[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 164 KB, 564x809, b12362d999c8fd8ca0f34ff8cf4de24c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3582722 No.3582722 [Reply] [Original]

I'm sick and tired of other artists giving me the runaround when I ask for advice. It's like they're afraid that if they give out decent advice someone will get better than them. So i'm making an entire thread about the topic.

The question is, "How do you get very good at figure drawing from imagination with little to no reference?"

Now, obviously You need to study anatomy/do figure drawing regularly. It's also important to work extra hard on your weak points.

But for anyone who has been grinding away at those exercises, you know it's not enough. What actually works? What is your mindset? What do you focus on when you're studying?

>> No.3582726
File: 162 KB, 910x935, 1443969081484.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Michael Hampton is honestly Bro tier because his book is actually helpful. He actually offers an answer to this question, though not entirely with his figure construction method. But i don't plan on drawing skinless muscle people forever. What is the next step?

>> No.3582737

>>3582726
find a goal and work towards that.

>> No.3582739

>>3582737
I will bleed you dry

>> No.3582753
File: 768 KB, 3516x2753, 284. lilly shrug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3582722
>The question is, "How do you get very good at figure drawing from imagination with little to no reference?"
idk practice?

>> No.3582759

>>3582722
>I'm having a tantrum
one day you'll think back to this post and cringe. how about changing the way you draw regularly. Do you carry a pocket sketchbook wherever you go? do you attempt all ideas or dismiss them as too hard? because if you really kept on trying, you'd be seeing progress instead of whining on the internet

>> No.3582812

>>3582722
keep in mind that even the most experienced figure drawing artists like villpu will be working from references if he wants his work to look the best, from imagination you can get decent results if you memorize a basic, simplified structure of the body. Drawing from OP is most likely a sketch based on memory and looking up muscles references to get a satisfying result.
Finally, the more you do something the better you get at it, it's true for every skill in this world and the people you look up to most likely work this job 8 hours a day and have been doing so for decades

>> No.3582825

>>3582722
You can either learn the construction method and apply the groups of muscles on it or you have the skill to previsualize and draw what you have in your imagination.

You can grind for decades and learn to visualize but i assume you dont have that level of dedication. I can draw the head from any angle without any construction because thats simpler and i have practiced it a lot. When ever i get to the rest of the body i can only draw stiff pose even with construction.

The people who can draw from imagination with little effort know the anatomy but most importantly they are previsualizing the pose in their head. They can pretty much visualize the figure on the piece of paper. Its almost as if they are tracing the image they are projecting. That's what i do with the head. The form is so ingrained in my brain that i can visualize it already drawn on the paper.

So the people that excel much quicker are the once who can naturally visualize any image very clearly. Everyone can learn the names of the muscles but the ability to recall each form in diferent perspectives is a completely diferent skill.

When someone asked Kjg what percentage of the drawing he finishes in his head he said 100%. Since some of the scenes he draws are complicated it makes sense.

>> No.3582829

>>3582753
stop avatarfagging, asshole

>> No.3582844

>>3582722
What I find helpful is being proficient at mannequinizing the body more so than anatomy. I also redraw the poses so I can memorize them.

>> No.3582863
File: 36 KB, 700x560, First_angle_projection.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tantrum
I'm not expert of drawing but stop thinking about figure drawing. Think about fundamentals and simple things.
Right now try to draw coffee machine without any refs. You seen coffee machine but can you draw it?
Next try to draw coffee machine from reference. Very accurately. Constructing,
After hour or two draw coffee machine without reference. How it's looks compared to first try?
Now on the next day try to draw coffee machine without reference. How it's looks like? Can you draw it from different angle?
Draw coffee machine from different angles from reference.
After hour or two draw coffee machine without refs from fancy views. How it's looks like?
Try to draw on the next day. I hope you will understand the secret.

>> No.3582874
File: 2.28 MB, 3595x2909, 20. Happy Harold.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3582829
haha thanks me too

>> No.3582880

>>3582825
Lol, KJG said that "about 60%-70% is visualized, everything else comes from the moment" and that things need to look 60-70% "correct" for people not to notice mistakes.

>> No.3582905

>>3582880
He said 100% on this interview. @11min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8x4SaOjvI0&t=11m0s

>> No.3582910
File: 15 KB, 290x299, 1531912094007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3582880
>"lol"
Quit the melodramatic twitter words. There is nothing to lol about in that.

>> No.3582913

>>3582722
wuut ... so let me get it, you think because people who said to you
>You need to study anatomy/do figure drawing regularly. It's also important to work extra hard on your weak points.
their are not giving you advice?
that's pretty much it retard, even if someone tell you eat a banana after study maybe will not make the trick for ya
it's not like every master have this specific trick that when they learn it dont tell anyone cuz it's a tacit agreement

if you want to get better at ANYTHING you have to ask you "why"
so lets get to your exact question
>How do you get very good at figure drawing from imagination with little to no reference?

why i dont know how to make poses from imagination? well cuz you never draw it at first
so you have to train your mental gallery and draw that certain pose you want to do FROM a reference, cuz you will never know how something looks until you saw it
then
why if i actually draw the pose a lot and cannot make it work from imagination to paper?
maybe cuz you didn't study the reference basis
that's when artists make the ""trick""
you have to ask you why the leg looks like this? learn write and draw anatomy
why the leg looks so plane? learn, write and draw perspective
why it looks so stiff? learn write and draw gesture
its hard but even if someone here tells you draw boxes for a year and you'll make it, it's not like that, all the responses are the same responses they give every time someone like you ask that, cuz there is nothing else, every art book, every artist will tell you the same, what i think you dont want to hear
YOU have to put effort
you have to sit your ass and try to figure it out why, grab a book, grab your pencil and start
no one will give you the easy answer for you to chill

>> No.3582922

>>3582880
What he said was he only has to suggest 60%-70% of an object to be able to show what it is. But the 100% of the composition and drawing is visualized before.

>> No.3582923

>>3582722
>Profesional artists are keeping secreta from me because they don't tell me their get Google quick tricks.
>They just tell me to practice and study

>> No.3582925

>>3582923
Get good quick*
There. Fucking autocorrect.

>> No.3582931

>>3582913
People on IC are so young and so retarded they don't have enough life experience or brain power to understand how a skill is trained. This is why the "pro by 18" meme is retarded. 99% of IC can't even comprehend the basic idea of how studying from life then trying to figure out why it looks wrong is how everyone ever got better.

>>3582722
Lets face it. It's not that no one is telling you the right answer, it's that no one is telling you what you want to hear. You don't want to hear that it could take 2 - 3 years of drawing the figure a few hours each day to see some improvement. You don't want to hear you need to make hundreds of paintings before your technique will start to improve. You don't want to hear that getting "good" in 6 months to a year is impossible bullshit. You're lazy. You think art is a trick and there's some magical shortcut to make you better if only you knew the technique. If you can't comprehend the basic idea of studying every day to improve on your deficiencies you dont have enough intelligence to figure out all the other more complex shit needed to do this as a job.

IC spends so much time obsessed with the learning stage of art. I listen to a few podcasts of working, they don't even talk about studying or the learning aspect because it's a given people just figure that shit out. The business side of art is so much more complex than this simple shit. NGMI op.

>> No.3582935

>>3582923
>>3582923
Don't underestimate the humans' great capacity to find arguments that excuse and justify our own faults.
Admitting we're not working hard enough is just too painfull. Rather blame it on society.

>> No.3582936

>>3582913
you're literally stupid. This is all understood. What he's asking is what techniques do artists use to develop drawings from their imagination.

Like for example you can draw a single body part in rotation, then try to draw it from imagination/memory.

He's looking for more of these examples.

>> No.3582944

>>3582936
>Like for example you can draw a single body part in rotation, then try to draw it from imagination/memory.

So OP is so retarded that he doesn't understand how the general concept of studing and memorizing works. Got it.

>> No.3582953

>>3582936

and there is a simple answer, he already knows it, study and practice, but he thinks that is a "runaround", he is trying to escape the difficulties of put effort at something by thinking artists are too afraid to give this ancient technique that would make everyone a master in art by just claping their hands
and as I said eating a banana after study can make the trick for me, but thats something i figured it out by years of practicing and studying
if he thinks theres is something that no one is telling him, thats because he didn't take the time to read ALL the stuff out there

>> No.3582965

>>3582931
The businnes side of art is more complex than the thing itself

What the fuck are they putting in your cereal?

>> No.3582982

Why would anyone give you the secrets they've worked hard to learn? So you can learn it in a fraction of the time it took them and use the other time to get ahead of them? The world is a zero sum game, younger people with more time and resources are threatening to get ahead of you at every turn. The best course of action is always to keep them down with wrong or misleading advice while you try to keep your lead.

The less available a skill is, the more valuable it is.

>> No.3582985

>>3582931
>The business side of art is so much more complex than this simple shit.

Read your blog tier post the whole way to only realize you are a soul of contradiction at the last sentence

>> No.3583034
File: 155 KB, 400x505, 38d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3582722
>afraid that if they give out decent advice someone will get better than them
decent human beings know it's difficult to give advise to others when they don't even know what they're doing themselves. it's called being humble, jackass.

>> No.3583050

>>3582982
Kids today do indeed have more time. However they are all getting diagnosed with ADHD and short attention span. Many of them don't like hard work and hate losing thus the word "toxic" is thrown around when they don't get their way.

You could literally give a child today the perfect learning path and they would still not get ahead of you. This is why people like Mark Bar*ett can take advantage of these children with their "art schools" that promise A to Z education. It takes advantage of their MMORPG mindset of expectancy.

>> No.3583051

>>3583050
Hell kids today don't even know what an MMORPG is really like. What am I even saying?

>> No.3583056
File: 2.39 MB, 2772x2817, 191c. Poor (you).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3582982
>Why would anyone give you the secrets they've worked hard to learn?
I love how you dipshits treat beginner art like it's magic.
>So you can learn it in a fraction of the time it took them and use the other time to get ahead of them?
You should maybe go to a cognitive behavioral therapist or something. You got yourself a personality disorder.
>The world is a zero sum game
no it isn't. Not to mention that you're talking about fucking art production. It's making and giving value to nonfunctional trash.
>younger people with more time and resources are threatening to get ahead of you at every turn.
If you're fucking retarded maybe.
>The less available a skill is, the more valuable it is.
NGMI kiddo. Nobody likes malignant narcissism.

>> No.3583060
File: 18 KB, 378x349, images-7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3583050
>Kids today
Spoken like a true 30 year old boomer.

>> No.3583061

>>3582722
learn all the parts, how they fit together, how they operate, and just put it together in your brain. dead simple
just like you can draw a thousand tables without blinking, because you grasp the concept.

>> No.3583067

>>3583060
I'm 24.

>> No.3583070

>>3583067
But it does feel like i'm 30.

>> No.3583072

>>3582722
Good instruction is time intensive. It's strange for you to think you can monopolize their time, especially when they don't know if you'd be a receptive student.

>> No.3583077

>>3583056
>zero argument, full ad hominems
>whole post is practically NO NO NO WAHHH
Lmfao dumbass, everything there is fact. If there were 0 people able to do carpentry tomorrow, the wages of carpenters would skyrocket. There's a limit to disposable income and industry work, which means there's a limit on the amount of sustainable art, meaning there can only be so many people who make it.

I report art book uploads after I download what I need so they get taken down. Stay mad retard

>> No.3583078
File: 1.99 MB, 2630x3427, 88. Buscemi Lip Bite.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3583067
>>3583070
>le wrong generation

>> No.3583080

quality thread

>> No.3583117

>>3583078
I'm in the right generation, friendo. Too late to experience the 90s and too early to experience the death and destruction of civilization but just in the splikkty time to call you a fucking faggot.

>> No.3583128
File: 1.98 MB, 2802x3486, 26. Camicia Nera.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3583077
>zero argument, full ad hominems
well you weren't really making an argument in the first place. You were justifying your personality disorder.
>whole post is practically NO NO NO WAHHH
Contrary to what your politiks might have you believe, acting like a malignant reactionary protectionist faggot isn't actually a good way to conduct yourself. It's self-defeating and hyper-narcissistic. Anyone with this kind of mind cancer isn't going to worth a good goddamn at anything at all. And what you're projecting about yourself to everyone you ever interact with is "I'm a destructive untrustworthy loser."
>Lmfao dumbass, everything there is fact.
non. "The world" is not a zero-sum game. You choosing to be a zero-sum faggot is a fact tho.
>There's a limit to disposable income and industry work
And burning other people and acting like a malignant protectionist faggot guarantees that you don't get none of it.
>which means there's a limit on the amount of sustainable art
Not necessarily. And again, you're not even talking about making art, you're talking about how you delusionally think reeeeing or sabotaging anyone that asks about how you fucking draw anime tiddies or whatever will somehow increase your chances of "making it."
>Stay mad retard
I mean you're the one that's dealing with actual mental illness. I'm guessing you're probably a Trumpfag as well? You got a lot of underlying whataboutist justification for why you choose to be an uppity retard. Or are you not old enough to vote yet? What even are hormones amirite?

Either way you talk like a dipshit reactionary communist and you're doomed to fail. But the good thing is that you've already trained your mind to externalize your malignancy and blame the "zero-sum world" every time you spill soup on yourself. You're well prepped for being a loser. Nobody is ever really impressed by the le edgy virginal nigger bit. And sabotaging others doesn't make you better, it just makes you a faggot.

>> No.3583129

>>3582722
you don't actually understand figure drawing if you cant create a figure from your mind. The practice is completely useless if this is your reality.

>> No.3583130
File: 2.30 MB, 3024x4032, 22. Just Desserts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3583117
tldr

>> No.3583131

>>3582944
No, he's a beginner. Why would anyone who has never studied anatomy ever consider this technique. It wouldn't occur to a beginner to rotate it or draw it without looking. Most just look at drawings and copy them directly. People have to be informed because to the general public copying is all they know.

What an ignorantly retarded way to think.

>> No.3583134

>>3582722
>I'm sick and tired of other cyclists giving me the runaround when I ask for advice. It's like they're afraid that if they give out decent advice someone will get better than them. So i'm making an entire thread about the topic.
>The question is, "How do you get very good at cycling without a bike?"

>> No.3583136

>>3583128
>entire post is whiny name calling
>I'm a trumpfag
>I'm a communist
>I have a personality disorder
>from the retard with the wall of text that's 90% mad
>again failed to address any argument, the sum of the post is "NO NO NO"
L
M
A
O

Keep typing into the void chump, this shit ain't worth reading

>> No.3583138

>>3583077
>I report art book uploads after I download what I need so they get taken down. Stay mad retard

Cringe

Autist thinks he actually matters and that doing this will halt the competition. Good one, bud.

>> No.3583144

>>3583136
>>I have a personality disorder
Not him, but you do.

So does he. He wants attention so he keeps posting his paintings. He's clearly starved of it. But not to the degree that you are. You act as if the world revolves around you and that everyone is out to get you. Thinking reporting a torrent after downloading it will actually do something to harm your 'competition'.

You're more insignificant than you think, bud. You both need to grow up.

>> No.3583151

You people literally don't listen.
The question is "how do get good at x" Not "how to do x"

Share what works for you, what is your mindset. What do you focus on when studying.

>> No.3583152

>>3582726
isnt the hip of the female figure wrong on the construction drawing?

>> No.3583159
File: 122 KB, 500x500, j54j.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3583130
Mind if I patent your memes?

>> No.3583166
File: 2.44 MB, 4032x3024, 37. But Why Penguin?.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3583136
>entire post is whiny name calling
Why shouldn't people call a spade a spade?
>I'm a trumpfag
I was asking. Was I wrong?
>I'm a communist
le zero sum meme and your malignant destructive whataboutism are famously communistic traits. Why do you think it's ok to act like a retard AND get offended when someone asks if you're actually retarded?
>I have a personality disorder
You're demonstrating one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malignant_narcissism
>again failed to address any argument, the sum of the post is "NO NO NO"
You made no argument. It was a fallacy justification built on a false premise.

And my argument is that acting like a malignant destructive asshole that thinks that figure drawing or whatever is a magic trick and you need to sabotage all the other 12 year olds torrenting art books is only really going to backfire on you. It's ultimately self-defeating and purposeless masturbation behavior that is just conditioning and rewarding you when you think and behave like a sniveling cunt.

Is a no good 4 u

>> No.3583179
File: 2.28 MB, 2735x3518, 49. LaBeef.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3583144
>So does he
I've got some theories.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defeating_personality_disorder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder

And then there's the ADHD, obsessive compulsion, just a hint of tourettes, splash of PTSD, sprig of bipolar, shaken together with the delusional belief that I'm going to die. And a TON of malingering.

>> No.3583968

>>3582982
Nope. Cause the world needs WAY more good art. The problem is not many artists, it is unartistic and kitch general public. They pay fortunes for clothing but noone orders a fucking sculpt figure for his garden or some painted works for wall devoration. They buy printed cadres of abstract garbage and they like em.

>> No.3583973

>>3583179
you are not funny. nobody finds you funny. nobody will screenshot your retarded posts and make them go viral for "le ebin 4chan humor" this is cancer. you are cancer. youre the sort of person everyone irl wants to avoid because you think youre witty and smart, when youre actually just annoying.

>> No.3584037

>>3583973
this

>> No.3584058
File: 2.03 MB, 2754x3553, 252. clarke kek 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3583973
>you are not funny. nobody finds you funny.
wasn't a joke tho
>nobody will screenshot your retarded posts and make them go viral for "le ebin 4chan humor"
I'd hope not. This shit is embarrassing as fuck.
>this is cancer. you are cancer.
Yepyepyep.
> youre the sort of person everyone irl wants to avoid because you think youre witty and smart, when youre actually just annoying.
No I mostly think it's annoying. But the fun little secret is that you're the type of person that nobody respects or cares about in any meaningful way at all. You're going be continue to be exploited and abused for the rest of your life and there's nothing that you can do about that. Thanks for sharing your impotent feelings though. I'll continue absolutely not giving a wet shit about them but thanks!

>> No.3584073

>>3584058
ahahaha youre so angry, are you crying? are you crying on your shitty acrylic meme paintings? if you ever die and someone finds your rotten corpse after you killed yourself, gnawed at by your 5 cats and they see all of that shit in your room they will just go "yup thats definitely one of those schizo types" no one will miss you. go. kill yourself. at least then this board would have one (of many) shitters less.

>> No.3584079

>>3582722
I think the illustration schools are keeping their methods hidden, behind their thick paywalls. Why doesn’t anyone spills the beans already? What exactly happens in art center? I somehow doubt they’re all just studying Loomis

>> No.3584084

>>3584073
Jesus,you managed to make Illastrat look good, go sit in a corner and think about that, you fucking edgy fagget.

>> No.3584085
File: 1.39 MB, 2686x2655, 147. Clarke kek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584073
>ahahaha youre so angry,
are you projecting?
>are you crying?
No I'm watching Die Hard. Why would I be crying?
>are you crying on your shitty acrylic meme paintings?
No I'm laying with my cat watching Die Hard.
>if you ever die and someone finds your rotten corpse after you killed yourself, gnawed at by your 5 cats
2 cats.
> and they see all of that shit in your room they will just go "yup thats definitely one of those schizo types"
It's in the living room. There's no art or anything comfortable in muh bed room.
>no one will miss you.
Not my problem.
>kill yourself.
wanna race?
>At least then this board would have one (of many) shitters less.
Oh yeah bb. You're the vanguard of quality art or whatever I'm sure. Post your favorites Loli porn anon.

>> No.3584091

>>3583131
>Why would anyone who has never studied anatomy ever consider this technique.
Why? Because it's literally the same thing you did in elementary school when you studied for anything else.
>Wow, reading and then trying to remember what I read without looking at the book? What an amazing novel idea.

I don't know if you are a dunning krueger and that's what you are proping up obvious things as geniuine advise or if you think that begginers are really this retarded, but as most anons have said, OP already knows all of this, he is just looking for an easy answer because his mind can fathom the thought that other people actually put work into it.

>> No.3584092
File: 274 KB, 455x455, 45678765.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3582722
>you know it's not enough. What actually works?

Have a fucking imagination ffs. stop trying to get spoonfed bullshit. I get it, your autistic.
Didn't you guys ever want to draw loli ninjas flying on flaming toilets through the air or stupid shit like that?

OP pic wanted to draw a guy getting punched really hard. He had an idea for what he wanted it to look like, applied his fundies, and got something proximal to what he might have intended.

What the fuck else is there to teach? It's all gesture, perspective, observational drawing, and construction. muscles are specific blob shapes with specific proportions. People are specific shapes with proportions.

>but anon how the fuck do i learn anything specific

you LOOK with your goddamn EYES. It's not hard. Most newfags are so fucking retarded and can't find their ass with both hands. They are given literally every fucking spoon in the lexicon and use NONE of it. Of course everything you do is gonna look like shit if you're bad. Just get good.

>be newfag
>find artist I like
>look literally EVERYWHERE ELSE to figure out how to draw like them
>shit in own mouth
>cry
>refuse to study the artist
>refuse to read the books
>refuse to follow the lessons
>refuse to fix mistakes
>refuse to apply knowledge

Stop assuming art will just give you passive XP for sitting on your ass.
This isn't runescape. You have to learn to think as hard as you work.

You already know being smart doesn't make you good at art.
You already know being miindlessly grinding doesn't work.

Why the fuck are you making art? Get off my board. Now.

>> No.3584106

>>3584091
>Reading from a book to remember a word is the same as efficiently remembering intricate parts of human anatomy, especially when that method is shit

Stop. You're fucking lying to yourself if you think people inherently use this method instead of thinking copying wouldn't just improve their drawings. No one is thinking that much when trying to learn these things. People don't know what they don't know. It's why seemingly 'common sense' advice is good advice for a lot of them. They only copy without trying it without looking because it's the only fucking way they know how. Just because you know of this information doesn't mean everyone knows how to learn efficiently.

I wasn't taught how to study things properly. We were given a book and told to do problems in math. In history we just read until we remembered, which is the equivalent of a beginner copying something until he gets it. It's not a good way to practice, but it's common because too many aren't taught the proper way to approach learning. The only people who are probably aware are people who work hard and actually care about retaining information. So they go out of their way to learn techniques to improve their memory.

Get the fuck off of your high horse.

>> No.3584107
File: 1.89 MB, 236x224, 12341234765.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3583179
>>3584058
>>3584085
Friendly reminder that Jimmy AKA watchpaintdryTV has:

+ Created his own wikia page out of pure narcissism and thinks it makes him some sort of super ironic memelord http://watchpaintdrytv.wikia.com/wiki/WatchPaintDryTV_Wiki

+ Created his own subreddit because he thought people would flock towards his shitty paintings https://www.reddit.com/r/WatchPaintDryTV/

+Thinks he made it big because his portrait of Thor getting 2K updoots on the marvel subreddit

+ His response to someone earnestly asking if a painting was for sale was
>"Originals aren't really for sale yet because I'm doing a bit of a goof where I'm racing Van Gogh in total paintings completed in less time starting at the same age and with more bullets and explosions and and less fingers and stuff. I'm shooting for ~1000 paintings (idiot Van Gogh did ~900) in at most 10 years. This one is ~280 at 2 years in. And part of the self-defeating autism rules are that, like Van Gogh, essentially none of the originals can be sold until after I get shot in the chest."

+ Thinks hes famous because he has 2K IG followers, 1K Facebook & Twitter followers - all of which have truly awful engagement rates - and thinks this somehow means people love him

+ Delusionally thinks that he's tapped into super ironic hipster appeal

+ Has possibly the worst, lowest effort portfolio page I've ever seen at https://www.watchpaintdrytv.com/

+ Is trying to get famous on /ic/ of all places by derailing threads, getting into arguments and making every thread all about him.

He is quite possibly the most pathetic poster I've ever seen on here. It truly is astounding.

>> No.3584112
File: 1.99 MB, 2544x3209, 109. Evans kek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584107
>Created his own wikia page out of pure narcissism and thinks it makes him some sort of super ironic memelord http://watchpaintdrytv.wikia.com/wiki/WatchPaintDryTV_Wiki
what is problem?
>+Thinks he made it big because his portrait of Thor getting 2K updoots on the marvel subreddit
I mean I posted that to illustrate that there is easy audience interest in famous movie memes. I like how butthurt you are though.
> and thinks this somehow means people love him
Love has nothing to do with any of this. Are you undiagnosed or do you know what's wrong with you?
>+ Has possibly the worst, lowest effort portfolio page I've ever seen at https://www.watchpaintdrytv.com/
Yeah I can't be fucked. It's not a "portfolio page" I bought the website and have done nothing with it.
>+ Is trying to get famous on /ic/ of all places by derailing threads, getting into arguments and making every thread all about him.
From where I'm sitting it seems like you're making this thread about me huh.
>He is quite possibly the most pathetic poster I've ever seen on here. It truly is astounding.
And you're writing buttblasted essays about me. I may be pathetic, but you're legitimately triggered about me to the point where you're shilling for me in random threads out of spite. If I'm pathetic what does that make you?

>> No.3584117

>>3584112
>And you're writing buttblasted essays about me. I may be pathetic, but you're legitimately triggered about me to the point where you're shilling for me in random threads out of spite.

Not that I blame him. You're kinda obnoxious.

>> No.3584125
File: 2.11 MB, 2783x3536, 261. I beat the shit out of some kids today.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584117
Everyone here is obnoxious. It's a cancerous hivemind of virginal do-nothing perverts that are more often concerned with justifying to themselves why they don't do anything than actually helping each other improve.

Everyone is projecting all their bullshit at everyone else constantly. Got toxic woogie boogie niggers like this retard >>3583077 that are so delusionally malignant and retarded that they think reporting torrents for intro-to-drawing books will somehow improve their chances of success.

Why the fuck would I NOT want to be "obnoxious" to a bunch of sniveling self-destructive retards?

>> No.3584142

>>358412
That doesn't excuse it. I'm aware of the retard since I replied to him but you're not much better thinking being obnoxious back is the solution.
You're 'purposefully' being obnoxious in ways that don't only affect the people you're targeting in a childish attempt to 'get back' at them. Annoying the fuck out of neutral/indifferent bystanders like me and others here.

Be a man. You don't see me posting my art in every thread when I post so that people recognize me, so what's your goal other than attention-seeking masked as purposeful obnoxiousness, which is in itself as retarded as you're claiming the other person to be?
You're no better and I'd even put you into the category of these people because the board would be better off without each and every one of you who make the quality of this place worse to make yourselves feel better.

You're not pretending to be obnoxious/annoying. Just another excuse to gain attention while sitting back acting as if you've done nothing wrong when in every thread we have to see the same unfunny reaction images which are an annoyingly transparent attempt to get people to notice you. Just stop.

>> No.3584149
File: 1.30 MB, 320x213, 1501455227419.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584125
>I was only posting my mediocre paintings to get back at /ic/ for being obnoxious

>> No.3584155

>>3584125
>>3584142
Don't know how I replied to the wrong person.

>> No.3584162
File: 2.48 MB, 4032x2279, 255. you're locked in here with me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584142
>That doesn't excuse it.
Nobody needs excuses. Safe spacing is cancer. If you act like retarded faggot kids you'll always be treated like them.
> I'm aware of the retard since I replied to him but you're not much better thinking being obnoxious back is the solution.
Creating a false perception of support and tolerance for fundamentally faggot behavior is not what I get into. It's a behavioral conditioning thing maybe?
>You're 'purposefully' being obnoxious in ways that don't only affect the people you're targeting in a childish attempt to 'get back' at them. Annoying the fuck out of neutral/indifferent bystanders like me and others here.
Rules are rules. OP is a faggot. Thread was doomed from the get go. What's really being lost here? And nobody is making you choose to be "annoyed." Life is annoying. Deal with it nigger.
>Be a man.
Said the anon.
>You don't see me posting my art in every thread when I post so that people recognize me
Yeah you hide. Be a man.
>Just another excuse to gain attention while sitting back acting as if you've done nothing wrong
Who gives a shit about "done nothing wrong?" Nothing wrong with being an asshole to malignant idiots that are making their own life worse.
>annoyingly transparent attempt to get people to notice you
I'm generally more interested in them noticing what I'm saying.
>Just stop.
I mean. No?

>> No.3584164
File: 52 KB, 500x382, american-psycho-081.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3582722
>It's like they're afraid that if they give out decent advice someone will get better than them.
This is true unironically. Most art Youtubers are a psyop to slow down the progress of artist who could potentially become competitors. They give you legit advice, but it's just what works for them as actual professionals. This is so people less skilled than they are think "that guy is really good, i should follow his process so I can draw just as good". For example, yesterday I saw a schoolism video where some dude who works for disney shared how he draws heads at different angles. He barely used construction, and only drew a circle for the cranium and a triangle for the nose as construction. Obviously this works for him because he's a pro and he's got all the other shit in his head, but if I had seen that as a beginner, I would have fallen for it.

>> No.3584175

>>3584162
Grow the fuck up you whiny bitch. No one gives a shit if you're trying to get back at 4chan because they hurt your feefees or that they don't like your beg tier paintings. Go whine somewhere else about getting annoyed enough to post your shit paintings for attention while simultaneously shitting on an anon for getting triggered at you.

>Yeah you hide. Be a man.
I could. I just don't give a shit about getting attention on an anonymous board. You attention-starved, mediocre loser.

>> No.3584180
File: 2.56 MB, 480x480, 1522446217511.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584162
The manchild is having a fit.

>> No.3584182

>>3584125
>>3584112
>>3584162
>calls people "niggers" & "retarded faggots"
>publicly available identity & employment information found online via your willingly shared blogs in the social media thread
If you're going to be a racist asshole online, you'd think you'd try and stay at least a little bit anonymous, right?

>> No.3584183

>>3584162
>WAAAAAHHHHH 4CHAN IS MEAN TO ME SO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO ANNOY THEM BY POSTING MY SHIT PAINTINGS WITHOUT REPRUCUSSIONS
>>And nobody is making you choose to be "annoyed." Life is annoying. Deal with it nigger.
Is literally so triggered that he keeps posting his ugly paintings to 'get back' at 4chan like a 12 year old child. Yeah ok.

>> No.3584187

>>3584162
>>And nobody is making you choose to be "annoyed." Life is annoying. Deal with it nigger.

>He said after admitting he posts his horrifically ugly and unfunny meme paintings to be obnoxious in response to being triggered.

>> No.3584188
File: 2.00 MB, 3388x2684, 221. pffffft.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584175
>Grow the fuck up you whiny bitch.
Older and more mature than you are kiddo. You're arguing with a bot.
>No one gives a shit if you're trying to get back at 4chan
What the fuck does that mean? Nobody is "getting back at shit." Some retarded 16 year old feeding buttblasted (you)s isn't "4chan."

It's all about goofing with behavioral conditioning and the concept of automated response and stuff. Kids choose to project all kinds of anxiety and mental illness here for me to interact with and get a vibe for.
> because they hurt your feefees or that they don't like your beg tier paintings.
Do you have problems with reading comprehension?
>Go whine somewhere else about getting annoyed enough to post your shit paintings for attention while simultaneously shitting on an anon for getting triggered at you.
I'm not whining? Are you projecting?

Here's some free advice for you anon. You can't control what other people do. You can only control how you choose to respond. It isn't my problem if random kids have an emotional response to a shitposting meme bot.
>I could. I just don't give a shit about getting attention on an anonymous board.
But (you) clearly do. You just don't want people to know who they're paying attention to. Like a bitch.

>> No.3584193

>>3584188
Wasn't trying to control what you do. I don't give a shit if you post your shit paintings in every post. Do that. I was just saying your excuses meant nothing and that they're nothing but a manchild's way of handling things. Acting as if people give a shit about you and that them knowing who you are matters. Or that you're tough for being a fucking idiot displaying how much of an insecure, childish and whiny cunt you are.

If you let 4chan trigger you enough for you to make bullshit excuses about you being annoying, and then turning around and having a tantrum after I call you out, you're not as mature or macho as you think.
Imagine your toughness being determined by whether you post your identity on an anonymous board. Fucking delusional attention-hungry retard.

>> No.3584195
File: 1.44 MB, 2491x3145, 100. Roger Blackface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584180
calmer than you are my dude
>>3584182
>calls people "niggers" & "retarded faggots"
And cunts and doingusses and all kinds of things.
>publicly available identity & employment information found online via your willingly shared blogs in the social media thread
drop the bomb. exterminate them all.
>If you're going to be a racist asshole online
I'm not racist at all.
>you'd think you'd try and stay at least a little bit anonymous, right?
Nah. Fuck that. Bunch of impotent cowards giving meaning to words. If you want words like nigger and faggot to stop being tools for hate and destruction, they should go the way that other specific insult words have gone.

>> No.3584200

>>3584195
>calmer than you are my dude
Nice one bro XDDDDDDDDDDD
post another funni meme picture!

>> No.3584202

>>3584195
>Bunch of impotent cowards giving meaning to words.
>giving meaning to words
Words that you wouldn't be using if their meaning didn't mean what they mean.
God I'm glad I'm not a fucking retard.

>> No.3584207
File: 2.42 MB, 3688x2753, 257. me three.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584183
>WAAAAAHHHHH 4CHAN IS MEAN TO ME SO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO ANNOY THEM BY POSTING MY SHIT PAINTINGS WITHOUT REPRUCUSSIONS
No one was being mean to me. I hopped into the thread for arguing porpoises because of this autist >>3582982

I have no expectation for positive responses from anyone here. I openly argue and antagonize anons constantly. Even if they could appreciate my work they fucking hate me. Got a whole bunch of people that get super triggered by me and follow me around giving me (you)s because I said something mean to them at some point.

And you're choosing to be annoyed. And you're choosing to come to 4chan. If you want a heavily moderated safe space why are you come here?
>s literally so triggered that he keeps posting his ugly paintings to 'get back' at 4chan like a 12 year old child. Yeah ok.
It's funny because you're pretty clearly upset.

>> No.3584209

>>3584207
>It's funny because you're pretty clearly upset.
I'm not mad over 4chan being obnoxious to the point where I have to post my ugly paintings for attention like a 16 year old girl. You are.

>> No.3584214

>>3584188
>>3584195
>drop the bomb.
Okay. At your own request, I'm going to compile all your racist & bigoted bullshit and submit it to your past and current employers, and we'll see if they agree with you. I hope you enjoyed working as a production assistant Jimmy, and thanks for making yourself so easily identifiable - that's very righteous of you to stand up for your beliefs.

>> No.3584215
File: 2.31 MB, 2983x2862, 169. jizz in pants.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584187
>He said after admitting he posts his horrifically ugly and unfunny meme paintings to be obnoxious in response to being triggered.
I like all the samefagging lol. You're still struggling with the reading comprehension but I like how you lazer focus onto your delusion and lean into it. Imagine if you harnessed your autism internally instead of getting triggered by strangers and committing time and effort into justifying to yourself why you're allowed to be upset about them.

>> No.3584217
File: 112 KB, 1087x1080, 1501457202025.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584215
>Imagine if you harnessed your autism internally instead of getting triggered by strangers and committing time and effort into justifying to yourself why you're allowed to be upset about them.

But that's literally what you admitted to doing?

>> No.3584223
File: 1.76 MB, 3225x2539, 67. Toby Undone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584200
I clearly am tho. Relaxing with muh cat watching hbo and shitposting.
>>3584202
> Words that you wouldn't be using if their meaning didn't mean what they mean.
I'm not calling people a nigger because I think they're of African descent. I'm not calling people a faggot because I think they're sexually attracted to men.
>God I'm glad I'm not a fucking retard.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU CANT SAY THAT YOU CANT SAY THAT YOU CANT SAY THAT

>> No.3584230

>>3584223
>I'm not calling people a nigger because I think they're of African descent. I'm not calling people a faggot because I think they're sexually attracted to men.

Did I say that you dumb fuck? I said you're using it because of it's meaning being offensive. Can you not see a situation from more than your delusional view? Are you genuinely too fucking stupid to take context into mind without extrapolating an entirely different argument to not seem retarded?

>I clearly am tho. Relaxing with muh cat watching hbo and shitposting.

Looks like you're triggered because someone called you out for using a word that has an inherent and well-defined meaning. But you think you can make words mean what you want so you can get away with it without any consequences.
Couldn't give a shit less if you use the word. Your argument against what the guy was saying was just retarded.

>> No.3584231
File: 2.45 MB, 2760x3685, 196. kimnihilation.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584209
>I'm not mad over 4chan being obnoxious
I'm not mad over 4chan being obnoxious either though. Why do you think that one anon is "4chan?"
>You are.
I'm not though. Saying that the people here are "obnoxious" is a statement of fact. I'm not driven to spite it, I'm a reflection of it. If that's upsetting for you I'm sorry to hear that I guess?

>> No.3584233

>>3584231
I'm sorry to hear you need to post images in retaliation to an entire board because they hurt your feefees about your ugly art.

>> No.3584238
File: 1.27 MB, 2678x2673, 90. Self-Improvement.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584214
>At your own request, I'm going to compile all your racist & bigoted bullshit and submit it to your past and current employers
I am my current employer. And I'm making an art project about 4chan. I've written pretty extensively already about why I say words like nigger and faggot and cunt and retard and floozy doobus.

And why would my "past employers" care? For one thing, many of them were actually quite racist.
> hope you enjoyed working as a production assistant Jimmy,
I kind of did. Kind of also intentionally walked away from it all too though. And it's not like I was still doing much PA work anyway. Was getting into craft services and art department work mostly at the time that I became self-employed.
> that's very righteous of you to stand up for your beliefs.
Again. I'm dying. I don't care. You can spend hours going through the archives to edit together a compilation of me saying the meanie no-no words all you want. At the end it'll all just be time you're NOT spending improving yourself. Proving that I'm an asshole will never make you less of one ;D

>> No.3584240
File: 2.15 MB, 3503x2753, 165. Drinking bitter better drunk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584217
>But that's literally what you admitted to doing?
I harness this shit and make paintings about it. This is a painting series about (you). It's the peasant paintings. What's so hard to get here?

You're impotence and frustration and unironic mental illness is literally what these paintings are about.

>> No.3584243
File: 434 KB, 319x240, HW9Kn.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3582753
>>3583056
>>3583078
>>3583128
>>3583130
>>3583166
>>3583179
>>3584058
>>3584085
>>3584092
>>3584112
>>3584125
>>3584162
>>3584188
>>3584195
>>3584207
>>3584215
>>3584223
>>3584231
>>3584238
>>3584240

Mods need to permanently ban this dude forever

>> No.3584244
File: 46 KB, 861x677, 1506085364858.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584240
>Mental illness
Mentally sane people don't try to get back at an entire board of people for being obnoxious by sending their paintings every post they make in a pathetic attempt to be funny and annoying.

>> No.3584255

>>3584230
>Did I say that you dumb fuck?
Do I care? I don't even know who you are anon. If you want to feign outrage like a virtue signaling baby that's on (you).
>I said you're using it because of it's meaning being offensive.
uuuu
>Can you not see a situation from more than your delusional view?
I have an empathy disorder.
>Are you genuinely too fucking stupid to take context into mind without extrapolating an entirely different argument to not seem retarded?
A: You're not making an argument. You're being a tryhard faggot.
B: What "context?" Like historical and sociological and cultural or whatever? We talking about memes?
>Looks like you're triggered because someone called you out for using a word that has an inherent and well-defined meaning.
What word? I hopped into this thread and started an argument with the malignant narcissist anon. Since then it's just responding to (you)s. Idk what specific word we're supposed to be talking about?
>But you think you can make words mean what you want so you can get away with it without any consequences.
lol consequences. "Hey guys, this attention seeking weirdo keeps calling people niggers everyone look!"
>Couldn't give a shit less if you use the word.
Your essay suggests otherwise.
>Your argument against what the guy was saying was just retarded.
Everything you're doing is fucking retarded anon. Doesn't stop you. And you're probably just the original cunt being a samefag as some other anon anyways for all I care. Keep crying bitch nigga.

>> No.3584257
File: 785 KB, 4032x3022, 282. diesel bod 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584233
>I'm sorry to hear you need to post images in retaliation
I don't. I'm sorry to hear that you struggle with intellectual honesty and reading comprehension and stuff.

>> No.3584258
File: 1.00 MB, 2962x3695, 281. hila wineface2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584255
pic didn't work

>> No.3584262

>>3584255
>Do I care? I don't even know who you are anon. If you want to feign outrage like a virtue signaling baby that's on (you).
Stupid bitch I don't care if you care. I was pointing out the implication that I said something that I didn't. Your attempt at dismissing everything I say that you can't counter is so transparent.

>A: You're not making an argument. You're being a tryhard faggot.
>B: What "context?" Like historical and sociological and cultural or whatever? We talking about memes?

Yep, I'm arguing with a retard.

>lol consequences. "Hey guys, this attention seeking weirdo keeps calling people niggers everyone look!"
Hypothetical consequences you 2 dimensional faggot.

>Your essay suggests otherwise.
It's almost like I'm arguing your stupid fucking arguments against the guy and not about the use of the word itself.
As I said before, say it all you want, but your excuses are illiterate retard-tier

I can say for one that I'm not the original guy. Don't know where he went.

>> No.3584265

>>3584257
>I don't. I'm sorry to hear that you struggle with intellectual honesty and reading comprehension and stuff.
You said you post obnoxiously because people on 4chan 'deserve' it. As if you're actually doing anything of note except wasting our time in arguments.

>> No.3584269
File: 1.06 MB, 2926x3753, 276. vikander rly 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584244
>Mentally sane people don't try to get back at an entire board of people
Nobody is doing that. "Mentally sane" people don't create a strawman motivation for the person they're talking to and then repeat it over and over to convince themselves that what they repeated was what the other person said. But you do do this. Why you think that is anon?

Do you not have a diagnosis yet anon?

This is a painting series ABOUT 4chan. ABOUT anon. It has nothing to do "getting back at anyone." The fact that you read that speaks to YOUR UNAMBIGUOUS MALIGNANT NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER. You're demonstrating legitimate psychotic thought. Is this the torrent reporting kiddo?
>sending their paintings every post they make in a pathetic attempt to be funny and annoying.
Yeah it's much cooler to shitpost the same kid's show reaction images instead. Why you taking up an image slot with your kid show memes anon this is a BOARD FOR ART reeeeeee

>> No.3584277

>Yeah it's much cooler to shitpost the same kid's show reaction images instead.
Good one, bro. You got me with that completely not fictional situation where we compare me posting one image to you post literally 100s of ugly images in each of your replies.

Can i see more of those totally hip and funny mee mees that you made? XDDDD

>> No.3584279
File: 46 KB, 708x404, eyeroll.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584269
>Yeah it's much cooler to shitpost the same kid's show reaction images instead.
ikr i dont understand y the yungins dont use your funni and randum reaction images instead? They're just as funny, if not funnier!

>> No.3584283
File: 1.61 MB, 2718x2750, 110. Joker kek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584262
>Stupid bitch I don't care if you care.
YOU CANT SAY THAT YOU CANT SAY THAT YOU CANT SAY THAT
>I was pointing out the implication that I said something that I didn't.
Yeah you're whining because you chose to act like an uppity cunt but don't like the implication that you may actually be an uppity cunt.
>Your attempt at dismissing everything I say that you can't counter is so transparent.
You're not really saying much though. You're mostly just whining and virtue signaling and fabricating reasons to justify why you're so upset right now.
>Yep, I'm arguing with a retard.
No you are literally not making an argument. You're not "arguing" at all. You're being an idiot.
>Hypothetical consequences you 2 dimensional faggot.
Seemed like someone was making a real threat of actual consequences a second ago. What happened. Did your balls drop off?
>It's almost like I'm arguing your stupid fucking arguments against the guy and not about the use of the word itself.
idk what this means.
>As I said before, say it all you want, but your excuses are illiterate retard-tier
Not excuses really. It's literally part of this project. Can really make an art project about 4chan without addressing it.

>> No.3584284

>>3584283
k

>> No.3584287
File: 1.40 MB, 2564x2594, 148. wood.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584284
see how hard was that

>> No.3584288

>>3584287
Bye

>> No.3584291
File: 1.86 MB, 3371x2806, 54. Stop!.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584279
Can't read this gook gibberish. When all else fails I guess just pretend to be retarded.
>>3584288
Byeeee. Gonna go make a painting about (you) now. Thanks for the input! See you anons later when you start anonymously throwing shit at me in other random threads and junk.

>> No.3584295

>>3584291
>Can't read this gook gibberish. When all else fails I guess just pretend to be retarded.
You have autism. Do you know what social cues are? Is this why you're so inflinchingly cringy and try so hard?

>> No.3584298
File: 1.97 MB, 3710x1967, 50. Stop, Invincible Son.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584295
tldr kiddo

>> No.3584300

Good God what in the world is happening.

>> No.3584301

>>3584291
>Can't read this gook gibberish. When all else fails I guess just pretend to be retarded.
Yet here you are pretending to be retarded? It's quite blatantly a post making fun of you. Are you playing dumb to not get your feelings hurt?

>> No.3584303
File: 8 KB, 210x240, 1508324935895.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584298
>Ignores valid criticism when it's convenient
Like clockwork.

>> No.3584304

>>3584298
i don't know what this thread is about but if ur who I think u r then u've improved quite a bit and its good to see ur still doing ur thing

>> No.3584307

>>3584304
samefag

>> No.3584311

>>3584303
what is the valid criticism?

>> No.3584316

>>3584311
Like clockwork.

>> No.3584318

>>3584291
I wouldn't throw shit if you weren't such an obnoxious cunt. I was actually indifferent about you until you started being an ass.

>> No.3584320

>>3584316
How is this a valid criticism?

>> No.3584323
File: 1.28 MB, 2575x3148, 14. Happy Sadman Thumbsup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584311
here you gogh
>>3583973

>> No.3584324
File: 45 KB, 363x338, image0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584320
tl;dr bro
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>> No.3584326

>>3584324
so there wasn't one?

>> No.3584327

>>3584326
Whatever floats your boat, bro.

>> No.3584329

>>3582759
They are asking a very valid question and aren't throwing a tantrum, stop projecting with your cringe posts

>> No.3584335

>>3584327
How can someone ignore valid criticism is if you refuse to clarify what it is?

>> No.3584336

>>3584335
Akin to clockwork

>> No.3584339

>>3584336
wot

>> No.3584347

>>3584329
Thank you

>> No.3584348
File: 1.68 MB, 3210x2551, 78. Cringe Girl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584336
>>3584327
>>3584324
>>3584316
I'm actually interested too. Other than that I'm an annoying and retarded or whatever what was it you think was the "valid criticism" I'm rejecting or ignoring or whatever?

>> No.3584350

>>3584348
Sure, bud.

>> No.3584351
File: 2.38 MB, 2844x3595, 71. Dent Pfft.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584350
le ebin 4chan troll

>> No.3584352

>>3584351
Good one, bro. you got me. Now fuck off.

>> No.3584358
File: 1006 KB, 1872x2337, 126. Leo Eclipsed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584318
>I wouldn't throw shit if you weren't such an obnoxious cunt
I'm fine with (you) throwing shit. It's part of it.
>I was actually indifferent about you until you started being an ass.
And now you're incited towards action. You're spending part of a day thinking about something you'd otherwise be indifferent about. Welcome to the wacky and wild world of abusive psychological messaging strategy. It works well enough in politics, and as you demonstrate it clearly doesn't NOT work here either.

>> No.3584363
File: 110 KB, 685x1023, 1506568301750.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584358
Wow, you showed him. Bravo man, you're so clever and manipulative!

>> No.3584364
File: 1.66 MB, 2102x3961, 73. Goose Enjoying the Show.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584352
Sheeit brah I was gone before I realized we were still being le ebin 4chan trolls.

Here's my super valid criticism of your shitposting: It's not very good. You come off as an impotent hypersensitive faggot and you unintentionally demonstrate actual mental illness. You're easily baited. You act outraged in predictable, desirable ways. You're easily manipulated.

>> No.3584373
File: 1.87 MB, 3332x2764, 138. murray caddyshack face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584363
>Wow, you showed him.
I like how much you project your belligerent malignancy at strangers. Is it because you're only motivated by the idea that you need to "show up" people up or something?
>Bravo man, you're so clever and manipulative!
Thanks!

>> No.3584377
File: 1.75 MB, 3024x3024, 122. Ford heh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>reee stop ignoring all muh valid criticisms
>what is the valid criticism?
>psscht clockwork

>> No.3584395

>>3584243
Everyone need to just start reporting his posts as spam every time he posts his paintings in a new thread.

What's he's doing technically counts as spam posting now.

>> No.3584414
File: 196 KB, 282x309, football carry.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3582722
>It's like they're afraid that if they give out decent advice someone will get better than them.
Depends on who you're asking for advice. Anons will either feed you bullshit or write you a short novel of helpful tips.
If you're asking someone on twitter, they don't want to bore you or hurt your feelings- so they'll give you some short reply that doesnt step on any toes.

>> No.3584415
File: 1.58 MB, 3965x2011, 153. pop!.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584395
>What's he's doing technically counts as spam posting now.
No it isn't.

I'm responding and talking to people and happen to be using my own reaction images. People choose to get offended by the actual conversation and derail threads with weird personal attacks against someone that as a rule responds to antagonistic (you)s.

And like what the fuck are you faggots gatekeeping so belligerently about anyway? I came to this thread with the positive intention of helping an anon think critically about how their externalized malignant attitude will ultimately only hurt them.

And none of you assholes have an argument for that kind of toxic shit that you let ruin your sense of self, so instead you fucking reee about the fact that I post artwork on the artwork board when I'm talking to people about artistic production and learning and psychology and stuff.

>> No.3584418

>>3582722
>I'm sick and tired of other artists giving me the runaround when I ask for advice.
Experienced artists get approached by tons of spergy /beg/ tier artists all the time where the only advice you can really give them is to just practice because they have no fundamentals. Should be common courtesy to put in time and develop some thing worth critiquing before you start cold-approaching professionals. The pianist/composer Franz Liszt would say to his students 'I'm not here to wash your dirty linens' ie it's not his job as a teacher to correct their sloppy mistakes.

But there's no conspiracy by the pros to hoard all the art secrets, you're just probably haven't put in the work yet.

>> No.3584429

>>3582726
Hampton is shit tier.

>> No.3584453

>>3582722
https://youtu.be/aP7geXzJ864?t=221

>> No.3584524

>>3582829
Stop providing literally nothing to this board or this thread.

>> No.3584600

>>3584415
Let's be honest, you have a tendency to make every thread you post in about yourself. You're not "making your own reaction images", you're inserting your presence obtusely on an anonymous image board with the exact intent on turning eyes towards you. It's not exactly avatarfagging but the idea is the same.

If you're sincere about having honest discussion then stop posting your work in every thread you enter. It's that simple.

>> No.3584628
File: 2.34 MB, 3024x4032, 31. Frolic (gavrilo).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584600
I mean I post anonymously or with other reaction images too. I just think there's more value from the perception of continuity when someone is taking critique. You talk about "honesty" but look at the shit going on in this thread.

Anons specifically talking about how that they intentionally give people bad critique, report torrents (however you really do that), and all kinds of other disingenuous faggot shit just to try and spite other random kids. Why the fuck would you trust the people here that critique someone anonymously when that's the kind of userbase interacting here.

Like the dude I was fucking with oilier about how they're malignant and self-important. It wont matter what I do now, they're going to anonymously run into me in the future and create entirely unrelated reasons to justify being antagonistic. Never specifically mentioning any underlying beefs they're carrying into their "honest anonymous critique" or whatever bullshit. I have to be honest and consistent enough that LITERALLY EVERYTHING I EVER SAY has to be able to withstand butthurt shitposters going through the archives or holding me to what I said before and stuff.

And it's not like anyone said /ic/ needs to be hyper anonymous. There's only like 4 "traditional" artists here at all and they all eat the same shit for "making it about them" and being crazy and stuff. Like what's wrong with knowing the type of perspective and life experience from the people you're supposed to be taking critique from?

From my experience of what /ic/ was like in 2010 and earlier or when the fuck ever, there were a lot more trips and obvious posters, but that also was just more 4chan in general.

It kind of wasn't until reddit started circlejerking about screencapped greentexting and ANON and stuff that people started getting more and more antagonistic towards names and trips and avatars and shit. nothing wrong with differentiating who is talking afaigas.

>> No.3584647
File: 3.02 MB, 4128x3096, 20180830_053223.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3582722
I am starting from scratch learning to draw with my left, for medical reasons.

what I do is I look for refs with lots of defined abstract shapes, mechs for example, human bodies tend to have lots of form blending in, then I draw it.

thing to keep in mind is not to look at the refs after each drawn line, force yourself to memories as much as possible

I used to do that mistake for many years and you only learn how to copy from it, my theory is that imagination drawing = memory drawing, so that's what you have to focus on when practicing

>> No.3584650
File: 331 KB, 930x972, Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 6.49.44 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584647
HEY that's crazy I'm working on pic related as a left-hand only project.
>inb4 making everything about me

I agree with
>my theory is that imagination drawing = memory drawing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinesthetic_learning#Kinesthetic_memory
and there's a bunch of other stuff behind all that shit too.

>> No.3584669
File: 161 KB, 2250x1500, 01-large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584650
I hope you are not doing a grid drawing anon, because that's as bad as drawing line by line

if you isolate each abstract shape in it's own square you will only learn to copy abstract shapes, and not abstract shapes which can be a hand/ forearm/ muslce etc

the point of drawing from memory is to force you to focus on angles, proportions and where stuff connects. grids will fuck up all of that

other thing you could use as practice is fighting planes, lots of abstract shapes, but at the same time also very aerodynamic, so you don't turn out to draw only transformers shit

>> No.3584686
File: 836 KB, 3168x1008, get rekt ya doobus process.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584669
>I hope you are not doing a grid drawing anon, because that's as bad as drawing line by line
whole project is about an evolving style over time from computer to graphite transfer to grid to hand drawn to no under drawing.

Currently still in the grid phase for the next couple. Although I hop around and do hand drawn stuff too.

Everyone talks shit about using grids but so many anons are struggling with proportions and realism and then they've NEVER fuxed with grids at all.

>the point of drawing from memory is to force you to focus on angles, proportions and where stuff connects. grids will fuck up all of that
No they flipping don't. I agree that over-relying on them CAN be bad, but if you're trying to get better with framing and proportion and working in different sizes and removing eyeballing from the equation in painting, I'd say you should at least spend a lot of time learning with them.

It's a kind of cancerous idea that beginners spread among beginners that you either need to be able to perfectly eyeball everything constantly or there's no point in bothering. Like you all want to be downhill skiiers, but you don't know how to ski, and then flip out if anyone suggests you start with pizza fries.

>> No.3584721
File: 2.27 MB, 4032x3024, Problem, bozo?.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584686
>left handed
grids are so comfy
9/11 would recommend

>> No.3584790

>>3582722
When I was getting serious about drawing, the book "Figure Drawing Without a Model" by Ron Tiner really helped me. However, that was a time before the internet book sharing scene, so it's not like I had all the choice that is now there. Still, I ate up the book and I think I'm sometimes following the basic construction taught even these days.

>> No.3584980
File: 55 KB, 680x372, F44BCB8E-01EC-40E0-A4A5-BB947CD6AD6E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3584195

>> No.3585294

>>3584207
>me three
made me chuckle

>> No.3587913

>>3584238
At least I’ll be alive to shit on your grave when you die soon.

>> No.3590168

>>3582722
"how do you get very good at drawing cubes from imagination with little to no reference?" Essentially this. You don't need reference to draw a cube from any angle, you can just picture it in your mind right? You honestly don't need to focus on what muscle is doing what, just understanding how the shape works is enough. You pick up all the details gradually.

>> No.3592371

>>3584329
>i'm sick and tired
it's a tantrum

>> No.3592398

>grids
Oh nononono--- NO.....

>> No.3592431

>>3582722
just draw, dude

>> No.3592486

>>3584415
It's avatarfagging, which is against the rules.

>> No.3592491
File: 1.38 MB, 2865x3648, 131. They what now?.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3592486
posting reaction images isn't avatarfagging. Having conversations about art isn't spam.

What would you say you're contributing to the conversation when you act like a buttblasted faggot at people that post art in the art board?

Who hurt you anon?

>> No.3592492

>>3592491
>avatarfagging in 2016+2

>> No.3592531

It feels like every thread just devolves into Jimmy arguing with people. I don't like scrolling down threads and seeing that 3 out of 4 image replies are your god awful paintings. People don't get mad at you because you somehow challenge their perception of art, or because of the meme responses, It's because you're irritating. You flood threads with the same 20 or so shitty images, which devalue any advice you give because it clearly hasn't gotten you anywhere. Just fucking leave, you can have nothing of use to say here because your shit looks worse than most of beg, don't even reply to this with some shitty quip, just leave

>> No.3592826

>>3584243
what mods?

>> No.3593284
File: 2.05 MB, 3024x3024, dab on the h9trz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3592531
>It feels like every thread just devolves into Jimmy arguing with people.
Not any more I don't have to respond to every (you) now.
>I don't like scrolling down threads and seeing that 3 out of 4 image replies are your god awful paintings.
If you'll notice most of the times it happens is because of people whining at me and derailing threads to attack me instead of staying on topic or just ignoring.
>People don't get mad at you because you somehow challenge their perception of art, or because of the meme responses, It's because you're irritating.
Well yeah that was kind of the point.
> You flood threads with the same 20 or so shitty images
More than that.
> which devalue any advice you give because it clearly hasn't gotten you anywhere.
Again, empty ad hominem. I built an art project around exploring why we don't do things. Acting like I have no place to contribute in a conversation about art production because I knowingly make art "wrong" for effect isn't an argument.

If you want to self-censor that's your problem. Not to mention the irony of you dipshits having no problem taking cartoonishly bad advice from people that are unwilling to show their work ever. All the random kids drawing animu tiddies on their ipad reeeing about le fundamentals do so anonymously, and when confronted generally demonstrate that they're full of shit. But yeah they don't post art on the art board so you should clearly trust them.

>Just fucking leave
lol no. Cry more bitch ass nigga.
>you can have nothing of use to say here because your shit looks worse than most of beg,
she said anonymously.
>don't even reply to this with some shitty quip, just leave
Here's a shitty quip uuuu: You should kill your self. Nothing you do is ever going to matter. You aren't going to make anything. And you'll never be missed.

>> No.3593299
File: 2.62 MB, 4032x3024, french weather slut.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not to mention that this thread is cancer and always was cancer. The anons in this thread are a bunch of buttblasted niggardly malignant kids justifying how they think they'll improve when they hurt other people's ability to improve. Not really my problem that the only thing most of you are REALLY interested in doing here is arguing and bitching and giving yourselves excuses for why you suck and you don't do anything interesting.

This shit thread would have 404d by now had I not agitated all you uppity gnats.