[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 14 KB, 512x512, preview.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3322807 No.3322807 [Reply] [Original]

I've seen artists share this app lately, and I heard that it's sort of like Instagram but better? What are your thoughts, /ic/? Is it worth transferring or is it best if I make an account first then when it /actually/ takes off I can actually start using it?

Pros:
+no algorithms, its all chronological
+no ads and recommendations being shoved into your feed
+you can connect with people (you can categorize them as close friend/friend/acquaintance), so I guess in a sense you can show certain posts to certain people
+first 1m people gets to use it for free for a lifetime

Cons I found so far:
-gifs and videos don't work properly
-you pay annually(?) if you're not part of the 1m people who signed up first
-still on its first version so it would take time to improve
-people might jump ship and return to established social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. like what happened to other apps
-kinda buggy for a lot of people (but so far nothing buggy happened on my side)
-Terms of Service (I'm not 100% sure on this but someone said that you're granting vero royalty-free right to modify, reproduce Customer data, same with Twitter and Instagram)
-another app to add on your list of "posting art in social media", making it harder for some who manages too many social media accounts at once

>> No.3322832

People won't use a social media app that requires paying for it each year. It'll die.

I signed up anyway to check it out, i assume im part of the first 1m now?

>> No.3322843

>>3322807
>-you pay annually(?) if you're not part of the 1m people who signed up first
>-Terms of Service (I'm not 100% sure on this but someone said that you're granting vero royalty-free right to modify, reproduce Customer data, same with Twitter and Instagram)

It won't stand more than a month.

>> No.3322847

>>3322807
I was actually gonna make a thread about this anon, i don't really get the idea of the app or what it is about.

>you pay annually(?) if you're not part of the 1m people who signed up first

I guess if it's like whatsapp when the first year it's free and you only pay .99 cents per year it could stand a chance, if it's like 5 or 10 dollars forget about it.

>> No.3322863

Probably have to pay a small amount to avoid ads. Sucks but I might try for a year or so.

Also it's super slow to open for me, since it's so early I've been able to connect with a few big hitter artists luckily.

>> No.3322870

>>3322832
>People won't use a social media app that requires paying for it each year. It'll die.
I'm pretty sure it'll die eventually. But then since the app doesn't plan on pushing ads or sell your data, they prolly have no choice but to charge people since they sort of needed money to keep it alive.

>I signed up anyway to check it out, i assume im part of the first 1m now?
Yeah, I guess. The site stated that they'd ask newer users for the annual fees.

>>3322847
Same here. People pretty much flocked to Vero since people got tired of the ever changing algorithms of other social media apps. I don't think they disclosed the exact amount yet, but they did state the fee is small, but idk how small it is.

>>3322863
It's still on its early stages, anon. So I guess it would take time for the app to improve.

>> No.3322875

>>3322870
Nah I know it is in beta as of right now. They're probably scrambling to try and get an update out soon due to the really high traffic.

>> No.3322884

>>3322832
>>3322870

Every social media platform is gonna die at some point, some just faster than others. It pays to be an early adopter on whatever might be the next big thing, before everybody catches on

>> No.3322894

>requires phone nr to sign up

dropped

>> No.3322912

>>3322807
it will die
but let's hope it at least makes instagram change the fucking algorithm

>> No.3322940

>>3322807
If it gains any steam they'll get DDOS'd to fuck and/or slandered to fuck same as every other social media platform that's tried to replace one of the giants.

>> No.3323031

>>3322847
you pay nothing with whatsapp genius.. that was when the app first came out. After a year of major success, they made it completely free. You can't compete with similar apps who offer their content for free, also in this case, why use this app when there are many far more successful alternatives that are already well established, and completely free.

>> No.3323095

>>3322807
They already fucked up by launching something that's slow and crashes a lot.

>> No.3323150

>download now
>apple or android

So I can't sign up if I'm on a PC and use windows?

>> No.3323399

>>3322832
There's a lot of dating sites like that. people pay for anything just won't be as popular, which could be the problem , who wants your audience to be expert artists, not me

>> No.3323852
File: 34 KB, 499x501, 1510908278675.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ig account starting to gain momentum when suddenly this fucking fad appears out of nowhere

I genuinely wish this vevo thing ends after the it reaches its first million.

>> No.3323872

>>3322807

>they don't own the rights to vero.com

I can't take these fuckers seriously. Who the fuck thought this was acceptable?