Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 73 KB, 714x800, 1531536687534.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67329826 No.67329826 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

>Apple kills the Lightning in iPhone XII because you can do everything wirelessly, showcases muh true unibody design
>Android vendors follow the case shortly after

Why is this industry such cancer?

>> No.67329847

conzoomer electronics

>> No.67329855

Will there be wongles? We're gonna need wongles.

>> No.67329856
File: 1.94 MB, 400x400, 1533551262028.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67329856

>>67329826
>android can already do everything wirelessly since 4 years ago with the S5
>applel finally catches up
>claims inventor

>> No.67329860

>>67329826
Buy as many phones you can before they do this shit so if it dies in a couple years just open up a new one from the shelf and move on with your day like nothing ever happened

>> No.67329877

>>67329855
Wireless dongles?

>> No.67329887

>>67329856
Holy shit, is he doing that to the miiverse music?

>> No.67329897

>phones get thinner and thinner
>lack of electromagnetic protection
>5g coming soon
>bigger and bigger lipo batteries

Daily reminder that if you don't want to get ball cancer have your house burn down you should stop buying into (((their))) game.

>> No.67329903

>>67329856
>the most wireless iPhone ever

>> No.67329939

Do you people expect a headphone jack in the 22nd century? Do you expect to actually have to plug your phone in? Do you expect not to have a robot?

>> No.67329967

>>67329939
I expect to be the cute little anime girl in Mark Zuckerberg's flesh database. In the 22nd century.

>> No.67329984

>>67329826
If it doesn't have a fucking notch then it can go wireless for me, no problem.

>> No.67329991

>>67329897
Any evidence of humans getting cancer from cell phone usage?

>> No.67330003

>>67329991
4chan phoneposters.

>> No.67330008

Why the humanity is growing towards creating nigga technology?

>> No.67330010

>>67330003
Haha, le epic reddit comment. See you in /r/all!

>> No.67330016

>>67329887
Looks more like Mii Channel to me. Amazing how we can tell without sound.

>> No.67330229

>>67330003
Actually made me kek

>> No.67330272

>>67329826
And I thought the lack of a headphone jack on my Essential Phone was bad.

>> No.67330302

I still can't get over how many people are so assblasted by the removal of the headphone jack. How many of you listen to music so much on your phones that you need wired headphones? Your phone can't even reproduce high quality audio anyway so who gives a fuck? Just get a cheap pair of bluetooth headdies and you're set. I've been using only bluetooth headphones with my phone for years, since way before headphone jacks got removed. It's been a welcome change to see them go.

>> No.67330320
File: 86 KB, 680x510, 1519227979826.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67330320

>>67330302

>> No.67330342

>>67330320
It's not bait, I really do not get it. Actually prove me wrong, then. What benefits do you get out of having wired headphones when you can pick up a reasonable pair of bluetooth headphones for $30? It's not like you can properly appreciate high quality audio when you're outdoors anyway. Listening to music on the go is just a means to help pass time, if I want to properly listen to something I listen to it on my home audio setup where I can properly listen to it.

>> No.67330389

>>67330302
>>67330342
I prefer earphones, wireless earphones are too easy to lose, they're expensive, you have to charge them, you have a small Li-Ion/LiPo bomb sitting on each ear, dealing with physical connections is less of a pain than dealing with Bluetooth.

>> No.67330406

>>67330389
You could always buy a wireless headphone adapter.

>> No.67330417

>>67330389
>I prefer earphones, wireless earphones are too easy to lose
Maybe if you're a retard.
>they're expensive
Maybe if you're poor
>you have to charge them
Charge them overnight, no drama.
>you have a small Li-Ion/LiPo bomb sitting on each ear
Are you being fucking serious? There is literally negligible chance of this causing an issue ever.
>dealing with physical connections is less of a pain than dealing with Bluetooth.
It really isn't. One time set up then your phone automatically detects them. In fact I would say that managing a bluetooth connection is easier than a wired connection when taking all factors into account.

>> No.67330428

>>67329826
Source? I predicted this on multiple occasions. After wireless charging and the cloud.

>> No.67330433

>>67330417
Kewl. I'll do what I want and you Applel babbys can do what you want.

>> No.67330440

sorry OP, but youre not the authority
now bend over and buy the notch phone :^)

>> No.67330456

>>67330440
>202X
>phones are now suppositories
>the sodomites won

>> No.67330467

>>67330302
>can't even reproduce high quality audio anyway
Get a fucking clue, moron. All modern DACs in smartphones are 24-bit/94kHz high-spec components capable of driving high-end headphones without degrading the audio quality.

>> No.67330499

>>67330433
I fucking hate crApple, never bought a single one of their products in my life and never will. If it takes Apple doing something for other manufacturers to wake up then so be it.

>> No.67330505

>>67330417
>ifag defending the hostile anti-consumer policy that allows companies to make more money on easy to break/lose dongles
Please, go ahead and use your inferior products limiting the user freedom as crapple sees fit. Just stop imposing your walled garden crap onto others.

>> No.67330539

>>67330499
Nice false-flag, faggot. Do something about your Stockholm syndrome.

>> No.67330541

>>67330505
See >>67330499
I guarantee I hate crApple more than you.

>> No.67330581

I just want a phone with 2 USB ports.

>> No.67330589
File: 119 KB, 467x394, 0836a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67330589

>>67330302
>How many of you listen to music so much
Me, i'm addicted to music.
However i agree with you about not giving a flying fuck about 3.5mm jack on phones but that's only because i use a rockboxed DAP.

>> No.67330681

>>67330539
>hurr someone doesn't hold exactly the same dumb opinions as the average /g/tard therefore they're false-flagging
>>67330589
Yeah exactly, if I was that concerned about audio, I'd have a dedicated music player. It's the same with faggots who compare camera quality on a fucking phone. It is a fucking phone, if you want to take good pictures buy a fucking DSLR, all phone cameras don't stack up but still take pretty reasonable pictures for most people's needs.

>> No.67330818

>>67329826
Why the fuck does aplel think no one wants I/O?

>> No.67330875

>>67330681
>hurr I'm only pretending to be retarded
It's not like you couldn't use your shitty BT headphones with earlier models that had an audio jack, you fucking autist. Even if you don't need it, it doesn't mean that nobody needs it.
>hurr just use a dedicated music player
Put down your fedora for a minute. There is no reason to buy a separate device when smartphones have been perfectly capable of doing the same thing for a decade.

>> No.67330890

>>67330681
Disregarding arguments about quality, the utility of a 3.5mm audio jack is still greater than a pair of bluetooth earphones that have a perfectily functioning radio but is essentially useless because the audio producing part is fucking broken. You're clearly false flagging. Why are you trying so hard to defend something that is clearly of no benefit to you?

>> No.67330893

>>67329856
Show me where they claimed to have invented wireless charging?

Fucking /g/ is so retarded. Shit all over chrome while using literal botnet OS that drains battery like crazy, lags and is confusing as fuck to use for someone who has a life outside ricing their phone

>> No.67330900

>>67330541
No you don't. You're defending a cancer that they've unleashed upon the industry.

>> No.67330929

>>67330342
You waste $20 more for the same quality.

>> No.67331016
File: 120 KB, 314x355, 588b5d1320deae5df84a2787f64880aad619436de90c6bf20bae9b449c93ff6c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67331016

>>67329826
>getting rid of means of a way to access the phone either through recovery or access
>It'll be hailed as another tech revolution by apple, thus making people want it in their brands too
>data recovery now means having to take that phone apart if you didn't pay a rate to backup your files
>samsung says no once again to these retarded ideas, thus saving us once again.
>Its like watching a car crash in slow motion, where apple fags suffer and I just laugh.
Applefags have spent 80 dollars per dongle device they have just to watch it crash in burn in the next 2 years, and the kicker, their retarded asses will just buy wongles at 160 dollars and call it the best damn thing they've experienced.

>> No.67331056

>>67330875
>It's not like you couldn't use your shitty BT headphones with earlier models that had an audio jack, you fucking autist. Even if you don't need it, it doesn't mean that nobody needs it.
Not my problem. I'd rather it not be on the phone. It's occupying wasted space for me.
>Put down your fedora for a minute. There is no reason to buy a separate device when smartphones have been perfectly capable of doing the same thing for a decade.
Oh well, you can't go back now lol.
>>67330890
The benefit is it's one less pointless thing on the phone for me.
>>67330900
Then you're wrong, because nobody hates them more than me.
>>67330929
I spend $20 more for the benefit of not having to deal with shitty wires.

>> No.67331103

>>67331056
>it's one less pointless thing on the phone for me
It clearly doesn't affect you. It affects other people and yet you're defending this like a "welcome change". Obvious apple shill is obvious.
>Nobody hates them more than me
You're defending a cancer they've released upon the industry. A cancer that you, yourself, have admitted, doesn't affect you but you're defending it fervently, regardless of that fact. You're an obvious apple shill.
>I spend $20 more for the benefit of not having to deal with shitty wires.
Classic iToddler retardation.

>> No.67331288

>>67330302
I flew 15 hours yesterday for work, Bluetooth headsets don’t last that long, except both my iPhone and pixel 2 need dongles so I can’t charge and listen at the same time, kept having to switch between phones it was annoying as fuck

>> No.67331392

>>67331103
You completely ignored my reason. My reason was that the 3.5mm jack makes the phone unnecessarily bigger. Normal human beings are happy to pay a little bit more for the convenience of not being hassled with wires. You can keep calling me an iFag or whatever, it doesn't make me one. Again, I hate crApple more than you.

>>67331288
That's an extreme case. Also you can take a portable charger with you quite easily. And what kind of long haul flight doesn't have plug sockets on?

>> No.67331465

>>67331392
>makes the phone unnecessarily bigger
Phones are getting flatter and flatter while becoming wider and wider. Don't give me this "unnecessarily big" bullshit". Phones are way too thin nowadays. So thin that the glass has become the actual support structure.
>muh wires
Don't give me this shit either. The presence of a headphone jack doesn't affect the presence of the bluetooth radio. Stop defending this bullshit.
>"I hate crApple more than you"
>continues to defend unnecessary change
>uses the "too big" justification when phones in the ultrawide territory
Stop claiming you hate Apple. It's painfully obvious that you're just a shill justifying whatever bullshit they vomit out.

>> No.67331569

>>67331465
>Phones are getting flatter and flatter while becoming wider and wider. Don't give me this "unnecessarily big" bullshit". Phones are way too thin nowadays. So thin that the glass has become the actual support structure.
But the bigger size gives us a bigger screen, which is something I actually want, while removing the unwanted headphone jack is great for me too.

I never said any phone is 'too big', I said I want them to not occupy more space than is necessary. It really doesn't matter what you think, I guess I'll never be able to prove to you that I'm anti-Apple and you're just going to assume something that's wrong anyway. Headphone jacks are being removed by most manufacturers and screens are getting bigger, both things suit me perfectly. Sucks to be you if this isn't the case. I've been using Xiaomi phones for the last three years, before that I almost exclusively used Nexus phones except for the HTC Desire, which was technically a rebranded Nexus phone anyway. I'm getting the Pixel 3XL next and I can't wait for all its glorious screen size and no headphone jack.

>> No.67331570

>>67331392
>defends retarded thinning race gnawing at the battery capacity started by crapple
>defends removal of the useful features like a 3.5mm minijack and expendable SD card storage support started by crapple

Choke on your AIDS, itoddler shill.

>> No.67331582
File: 87 KB, 645x773, 1B205004-0548-4B83-A805-86AADB080EC1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67331582

>>67331569
>headphone jack is in the way of bigger screens

>> No.67331585

>>67331570
The lack of SD card support on many phones is fucking nothing to do with Apple. It's because phone manufacturers don't want you putting your cheap chinkshit SD cards in there and then blaming the fact that your phone runs like shit on the phone when it's the SD card causing it. Internal storage is so large on most phones now anyway, and with cloud storage support growing all the time I really have no need for an SD card on my phone. My current phone has an SD card slot but I don't use it. Also what the fuck is a 'minijack'.

>> No.67331591

>>67331582
I didn't say that though did I? Your reading comprehension fucking sucks.

>> No.67331623

>>67331585
>Also what the fuck is a 'minijack'
The absolute state of this brainlet.

>> No.67331641

>>67331569
>I said I want them to not occupy more space than is necessary
They occupy so little space. So little, in fact, that the iPhone SE was able to have one despite the fact that it's smaller than most phones today. How is it taking unnecessary space anyways? You can have a bigger screen and a headphone jack.
>unwanted headphone jack
>removing headphone jack suits you
Why are you defending this bullshit if you're so "anti-apple"? Why do you think it suits you? Either you want it or it has not effect on you. Saying "it suits you" means it's affecting you positively in some way and the only way that's possible is if you're receiving a fat ($0.03 per post) paycheck from Apple. Choke on a fucking dick, you iToddler faggot.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action