Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 171 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68594440 No.68594440 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yyCMCChGt8
What the fuck happened? Why can't Intel compete?

>> No.68594474

>>68594440
>What the fuck happened? Why can't Intel compete?
To answer that question objectively, they:
>are having trouble getting their 10 nm process to work
>in the meantime, they are apparently not releasing any architectural upgrades; not sure why, but likely because they were planning to use those architectures on the new process and are cockblocked until they get it to work
>in the absence of competent competition for around a decade, they've grown complacent to some extent
>they're already making all the money they can even handle, to the extent of not even being able to produce all the silicon their customers demand

>> No.68594539

>>68594440
Krzanich happened.

>> No.68595012

>>68594539
He's gone now

>> No.68595049

>>68594440
Incel pentiu

>> No.68595062

>>68595012
Good. Expect a comeback in 5 years.

>> No.68595143

>>68594440
because typically people buy cheaper stuff because it's cheaper.

amd isn't better than intel for gaming, which is what the majority of the custom pc market is, if you want a cheap ryzen cpu for compiling shit sure it makes sense, but if you still want the best for gaming you'll typically buy intel.

the only objection are europeons who get a holocaust tax for intel and amd is a much cheaper option, it still doesn't eliminate the fact that intel is overall dominating the higher end market. the reason amd is doing so well is historically people buy i5s or midrange cpus to match with their higher end graphics cards.

i5s are being btfo by amd right now because they're cheaper, have more cores, better temps and are more energy efficient. the average linus tech tips viewer and /g/ consumerist is 16-25 anyway so they probably don't make very much money so a cheaper option is more attractive to them.

>> No.68595222
File: 164 KB, 1200x800, 1536694146733.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68595222

>>68595143
Or maybe it's just that Intel products have zero value, just like dirt.

>> No.68595266

>>68594440
>amd cpus are $50 cheaper than intel
>amd boards are $150 more expensive

nice try. The biggest problem with intel cpus isn't the price it's that they're so popular they're never in stock

>> No.68595291

>>68595222
then why do older intel cpus have higher single core benchmarks than anything new amd has put out?

>"j-just wait for that 7nm"
yup so amd can be somewhere between kabylake and coffeelake. it's nice to see intel have some competition but r/ayymd are fooling themselves if they think intel will fall behind in the higher end market. ryzen 7 was never meant for gaming and amd isn't even trying to match the i7s

>> No.68595566

>>68595266
Had my board since gen 1 and didnt pay but $70 for it. Are you telling me Intel is so desperate they are actually paying people to take their boards?

>> No.68596082

>>68595291
Yeah how will AMD ever catch up with those titanic 0% IPC increases kabylake and and coffee lake brought, truly they are finished

>> No.68596150
File: 125 KB, 973x1000, 1522404210930.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68596150

>>68594440
>>68595143
Really though the gaming edge is only relevant past 90 fps and most people use 60 Hz monitors or higher resolutions at which point you're much more likely to hit a gpu bottleneck.

>> No.68596170

>>68595566
>t. ryzen 3 user
a poor faggots i3 board probably costs $50, yeah

>> No.68596215

>>68596150
What do you mean it'll bottleneck? Isn't bottlenecking only when you CAN'T output the FPS of your monitor

>> No.68596302

>>68594440
>What the fuck happened? Why can't Intel compete?
they don't need to, AMD wasn't competitive for about 8 years until 2017 when ryzen happened. AMD could literally be handing out memezen CPUs for free and Intel will still be selling thanks to brand recognition.
8 Years from now? if intel stays behind R+D wise, they're absolutely out of the game, but for now they're good delivering literal joke CPUs as long as performance stays in the competitive range when compared to AMD. They already lost the "fastest CPU" zone, being forced to add the "gaming" adjetive in order to sell that 9900k literal housefire, and it worked so well for them they almost doubled the price.
Yea, intel is alright for now. If AMD survived so long delivering literal shit before Ryzen, intel can survive for many years being number 2.

>> No.68596350
File: 225 KB, 1800x850, 1541426773691.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68596350

>>68595266
No, the problem is that Intel's fabs are too garbage to keep up with the demand and the yields are shit because of their garbage fabs so for every Intel cpu sold Ryzen sells 5 times more cpus because of accelerated technology with advanced transistor efficiency and intelligent wafers.

So basically for every indian that buys an Intel CPU after staying on core2duo for 12 years 5 other people from first world countries buy Ryzen.

>> No.68596371

>>68594440
intel got too confident, while amd was preparing new tech, that seems to be fairly future-proof - at least for now.
complacency is a bitch.

>> No.68596390
File: 3.42 MB, 4366x2638, 1541545928415.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68596390

>>68596350
Whoops, wrong image, but that kind of works too.

>> No.68596736

Intel is bulldozer tier even in servers now.

>> No.68597456
File: 52 KB, 682x908, untitled-12.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68597456

>>68595291
>yup so amd can be somewhere between kabylake and coffeelake
Will incel shills ever get tired of lying? Zen+ us within 5% of Coffee Lake in IPC in non memory sensitive workloads, and within 15% of Coffee Lake in overall performance at ~15% lower clocks.

Zen2 is slated to simultaneously increase clocks, increase IPC, and decrease memory latency. With only a 15% overall performance gap to close, surpassing Coffee Lake is an extremely safe bet barring an absolutely colossal fuckup.

>> No.68597501

>>68594440
Diversity. Intel is the USA's most Just company. This si what dividing the focus of an organization does.

>> No.68597974
File: 34 KB, 698x396, 1539107572471.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68597974

>> No.68598058

>>68595291
>if they think intel will fall behind in the higher end market.
amd killed hedt market with threadripper. Intel can't compete there.

>> No.68598063
File: 368 KB, 845x557, 550.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68598063

>>68594440

>> No.68598084

>>68596350
>>68596390
>when your amd shill folder is just too full

>> No.68598097

>>68598084
>when you're an indian with a core2duo shilling for intel to get enough rupees to upgrade to 8600k

>> No.68598117

>>68598097
>India
>8600K
More like 8100.

>> No.68598168
File: 359 KB, 1325x934, 1540489405904.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68598168

I'm ashamed to be a Romanian even more now, pajeets and gypsy shitskins are brainwashed by Intel. Intel always appeals so shithole countries more.

>> No.68598230

>>68598058
consumer grade like the ryzen 7 and i7 series. only aspies buy those server-tier processors.

>> No.68598279

>>68598230
that's not high end market. that's just main stream.

>> No.68598290

>>68596390
>>68598084
notice the cucked german shilling amd. wouldn't be surprised if he works for them. i'd like for half of these amd shills to post their speccy half the time they're on some shitty laptop that uses an intel cpu btw.

i'm 95% certain half of the amd shills are just amd employees looking to pawn their cpus off on poorfags and underages on /g/

>> No.68598314

>>68598168
Fucking wow, 2600 is three times cheaper than 8700k? Who the fuck buys 8700!!!

>> No.68598333

>>68595266
>amd cpus are $50 cheaper than intel
>amd boards are $150 more expensive
The only time this is true is when you're talking about the cheapest AMD CPU on the HEDT x399 platform (Threadripper 1920X) vs the most expensive Intel CPU on the mainstream z370/z390 platform (i9 9900k)

Go apples-to-apples and you'll find AMD motherboards priced either competitively or even lower, depending on your needs (such as overclocking being available on the mid-tier AM4 boards vs on upper-tier Coffee Lake boards)

>> No.68598346

>>68598290
Germans tend to only buy quality products with sensible pricing. It's also because of poor relations between israel and Germany Germans just don't want to buy jewish products.

>> No.68598404

>>68598168
how can anyone in Romania afford intel? from when I visited it seemed like only prostitutes and camgirls had money.

>> No.68598407

>>68598333
it's simple. higher end cpus like the ryzen 7 and i7 are closer priced when you factor in ram.

even the midrange prices like a ryzen 5 vs an i5 come to the intel bundle being about $50 more expensive, at least here in the united states. idk why people act like there's such a gap. then again you'd be retarded to buy an i5 over a ryzen 5 cpu right now.

>>68598346
is that why they allow the jews to control their country with an egalitarian agenda?

also
>china
>quality
heh

>> No.68598422

>>68598407
they have a 300BN trade surplus so they're doing something right.

>> No.68598465
File: 26 KB, 250x376, abe-tiresome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68598465

>>68598063
>mfw kids still fall for Advanced Micro Dick's Assripper meme

>> No.68598473

>>68598346
>germans tend to only buy quality products
confirmed never having owned a BMW or Mercedes

>> No.68598514

>>68598473
>chevy
>GM
>ford
yikes

>> No.68598641

>>68598514
>honda
>toyota
even
>kia

asian cars are clearly the best

>> No.68598892

>>68598290
Pajeentel please.

>> No.68598919
File: 340 KB, 1037x311, 1537419972674.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68598919

>that one retarded intel shitter faggot who defends his jewish satanic overlords

>> No.68598963

>>68598465
How's that chiller going?

>> No.68599199

>>68596736
AMDfags like to say this, but even the most powerful 5gz bulldozer of it's day was before by older Intel cpus, and the 5/5.1ghz i9 is actually way more powerful than what and has.

>> No.68599218

>>68597456
I'd like to see the hardware used on each build for that graph.

>> No.68599232

>>68598514
>yikes
Not a truck lover?

>> No.68599368

>>68596302
>8 Years from now? if intel stays behind R+D wise, they're absolutely out of the game
And we already know they ensured that wouldn't happen when they hired Jim Keller.

>> No.68599441

>>68597456
>buying new hardware
You literally could go to Ebay right now and get a 4790k, a good Z97 board and 16GB of DDR3 RAM for like $300.

Compare that to Ryzen where even with a 2600 being $150, would come to roughly about $400-$450 with a decent board and 3200 DDR4 memory.

You'll get similar results in terms of stock. The 4790k will overclock much better and also be cooler. So much for a budget option.

>> No.68599694

>>68598514
>>68598473
all five of them are shit, japan is the only country that makes good cars

>> No.68599705
File: 431 KB, 556x644, 034766b4941fb5743e3b1ddf33d6a1f34840632c940ba4a7bd30ff0e44e19a43.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68599705

>>68599199
>5/5.1ghz i9 is actually way more powerful than what and has.
>7% by being a full ghz faster
>way more powerful
>7%
>way more powerful

>> No.68600009

>>68599441
Does the 4790k even have a cooler?

>> No.68600122

>>68596170
A 1700, but yeah, I'm not willing to spend money for the sake of saying I spent it.

>> No.68600133

>>68598063
How to rip Intel a new asshole.

>> No.68600161

>>68599441
>4 cores
Corelets will never learn because they are too busy playing BFV with their gay pals.

>> No.68600191

>>68599441
>comparing old used vs new generation hardware
>ironically it's still probably as good as a current gen Intel platform

16gb of 3000mhz ddr4 is about 100$, a regular old B450 board is another 60-100$
A ryzen 2600 system would be more like 350$, and has a decent stock cooler
While you would need to buy a cooler for a 4790k if the used bundle you get doesn't have one already

>> No.68600569

Lads my 3570k is getting old should I get a 1600 or 2600? The 1600 is $30 cheaper

>> No.68601404

>>68599441
>The 4790k will overclock much better
stop peddling this lie, those cpus have TIM issues and barely clock past boost

>> No.68601454

>>68601404
literally a simple google search can btfo any ayymd shill. the devils canyon cpus were great and super overclockable and temps were not an issue.

>> No.68601681

>>68595143
>because typically people buy cheaper stuff because it's cheaper.

This simply isn't true. Intel has record sales figures and AMD's market share has continued to crater for months in a row.

>> No.68601746

>>68598290
AMD doesn't have money for shills. You on the other hand clearly get paid by Intel.

>> No.68601809

>>68601746
yeah i'm shilling for intel after i admitted that ryzen 5 blows the i5 the fuck out. spit any truth towards r/amd and they instantly think you're some team blue shill

>> No.68601883

>>68601809
>yeah i'm shilling for intel after i admitted that ryzen 5 blows the i5 the fuck out. spit any truth towards r/amd and they instantly think you're some team blue shill
Nothing of that sort was said in your comment, shill

>> No.68601887
File: 22 KB, 400x400, 1542061245740.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68601887

>>68594474
>are having trouble getting their 10 nm process to work
Because the'yre trying to implement COAG and Cobalt-liners at the same time, they taken too much on their plate

>in the meantime, they are apparently not releasing any architectural upgrades; not sure why, but likely because they were planning to use those architectures on the new process and are cockblocked until they get it to work.
It's cheaper to remove a few protections here and there and said you made it faster, people don't care.

>they're already making all the money they can even handle, to the extent of not even being able to produce all the silicon their customers demand.
This, people say their fabs are overburdened like it's a bad thing, they're literally moving so much product that they afford to hike the prices due to poor supply.

>> No.68601911

>>68599441
>buying LGA1150 when AM4 will be supported for years to come

Yeah, smart move.

>> No.68602066

>>68601911
I see people saying this. Who the fuck is going to buy a CPU every other year? I don't upgrade my PC more than every 5 years.

>> No.68602071

>>68594440
why everyone made the same video?
are they a cartel?

>> No.68602093

>>68595266
pajeet and his lies.
my b450 mobo is $55.
so intel will give $100 for their mobos?
how do i get one?

>> No.68602137

>>68596082
Ryzen was supposed to be the "catch up". Now we are already in the "just wait for the next gen" mode back that we all know and love from AMD fanboys.

Just let that sink in AMD is currently STILL struggling to completely BTFO a ~4 year old architecture.

>> No.68602172

>>68598097
>not having to upgrade your CPU every year is a bad thing

I guess it's because the whole "BLUE GUY = EXPENSIVE = BAD :((" won't work anymore when people realize that you only have to buy an intel CPU every 6 years or so. AMD on the other hand.. people were already switching from zen to zen+ (after 1 year!) and will most likely switch to zen2 aswell. That's 3 CPU upgrades in a span of 3 years, that's gotta be expensive.

>> No.68602265

A socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear.

>> No.68602324

>>68602066
I do it all the time. I then repurpose or resell the old one. I plan to use my 1700x for another a server build when Zen 2 is released.

>> No.68602344

>>68602172
Someone is always upgrading to new generation, that is not the point. Point is that if you wish to change your CPU generation on AMD all you need to do is get a new CPU while on the blue side you need to get CPU/MB

>> No.68602371

>>68602066

Because unlike Intel who release a new socket every 7 minutes, having a consistent socket allows you to upgrade and sell the only CPU since you're not replacing everything.

When you can sell your last processor for about 60% of its price easily, you can upgrade every year to the newest Zen for about $80-$100, hardly a bad cost proposition to keep having the top option.

Meanwhile every year it'll cost you a new mobo as well with Intel.

>> No.68602377

>>68602344
>that is not the point
It is. Because this decides whether it's a big deal or just another "BLUE GUY = BAD" type of argument.


Even the biggest shills (linked in OP) admitted that the AMD CPU they've used for editiong already showed signs of age so they had to switch to a threadripper ($900 CPU) just to be able to work.

>> No.68602384

>>68602137
Ryzen already caught up, the just wait part is for intel to get obliterated and unable to compete if it wasn't for marketing.

>> No.68602389

>>68599232

Oh you're one of those dumb shit Americans who fell for the truck meme. Yeah bro load up that F450 with another $800 in gas to drive to and from your desk job.

>> No.68602498

>>68599441
i literally have that build and you are retarded if you think that ryzen 2600 will have similar results. Unless all you do is play AAA titles with a dual gtx 1080ti ryzen will perform better at everything, and if its a budget build your fucking gpu will 100% be the bottleneck.

>> No.68603111

>>68594440
If AMD shills complain about Linus being on Intel's payroll this guy is obviously on AMD's checkbook

>> No.68603141

AMDrones forget that it took them 10 years just to catch up to current and maxed out Intel Core architecture.

>> No.68603236

>>68600161
BFV is unplayable on quad cores lol.

>> No.68603549
File: 1.13 MB, 1388x781, 1650.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68603549

>>68599441
>>68600191
>>68602498
Or go to aliexpress, get a xeon E5-1650 v2, huanan x79 board and 16GB of ddr3 ecc ram for less than $300.

You will beat ryzen for much cheaper and absolutely destroy an old i5.

>> No.68603636
File: 51 KB, 406x410, YIpIbbbVPnM.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68603636

>>68603549
>tfw can't find similar ram for dual mode
>it's probably will cost a lot like ddr4 ram

>> No.68604043

>>68594440
I'm planning on getting an i7-7700k is it any good? That's the best thing I can get for my motherboard, or should I change the mothermoard and get something better? Help me out guys,thanks

>> No.68604828
File: 49 KB, 586x578, 1541896477601.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68604828

>>68603141
Intel is still playing catch up since 2017. And fail again and again.

>> No.68604866

>youtube consumer tech channels

>> No.68604920

>>68603549
This image is bullshit the intel cpu has a ridiculous overclock and ryzen is at stock speeds this isnt a fair comparison.

>> No.68604933
File: 1.74 MB, 2620x3416, 1539714671002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68604933

>>68594440
This guy is on amd's payroll

>> No.68605008

>>68595143
>the only objection are europeons who get a holocaust tax for intel
top jej, this 100%

>> No.68605027

>>68595222
>Or maybe it's just that Intel products have zero value, just like dirt.
>just like dirt
Daily reminder that Silicon Dioxide, the main ingredient in sand dirt, is used for making die wafers, and is also used on the circuit boards.

揮 金 如 土


>> No.68605040
File: 1.32 MB, 1599x793, 1541043086769.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68605040

>>68604933
Nice try LinusShillTips

>> No.68605063

>>68603549
>Ryzen at 3725MHz
Kys retarded faggot.

>> No.68605071

>>68594440
I would rather pay attention to Steve desu, but it does seem like AMD has an advantage now in workstation builds and budget builds.

>> No.68605088

>>68602172
>you only have to buy an intel CPU every 6 years
Still on phenom from 2008 and i don't plan on upgrading until it dies.

>> No.68605091

>>68594440
Companies have certain duties and obligations towards society.
Intel is busy fulfilling those duties and is in a stronger state than ever. Not everything has to be about competition and money. If anything the current mindset of AMD is that of sociopathethic losers.

>> No.68605101

>>68602172
pretty dumb argument. I know people who went 7700k>8700k>9900k

>> No.68605111
File: 46 KB, 700x504, 1504904207563.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68605111

Imagine defending your favourite CPU manufacturer in an internet argument. Imagine actually having a favourite CPU manufacturer

>> No.68605131

>>68602137
>Just let that sink in AMD is currently STILL struggling to completely BTFO a ~4 year old architecture.
A 6950x was $1,700 in Q2 2016 and is BTFO in every way by a $310 2700x. For any workload outside of high refresh rate gaming and niche highly single threaded applications, AMD is already better.

Zen2 will just address the two things that have been holding Zen+ back in single threaded applications, clocks and memory latency, while also meaningfully increasing IPC. People are excited because Zen2 looks to be a pretty significant across the board uplift in performance and extremely likely to end up better than Coffee Lake at every single workload. Meanwhile, Intel can no longer add any more cores or clocks on 14nm+++++++ so the 9900k will be the effective ceiling on their mainstream socket performance until they develop a new architecture and a node shrink, which isn't happening before 2021.

>> No.68605136
File: 704 KB, 1655x1235, perclockperformance.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68605136

>>68602384
>>68602137
>>68596082
Ryzen didn't catch up, but they're within 10% now when comparing clock-for-clock performance.

Meanwhile, Intel hasn't had a single increase in clock-for-clock since Haswell (srsly).

Source: Passmark stats

>> No.68605152

>>68602137
ryzen has been faster for my workloads since day one, the 9900k only just barely caught up and only with the cooling to keep it at 5GHz constantly.

>> No.68605153

>>68605136
Wait, doesn't Passmark have the problem of allowing benchmarks of overclocked systems without accurately recording the overclocked clocks set on those systems? Would that skew the data?

>> No.68605180

>>68604933
retards buying after market coolers
kys

>> No.68605181

>>68605153
Yes, but the issue is basically all AMD CPUs are overclockable so if you filter out OCable chips there's no AMD chips to compare to.

However, filtering it out for Intel shows the same results, Intel has had zero improvement since Haswell (which is in line with what Intel states - that their IPC hasn't changed since Haswell).

The bottom line is that AMD is still behind by about 10% but is catching up, while Intel has done nothing for their per-clock performance since Haswell, instead opting to shrink dies so they can clock higher (due to less power/heat) instead of squeezing out better performance from existing clocks.

>> No.68605187

>>68605181
>What is Athlon 200GE
>What is A320 Chipset
>What is overclockable

>> No.68605201

>>68605187
What?

>> No.68605208

>>68605187
That's a sample size of one and it doesn't show any different results.

>> No.68605241
File: 11 KB, 200x198, 1528330829095.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68605241

>>68594440
>/g/ then
>x86 CPUs are all bad because they use proprietary
>/g/ now
>LOL AMD good Intel bad
What the fuck happened?

>> No.68605255

>>68605241
You have to be austistically stubborn to keep holding those ideals you have to compromise.

>> No.68605256

>>68594440
Intcels BTFO!

>> No.68605320

>>68604933
lmao btfo

>> No.68605322

>>68605241
the truly hardcore freetards are actually a tiny minority

>> No.68605332

>>68605136
Nobody who respects himself uses pissmark, most people use cinebench

>> No.68605334

>>68604933
Too bad the Intel CPU is now $50 more expensive meaning the AMD build can be achieved for the same price, by your own calculations :^)

>> No.68605350
File: 470 KB, 1536x2048, 1541538140567.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68605350

>>68605334
Yeah but he's a retarded intel shill so he's gotta shill that image with outdated prices to push his diversit and jewish agenda.

>> No.68605393

>>68605332
Cinebench isn't a good indicator of overall performance because it's just rendering. Passmark is much more balanced.

Whatever helps feed your delusion goy.

>> No.68605476

typical AMD shill thread.

reminder that AMD has been a meme stock on /r/wallstreetbets (400k subscribers) for a while now and memes of AMD and lisa su are are regularly highly upvoted there. /r/AMD and /r/ayyMD have 200k subscribers between them and stock price updates and those same lisa su memes are regularly submitted and upvoted there. the generic hardware subreddit is absolutely infested with AMD fanboys who clearly have an actual vested interest in pushing their pro-AMD agenda, and are also obviously here shilling in their own self interest. people joke about (((intel))) but it's actually AMD and their cucked shills you can't trust

>> No.68605486

>>68594440
Intel and Apple are the staple of modern economy; if you don't have any money or are unpatriotic feel free to buy AMD/Android

>> No.68605505

This level of damage control from Intelaviv is fucking hilarious.

>> No.68605522

>>68605241
Board got filled with /v/ kids, mactoddlers and /pol/

>> No.68605547

>>68600569
Could go either way, but I'd probably pick the 1600. It comes with a better cooler and 2600 isn't THAT much better.

>> No.68605550

>>68605486
>Android is a company
>Google isn't American
Imagine being this retarded.

>> No.68605566

>>68605241
Dumb attention whoring anime pedo scum like you came here.

>> No.68605571

>>68605393
Fuck off pissmark is shit

>> No.68605578

>>68605136
What's next, goybench? You fucking shitter.

>> No.68605583

>>68605550
95% of android phones are chink garbage
Google is as anti-US as there is. They're a liberal shithold company that'd rather collaborate with commies than develop DoD projects

>> No.68605588
File: 48 KB, 1221x380, Intlel_btfo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68605588

>>68599441
>Compare that to Ryzen where even with a 2600 being $150, would come to roughly about $400-$450 with a decent board and 3200 DDR4 memory.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vvkkjy
As much as I love the simple gaming centric platform the Haswel i7s gave us, I've got some bad news for you.

>> No.68605593
File: 324 KB, 882x758, 1506977173618.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68605593

>>68605505
PLES BUY INTEL SIRS NEED TO UPGRADING FROM CORE2DUO SHILING GIVES RUPEES OK?

>> No.68605604

>>68603549
You're talking about the "X79" motherboards that actually use an H77 chipset and an inadequate VRM?

>> No.68605611

>>68605241
The guys who most bitch about x86 are too busy messing with their new POWER9 computers.

>> No.68605623

>>68596170
>he thinks you need to pay more for your board if you get a more expensive cpu

lmao maybe on intel to be able to overclock

you can get a 2700x with a last gen b350 budge board for $60 and totally ok, maybe a few 100mhz off the max OC

>> No.68605628

>>68596350
>>68596390
SHILL HARDER YOU FUCKING INTEL SHILLS RYZEN IS SELLING LIKE HOT CAKES

>> No.68605641

>imagine making this thread
these threads are shit and all of you are fags. every single one of you. please fuck off forever

>> No.68605646

>>68605628
lol no. Ryzen was AMD's death throe. They literally have no responses to Intel's 10nm.

>> No.68605653

>>68602172
>Intel doesn't improve their product in six years = people don't upgrade
>AMD improves their product over the one year = ???

>> No.68605654
File: 74 KB, 686x773, 1539964418227.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68605654

>>68605646
INTEL 10NM SUPERPOWER BY 2020

>> No.68605667

>>68605646
>Intel's 10nm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.68605790

8 core Zen CCX, lmoa intel shitters BTFO

>> No.68605850

>>68605505
Kek this.

>every.fucking.time

>> No.68605865

Shills going into full delusion mode. It's a beautiful sight when even the straws they are trying so desperately to grasp are out of reach.

>> No.68606015

>>68605865
delid dis

>> No.68606084
File: 838 KB, 580x742, Epyctler.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68606084

intelcucks on suicide watch

>> No.68606246

>>68605667
Intel's 10nm is more advanced than TSMC's 5nm. And you can already buy it.

>> No.68606262

>>68606246
Intel 10nm superpower by 2030!

>> No.68606272

>>68606246
"And you can already buy it."
I'd like for you to point out these 10nm products... oh wait, you cant.

BECAUSE THEY DONT FUCKING EXIST.

>> No.68606305

>>68606272
A simple google proves you wrong.

>> No.68606387

>>68605136
>amd blue intel orange
>passmark
>unironically

>> No.68606399

>>68606387
Just wait for goybench points.

>> No.68606453

>>68594440
is that guy a chosen one?

>> No.68607129
File: 36 KB, 719x300, thank you for supporting us.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68607129

>>68602093

>> No.68607272

People who purchased 1st gen Ryzen with the aim of changing their CPU the following year are retarded. You end up with an older motherboard with less features and less performance to match the CPU. If you buy it because you are poor and don't upgrade for several years then that is fine. Same with people like me who are waiting for performance to be worth the upgrade from their current setup. I have 4770K and am debating on whether to go Zen 2 or Zen 2+ (since Zen 2+ will no doubt have DDR5 by then).
The whole upgradeability thing is a bit silly and a meme. Buy what you need now or wait until you have a reason to upgrade later for better tech. Including better tech on the motherboard.

>> No.68607283

>>68603236
Well whatever the equivalent is. Fortnite perhaps.

>> No.68607291

>>68607272
>(since Zen 2+ will no doubt have DDR5 by then).
Lolno. DDR5 will be on mainstream desktops in 2021 at the earliest.

>> No.68607322

>>68604920
>>68604933
>He keeps on posting it even though it's been debuncked several times already

>> No.68607336

>>68605071
>but it does seem like AMD has an advantage now in workstation builds and budget builds.
What is kikeripper
What is EPYC

>> No.68607344

>>68605111
I hate them all. I just hate Intel more so.

>> No.68607345

>>68607129
tfw my b350 mobo has realtek gb lan, avoided the jew into the chink.

>> No.68607365

What's funny is that by the time the 9900K becomes available and affordable, Zen 2 will have dropped and BTFO of it.

>> No.68607535

>>68607291
I'll probaby get Zen 2 then. But it will depend on reviews and how my finances are next year. The 4770K is old but still works well for 'most' tasks. I would like a bit of an uplift in memory sensitive and multithreading loads though. I've noticed some lag in browsing when a lot of tabs are open for instance and doing stuff like updating my movie database or the odd game that does not scale well on 4 cores.

>> No.68607575

>>68602066
>I see people saying this. Who the fuck is going to buy a CPU every other year? I don't upgrade my PC more than every 5 years.

Nobody does. It's just AMD fanboys grasping at straws.

AM4 mobos are not even easily upgradable anyway - lots of first gen mobos are already incompatible with the summit ridge/pinnacle ridge rebrand. It will be even worse for znver2.

>> No.68607667

>>68607575
>lots of first gen mobos are already incompatible with the summit ridge/pinnacle ridge rebrand
List 3. I can guarantee that except for maybe one or two edge cases, they're all compatible if you have updated BIOS.

>> No.68607681

>>68601681
>This simply isn't true. Intel has record sales figures and AMD's market share has continued to crater for months in a row.
lmao

>> No.68607703 [DELETED] 

>>68607322
He's an NPC.

>> No.68607754

>>68607345
>>68607129
>buying a "gaming" mobo and not getting the better "gaming" cpu

amd fags, everyone...

>> No.68607762

>>68607754
really grasping for that post

>> No.68607797
File: 205 KB, 807x745, 1542027477262.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68607797

>>68607365
NONONONO PLEASE BUY INTEL
WAIT FOR 10NM

>> No.68607812

>>68607336
Threadripper will always be a workstation-oriented CPU whether you like it or not. That should be obvious given that the cheaper mb are still $280+ for the previous gen.
Middle-end computing is split up between those who primarily need single-threaded performance like gaymurrs and digital artists and those who don't need just that - who would then be better served by an AMD CPU. Stop being a retard.

>> No.68608038

>>68607762
>gasping
>stating facts

nice try

>> No.68608048

>bought 4790k for around 300$ in 2015
>on used market it's still worth the same
what the fuck is going on?

>> No.68608110

>>68607575
You don't always upgrade but it's a nice option to have.
Let's say for example that you had purchased a 1600 when Zen first came out. The refresh with 2600 wasn't a large uplift. Say Zen 2 is reasonable uplift. But you are happy with what you have. Zen 3 hits and you are tempted. But you wait patiently for Zen 3+ to see if the uplift is really worth it or not. Heck if it's $160. Why the fuck not?
You switch the processors out and get a 16 core CPU running at 5Ghz all cores and and IPC uplift of 30% or more (wild guess based on the rate AMD is moving with their Zen line).

Zen is giving more IPC uplift per year than Intel has had in the last 10. Zen 2 is going to be around 10-15% uplift in IPC. Who knows what Zen 3+ could bring.

5 years is a long time when a company like AMD comes along with something like Zen.

>> No.68608132

>>68607812
My bad. I read it as 'does not'. I accept you calling me retarded for that.

>> No.68608516

>>68608048
Jews.

>> No.68608540

>>68608110
>Let's say for example that you had purchased a 1600 when Zen first came out. The refresh with 2600 wasn't a large uplift. Say Zen 2 is reasonable uplift. But you are happy with what you have. Zen 3 hits and you are tempted. But you wait patiently for Zen 3+ to see if the uplift is really worth it or not. Heck if it's $160. Why the fuck not?

Zen 2 will be the last uarch released for AM4 per AMD's own statements, so your argument doesn't make sense.

> Zen is giving more IPC uplift per year than Intel has had in the last 10. Zen 2 is going to be around 10-15% uplift in IPC.

Pinnacle ridge didn't bring any IPC uplift and we already know from leaked ES benchmarks that icelake is at least a 15% ipc increase over coffee lake.

AMD is purely a budget brand, and will remain so for the forseeable future.

>> No.68608548
File: 25 KB, 600x501, 1409660912669.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68608548

AMD is trying to recoup profits by building processors that test the limits of physics while Intel is looking for different options. The whole thing is going to blow up in AMD's face when they end up with a lot of salty customers, chips that leak electrons past the logic gates, and error prone machines while Intel makes beaucoup bucks by leasing SSH access to Quantum Computers stationed on the moon.

2024 is when AMD stock goes back to zero. Dont be left bagholding.

>> No.68608556

>>68595143

>AMD isn't better for gaming

Is a statement that is extremely subjective. If all you do is primarily pay triple-A titles that are console ports that run like ass, then yeah; you need an Intel 8700K or in the range off. The IPC and clockspeed there matters. But if you're playing independent studio titles & double-A titles, everything AMD offers pretty much is THE BEST for gaming at every price/performance point.

The video in OP's post basically proves that.

>> No.68608565

>>68608548
Go back to writing shitty fan fiction.

>> No.68608574
File: 19 KB, 183x232, 4d6[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68608574

>>68597974
>a jewish woman
i hope you goys are happy

>> No.68608591

>>68607129

What about it? Intel's NIC controllers are fucking amazing. That's an absolute fact. They completely BTFO MediaTek and any other competitors for their price/performance threshold. I may dislike Intel's CPU business practices, but make no mistake, I'd easily drop coin on a good Intel NIC card.

>> No.68608609

>>68608574
rent-free

>> No.68608639
File: 763 KB, 108x160, alien_dancing.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68608639

>>68608565
>shitty fan fiction
Open up a book and learn for once, silly NEET. The chips cant physically get any smaller without quantum physics coming into play and electron tunneling fucking everything up. AMD is barking up the wrong tree and Intel is letting them 'catch up' because they're investing into R&D for alternatives to the dead end we are currently at. AMD is setting themselves up to get left behind by ignoring universal truths and trying to make advancements with a technology thats already had its limits pushed. They're effectively chaining themselves ti technology that will be severely outdated in the next half decade while simultaneously making it so they cant be players in the new market due to money constraints.

Anyone with a half brain and anactual interest in computer architecture can see what AMD is doing to themselves at the moment isnt smart.

>> No.68608647

>>68608591
I can vouch for that. Solid performers for many years. Unlike those cheap chipset NIC's where you have to mess with the NIC settings to get them to run at 1Gbit stable.
Optane is overpriced though.

>> No.68608656

>>68608639

(you)

>> No.68608664
File: 343 KB, 1218x1600, 03_Adolf_Hitler_(Mein_Kampf).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68608664

>>68608639
>Intel has this magical processor up it's sleeve that is going to BTFO AMD. Just you wait. You'll see.
Your oven awaits good sir.

>> No.68608676
File: 50 KB, 640x800, tumblr_pi3s9mvd4X1t0tbdvo1_640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68608676

>>68608656
>>68608664
Yeah, I'd probably resort to shitposting if I was out of my element like you are too.

>> No.68608726
File: 429 KB, 1066x600, 1525353398975.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68608726

It's mostly indians and chinese who buy Intel anymore. This is a fact.

>> No.68608737

>>68608540
>Zen 2 will be the last uarch released for AM4 per AMD's own statements,
By AMD's own statements, AM4 will be supported until 2020. That means either Zen2+ or Zen3 will also be on AM4.

>> No.68608756

>>68608726
>j-just buy the cheapest cpu for your money. th-the best b-bang for the buck!
>i-i'm not poor i bought amd because i'm not a kike shill heh
>w-wow those indians and chinese bought intel because it's roughly the same price. f-fucking idiots!

back to /pol/ retard

>> No.68608807

>>68608756
|
|>
|3
|
|

>> No.68608941

>>68608676
>My dad works for Nintendo

>> No.68608999

>>68605571
>>68605578
>>68606399

Samefagging brainlet

>> No.68609019

>>68608999
CHECKED and BASED.

>> No.68609568

>>68608737
Zen on 7nm+ will definitely be on AM4

>> No.68609584

>>68608737
>By AMD's own statements, AM4 will be supported until 2020.

Zen 3 won't be launched until 2021.

>> No.68609614

>>68608756
LMOA indian chink detected

>> No.68609658

>>68609584
Well Zen 2+ may still be a big improvement over a gen 1 Ryzen processor to be worth it. Going from a 6 core 1600 clocked at 3.6Ghz boost to 8 core by then clocked at 5Ghz with a 20% IPC uplift in 4 years for $170 does not seem like a bad investment to me. What are you poor?
But you could always stick with Intel and their 2% IPC uplift per year.

>> No.68610698
File: 57 KB, 678x924, untitled-12.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68610698

Soo
Is Rome 64 core going to break Cinebench? I've heard the program has issues using THAT many cores.

>> No.68610777

>>68594440
>AMD Unboxed
Whatever makes you sleep at night buddy.

>> No.68610874

>>68610698
It's not Cinebench it breaks. It's Windows.

>> No.68610882

Awful lot of incel cope in this thread.

>> No.68610890

>>68610777
>Whatever makes your trips buddy.
I cannot wait for Linus Techtips to go full AMD shill next year.

>> No.68610908

cause intel thinks they are in a position to overprice everything like razer, cause they think amd isnt a threat. They underestimated them.

>> No.68611503

>>68608941
And?

>> No.68611588

>>68611503
Newfag detected

>> No.68611663

>>68606305
wtf I love low power dual cores

>> No.68611710

>>68606084
The Hitler reflection was a nice touch.

>> No.68613439

>>68608540
>Zen 2 will be the last uarch released for AM4 per AMD's own statements, so your argument doesn't make sense
No they didn't...
>>68610777
The excuse when something doesn't go the way of someone's own aligned fanboyism.
>"oh yeah? w-w-well they must be profits of my enemy!"
Fanboys were a mistake.

>> No.68613451

>>68608999
2 out of 3. Whatever helps you sleep at night, goybench man.

>> No.68613470

>>68611663
Quad core? What do you need dual core for?

>> No.68613520

>>68613470
hyper threading?

>> No.68613586

>>68613520
Hyperthreading is a security flaw. Here's your single core CPU bro.

>> No.68613612
File: 198 KB, 800x994, 1542895703906.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68613612

>>68605241
>LOL AMD good Intel bad
Other way around. ORANGE LOGO BAD

>> No.68614071

https://egg.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/jisaku/1541664180?v=pc

5ch talking about cpus is so much more peaceful and informative compared to the absolute autism of people on /g/

>> No.68614369

>>68600569
1600 comes with a better cooler.

>> No.68614430

>>68600569
>>68605547
>>68614369
do not get the 1600. wait until zen 2 to see what happens. going from a 3570k is the biggest sidegrade you could make.

>> No.68614534

>>68614071
It's because they aren't infected with gaymur AIDS.

>> No.68614559 [DELETED] 

>>68609584
Amd is not planning zen 2+

>> No.68614755

>>68596390
>India and China
Poo and chink shit.

>> No.68614779

>>68599441
>4790k
>not 4930k
In the fucking trash it goes.

>> No.68614926

>>68614779
This.
HEDT is best DT.

>> No.68615425

Cheap CPUs are good enough for pron games.

>> No.68616258

>>68605646
Zen2 will be 7nm dipshit

>> No.68617296

>>68605241
People accepted nothing supports power, sparc, mips, ect...

>> No.68617351

>>68605611
>LE IBM GOOD
>LE IBM PURE
>LE IBM IBM IBM IBM
Fuck IBM they belong in bankruptcy https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1984/08/03/ibm-w-europe-settle-argument-over-monopoly/9ac6aac8-c729-4e0c-b777-e30b3937f11d/?utm_term=.8ca5e9b78f53
Fuck off you retarded reddit newnigger zoomer faggot, LE BASED IBM is why x86 will always be dominant and why intel and microshit are too big to fail you a fucking nigger, off yourself you fucking dumb pajeet niggerfaggot. raptor and purism could put their fucking name on windows 10 ans dense niggermonkeys would use it go fuck yourself

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action