Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 1.01 MB, 410x304, squilliam.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70523061 No.70523061 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

Newpipe is fucking broken again

>> No.70523084

>>70523061
It's working fine for me

>> No.70523102

>literally what

>> No.70523111

>>70523084
0.16.1 is giving me an UI error

>> No.70523285

>>70523061
Stop using that piece of shit, Jesus.

>> No.70523289

>>70523285
I just want to download music off youtube

>> No.70523302

>>70523289
kek, just record them with the inbuilt record app at this point

>> No.70523309

>>70523285
Then name a comparable alternative.

>> No.70523327

>>70523289
just use youtube-dl you brainlet

>> No.70523337

>not using Vanced

>> No.70523342

>>70523309
Vanced, Skytube and Youtube-dl. None of these will ever break randomly like Newpoo does.

>> No.70523357
File: 252 KB, 1080x1873, Screenshot_20190412-140955_FastHub-Libre_1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70523357

>>70523061
no new issues of note and it works for me, sweetie
>>70523302
>what is youtube-dl

>> No.70523367

>>70523357
>what is youtube-dl
Downloading music off youtube is retarded no matter how you do it.

>> No.70523376

>>70523061
>not using Vanced
Newpipe is shit until you can login, download, and play in the background.

Vanced can't download yet but I can at least play in the background while logged in

>> No.70523383

>>70523367
while it's certainly not great, 160kbps opus generally sounds okay to me. re-recording using your phone's sound recorder is just brainlet-tier.

>> No.70523408

>>70523061
Took them literally years to implement comments and they simply can't fix their seasonal breaking issues, while every other youtube player/downloader has never had any issue like that. Tell me again, why are you still using that piece of shit?

>> No.70523417

>>70523383
It sounds like absolute ass, you must be deaf. It's noticeable even with a $5 earphone. And downloading shit off youtube is brainlet tier too.

>> No.70523428

>>70523342
Second vanced works well.

>> No.70523496

>>70523408
ah yes, because you were really missing out on some quality content before they started showing top-level comments
it breaks from time-to-time because they scrape the youtube site rather than using the api (which would require you to sign in and also possibly set up your own google api keys like the youtube addon for kodi). therefore a site change will break the scraper.
>>70523428
this. vanced is very good.

>> No.70523512

>>70523496
>>70523428
I just got vanced and I cant download shit.
oof

>> No.70523531
File: 1.62 MB, 498x376, 4i7kwiw2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70523531

>>70523367
Pretty much the only place on earth you can find old funk shit

>> No.70523629

>>70523512
/g/ - tech support
share to newpipe or just use youtube-dl if you want to download
you're part of the problem with this board

>> No.70523693

Works fine.

>>70523285
No better alternative. SkyTube is good but it doesn't have downloads or a dedicated pop-up mode, forcing you to use VLC.

>>70523376
Vanced is utter trash, bloated and proprietary malware/trackware.
>login
Logging in is useless. SkyTube has bookmarks and subscription, and VLC has a pop-up mode and can play in background.
>download
Newpipe can do this, retard.
>play in the background
VLC.

>> No.70523735

>>70523496
>ah yes, because you were really missing out on some quality content before they started showing top-level comments
Comment quality depends on what you are watching. If you see low quality comments everywhere, I'm sorry, but you are no better than people posting them. And you don't need to cope anymore, they already implemented it senpai
>it breaks from time-to-time because they scrape the youtube site rather than using the api
Which is proven to be inefficient at this point. Just do like other programs do. You don't need to login to use Skytube or youtube-dl so their way is non intrusive and simply works.

>> No.70523769

>>70523693
SkyTube does have downloads and pop-up is part of Android API since Oreo. There's absolutely no reason to use this broken piece of shit over Skytube.

>> No.70523809

>>70523735
>wah it doesn't work how i want
it's open source - fix it and submit a pr

>> No.70523847

>>70523769
SkyTube's downloads are limited, afaik you can't even choose to download subtitles or audio. It only downloads the video in whatever the fuck quality it wants.
>pop-up is part of Android API since Oreo.
70% of users don't have Oreo or above.

>> No.70523873

>>70523847
https://www.lineageos.org/

>> No.70523930
File: 87 KB, 645x773, 1525082832211.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70523930

>>70523809
If you had at least a half working brain you understand that I'm saying it's shit and there are better alternatives. Why would I spend my time working on that dumpster fire? lmao
>>70523847
It downloads videos at the quality you are watching. And about audio, it's exactly the same as Newpoo, some video streams don't have audio so you either have to remux later or you can just download one that has it. Stop making out bullshit.

>> No.70523980
File: 624 KB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_20190412-082539.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70523980

>> No.70523989

>>70523873
Wait a few decades for ARM to stop being shit and force a standard BIOS/UEFI so that you don't have to compile a billion different ROMs just to support slightly different devices. Then you can start using LineageOS as a proper argument.

>> No.70524012

>>70523847
>70% of users don't have Oreo or above.
Yeah, and most of these are pajeets with low end phones running KitKat and under. Who cares? Hell, even my old Moto G3 from 2015 has Android Pie roms available.

>> No.70524064

>>70523930
>i could fix it but i just don't want to
sure, kid

>>70523989
>i am incapable of choosing a device which allows an end-user to modify the bootloader
and that's why certain manufacturers continue to lock their bootloaders. if people stopped buying them then they'd be under pressure to stop this practice.

>>70524012
oneplus one here. released five years ago and still has great support from lineageos.

>> No.70524073

>>70523989
If your phone is not a piece of shit it has either official or XDA Lineage support, simply as that.

>> No.70524090

>>70524064
>sure, kid
Yeah, I could if I wanted.

>> No.70524536

>>70523531
Why is future funk so good? I feel like a ponce listening to it, but the fake nostalgia is delicious.

>> No.70524909

>>70524064
>choosing a device which allows an end-user to modify the bootloader
This is irrelevant, you idiot. If it was there'd be 1 universal ROM file which works on every """unlocked""" device. Locked bootloaders are just half the issue.

>> No.70524972

>>70523693
>having to use multiple apps instead of just one
i literally could not give one single fuck about anything else other than having the functionality of youtube premium without having to pay for it ;)

>> No.70525034

>>70524972
Poorfag, get a job or stop watching shittube

>> No.70525122

>>70525034
i have a good job and money, but I don't live in the US. fuck any company that would take my money but not operate because of geolocation

using Vanced i get the functionality I care about without geolocation restrictions and without paying for it.

get fukt newpipe shill/dev ;^)

>> No.70525160

>>70525122
I don't shill for shitpipe, you however are shilling for your garbage proprietary malware app. You say fuck the company but are willing to jump through hoops to use their service, stop being a hypocrite.

>> No.70525198

>>70524972
Ok, be used and datamined by literal spyware, kid.

>> No.70525288

>>70524909
>If it was there'd be 1 universal ROM file which works on every """unlocked""" device
There is, it's called GSI, retard.

>> No.70525586

>>70525288
Ok, give me the iso file so I can install it using the terminal or TWRP, and install the x86 version of it. All I see is it's useless since it only supports some new devices and is only relevant to android and not all ARM devices.

>> No.70525644

>>70525586
Moving the goalposts won't help you.

>> No.70525664

>>70525586
But anyway, since you asked, here it is. Have fun.
https://source.android.com/setup/build/gsi

>> No.70525865

>>70525586
>All I see is it's useless since it only supports some new devices and is only relevant to android and not all ARM devices.
Woah, did anyone see the goal post? And please explain how is GSI useless just because it's only for new devices, I'm waiting. It's the standard for all Android devices released with 8.0+ and some manufactures even updated their old devices to support it.

>> No.70525912

Use Youtube Vanced its 10000000 times better.

>> No.70525993

>>70525644
>>70525865
It doesn't solve the ARM issue, idiots, which was the main point. Nobody is talking just about android solutions here. You're the ones trying to move goalposts.

>>70525664
>just compile it
Ok, so it's not ready to use and not a proper solution. Until it's as simple as downloading and installing Linux/Windows it's not an option. Until you can download an ARMBuntu and install it on any future ARM device ARM will be shit and not a good replacement for x86.

>> No.70526007

>>70523061
just use youtube go bro

>> No.70526230

>>70525993
It was never about ARM, retard. You just came up with this "but muh ARM doesn't have a BIOS equivalent so Android bad, there's no generic ROM :(", and then you got proven wrong and started moving the goalposts. There's a generic ROM and can be ran on any Treble device.

>Ok, so it's not ready to use and not a proper solution. Until it's as simple as downloading and installing Linux/Windows it's not an option. Until you can download an ARMBuntu and install it on any future ARM device ARM will be shit and not a good replacement for x86.
And the goalpost went to another dimension. If you had opened the page you would know there's a link with a bunch of pre-compiled ROMs for different architectures. But of course you didn't do that, you just want to shitpost.

>> No.70526290

>>70525993
>just compile it
Nigga, are you blind?

>> No.70526301

Is vanced safe? It has a furry background

>> No.70526308

>>70526301
what

>> No.70526349

>>70526308
the YouTube vanced app claims they have "furry developers"

>> No.70526356

>>70526349
where

>> No.70526382

works on my pocket botnet

>> No.70526385

>>70526356
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vanced/comments/9cdnf3/vanced_ama_ask_me_anything/

>> No.70526388

>>70526349
Prove it.

>> No.70526435

>>70526230
>was never about ARM
>>70523989
It was always about ARM, nigger. Who gives a shit about just muh android?
>got proven wrong
You didn't prove shit retard. See >>70524909
>universal ROM file which works on every """unlocked""" device
>every
You understand what "every device" means? The original discussion was about android 8+ being on a minority of devices. So GSI itself is irrelevant for the discussion because only a quarter of the android devices support treble.
>pre-compiled ROMs for different architectures
Ok, if this is the case then why the fuck does LineageOS or any other fork of it still not have a universal ROM for phones that are now being released and for phones that already support A9/LOS16?

>> No.70526448

>>70523629
honest question, how do I use youtube-dl in android?

>> No.70526574

>>70526448
Android has the Linux kernel, you can use the native terminal or Termux to install a GNU like Ubuntu or Arch and use their package managers to install GNU software.
See AnLinux on fdroid.

>> No.70526798
File: 93 KB, 1080x813, IMG_20190412_134530.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70526798

>>70526388

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action