[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 36 KB, 362x346, anime.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3298074 No.3298074 [Reply] [Original]

Like several times last year and right now I have a red, swollen elbow that hurts like hell, like I have to rest my elbow on a pillow to even be able to draw. Does anyone else have this? I only hear artist having problems with their wrist.

>> No.3298075

How do you draw in the first place? Like what exactly is your arm configuration?

>> No.3298083

Sounds like maybe bad posture but there is no getting around this. At work I have a gel pad like they have for keyboard wrists that I put my elbow on while painting.

>> No.3298194

>>3298074
is it a problem you have unrelated to drawing or does it only happen when you draw

>> No.3298198

I've never had this, it's probably a posture problem

the elbow goes up and down, your arm rotates laterally by the hinge at the shoulder but your elbow only goes up and down.

can you specify where on your elbow it hurts and what makes it hurt more? if the swelling is on the inside of your arm, it's probably still a wrist problem - alot of wrist muscles connect at the elbow. if it's on the elbow ball on the outside of the elbow I can only think it's caused by putting stress on it in an unnatural position

not a doctor, see a doctor

>> No.3298202

>>3298194
I only get it when draw for longer periods of time, When I take breaks from drawing it dooesn't occur. This shit is very annoying, beacause it takes at least a week until the pain is ok and another week until its completly gone.

>> No.3298252

>>3298074
'tennis elbow' or 'golfer's elbow'

there's no cure, just cold compress and non-inflammatory painkillers w potential physio

>> No.3298278 [DELETED] 

>>3298074
A lot of artists have similar problems, [spoiler]especially girls[/spoiler.] Aching wrists, elbows, fingers... Make sure you aren't gripping your tools too hard, use grip extenders, painkillers, eat right and exercise with perhaps moderate strength training (/fit/ can help), take days off occasionally, ice the painful area, and try to stay positive.

>> No.3298280

>>3298074
A lot of artists have similar problems, especially girls. Aching wrists, elbows, fingers... Make sure you aren't gripping your tools too hard, use grip extenders, painkillers, eat right and exercise with perhaps moderate strength training (/fit/ can help), take days off occasionally, ice the painful area, and try to stay positive.