Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 66 KB, 640x427, return-to-amish-107-08-640x427.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71122920 No.71122920 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

Why aren't we enjoying life more than amish people? All these technological stuff in our daily lifes is making our more insufficient and isolated than ever.

>> No.71122974

>>71122920
i'm enjoying not being inbred tbqh famalamam

>> No.71123012

>>71122974
I'd put a stick of butter in her bread, if you know what I mean.

>> No.71123043

>>71123012
i woudn't do that if i were you mate, those genes are comically shitty

>> No.71123051

uncle ted was right.

>> No.71123070

I enjoy not getting diseases

>> No.71123194

Technology it self is not evil but will be used for evil in almost every case by those in power looking to further extend their claws and increase their control of everything.

>> No.71123218

>>71123070
All disease is caused by sin, weakness or bad genes, all of which call for death.

>> No.71123294

>>71122920
>people who have traditional values, preserve the family unit, and share common lifestyles with others around them in homogeneous society find life more enjoyable than people living in the #metoo clown world
Yeah, must be technology's fault.

>> No.71123337

>>71122920
Amish are a meme. All technology before 1693 is okay but anything invented after that date is a sin. For fuck sake, if technology is evil then stop using fire.

If you think the Amish are happy, then you're dumber than they are.

>> No.71123341

>>71122920
well I mean you're assuming that Amish people enjoy life. Lack of technology doesn't preclude you from hating the situation you're in but feeling yourself powerless to change it.

>> No.71123350

>>71122920
>Why aren't we enjoying life more than amish people?
I am, why aren't you faggot?

>> No.71123425

>>71122920
Amish are actually shrewd business-people (enough to make a Jew blush.)
And they're fucking pricks to boot.
Not to be admired.

>> No.71123436

>>71123218
god tier bait have a (u)

>> No.71123444

Human beings surly are made look 24/7 at screens, swiping for a short dopamin kick.

>> No.71123447

>>71122920
That's not an amish guy though, he's shaved his beard which isn't permitted. Also, he's clearly waring a trillby (notice the bow). Also, the girl's dress is not an amish dress, she is showing too much cleavage (for amish), her ankles and knees etc., and it's made of more than one piece of cloth.

Pic related, this is an amish dress. Notice the long sleeves and the single color. Also notice how she is covering her hair.

OP is showing a picture of a man with a fedora hitting on a girl, they aren't amish.

>>71123043
See above.

>> No.71123468
File: 67 KB, 478x720, amish-dress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71123468

>>71123447
Forgot pic

>> No.71123497

>>71122920
ignorance is bliss

>> No.71123508
File: 13 KB, 650x650, 1552663720437.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71123508

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg
As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain I take a look at my wife and realize she's very plain.

>> No.71123531
File: 55 KB, 500x500, 92 - 2lfNg79.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71123531

>>71123468
Plastic pots?

>> No.71123536

>>71123508
what a coincidence, i'm listening to gangsta's paradise right now

>> No.71123541

>>71123294
>>71123070

>> No.71123561

>>71122920
Making our lives worse doesn't make it evil. Good things with good intentions can also lead to shit in the long run.

>> No.71123603

>>71123531
Amish are inconsistent as fuck. They often do what they call "rumspringa", which they abandon the amish way of life for weeks or even months, and just live like normal people, before returning. During this time, they tend to drink and party and fuck around. They are aware of their small gene pool too, so in some amish sects exomarriages are common practice (which basically means that normal people just decide to live as amish all of a sudden). That is, until they get bored and leave again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_among_the_Amish

>> No.71123621
File: 68 KB, 894x894, sanak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71123621

>>71123536
>i'm listening to gangsta's paradise right now

>> No.71123635

>>71123531
It's a misconception that amish shun technology entirely, many of them use electricity and modern tractors to plow fields etc.

>> No.71123642

>>71123621
There's also banksters paradise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5fuQnz1dY

>>71123603
Ain't gonna read all that shit in that link, but thanks for informing me. I wasn't aware. I want them to stay amish desu (from germany)

>> No.71123658

>>71123218
T.godpilled

>> No.71123663

>>71123337
What? They use power tools in their furniture pretty frequently. They're not nearly as caveman as you think brainlet, they just reject commodities

>> No.71123676

>>71123447
t.amishpilled

>> No.71123683

>>71123663
>>71123635
These

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70EXYc1WEHs

>> No.71123712

>>71123294
Atheist commies had strict, homogeneous societies that were miserable. Pagans were only capable of forming relatively small tribes and frequently engaged in warfare against neighbors that could have been cousins genetically. Strict traditionalism has nothing to do with it. Close to God = close to happiness, there are no alternatives

>> No.71123727

>>71123683
Not long until they start developing open source tractors and tractor firmware because of the (((JD))) tractors as a service scheme

>> No.71123732

>>71123712
The nordic countries, despite popular /pol/ memes, are very homogenous and are extremely secular, but still among the happiest on earth. Fuck your jew god.

>> No.71123737

>>71122920
Depends on how you use it. Government surveillance amd censorship like what China is doing is obviously bad but if we can ever get off our asses and master interplanetary travel humanity will be saved from certain death in the next few centuries.

>> No.71123769

>>71123051
Ted would not approve of the Amish community and their dependence on each other.

>> No.71123772

>>71122920
It has nothing to do with technology. Technology is a tool. Someone can pay you to use a shovel to dig a hole, or to take it up your ass. It is up to you to decide where your limits are

Or to figure out just exactly why you let assholes fuck up the society you live in to the extent that you no longer have that choice

>> No.71123774
File: 21 KB, 649x366, uncleted.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71123774

>>71122920
Ted predicted this.

>> No.71123799

Fuck you, depressed faggots. I enjoy life and all it has given me. You are only lazy fucks sitting at home playing with video games, instead of working hard with technology and using it to improve your lives.

>> No.71123853

>>71123799
Less work in life does not and can not fulfill you

>> No.71123881

>>71123772
Technology morphed into a culture. It's no longer about tools.

>> No.71123895

>>71123774
Based Unclde Ted poster

>> No.71123900

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been an absolute boon for 4channel shitposters.

>> No.71123941

>>71123712
I can't argue against the idea that if Catholicism was still running as strong as it was in the past we wouldn't have the crumbling societies we have today, but fuck you if you think being some Baptist shit and saying "YAY GOD" every fourth Sunday is all it takes. Religion is important because it enforces all of these staples of society, that doesn't mean that religion is useful without them, or that they're useless without religion.

>> No.71124016

>>71122920
The Amish have sacrificed efficiency in the name of simplistic living. We have chosen to maximize efficiency; it's that simple.

>> No.71124090
File: 18 KB, 601x338, dubb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71124090

yes it is, technology like literature "is guilty and should admit itself so.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XCnGuK8CVc

>> No.71124155

>>71122920
Bcs I want to put on a nice movie in 4k the background while a fuck my wife. After I am done I go online look at a few memes while she cleans up. For round two I load up on some lewd anecdotes from various boards. This is how I appear more sexually adventurous. My phone also contains everything there is to destroy my life. Information which I carefully compile and organize in folders.I trust my phone to maintain a record and analyze my darkest secrets. This is a special kind of relationship.

>> No.71124188
File: 104 KB, 801x800, 1497737146175.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71124188

>>71124155
good info, thanks for sharing

>> No.71124200

>>71122920
Yes, technology is evil. No it's not a tool and it doesn't depends how it's used or by the person/persons using it, it's in fact evil and nothing can change that.
Now end yourself or at least never come back.

>> No.71124235

>>71124200
u salty bro

>> No.71124271
File: 2.93 MB, 1282x540, Sand Mandala.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71124271

Everyday I feel like I'm 1 moment away from commiting to a silent monk order in an isolated mountain somewhere. I know it's a better life than I could ever have here. It's probably going to become my reality.

>> No.71124296

>>71123799
Your imbalance is obvious. You need to learn more about yourself and the world.

>> No.71124332

cat -v BTFO

>> No.71124334

>>71123012
You mean you'd fuck that guy in the ass?

>> No.71124397

>>71124296
>>71123853
>y-y-y-you're not allowed to feel happy
As I said, fuck you, you depressed faggots.

>> No.71124426

>>71124397
You're misconstruing what I said to avoid the problem. Obviously, that's not what I said or even implied. I suggest you find out why you feel inclined to be 1 of 2 extremes rather than your natural inclination. It's not good to be promoting your way of thinking when it's obviously you're not sure about it.

>> No.71124457

>>71124426
What fucking problem? You are implying that I am in some sort of imbalance simply because I feel happy and not depressed. You know what, fuck you. It's not my problem you are an unhappy little shit, and you're incredibly narrow-minded to believe that the natural state is being unhappy.

>> No.71124458

>>71123799
>Fuck you, depressed faggots.
Immediate hostility and hasty conclusion.
>I enjoy life and all it has given me.
Insecurity / self convincing when not pressed
>You are only lazy fucks sitting at home playing with video games
Baseless assumptions that are likely projections.
>instead of working hard with technology and using it to improve your lives.
Self validation

Sorry for you.

>> No.71124467

>>71124458
Wow, thank you mr armchair psychologist.

>> No.71124469

>>71124457
>jumping to the same conclusion for no obvious reason
Who are you trying to convince, us or you?

>> No.71124490

>>71124469
Apparently you can't fucking read. I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm telling you to fuck off. Your depression is obvious by the way.

>> No.71124492

>>71124467
>deflection

>> No.71124506
File: 308 KB, 510x525, tengenSama.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71124506

>>71122920
Constant access to the internet really stifles your own development. I recommend anons to limit their internet time - turn off your router when you get home except for a set number of hours.

>> No.71124507

>>71124492
>>71124458
>buzzword and baseless conclusions using meme arrows

>> No.71124511

>>71124490
>I'm not trying to convince anyone
>Your depression
Contradictory and backing of projection.

>> No.71124528

>>71124511
Are you dense or something? I'm not trying to convince you that you are depressed, I'm just stating my own observations. I mean, you lashed out in anger when I told you I was feeling happy, am I not allowed to draw my own conclusions from that? What a pretentious fuck you are.

>> No.71124539

>>71124507
My basis is highlighted in the quoted ("meme arrows") text. If it's not the case I don't know why you're being so defensive, desperate trying to convince with such haste and absurd remarks. Even while anonymous.

>> No.71124556

>>71124539
You're reading a lot into my posts there, anon. Some might say you were desperately projecting. I'm simply telling you you are a fucking faggot. Welcome to 4chan, that's what we do.

>> No.71124572

>>71124528
Your "observation" doesn't reflect reality.
>lashed out in anger
Please point out where this happened. Now you're just making things up despite the fact it's all public history. Actual minutes ago.

>>71124556
>backpedal
Come on now. You have no reason to be dishonest here, you're anonymous.

>> No.71124577
File: 204 KB, 341x200, laugh-lohan.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71124577

>>71124539
I find it deliciously self contradictory that you are trying to convince him that he is trying to convince you.

>> No.71124591

>>71124572
I rest my case, you are clearly seething right now. Calm down, anon. There's no need to get upset from someone random stranger on the internet.

>> No.71124599

>>71124577
I'm mostly just curious. It's less trying to convince and more inquiries masked as assumptions. I'm not trying to be deceptive about it.
I mean look at this and come to your own conclusion >>71124591

>> No.71124615

>>71124599
>inquiries masked as assumptions
No, it's just assumptions. Calm down anon, I can hear you furiously typing on your keyboard right now.

>> No.71124624

>>71124615
I rest my case.

>> No.71124635

>>71124599
Wow, aggro much?

>> No.71124638

>>71124591

no need to get upset anon

>> No.71124650

>>71124591
>didn't point out where it happened
LIES AND DECEPTION

>> No.71124658

>>71124624
Can't do any better than to outright copy me? lol, what a lame comeback. I would think you could do better than that, but you're obviously slamming your keyboard right now in anger lol.

>> No.71124675

>>71124650
>writes in all caps to prove that he isn't upset
kek
Calm the fuck down anon.

>> No.71124690

>>71124458
Based Sherlock.

>> No.71124713

>>71123799
This. Y'all a bunch of miserable fucks. Stop being lazy and blame technology.

>> No.71124716

>>71124658
The benefit is lost on you in this moment. I don't think the targets of your hostility deserve the "advice" you give them. In a truly ironic fashion you mistake my words as anger. You are telling them to fuck off, and I am telling it to you. No anger involved, just compassion. I have no need to do better as people have already replied in a manner that displays to me they understood it.
These posts are not for you, but for your targets. They must see why you are not fit to give "advice".

>> No.71124741

>>71124658
>lol
>obviously
>lol,
kill yourself.

>> No.71124754
File: 1021 KB, 375x212, angry-dooting.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71124754

>>71124716
I haven't tried to give any advice, you are just reading way too much into my posts. You are clearly seething, the very notion that someone could feel happy about the technology is upsetting to you and you are projecting and inventing a bunch of reasons in your mind, such as I might not understand technology, or I might be of inferior intellect and all sorts of bullshit. But lets face it, you're just jealous. You're jealous of me. You are feeling hopeless and that your life isn't on track, and you're taking it out on me, an anonymous stranger on the internet.

Just calm down, anon. It's going to be okay. Sshh no more tears now.

>> No.71124790

>>71124754
>you are just reading way too much into my posts
>You are clearly seething
>technology is upsetting to you
>you are projecting and inventing
Thanks for continuing to tell me what I think instead of quoting what I've actually said like I have done in fairness to you.

You damn yourself. Dealing in extreme false dichotomies. Either a master or a fool, happy or depressed, there may be no middle ground or balance. You are immature yet. And your posts bloat with more and more self convincing. Sorry for you.

>> No.71124792
File: 70 KB, 431x450, ok-kid1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71124792

>>71124716
>"stop being lazy and work hard" is unfit advice

>> No.71124807

>>71124790
>Thanks for continuing to tell me what I think
You mean like you did in >>71124458
?
Cool story bro.

>> No.71124865

>>71124807
The difference is you actually said that. How is that not obvious?
If it's not the case you can and have been debating it. What on my end is there besides what you assume without actual foundation? Where are the words of mine that imply what you think? I've asked you to highlight them and you don't.
Simple as that.

>>71124792
Are you implying it's good advice? I would argue a good life is one that isn't hard, but the overarching point is that it's highly subjective. Hence "imbalance".
This person thinks that the path to happiness is hard work, and maybe it is for them, but that's not good advice. Is that not obvious?

>> No.71124888
File: 419 KB, 1280x720, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71124888

>>71124792
>>71124865

>> No.71124919

>>71124865
The difference is that you are
>implying
the underlying reasons as much as I have been, and when getting a taste of your own medicine you sperged completely out. The hypocrisy is simply astonishing, and you failing to see the irony is just fucking hilaroious.

>Are you implying it's good advice?
Yes

>This person thinks that the path to happiness is hard work, and maybe it is for them, but that's not good advice
Way to miss the point, faggot. Again, you didn't even manage to read my post because you are one stupid fuck and were too busy with being angry and be an armchair psychologist and make assumptions about my reasons.

The path to happiness is taking control over your own life instead of blaming technology and posting shit about wanting to ditch technology and be amish on /g/. The irony you are also not seeing here is that the amish work hard as fuck, because they do not believe in using technology to give themselves comfort. They believe the path to happiness IS to work hard in the fields.

>> No.71124958

>>71124919
>faggot
Stopped reading here. As if this remark wasn't bad enough
>>71124754
>Just calm down, anon. It's going to be okay. Sshh no more tears now.

The way your posts read make it painfully obvious that you're not taking this seriously and are trying desperately to maintain some kind of face, which is especially bad while anonymous. You're trying to argue, not discuss. I'm going to go do something more productive. The use has been extracted from us already. It is for the people to reflect on now.

>> No.71124973

>>71124958
If you can't handle being called a faggot on 4chan, you are in the wrong place.
>>>/reddit/

>> No.71124984

>>71124973
Oh the irony.

>> No.71124987
File: 141 KB, 782x960, 1457332366450.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71124987

>>71124865
>>71124807
Rational, intelligent people with self-awareness and other admirable qualities wouldn't be arguing online. You two are great examples of the type of person I don't want to be. Grow the fuck up.

>> No.71125003
File: 41 KB, 498x441, where-do-you-think-we-are2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71125003

>>71124958
>The way your posts read make it painfully obvious that you're not taking this seriously
Of course I'm not taking this serious. You are aware this is 4chins, right? An off-topic thread on /g/.

>> No.71125029

>>71124987
Rational, intelligent people with self-awareness wouldn't be posting on 4chan.

>> No.71125043
File: 3.64 MB, 2345x1944, Roman_Forum_(3334680086).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71125043

>>71124987
>Rational, intelligent people with self-awareness and other admirable qualities wouldn't be arguing online
Why not?
In every culture in all of history, discussion and exchange of information has been pretty important and valuable. A digital global forum is more useful than a local offline one imo.
Exercise of this kind is valuable to the self as well.

People here have done so for me, why not give that patience and experience back? Because some people feel like 4chan is a toilet to shit in? Sorry, I disagree.

>> No.71125068

>>71125043
>Because some people feel like 4chan is a toilet to shit in?
But I read on Reddit that...!

>> No.71125542

>global surveillance
>global heating
Bad things, but is technology the evil or just people doing evil things with it?

>> No.71125607
File: 50 KB, 490x586, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71125607

>>71122920
>not becoming a luddite because all your "loved ones" (NPCs) are stuck in the botnet

>> No.71125675

Yes it is. Ever since the agricultural revolution, every technological "progress" has had a negative effect long term. For instance, the development of nuclear weaponry. The invention of the automobile forces city planners to build land around cars and not the pedestrian. The invention of mass production killed fair competition for people who are not bourgeois. The television took us away from the wider world and kept us in a bubble only to advertise constantly to us and encourage greed and materialism. Everyone but the Amish are obsessed with technological progress at the cost of the people. Technology right now is not being used to serve humanity, it is being developed at the cost ov humanity. They don't care about the people who need work, they care about costs and expenses. The idea of working together to survive is disappearing in favour of the economy. None of this technology is needed, all it does is make us depend on more things and drive us away from what we evolved for. When we stick with a certain way ov living for a really long time, we will eventually learn to live with it since everything has alreddy been figured out. Technological progress says no to that putting us in a world of constant change and uncertainty. Why should we progress? No new technology will fundamentally change man itself.

>> No.71125722

Name one good technology since paper was invented and I'll tell you why we don't need it.

>> No.71125772

>>71125675
>>71125722

>Name one good technology since paper was invented and I'll tell you why we don't need it.

the printing press, or wait are you gonna explain to me now how people don't need to use their brains and it is all useless? I almost said new medicine but you'd say that only weak people need those and should die as usual amongst anprims

also no one ever mentions the good aspects of technology or most importantly - that high tech will get us off this planet and ensure our genetic longevity in many-millenia so in effect technology is a product and stepping stone of evolution - checkmate anprims

>> No.71125858 [DELETED] 

>>71125772
>Printing press
What did it change? What God came from it?

>> No.71125918

>>71125858
I'm not sure if you are joking, but I'll answer sincerely: It made copying books easy and trivial. In the past, it was done by hand, which meant that there weren't many books around and the books that existed were typically in the hands of clergy and in libraries and collections. The printing press changed the game, suddenly reading was no longer a privilege for the few, but something available to even the common man.

>> No.71125924

>>71125772
>The printing press
What good came from it?

>> No.71125934

>>71125722
Glass. Made it possible to make windows, glasses, telescopes, magnifying glass etc.

>> No.71125955

>>71125924
See >>71125918
It's also ironic that your initial post said "what God came from it", seeing that it was originally invented to copy Bibles. That's why I thought you were joking.

>> No.71125965
File: 40 KB, 600x532, chadandbetalaughing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71125965

>>71125772
>also no one ever mentions the good aspects of technology or most importantly - that high tech will get us off this planet and ensure our genetic longevity in many-millenia so in effect technology is a product and stepping stone of evolution - checkmate anprims
How retarded do you have to be to believe this shit? industrial society won't even make it to the end of the century.

>> No.71125994

>>71125965
Why do stupid people glorify pre-industrial age? Are they too dumb to realise the extent of the comforts and increased living conditions that came with industrialisation? Or are they just underaged edgelords that recently discovered Ted's manifesto and want to be part of the cool kids club? Genuinely interested.

>> No.71126009

>>71125924
it allowed easy spreading of news, ideas and knowledge and thus encouraged widespread literacy which is good for mental health and problem-solving (since reading is a complex task which leads to brain restructuring over time)

>> No.71126055

>>71125965
please share with us your oracle powers, surely you can predict the fall of civilization with utmost accuracy

I'll say something better, even if you're right and this civilization falls, another will rise in its place as it always had done before until it perfects itself and we'll get off this planet - we already have, only the challenge of sustaining colonies remains; even if it's "impossible" you have to admit that going back to the anprim utopia of cavemen will result in our death in millenia if anything happens to this planet - thus it makes sense to get off of this planet ASAP and spread far which requires large-scale cooperation

>> No.71126071

also to anyone saying technology is "evil" - I'd like to remind you that morality is a social construct and doesn't exist, it is just a rhetorical method to appeal to emotions - thus it doesn't actually matter what we do

>> No.71126074

>>71123337
>Amish are a meme.
They're a rapidly reproducing meme. Enjoy your cats and body pillows.

>> No.71126087 [DELETED] 

>>71126071
Morality is from God, you pathetic lying jewish rodent. I wish Hitler had done a better job.

>> No.71126101

>>71125934
Glass is great but it is only needed because we went from nomadic to sedentary life. That lifestyle led to more violence due to people being more territorial. It was not needed before the agricultural revolution.

>> No.71126111

>>71125994
Because we aren't soulless bugmen that want to be left with nothing to do but lay on our asses consuming bug products all day. People with an ounce of testosterone in their body want to be free and feel the struggle of fighting for survival. Bugpeople who lack the natural desire to go through the power process and live a more simple traditional lifestyle wouldn't understand.
>>71126055
>please share with us your oracle powers, surely you can predict the fall of civilization with utmost accuracy
just read any IQ study idiot.
>I'll say something better, even if you're right and this civilization falls, another will rise in its place
No, industrial society is turning everyone into subhuman morons who are incapable of civilization. It sowing the seeds of it's own permanent destruction.

>> No.71126131

>>71126101
But glass didn't lead to people becoming more violent though.

>It was not needed before the agricultural revolution.
Why not? Because people died in their 20s instead of living longer and getting poor eyesight with age? What about glass necessitates a sedentary lifestyle?

>> No.71126136

>>71122920
JOIN MY CULT, the TECHNOPRIMITIVISTS!

>> No.71126146

>>71126111
>Because we aren't soulless bugmen that want to be left with nothing to do but lay on our asses consuming bug products all day.
What the fuck is a bugpeople?

>> No.71126162

>>71126146
The latest /pol/ meme.

>> No.71126172

>>71126111
>nothing to do but lay on our asses consuming bug products all day
you can still live a simpler life without abandoning modern tech like medicine and surgery + if you think life isn't full of challenges and will ever be free of problems then it shows you spend too much time here, there are a lot of ways to do real change in the world and satisfy the power process, I don't have to go out hunting to do that

>No, industrial society is turning everyone into subhuman morons
then it follows that you are one as well and you have no place out in the wilds

>> No.71126183

>>71126111
If you don't see the irony in complaining about modern life style, while at the same time using the latest zoomer internet slang, I have bad news for you.

>> No.71126193

>>71122920
Moderation is best. We didn't evolve to stare at glowing rectangles alone for 16 hours a day.

>> No.71126195

>>71126146
not the guy you replied to but bugpeople are the people we usually refer to when we talk about society as "they", the mindless consumerists y'know

"Society is dying because of all the bugmen going for the latest Apple iPhone baka"

>> No.71126199

>>71126111
Just because I don't want to live a "simple traditional lifestyle" doesn't mean I'm laying on my ass all day and consuming products. I'm currently doing a PhD, and have no time for just lying around.

>> No.71126201

>>71126131
Because it was used for houses. Glass was only necessary because we started living in permanent settlements that weren't caves. And the low mortality thing was only true for children and not adults. Not everyone died before the age ov 35.

>> No.71126215

>>71126162
>muh pol bogeyman
retarded/10

>>71126146
>https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bugman
basically most of /g/ (see 2nd def)

>> No.71126218

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_HGqPGp9iY

>> No.71126242

>>71126146
https://hackernoon.com/on-the-infestation-of-small-souled-bugmen-6561ae922e07
It's based on Nietzsche's writing if you want better coverage of the concept.

>> No.71126250

>>71126201
>permanent settlements

better look up current and old tribes muh man, there are a lot of them sticking to one place or traveling very small distances and returning to their original spot to justify building houses - they were just shit-dummy and busy with staying alive each day to have time inventing melting sand to shinies

>> No.71126256

>>71123508
that comment section is suicide fuel.

zoomers should be gassed.

>> No.71126261

>>71126199
A PhD is just a piece of paper you wasted years on. It is not a real thing, only a construct like money.

>> No.71126266

>>71126201
Well, I see the reason why it was first invented. But it has more than that purpose.

>And the low mortality thing was only true for children and not adults. Not everyone died before the age ov 35.
That's demonstratively true by examining the maximum age of different tribes of hunter gatherers. Looking at the remains of pre-iron age cultures in Europe, there aren't many remains of people that are above 35-40 years old. If you look at stone age civilizations, it wasn't uncommon that the tribes' oldest were in their mid-20s. In modern hunter-gather societies, people rarely live beyond their 40s too. This is not only due to child mortality, as most pre-industrial glorifiers like to claim.

>> No.71126268

>>71126071
>thus it doesn't actually matter what we do
But it does. If we never made it past anarchy, we would've still be living as cavemen.

>> No.71126292

>>71126242
>It's based on Nietzsche's writing if you want better coverage of the concept.
Name it faggot. Seriously, name the work. Because I'm familiar with Nietsche, and that's fucking wrong.

You probably mean Franz Kafka, but that's also wrong as fuck, as the metamorphosis symbolises being a part of the cogwheel of society and has nothing to do with mindless consumerism.

>> No.71126305

>>71126172
>you can still live a simpler life without abandoning modern tech like medicine and surgery
I do not use medicine and surgery as I'm young and healthy. After I'm old and sick I'll probably let myself die rather than clinging to life and wasting the nations resources.
>there are a lot of ways to do real change in the world and satisfy the power process
Not really most people just play video games in their room or some other surrogate activity that isn't as satisfying.
>then it follows that you are one as well and you have no place out in the wilds
We're not at the point where every last person is genetically defective yet and nature requires less intelligence than life in industrial society anyway.
>>71126183
Until the collapse comes there's not much to do but post memes on the internet and program stuff. I don't think it will come for a while so I'm not going full survivalist mode yet.
>>71126199
College is a waste of money, you can learn everything for free on the internet or at the library.

>> No.71126307

>>71126261
The degree in itself is that, but the work is satisfying and fulfilling and meaningful to the people who need it and use it. By your own logic, a family is nothing more than some crotch goblins you managed to shoot out of your vagina and that will probably do more harm to the world than any good.

>> No.71126334

>>71126305
>College is a waste of money,
PhDs are paid. I'm doing an industry PhD anyway.

>you can learn everything for free on the internet or at the library.
The point of an PhD is not to learn, but doing actual research....

>Until the collapse comes there's not much to do but post memes on the internet and program stuff.
You could actually live by example, instead of living literally like the very thing you despise. You are a literal "bugman".

>> No.71126340

>>71126292
you need to calm your ass down

>> No.71126376

>>71126340
Stop deflecting. Either post what work from Nietzsche you believe supports your claim, or just admit that you were wrong. I'm sick and tired of people that are close to being legally classified as retarded pretending to be sophisticated and intellectuals, when it's exceedingly clear that they haven't read the works they pretend to reference.

>> No.71126435

>>71126334
>The point of an PhD is not to learn, but doing actual research....
I'm against the whole college thing so I didn't know.
>You could actually live by example, instead of living literally like the very thing you despise. You are a literal "bugman".
It's not feasible to live in the woods by yourself with no contact with modern society. Hunter gathers and people in agricultural societies needed others to survive. And since humans have always needed each other to survive loneliness is pretty painful. Even if you did the system won't stop destroying nature eventually making it completely impossible.

>> No.71126452

>>71126305
>I do not use medicine and surgery as I'm young and healthy. After I'm old and sick I'll probably let myself die rather than clinging to life and wasting the nations resources.
of course everyone wants to die like you + shame on the unlucky 10 year old otherwise healthy kid who got bit by a dog and his wound got infected, see ya on the other side!
>Not really most people just play video games in their room or some other surrogate activity that isn't as satisfying.
you're not countering my point just saying lots of people don't do anything to make things better (while at the same time a lot of them actually do) + you're deciding for others what is satisfying for them, totalitarian much?
>nature requires less intelligence than life in industrial society anyway.
t. who never tried surviving out in the wild on his own
>College is a waste of money, you can learn everything for free on the internet or at the library.
college is for connections, guidance, research and motivation, if you think it's just about learning stuff it shows you've never been to one

>> No.71126474

>not being pagan pilled like jive and varg

Never going to make it jew worshipper.

>> No.71126498

>>71123900
keked

>> No.71126516

>>71126435
>I'm against the whole college thing so I didn't know.
I find that a bit curious, as most people with only high school-level education know this. I'm sorry to say this, as it is a bit offensive, but this kind of underlines my original point: the people who glorify pre-industrial age are the ones that have a limited understanding of modern society and therefore live ill-adjusted lives because they do not understand how to navigate life. You kind of also strengthen my suspicion by admitting that you don't really do anything but post memes and occasionally program stuff, which indicates that you have "fallen through" and aren't functioning in modern society.

>It's not feasible to live in the woods by yourself with no contact with modern society.
And my point, as you obviously missed since you were focused on the "college is meaningless" meme, is that you don't need to literally move in to the woods in order to have a meaningful existence (and not be a bugman). Even though you enjoy the comforts of modern life, you don't need to be a useless lump of lard. You could actually use modern technology as a stepping stone to reach higher than what has been possible ever before. This is why today's level of innovation and progress is exponentially higher than it has been in the past.

>> No.71126541

>>71126474
Varg is failing to even grow the simplest of crops, man. He's a shitty example.

>> No.71126543

I dunno man. I think Tech has it's place but anymore people have gotten to used to it doing shit for them. Quick, how many of you remember using a phone book or a map to find shit? Not to many I'd imagine. Now it's "google it" for the answer. Which ain't bad but what if the internet was down? How'd you find shit then. People are glued to the damn phone now like crazy. Nobody actually bothers to you know live the shit called life. You can't take the phone with you when you die you know.

>> No.71126560

>>71126541
I'm not a big varg fan but he really does trigger christcucks with his popularity.

>> No.71126562

>>71126376
im not even that guy but you need to relax

>> No.71126563

>>71126543
If using a map and a phone book is an example of "live the shit called life", then I think your argument is kinda weak. Having replaced archaic technology with newer technology is in no way correlated with having lost the meaning of life.

>> No.71126579

>>71126562
And you need to go back to /reddit/ or /pol/, underaged faggot who can't tell Nietszsche from Kafka.

>> No.71126587

>>71126543
And see this is a perfectly valid criticism even if a bit shoddy as >>71126543 pointed out. We shouldn't be glued to the screen alldayeveryday. But it is pretty far-fetched that because we could be more conscious about our ways of using tech we should just go back to living in caves and billions of people should die and we were better off when hunting all day and sucking our children's dicks for spiritual voodoo powers.

>> No.71126596

>>71126543
Exactly why is it bad to be glued to the phone while I'm sitting on the bus or the subway? I'm reading the news and communicating with friends and colleagues in an instant and starting my work, even before I get there. Why is this bad, other than stressing you out for some reason?

>> No.71126599

>>71126579
heh how Kafkaesque

>> No.71126694

>>71126516
>I find that a bit curious, as most people with only high school-level education know this.
Other people with a high school education care about things I don't about at all, what's your point? I'm actually in college because my family pressured me into and paid for all of it. But I don't care about such things, I would never get a PHD.
>post memes and occasionally program stuff
I do other stuff, you don't know my life story because of 4chan posts.
>You could actually use modern technology as a stepping stone to reach higher than what has been possible ever before.
It won't feel satisfying because people aren't meant to live this way. And any technological "advancements" will be misused as humans aren't worthy of the kind of power technology gives.
>This is why today's level of innovation and progress is exponentially higher than it has been in the past.
I don't see how society has progressed at all in the past 400 years or so. The system is destroying all native peoples, cultures, morality and most species on this planet. I don't want any part in that kind of "progress".

>> No.71126705

>>71126452
>>nature requires less intelligence than life in industrial society anyway.
>t. who never tried surviving out in the wild on his own
Not the guy you are responding to, I'm generally opposed to what he is saying, but he is actually right by saying that living the simple life in nature requires less intelligence than living in modern society.

Yes, it does require certain SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE, otherwise you are going to die within a few weeks after eating poisonous berries while failing to light a fire, but modern society is actually complex as fuck, and navigating your way through it is not an simple task. This is why many people fall through and fail to make it. To make a banal example: chimps live relatively successful lives as primitive hunter gatherers, but you could never make a chimp do taxes.

>> No.71126770

>>71126292
>You probably mean Franz Kafka
Here lies anon. He didn't even read the first sentence link.

>> No.71126787

>>71126694
>Other people with a high school education care about things I don't about at all, what's your point?
Wilful ignorance comes off as being stupid. It's not necessarily true, but it just looks a lot like that.

>I do other stuff, you don't know my life story because of 4chan posts.
I'm just responding to what you said.

>It won't feel satisfying because people aren't meant to live this way.
What we are """meant""" to or not is highly subjective. We weren't meant to live in a cabin in the woods either. We weren't meant to leave the African savannah either.

>And any technological "advancements" will be misused as humans aren't worthy of the kind of power technology gives.
I disagree with this view, but fair enough I guess.

>I don't see how society has progressed at all in the past 400 years or so.
But I do. We have drastically increased our expected living age. We have increased personal freedom and enjoy a high degree of autonomy, contrary to the past. We have more free time than ever (case in point: we have time to shitpost).

>The system is destroying all native peoples, cultures, morality and most species on this planet. I don't want any part in that kind of "progress".
It's not a perfect system, and we have fucked up a lot on the way. But it's better now than it ever was. Also, we fucked each other over by waring on other tribes too. Chimps actually go to war, and they rape and murder too.

>> No.71126803

>>71126770
And anon I replied to has never read any Nietzsche.

>> No.71126909
File: 47 KB, 250x194, spurdopropeller1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71126909

>>71126803
And anon I replied to still hasn't read the link.

>> No.71126976

>>71126909
Nice deflection, but pretty poor since it's coming an hour after the original reply, meaning that you were obviously thinking of Kafka yourself and didn't even bother reading the link you posted. Except you confused him with Nietzsche because you're a pseudo-intellectual and have read neither of them, and now you are in maximum damage control mode and it's funny as hell.

>> No.71127004

>>71126976
Nice deflection but you still haven't read the first sentence of the link.

>> No.71127030

>>71127004
I know that it says it's not referring to Kafka, but you still
1) didn't read that yourself
2) confused Nietzsche with Kafka

Go back to /pol/ or /r/the_donald, you underaged pseudo-intellectual. The reason you keep sageing this thread is because you know you were caught out.

>> No.71127039
File: 2.20 MB, 720x1278, chinabotnet.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71127039

>>71126787
>Increased our expected living age
People in the past didn't feel the need to try and cling to life for as long as possible because their youth were more fulfilling and they knew that there is a life after this one.
>We have increased personal freedom and enjoy a high degree of autonomy, contrary to the past.
This is objectively false. America had less strict laws and the government had less ability to enforce them for all it's history. Even if you look older societies that lived under a Monarchy or something without technology that didn't have the ability to control people nearly as well modern governments can. If you go far back enough hunter gathers had no real restrictions whatsoever on how they lived.
>Also, we fucked each other over by waring on other tribes too.
Now that the system has thrown a bunch of people of from different races, religions and cultures together there will soon be tribal warfare on a much greater scale.

>> No.71127053

>>71126694
>people aren't meant to live this way.
>any technological "advancements" will be misused as humans aren't worthy of the kind of power technology gives.
because it is up for you to decide what we're all "worthy" of or what we're "meant" to do (+ I'll once again repeat that moralism is a social construct, in theory since anprims argue for absolute freedom I should have the freedom to re-establish agriculture and advance tech as I see fit) + don't forget that civilization and tech already had biological effects upon us (like being able to digest milk, brain-growth etc.) thus it is fair to say that civilization and tech (tool-improving) isn't just a mental state we're grown up into but more of a biological one as each day goes by

>>71126705
valid point

>>71126787
all he said

>> No.71127059
File: 1.69 MB, 498x278, satania.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71127059

>>71127030
>I know that it says it's not referring to Kafka'
>replies to link with "You probably mean Franz Kafka"
>muh /pol/

>> No.71127090

>>71127039
>youth were more fulfilling and they knew that there is a life after this one
how was it more fulfilling? take women for example who were treated as objects and forcefully wed to others + wonderful, religious and spiritual ideas are your argument against desiring longevity
>If you go far back enough hunter gathers had no real restrictions whatsoever on how they lived.
so bad that we have all these restrictions today!!!!wish I could bash in the head of my neighbour for taking an apple from my lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Now that the system has thrown a bunch of people of from different races, religions and cultures together there will soon be tribal warfare on a much greater scale.
nice try Charles Manson, but your helter skelter never comes

>> No.71127122

>>71127090
>>If you go far back enough hunter gathers had no real restrictions whatsoever on how they lived.

as an addendum, when anprims say this they never specify what they mean, they just exalt this esoteric value of "freedom" but tribal societies actually lacked a lot of freedoms we enjoy today because if they didn't hunt and played survivalist all they they friggin died + women for example were no more than fleshlights and childshitting machines and if they ever dared to run they were hunted down

>> No.71127141

>>71127039
>People in the past didn't feel the need to try and cling to life for as long as possible because their youth were more fulfilling and they knew that there is a life after this one.
This is an assumption that I'd argue is wrong, as people in the past made up all sorts of fantasies about an afterlife because they were scared of dying.

>This is objectively false. [...]
First of all, you are not considering the freedom from not dying of illness or starvation here. People in the past lived considerably harder lives and life in general was a struggle, which meant considerably less free time.

Secondly, anarchistic conditions of hunter-gatherers does not equal freedom. It means that they would literally enslave members of other tribes and do as they pleased with people. The vasall states in Europe during the middle ages were no better, chieftans and kings and jarls would come and claim a fifth of your crops and food and even sometimes the right to sleep with your wife and whatnot. Slavery was widespread, and women's rights were non-existent. So while you are right that the ability to surveil and control was less than it is today, they still enjoyed less freedom. The America you speak of is a product of industrialisation, seeing that its declaration of independence is after what (some) people call the first industrial revolution (starting in 1760).

>Now that the system has thrown a bunch of people of from different races, religions and cultures together there will soon be tribal warfare on a much greater scale.
Nah, we live in a much more pieceful society than ever. Sure, there is the occasional conflict and terror attacks, but it is a lot less conflict than before.

>> No.71127148

>>71127122
>women for example were no more than fleshlights and childshitting machines and if they ever dared to run they were hunted down
source?

>> No.71127153
File: 109 KB, 650x650, damage-control.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71127153

>>71127059
Keep it going :^)

>> No.71127157

>>71126560
>christcuck
repent faggot.

>> No.71127181 [DELETED] 

>>71127157
>hurrr repent muh jew worship larp

Kill yourself retard. Go back to the_donald

>> No.71127187

>>71126305
you have mental illness

>> No.71127189

>>71127148
https://www.wildwill.net/blog/2017/04/26/the-truth-about-primitive-life-a-critique-of-anarcho-primitivism/
what I mentioned was in the 3rd chapter but it is mentioned in many other chapters

take a very strong note that this was written by Kaczinsky himself, the patron-saint of anprims

>> No.71127221

>>71127141
>First of all, you are not considering the freedom from not dying of illness or starvation here.
People had the freedom to try and fight illness or starvation all they wanted. Freedom just means without restrictions.
>Secondly, anarchistic conditions of hunter-gatherers does not equal freedom. It means that they would literally enslave members of other tribes and do as they pleased with people.
They could feasible fight back and defend themselves. People today have no chance of defending themselves from the government.
>chieftans and kings and jarls would come and claim a fifth of your crops and food
The income tax alone is like 1/3rd of your wealth, not mention all the other taxes. In most countries it's even higher than that, in Europe today the government steals about half their wealth or so. 1/5 was quite low compared to today.
>women's rights were non-existent
Women in surveys have been reporting themselves as increasingly less happy since the 1950s. It seems that "women's rights" are making them miserable.

>> No.71127226

>>71123635
This. They do what they do out of religious type beliefs. Mostly it comes down to being anti-harmful or anti-conflict type of things. So, they will use electric for lights so lanterns don't burn down houses or they will use non-pesticide farming methods (companion planting, trap plants, etc) because it is less destructive than the modern chemical alternative. These things also are different from place to place.

>> No.71127227

>>71127153
The argument is about whether or not
>>71126242
was thinking of Kafka. The first sentence of his link is
>Not to be confused with the gigantic insect—the alienated man—of Kafka’s Metamorphosis, the small-souled bugman is very much a ‘well-adjusted’, fully integrated neuron in today’s neoliberalist techno-corporate hive mind.
That pretty much settles the argument. This is more of a behavioral experiment to see how many ad homs I can get you to throw out.

>> No.71127235

>>71123218
Based

>> No.71127244

>>71127227
>That pretty much settles the argument.
No, it doesn't, because he (YOU) clearly just typed it in to the search field of Google and then copied the first link without reading it --- if he (YOU) had, he (YOU) wouldn't have made a botched reference to Nietzsche. You know I am right, it took you an hour to come up with an attempt to weasel your way out of your original mistake.

>> No.71127301

>>71127221
>Freedom just means without restrictions.
I don't know about you, but I find sickness and death pretty restricting.

>They could feasible fight back and defend themselves.
This is why I will never see eye to eye with anarchists. The point of having a society is that I fucking don't have to arm myself to the teeth and kill anyone who trespasses in order to set an example to others, and take part in the eternal struggle to become the alpha male in the tribe.

>People today have no chance of defending themselves from the government.
That's demonstratively wrong, since even the US with perhaps the most broken political system in the free world managed to elect Trump when the voters were fed up with Washington and their bullshit.

>The income tax alone is like 1/3rd of your wealth
That depends highly on where you live.

>In most countries it's even higher than that
>1/5 was quite low compared to today.
I live in Norway, and I don't pay that much in taxes. Anyway, it was a random figure I just mentioned. The point is not the figure, the point is that living and working for the vasall king is not freedom. He could fuck your wife when he wanted, and had the first right to marry any of your daughters. He could force you to go to war for him on a whim. He could come randomly and take your food. And you could not elect him out of office.

>Women in surveys have been reporting themselves as increasingly less happy since the 1950s. It seems that "women's rights" are making them miserable.
I'm highly sceptical of this claim. I see it gets posted by MGTOWs and other incels all the time, but I rarely see any studies that actually back this up. Regardless, it's hardly an argument that people were more free in the past, if you admit that they had no rights, is it?

>> No.71127310

>>71127221
>People had the freedom to try and fight illness or starvation all they wanted. Freedom just means without restrictions.
so can I do that by inventing agriculture and mass-origanization and tech? :)
>They could feasible fight back and defend themselves. People today have no chance of defending themselves from the government.
I'd watch how a malnourished group of hunters defeats a mass organization of settled warmongers, also no chance of defending themselves from the government? what about all the revolutions throughout history and non-lethal activist movements which do bring about change?
>The income tax alone is like 1/3rd of your wealth, not mention all the other taxes. In most countries it's even higher than that, in Europe today the government steals about half their wealth or so. 1/5 was quite low compared to today.
The tax theoretically goes for upkeeping the government which is a good purpose (providing infrastructure, welfare and safekeeping) + you're denouncing the concept of taxation on the basis of a bad implementation, wonderful (also don't even make me mention how a group of raiders taking your stuff as they please is supposedly "a-ok" by your defition compared to lawful taxation)
>Women in surveys have been reporting themselves as increasingly less happy since the 1950s. It seems that "women's rights" are making them miserable.
those women!!!!!!!!better show them by making them rape-slaves again and forcefully wedding them to old grandaddies!!!!!!they should learn their place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.71127338

>>71127221
>Women in surveys have been reporting themselves as increasingly less happy since the 1950s
Also, your entire argument is that modern society is making men less happy since the industrial revolution. Why is it society's fault in one case, and liberation in the other?

>> No.71127339

>>71127189
>Probably some hunter-gatherer societies did have full gender equality, though I don’t know of a single unarguable example. I do know of hunting-and-gathering cultures that had a relatively high degree of gender equality but fell short of full equality. In other nomadic hunter-gatherer societies male dominance was unmistakable, and in some such societies it reached the level of out-and-out brutality toward women.

That's mutually exclusive with "women were no more than fleshlights and childshitting machines." That's roughly equivalent "shit varied widely from tribe to tribe." If we take the word gender seriously for a moment, then we're talking about social roles. If you achieve true social gender equality there would only be one gender.

>> No.71127355

>>71127339
>If you achieve true social gender equality there would only be one gender.
Despite turbo feminist SJWs of today, claiming that gender is a spectrum, that's not generally what is understood by true social gender equality. It usually means equal opportunities, not that the genders become fused.

>> No.71127425

>>71127339
Yes but civilization eliminates irregularities. "I was born in the wrong place so I get fucked harder than the girl 2 miles next to me". Civilization sets down a baseline upon which everyone can improve thanks to democracy. + the very fact that we can talk about gender as a social role is because we can think of a human being as an individual regardless of their sex while in primal societies this isn't possible due to child-bearing being necessarry for tribe-longevity. I'm not saying this isn't a factor today but lots of women can be celibate and be factory workers all they want while others will take care of the population. Women can do what they want thus they're no longer defined just by their junk between their legs.

>> No.71127445

>>71127244
If you're truly as well versed in Nietzsche as you claim(undecided) and read the article(obviously you didn't), then you wouldn't have to ask. If you used google you could have figured it out yourself. If you didn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming in to reading the first sentence of the link, I wouldn't have concluded that spending the time to find you a free copy of what you obviously didn't read was a waste of time.

>> No.71127453

>>71127425
>Yes but civilization eliminates irregularities. "I was born in the wrong place so I get fucked harder than the girl 2 miles next to me"
To be fair, a state is merely an extension of a tribe. A girl born in Saudi Arabia is still pretty fucked compared to one born in the west. But other than that, I agree with your post.

>> No.71127562

>>71127445
>If you're truly as well versed in Nietzsche as you claim(undecided) and read the article(obviously you didn't), then you wouldn't have to ask.
Classic.

>If you used google you could have figured it out yourself.
And as I asked you almost two hours ago (>>71126376), please mention the work of Nietzsche you feel apply here.
Protip: the reason you haven't already, after all this time, is painfully obvious to me and everyone else: You clearly made a botched reference.

This is why you started by replying "calm down" and then later started back-pedalling. To be absolutely clear, this is the chain of events:
1) I asked what a bugman was
2) You googled it (you've probably seen that link before on /pol/ or on reddit) and copied the link, without reading it.
3) You mentioned Nietzsche, because you were actually thinking of Kafka and Kafka famously wrote the metamorphosis which is about a man that wakes up one day as a bug.
4) I pointed out this to you.
5) You got butthurt and tried to deflect by telling me to "calm down"
6) After an hour you saw an opportunity to weasel your way out of the shame, because you realised what the first line in the link was.
7) I don't buy your late response, and I remain convinced my initial assessment is accurate.

You know I have exposed you, you can stop pretending now. It's embarrassing at this point. You are a pseudo-intellectual and you can bugger off (pun intended) to /pol/ or reddit. Anyway, I'm done and satisfied with my exposing of you.

>> No.71127600
File: 75 KB, 690x395, uncletedsystemtrick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71127600

>>71127301
>That's demonstratively wrong, since even the US with perhaps the most broken political system in the free world managed to elect Trump when the voters were fed up with Washington and their bullshit.
And it's changed nothing. Nothing Donald he said would do has been done and he only cares about Israel. Democracy is a sham.
>He could force you to go to war for him on a whim. He could come randomly and take your food.
The government has the power to force you to go war in the US, idk about Norway, and can take your food money everywhere. Also you might be able to get away with killing him back then whereas you cannot resist government officials today.
>I'm highly sceptical of this claim. I see it gets posted by MGTOWs and other incels all the time, but I rarely see any studies that actually back this up. Regardless, it's hardly an argument that people were more free in the past, if you admit that they had no rights, is it?
God made women to be subservient to men and they are happy that way. Only men need to be free so I wasn't talking about women as much. They were more free from society's control but less free from their husbands.
>>71127310
>what about all the revolutions throughout history
A lot of them wouldn't have been possible with modern technology. If the British Empire had modern technology our ancestors would have won the revolution against them.
>non-lethal activist movements which do bring about change?
They never bring change, they are successful because (((powerful people))) support them. Read pic related.

>> No.71127603

>>71127425
>Yes but...
Are you that anon? Are you conceding that "women were no more than fleshlights and childshitting machines." is hyperbolic bullshit?

>> No.71127629

>>71127562
You know that Anonymous isn't actually one person right?

>> No.71127658

>>71127600
>Nothing Donald he said would do has been done and he only cares about Israel. Democracy is a sham.
That's because he is a pathological liar, but the point is that an outsider with no political background got elected, and to me this is a very clear indication that the system actually works.

>The government has the power to force you to go war in the US,
Really? Isn't drafts a thing of the past? Anyway, the main point is as follows in the next line.

>and can take your food money everywhere
The point is that, unlike living in a vasall state or a monarchy, you decide your own leader through voting. We will never agree on this point, because you believe that democracy doesn't work and I believe it does.

>Also you might be able to get away with killing him back then whereas you cannot resist government officials today.
I don't know. Voting, protesting, striking etc are all pretty powerful tools that work within the framework of modern society.

>God made women to be subservient to men and they are happy that way.
I don't believe in any gods, so this argument is completely lost on me.

>They were more free from society's control but less free from their husbands.
These go hand in hand so much I'd argue that the difference is small. Men's control over women only exists where there is a societal control over women (i.e. no legal rights). See Islam for examples.

>> No.71127675

>>71127629
Are you implying that someone random stranger would be this emotionally invested in the mistake of another random stranger? I don't think so, it's pretty obvious from the writing style and grammar, in addition to the agenda and emotional investment, that I'm dealing with the same person.

>> No.71127720

>>71127600
>you cannot resist government officials today.
Not the guy you are responding to, but this is demonstratively wrong. Politicians will do everything to get reelected, and will never do anything that is unpopular and means losing votes. This is why republicans keep giving tax cuts, because their voter base wants that, and why democrats keep proposing social programs, because their voters want that.

>> No.71127753

>>71122920
Not sure what you're talking about, I'm pretty damn sure I'd enjoy my life much less if I had to live as the Amish do.

>> No.71127772

>>71127600
>And it's changed nothing. Nothing Donald he said would do has been done and he only cares about Israel. Democracy is a sham.
again, you're denouncing a principle based on a flawed example (which isn't actually flawed as >>71127658 shows)
>The government has the power to force you to go war in the US, idk about Norway, and can take your food money everywhere. Also you might be able to get away with killing him back then whereas you cannot resist government officials today.
You chose your leaders and "get away with" is a strong statement when the harmed warlord might come back in greater force and wipe you out completely, it isn't to say modern civilizations are perfect, but stop romanticizing such dangerous past relics.
>God made women to be subservient to men and they are happy that way.
religious delusions are irrelevant to the argument and are without proof
>A lot of them wouldn't have been possible with modern technology.
fair point but modern tech cuts both ways, modern problems require modern solutions
>They never bring change, they are successful because (((powerful people))) support them. Read pic related.
bold claim considering all the progress we have today thanks to activists like gay-rights, drug legalization, safety for workers and countless other smaller and larger issues

>> No.71127773

>>71122920
I'm not giving up air conditioning for an Amish QT.

>> No.71127777

>>71127562
>And as I asked you almost two hours ago (>>71126376),
That wasn't me, but he was right. You really need to calm your ass down.

>> No.71127786
File: 96 KB, 988x460, takeyourpillsanon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71127786

>>71127777
Forgot my pic and nice digits.

>> No.71127789

>>71122920
i enjoy technology. we live in a blessed age.

>> No.71127801

>>71127777
>>71127777
>still doesn't post which work by Nietzsche he allegedly was thinking about
not him, but you should probably stop now

>> No.71127811

>>71127786
>implying screenshots mean anything when you can easily edit HTML elements in your browser
Pathetic.

>> No.71127817

>>71127658
>That's because he is a pathological liar, but the point is that an outsider with no political background got elected, and to me this is a very clear indication that the system actually works.
He had strong connections with rich jews that helped him. They only want you to think that he was an outsider. And besides the president has no real power anyway, Congress does and they all vote for the same neolibreal crap regardless of what their voters want. Republican voters want a wall, republican congressman don't care.
>I don't know. Voting, protesting, striking etc are all pretty powerful tools that work within the framework of modern society.
Look how much it works for people who are actually opposed to the system like the "alt right". Anybody actually opposed to it is crushed by it and their voting, protesting and striking changes nothing. The mass media will twist things around to make any true outsiders seem like the physical embodiment of evil.
>I don't believe in any gods, so this argument is completely lost on me.
Even if you don't, just look at how women act. Read Fifty shades of grey to see how badly they want to be free from the control of strong alpha males.

>> No.71127888

>>71127811
Imagine being this desperate to save face on an anonymous flag enthusiasts forum.

https://warosu.org/g/thread/S71122920#p71127562

>> No.71127890

>>71127817
>He had strong connections with rich jews that helped him.
Obviously, but the point is that everyone said it was impossible and he did it.

>And besides the president has no real power anyway, Congress does and they all vote for the same neolibreal crap
I'll concede that this is true.
>regardless of what their voters want
This is not true, but the problem is that nobody bothers to vote for the congressional elections.

>Republican voters want a wall
I think Trump voters do, not necessarily all republican voters. But yeah, this is a side track anyway.

>Look how much it works for people who are actually opposed to the system like the "alt right".
You are forgetting that the alt right is NOT a majority in any sense. Democracy only means the will of the majority.

>Anybody actually opposed to it is crushed by it and their voting, protesting and striking changes nothing.
It seems to work fine in the rest of the world. Sure, it sometimes take a long time, but it definitively works in the long run. Women got to vote after a lengthy suffragette movement. Niggers got to vote after a long civil rights movement. Etc. Sure, it can sometimes take a very long time, but it does seem to work.

>Even if you don't, just look at how women act. Read Fifty shades of grey to see how badly they want to be free from the control of strong alpha males.
I don't think anyone should use 50 shades of gray as a manual on how women work, to be quite honest. Also, enjoying a rough fuck does not mean enjoying the lack of right to drive, for example. Or the right to not getting raped by a nigger because you went outside unaccompanied by a male, like you do in many muslim countries.

>> No.71127901

>>71127817
>Read Fifty shades of grey
bringing up a purposefully sado-masochistic work which is critically denounced and that got overhyped as proof that women are subservient
you are clinically retarded, seek help
also even if you reasoning is correct and the system is corrupt to its core, it still doesn't invalidate the idea of a system, just that the current implementation is bad - you provide no reasoning how living like cavemen and abandoning all tech would be better

>> No.71127906

>>71127888
What's the point of the link?

>> No.71127917

>>71127906
don't click its a virus

>> No.71127921

>>71122920
have sex

>> No.71127929

>>71127917
Oh shit, I already clicked. How fucked am I?

>> No.71127932

>>71127929
run norton

>> No.71127937

>>71127932
Norton doesn't work on Linux, what do I do? Please help!

>> No.71127949
File: 322 KB, 1451x2048, _shirokane_rinko_bang_dream_drawn_by_mia_fai1510_6ec0f62a4478b5e497856c56a3a40193.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71127949

No, humans are evil.
The old testament was right, you should all burn, hypocritical cowards.

>> No.71127963

>>71127801
>you should probably stop now
Sorry I was having too much fun. Since you asked nicely it's pretty close to the concept of the last man.

>> No.71127965

>>71123732
Explains the high suicide rates.

>> No.71127967

>>71127937
Linux is only a kernel.

>> No.71127973

>>71127965
>high suicide rates
Source

>> No.71127999

>>71127963
>it's pretty close to the concept of the last man.
you were shown wrong ages ago and now we are just having fun on your expense :^) you should probably stop because its in your own interest to do so. thanks for the you tho

>> No.71128008

I really think its a more 1st world problem rather than technology

Facebook and MySpace and Tumblr were absolutely normal and tame once upon a time, then corporations and deviants and everyone trying to be popular ruined it all

That and shitty people breeding, I mean, its one thing to have a whacky family but now too many people think its normal to have a shit family. That means theyll never even make the effort to make a better family or improve their situation

>> No.71128010

>>71127999
>thanks for the you tho
kys

>>71127888
I don't understand the point of the link? Did you misunderstand what I meant by editing the HTML elements? It's so you remove the (You) in the quote.

>> No.71128026
File: 279 KB, 540x540, satania11.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71128026

>>71127811
Whatever you have to tell yourself.

>> No.71128029

>>71127890
>You are forgetting that the alt right is NOT a majority in any sense. Democracy only means the will of the majority.
You were arguing that democracy can actually produce meaningful change. Presumably you'd see minority political groups become majority political groups if it could.
>It seems to work fine in the rest of the world. Sure, it sometimes take a long time, but it definitively works in the long run. Women got to vote after a lengthy suffragette movement. Niggers got to vote after a long civil rights movement. Etc. Sure, it can sometimes take a very long time, but it does seem to work.
Those things only happened because the elites/system wanted it too. See the system's greatest trick from Ted >>71127600 . If you look at the civil rights movement or any other subversive movement you'll see they all had support from the mass media and other institutions like the education system. We've never seen any change which was not supported by them.
>>71127901
>you provide no reasoning how living like cavemen and abandoning all tech would be better
Just open up a history book, things were awesome in the past.

>> No.71128036

>>71127999
>>71127888
>>71127777
Why are all the shitposts getting these nice digits?

>> No.71128037

>>71127921
> wasting your life source with thots
no.

>> No.71128054

>>71127789
>blessed age
Living in a cage waiting for the next new product*

>> No.71128059

>>71128008
Just imagine when this upcoming generation has families. The civilizational collapse is real.

>> No.71128124

>>71128029
>You were arguing that democracy can actually produce meaningful change
Meaningful is not what you, or me, or a bunch with edgelords (aka alt right) define it to be though.

>Those things only happened because the elites/system wanted it too
We can stop there. I don't believe in some secret illuminati/jewish/rotschilds/whatever overlords deciding what is allowed to happen or not.

>If you look at the civil rights movement or any other subversive movement you'll see they all had support from the mass media
It's called the fourth estate for a reason.

>We've never seen any change which was not supported by them.
So?
inb4 media is corrupt and so on

It's way past bed time for me and I don't think we are getting any closer anyway. The difference between us, as I see it, is that you insist that the system is broken, whereas I see it as functioning. I don't think the system is perfect, but in my view it is in no way so broken that the only hope is to abandon it. I also don't think that the system is inherently evil or malevolent, I actually believe quite the opposite.

Anyway, it was fun discussing with you.

>things were awesome in the past.
This one wasn't for me, but I think we already established in this thread that it wasn't awesome in the past. It was awful and horrible, sickness, wars, disease, death, famine and general illiteracy and lack of knowledge. I guess it would take a biblethumper to glorify this, desu.

>> No.71128201
File: 52 KB, 960x720, spermcountstudy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71128201

>>71128059
If it doesn't right itself, it deserves to die. It won't be long at this rate. We're importing immigrants to do the jobs we won't do alright. Those jobs are not mowing lawns and picking fruit. It's having children.

>> No.71128228

>>71128201
Since the drop in sperm count is linked to western diet and obesity, I really doubt that fat nignogs or fat spics are going to get the job of inseminating our women.

>> No.71128263

>>71122920
the amish use pneumatic power tools, because air isn't evil, but electricity is

>> No.71128273

>>71128201
It's not even importing them to have children anymore, the lifestyle neuters them like it did the natives. Its just throwing more bodies at the economic grinder - keep the machine going as long as possible to squeeze out as much as you can.
At some terrible point, the dollar begun to rule mankind rather than ambition for the future. Recent technological advancements certainly made that possible.

>> No.71128296

>>71128273
Bankers are to blame for this, not technology.

>> No.71128334

>>71128296
No, technology is not to blame, it's a tool. Neither are bankers. Human sin (not even in the religious sense) is to blame. All of it boils down to human sin and the complacency born from attaining the pleasures of those sins and slowly sinking into a magma of degeneration and vulgarity in the perpetual cycle or attaining sin to create more sin.

>> No.71128466
File: 20 KB, 643x634, birth-rate-2019-figure-3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71128466

>>71128228
I didn't say that impregnating White women was their job. I said having children was the job we won't do.

>> No.71128670

>>71128124
>It was awful and horrible, sickness, wars, disease, death, famine and general illiteracy and lack of knowledge.
The modern world as all of those things besides illiteracy and more. On top of that it is also killing most species on this planet, destroying all nations and cultures, destroying any form of morality, cutting sperm counts to the point where every man may become infertile, making everyone genetically defective, putting a majority of young people into debt slavery that they'll never escape etc.

>> No.71129700

>>71123043
>implying your genes are good

>> No.71129952

>>71128124
>meaningful is not what you, or me define it to be
Then who defines what meaningful is? You sound like a cunt. Go fuck yourself.

>> No.71130219

>>71123425
>even better at business than Jews
>not admirable

>> No.71131003

>>71127562
im with this guy on this one. If you make a mistake then admit it and continue on your merry way to having a productive discussion rather than pretending you did nothing wrong and throwing a shitfit about it.

>> No.71134641

install gentoo

>> No.71135585

>>71123881
Your usage of technology is still just an expression of your culture. It will always be a tool, and you will always have a choice whether to use it or not

You are just making excuses for yourself

>> No.71136112

>>71129952
>spends an entire thread arguing that meaningfulness comes from god and living as god intended in closeness to nature
>gets upset by the notion that alt right kekistan faggots don’t get to decide what’s meaningful
Get fucked.

>> No.71136179

>>71129700
They aren’t inbred though.

>> No.71136208

>>71131003
go till the fields Abraham

>> No.71136277

>>71136179
Proof?

>> No.71136317

>>71136277
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_among_the_Amish

>> No.71136333

Inconception that Amish are anti technology. They only accept technology if it's viewed as beneficial to their society. Which is why they can occasionally buy something, have modern reflectors on their wagons, small amounts of electricity.

>> No.71136338

>>71136317
Talking about your genes kiddo

>> No.71136855

We don't need technology to progress any further. We don't need electric cars or renewable energy. We don't need AI or anything like that. We're too focused on technology and not spending enough time on us as people. More technology creates too much comfort and attachment to this world, a world ov suffering. Life on this planet should be short in order to move on to a different world.

>> No.71137011

>>71136855
>falling for the dead like on a stick merchant meme
Yes, serve your Jewish masters. There is no point in pursuing happiness. You should serve us until you die and get your reward in the afterlife.

>> No.71137482

>>71122920
thats right, you should live on a farm, be married and breed a dozen children, and only use a horse drawn wagon to go to town once a month for supplies which are only basic staple goods like corn meal, flower, and livestock feed

>> No.71137652

>>71122920
>Why aren't we enjoying life more than amish people?
aren't we?

>> No.71137686
File: 5 KB, 300x100, adorable.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71137686

>>71122920

Using technology to vilify technology is two faced, OP, just saying.

No thanks, I'll stick with tech instead of choosing hypocrite's.

>> No.71137845

>>71127949
>hypocrisy and the old testament of all things in the same sentence

>> No.71138098

The difference between us and the Amish is that the Amish are more careful when introducing new technology as they considering whether it will serve their people or not whereas in nations it will only benefit some people since there is much more divide and class differences than the Amish. There is literally nothing wrong with being a luddite. Many new technology is just a different way of doing something that could already be done and does not necessarily mean better. More technology means more technology needs to be made to counteract the negatives of them and it will never stop.

>> No.71138142

>>71123727
>amish
>but worship stallmann

>> No.71138550

>>71126292
>>71126376
based

>> No.71138884

>>71137686
>hypocrite's

>> No.71139250

>>71136338
not him but what do you expect faglord, nobody will post their family three. Or post yours first retard.

>> No.71139255

>>71124458
Obsessed retard

>> No.71139278

>>71125675
nuclear weapos are the reason why we will not see anything like ww1/2 ever again. These are humanity's choices:
1.) no global conflicts
2.) we all fucking die
Im fine with either.

>> No.71139364

>>71124458
Seething

>> No.71139963

>>71139255
>>71139364
?

>> No.71140034

>>71139963
>?
What do you mean "?" ? At least post a fucking >huh?

>> No.71140091
File: 1.15 MB, 314x232, 1554329657157.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71140091

>>71127226
>trap plants

>> No.71140099

>>71139963
??

>> No.71140142

Technology isn't evil, the overuse of technology is evil. We fucked up in the 90s when we started relying on technology in daily life for businesses, government, etc more than should be necessary, and really fucked up when we as a society collectively decided to fuck our privacy right in the ass by accepting goddamn smartphones as normal. Anyone who carries around a smartphone is a goddamn idiot.

>> No.71140216

>>71140142
>implying those sectors weren't already relying on technology
It's funny how zoomers on this board equate "technology" with "the internet"

>> No.71140287

>>71140034
Why? You got the point without it.

>> No.71140393

The Amish use plenty of technology. The wheel is technology. So are hammes, nails, screws etc. So are matches, making fire. The Amish are just stuck on an arbitrary level of technology that lies somewhere in the 19th century. Which means they can die of appendicitis or a fever.

But hey, they get to choose wether to stay or leave when they're 17 or 18.

>> No.71140486

>>71140216
It's funny how Dumbest Generationals have zero reasoning skill. They didn't RELY on technology before then, they USED technology. There is a huge fucking difference, and you'd know that if you had any goddamn sense. And YES, the internet had something to do with it, you Dumbest Generational. They relied on online services and communications and started tracking people and all the other fucking evils of the modern internet-connected world even back then when the internet started.
4chan needs a way to identify people old enough to remember back before the stupidity started happening so you dumb little kids won't think we're just some idiots spouting bullshit; we actually know what we're talking about BECAUSE WE WERE THERE TO SEE IT FUCKING HAPPEN. LISTEN TO US AND SHUT YOUR LITTLE FUCKING MOUTHS.

>> No.71140502

>>71122920
I do enjoy my life than amish. You must be doing something wrong.

>> No.71140703

>>71122920
Amish people should be gassed

>> No.71140860
File: 272 KB, 1123x793, Global_AS_suicide_rates_bothsexes_2016.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71140860

>>71127965
countries with the highest suicide rates are either nigger lands or ex-commie East orthodox shitholes
I live in a 3W shithole and I travelled to Sweden last year, coming back home i now understand why third worlders and amerikans want to kill themselves or immigrate

>> No.71140885

>>71140486
>They didn't RELY on technology before then
You're retarded if you believe boomers didn't rely on electricity. Every generation has relied on the technology of the generations before it.

>> No.71140956

>>71140860
Look at your graph, Norway, Sweden and Finland were not ex-commie shitholes (don't know what east orthodox has to do with it given that that religion was stamped out during USSR). South Korea was also not an ex-commie shithole, neither is France, or Canada, or Japan or Australia. None of them are nigger lands.

>> No.71141060

>>71140956
>m]274 / 31 / 73 / 3 [Update] [Auto]
Well according to the graph the entire fucking world, except literal shitholes are suicidal though.

Venezuela, Honduras, Panama, Marocco, Algerie, Tunisia, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Syria, Azerbajan, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Nepal, Pakistan and fucking Indonesia have <5.0.

It's probably because they fucking die before they are able to off their miserable lives.

>> No.71141149

>>71141060
A lot of people are suicidal
.>10 per 100 000 suicides is concerning given how rare it is for suicide attempts to actually be successful.
People aren't living how they're supposed to live.

>> No.71141160

>>71123337
>1693

why that year in particular?

>> No.71141178

>>71141149
>10 per 100,000
That's not actually that many. 10 per 100,000 is also the same amount of people that risk getting acute septic shock from ingesting paracetamol or aspirin, according to the side effect warning on the packet I have on my desk.

>> No.71141191

>>71141160
That's the year when Jebediah said to himself "'tis shart hast gone on far enoughst!"

>> No.71141207

>>71141060
anon, the red areas have the highest suicide rates, i think you have it backwards

>> No.71141239
File: 66 KB, 602x599, tumblr_ovobj7gdfg1qlmjw8o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71141239

>>71122920
Because Hamish are monsters.

>> No.71141248
File: 45 KB, 632x485, images (74).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71141248

As shitty as modern society is, I can't fathom living like one of these LARP clowns. It must be so boring.

>> No.71141250

>>71141207
Uh, read my post again, friend. I'm genuinely surprised that the countries I listed there are not in the red, and to me that indicates that they are probably dying of other causes. Honduras has for example the highest homicide per capita rate in the world, and some of the other countries listed are literal war zones.

>> No.71141259

>>71141178
That's successful suicides, successful suicide rate is 1 in 20. Think of the suicidal number somewhere around 200 per 100 000. This didn't used to be a problem
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-statistics

>> No.71141311

>>71141259
>200 per 100,000
Okay, its definitively worse, but it's still not catastrophic IMO. How many of those attempts are genuine attempts and not teenagers calling for attention though?

>> No.71141356

>>71141250
seems i misread, it also puzzles me that the islamic countries and ones with shit economies also have low rates, i think its because of poor records
i strongly remember my egyptian neighbour killing herself and her 3 year old twins a few years ago

>> No.71141460
File: 330 KB, 960x1500, chartoftheday_15390_global_suicide_rates_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71141460

>>71141311
>In young people (aged 15 - 24), the odds are between 100 and 200 to 1qgainst. The elderly seem a lot more successful at 4:1.
Angsty teens aren't a big part of that statistic. Once you step into the adult world is when the chances rise.
And no it's not catastrophic, not in most places anyway unless its ex USSR, but that's a given due the fact that the country and society collapsed and have remained dead since.
It shouldn't be catastrophic however to not be alarming. This shit is only increasing, something kinda wrong.

>> No.71141488

>>71141460
>Angsty teens aren't a big part of that statistic
That's generally surprising to me. Thanks for the stats anon.

>Once you step into the adult world is when the chances rise.
I guess it's common for old people to off themselves when they feel useless maybe? I think I've heard about suicides being a major issue among the elderly.

>> No.71141538
File: 81 KB, 960x720, SPRC Charts_03.JPG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71141538

>>71141488
See for yourself. It's the one of the four major causes if death between 10 and 44.
Everyone feels useless as soon the kiddy happy bubble pops and you realise your worth is only in what you can consume.

>> No.71141563

>>71123294
Contraceptive pills are technology

>> No.71141571

>>71141538
Also I will just mention. Kiddy suicide rates may not be a catastrophic problem at the moment, but they rapidly rising ever since social media was introduced via smartphones.
Nothing is getting better about all this, in any way at all.

>> No.71141691

>>71140860
whats with the arabs, greeks and venezuleans? are they too dumb to neck themselves?

>> No.71141720

>>71141691
They're probably too busy dying from homicide.

>>71141571
I'm not convinced of the link between social media and suicide though. I'm also skeptical of the claim that suicide rates have risen, nothing you have posted so far would indicate that except maybe >>71141538

>> No.71141802

>>71141149
>People aren't living how they're supposed to live.
who decides that?

>> No.71141811

>>71122920
I hire some Amish lads to trim my horses' hooves and I must say they smell quite bad.

>> No.71141837

>>71141802
He does, duh

>> No.71141889
File: 87 KB, 810x589, m_zoi190171f1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71141889

>>71141720
Its a relatively new area of study, but I cant think of anything else, and neither can many others observing this phenomenon, for the sharp increase in female suicide rates, which where always low compared to Male as in this graph.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2733430

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2019/05/20/suicide-rates-sharply-increase-among-young-girls-study-finds/amp/

>>71141802
The statistics.

>> No.71141893

>>71141837
I know you're joking but this is what pisses me off about all these anprim arguments. It's always some neckbeard who has 0 contact with civilization himself, brainwashes himself all day with the Unabomber Manifesto and anprim writings while looking up skewed badly supported studies who's saying:
>we're not SUPPOSED to live this way
>man has indomitable desire for "FREEDOM" (whatever that might mean)
>EVERYONE ELSE OTHER THAN ME IS A BUGMAN WAKE UP SHEEPLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.71141904

>>71123769
That's wrong though

>> No.71141942

>>71141720
>I'm not convinced of the link between social media and suicide though.
At least in a personal level being in social media used to depress me as I saw my friends' profiles and how they successful they look. Once I closed my social media accounts, my live and my mood improved a lot. I became more of a hermit but overall it was worth it.
The thing is that you don't know what's behind the curtains and you end up comparing your real self against the ideal self of other people.

>> No.71141968

>>71141893
I wholeheartedly agree with you anon.

>>71141889
>>71141942
It's definitively an interesting study regardless.

>> No.71143535

>>71123447
this is from a show on TLC about individuals from the Amish community leaving their homes to see the world outside. They were Amish but this photo was taken many months after their initial retreat or whatever.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action