing you drew? What are you some kind of spineless hack who despises your own works? Are you some kind of amatuer who has to cover their ass with fake indifference and even faker integrity because you know that what you made isn't worth showing anyone? Why are "artists" such spineless cowards? Your art should be embarassed to have been drawn by someone as pathetic as you. With all my heart, I pity your works.

>> No.3732612

because we are

>> No.3732619

becausen artists, musicians, creatives are better

non artists think its impressive that they know how to drive, how to cook, and how to have sex. artists have no trouble doing these things and know theyre not a big deal, all on top of being skilled

>> No.3732621

In my experience, theres a big difference between professional and amateur artists.
Amateur artists are pretentious dicks who think they're gods gift to earth.
People who pursue art professionally have spent a lot of time being poor and unemployed, and most of the ones ive met and worked with are pretty humble people. The ammount of time and dedication it takes to pursue art full time weeds out the shitters who arent very passionate about it. Plus, most of them realize that in order to be successful you need to look for, take, and accept criticism. Amateur artists will reject criticism whenever they can.

>> No.3732623

>>3731578
I don't really get this
I get feeling Superior to other artists who are worse off then you but I'm fully aware that spending 12 hours painting is no where near comparable to working 8 hours at a training job and tiny comparative to military service
I just like to paint pretty pictures

>> No.3732679

>>3732623
no but funny video games player youtube man said he used to do roofing in florida and found creative work to be harder

>> No.3732696

>>3731582
if they have such light appraisal of your work, is that their fault or yours?

>> No.3732927

>>3732610
Calm down and stop projecting so much. I just said that showing my drawings to others isn't my priority when I draw. I do post my finished drawings on twitter, but even if I couldn't show anyone I would still draw.
I draw because drawing is fun.
Why would anyone draw if they don't enjoy it?

>> No.3734695

>>3732621
yeah you do have a point anon. But how about those cali beg artists who have 15k+ followers on twitter and act all high nose royal and insulting? I just don't understand that mindset.. I always take time to answer questions or interact with somebody, doesn't matter if he has 20k more, or 20k less followers than me

>> No.3734899

>>3731582
Your life is not worth more than another person's life just because you draw. I hate artists that are in love with themselves and I partly blame drawthreads for all the creator worship that goes along with begging people for art. They get this retarded ego and warped sense of self. Once you leave your echo chamber, you realize that very few people actually care about you or what you draw besides maybe a few other artists. Honestly, I have little sympathy when an artist also complains about their life or how other people treat them and what they create. These people are lucky enough to actually have talent and skill to create something and many of them even make money doing this. They have no reason to complain. There are so many other people worst off than them that actually have zero talent who couldn't draw to save their own lives. If artists don't like dealing with assholes, then just find a different client or block everyone on social media. Artists aren't superior to people who aren't artists.

>> No.3735128
File: 122 KB, 1519x753, 5fac31d640947322.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3731578
because stupid people have perpetuated this idea that 'creative' people see the world differently to everyone else which a lot of 'creatives' eventually start to believe. Of course the way that art school fellates its students and congratulates every turd they curl out doesn't help. These people have been led led to believe that they're special their whole lives, that they have the ability to change the world. I think also with a lot of art being so superficial, theres an insecurity over the value of the actual work that they produce and so they spout their self perceived genius to enlighten the poor unimaginative plebs in an attempt to validate themselves as contributing members of society.

>> No.3735150 [DELETED] 

>>3731578

narcissists are drawn to fields that allow them to fellate themselves with monologues or long-winded explanations of their ideas

art, literature, philosophy, psychology, etc. all appeal to a loud, growing minority of disordered personalities

>> No.3735206

>>3734899
They don't have the right to complain about anything because people have it worse off but you're complaining about artists when you have it better than a lot of people in the world too? Okay, anyway. Art isn't a god given gift, it's a skill that requires years of dedication and hardwork to achieve. However, anyone can achieve it if they put in the time and effort. So you talking about people who "can't draw to save their life" could learn, but they won't. Because they don't want to. That's fine, they have other areas of interest, but don't act like we're all lucky just to be good at something. It's not luck, it's work. Like any other job or skill that people become proud of. Maybe some of these artist develop these complexes because there are people like you treating creative work like it's a fucking magic ability.

>> No.3735212

>>3731578
Stop making threads like this and projecting your own bad characteristics onto people you've never met you spastic retard

>> No.3735221

>>3731578
Who didn't follow you back on twitter or did not reply to your pm, anon?

>> No.3735326

>>3731634
The old masters created some of the most impressive skillfully crafted works in history.
In a time where you'd create these things for the church, or to fulfill some sense of purpose that you soul wanted to exercise.

That is not the same as anon's shitty and vapid instagram attention whoring.

>> No.3735397
File: 204 KB, 503x426, 1536881655900.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3731578
I have literal power of God, I can create and destroy worlds, twist and change them as I like, torture mortal souls with visions unachievable beauty and perfection beyond the possibilities of this mundane world.

>> No.3735412
File: 192 KB, 1519x753, creative people.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3735128

>> No.3735415

>>3735397
>t. delusional artfag

>> No.3735418
File: 18 KB, 307x309, 1533894804979.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3735415
Go eat shit you mortal bitch.

>> No.3736914

>>3735412
kek

>> No.3736979

>>3734899
Try going a month of your life without complaining. I'm pretty sure more than 1,000 people currently living have lives worse off than you.
Are you seriously saying you don't tell people about shitty situations you're in? Not even a friend?

I'm not saying you should go on social media and whine to your followers to fish for compliments, but to say someone has no right to complain, EVER, I don't agree.
If you're running late in the morning and spill coffee over yourself, wouldn't you be pissed?

>There are so many other people worst off than them that actually have zero talent who couldn't draw to save their own lives
I agree that artists are not superior to others, but you're looking at art skills like its a god given talent only the chosen few receive. If someone wants to learn how to draw, they have to suffer like we all did, and still do. If they don't want to put in the effort to learn how to draw & blame their lack of skill on some random excuse, whose fault is that? Mine? Should I show them sympathy?

>> No.3737078

>>3734899
>>3736979
desu artists -are- better than most people. Skilled ones anyway.

Being good at art is one of those things that indicates an ability to struggle for what you want. Like someone who lost 200lbs to be healthy is inherently a better and a more committed person than the fat fucks who sit around complaining that they can't lose weight, or the person who completes a PhD is better than someone who got an associates degree, or someone who becomes a trademaster is better than a guy who works construction.

Being able to commit yourself to something earnestly and not give up part way through is a sign of a superior person. Everyone who is halfway decent at art has that trait.

Ergo, they literally are just better than most people. Doesn't mean they can't be cocky dicks and you shouldn't tell them to stop being cocky dicks, but they're at least half right when they are cocky dicks. People are better than other people.

>> No.3737085

>>3737078
Also, I will add that while I don't necessarily think it makes artists more -important- people, it does make them more diligent than your average person, and thus more inclined to accomplishing things in general, be it personal milestones or anything else. I don't think they deserve special treatment but I do think they're 'better' objectively than your average person with no hobbies/skills.

>> No.3737135
File: 86 KB, 1280x720, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3731578
I don't believe most artists do feel that way. Yet when I ask myself why people like to shake my hand whenever I draw outside, I think most people find that artists compliment their productivity. Leisure is itself a duty - acquisition time. Leisure reproduces all of the constraints of productive time, and that is what other men respond to in artists. Hobbies are different, that can be viewed as production without meaning. Tourism is consumption without necessity. Art is not like that, it's not there to seduce with its surface but to construct an allusion or metaphor with the use of signs. Some Philosophers argue that people work largely in order to generate simulacra - signs and referents. In many respects Artists were the first Historians and Architects.

>> No.3737299

>>3735412
much better

>> No.3739633
File: 53 KB, 560x560, Simply.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqDZOekUDzE

>> No.3739636 [DELETED] 

Because i clocked over 10 thousand hours learning my craft, in the last 19 years. When it comes to art, I get a say and be entitled to be a good artist or a bad artist.

>> No.3739663

>>3731578
Tumblrites and entitled feminists

>> No.3739666

>>3731578

you seem to be quoting a general sentiment that people have that, quietly bothers you.

Because we inspire people's lives and create dream-like images for their minds to guide them through life. That's always the goal for me, even when I'm not being spooky or whatever. It makes you a kind of wizard, or witch, whose work, and services, should be treated with respect in the wider world.

myself, i gained the ability to probe people's minds to find out what they really mean, which, i mainly use to be a doctor. because, people who can't treat others appropriately, should just get out of life. that's why people are so snappy on 4chan, refuse people was recently guided onto planets for refuse.

id like to hang up "kayfabe" like my beloved nepeta says for longer than a few minutes at a time but the people watching wouldn't be happy about that

i hope people are comfortable with the multiverse by the way, i've been stabilizing it

>> No.3739673

>>3739666
you haven't been drinking your meds faggot

>> No.3740029

>>3731609
Look at this very fucking board. Much of depressed shits that just can't let go of making a masterpiece every time they put pen to paper.

>> No.3740057

>>3735412
10/10

>> No.3740063

Im a neet who studies fine art when im board. Thanks to the internet i can do that for free. Anyways, the more and more i learn, and the more i learn just how much time, study, effort, and money that actually goes into making a good painting and hardly anyone giving a shit has made me realize why van gogh went insane

>> No.3740087

>>3731609
Art is two things.
An expression of the innerself. And something meant to evoke emotion from an audience.
Now when you figure out that second one is really when you go super saiyan 2 as an artist.

The idea of beauty, aesthetics, what brings people pleasure. These have been philosophical questions in art for a long time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_(philosophy)

>> No.3740096

>>3737078
Just because Chuck Yeager is a good pilot it doesn't mean he's isn't a pompous windbag.