[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 68 KB, 730x596, topman_winter2013_campaign_14.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9188646 No.9188646 [Reply] [Original]

How does /fa/ feel about Topman? I'm thinking about copping some trousers online.

How's the quality?

>> No.9188720

no
stop
don't

>> No.9188816

>>9188646

This is slightly vague. First off what trousers are you getting and secondly what do you want out of it...such as do you want something new and eye-catchy or do you want something built to last?

Ultimately its up to you. If you like them then bag them. I used to shop at Topman all the time but not anymore because I found you can get better value for your money shopping elsewhere. H&M is a good start and charity shops if you're into that kind of thing. I got a Harrington jacket for 99p where on average they are £25+.

>> No.9188822

like most fast fashion it mostly sucks, but their outerwear is surprisingly decent. i still wear a trenchcoat and harrington i bought from them a few years ago and theyre holding up pretty well. i wouldn't pay more than $50 for a garment though

>> No.9188827

>>9188720
This is what grills always say to me

>> No.9188831

>>9188816
Where else do you shop? Need some cheap and good quality clothes in UK

>> No.9188844

Try House of Fraser or John Lewis for lower priced stuff.

>> No.9188937

>>9188831

Like I mentioned earlier, H&M is a good place all round I find like shirts, jumpers and trousers. Personally I tend to avoid t-shirts that say Carpe Diem or some philosophical shit but thats just my preference.

River Island is the same way as Topman in that some finds are good on occasion it just depends what you want.

If you can go to Uniqlo if there is one near you as they are pretty damn good like H&M but if youre living in the country youre better off getting them online.

I would avoid Burton if you can. This was the only Mens clothes shop in a university town I lived in for 3 years and the shirts I have had from them tend to rip easily or the buttons come off.

For shoes I tend to either shop online but if you're prefer getting shoes in person, for me I usually go to Schuh, but then theres Clarks and Foot Locker but they can be very pricey.

M&S is a firm favourite among the 40+ and elderly but they can be pretty good in quality and value too depending on what you want. A typical jumper would be £30 but that jumper can last years, like I have a couple of jumpers passed down from generation and they are just as good as bought.

Zara can be okay but theyre more clothes you'd wear on a big fancy night out but from my experience I just go in and go out empty handed.

Urban outfitters is also expensive with shirts and jumpers £50 and up although its very quirky but some of the stuff they have in there you could easily bag from a charity shop if youre lucky for dirt cheap.

Most of the time its charity shops for me so British Red Cross, Barnardos, Oxfam etc. It can be a hit and miss most the time but occasionally you find some excellent deals on jumpers and shirts etc.

>> No.9189972

>>9188646
i like it but its pretty pricie

>> No.9189976

>>9188720
Cringe. Been browsing for a week and now only touch Raf Simons right?

>> No.9190002

>>9188816
I hate charity shop culture in the UK. Charity shops have just turned into "Vintage Stoes" where shitty beat up old clothes sell for 90% of their original RRP, especially if they're decent quality. It's impossible to find decent, cheap clothes in Oxfam nowadays because they all get sent off to Old Street or Brick Lane where moronic hipsters cream themselves over the edginess and want out top dollar for the shite.

>> No.9190006

>>9188937
how poor are you

>> No.9190017

Holy fuck the cancer on /fa/ is getting ridiculous. Don't fucking buy fast fashion. Ever. You can buy actual designer stuff second hand for the retail price of shit you find on Topman and other brands mentioned in this thread. If you're a brokeboi and you're acting like you're too good to buy used shit then you should go fuck yourself.

Buying fast fashion just isn't justifiable. Everything you're wearing is either a rip off or a derivative of something that's currently in fashion. If it doesn't fall apart, then chances are it'll fit weird. If it doesn't fit weird, then it'll still look bad, guaranteed, because the quality will be so shit. It'll ultimately be a waste of money, every single time.

>>9188937
Whoever this guy is needs to fuck off from /fa/ before he hands out more shitty advice. If it were shorter, I would just tell myself he's trolling and that no one can actually be this much of a clueless fuck, but also stupid enough to post his shitty, uninformed opinions and pass them off as fact.

>> No.9190021

>>9190017
>>9188937

Top kek, this guy has probably wasted hundreds on ugly sweatshirts instead of getting a few really nice pieces

>> No.9190023

>>9190002
You need to travel to areas that people have money, ie: go to Richmond, anywhere in Surrey, some places in Kent and you will find nice clothes. Also the British heart foundation and salvation army seem to be the good charities with the nicer stuff nowadays, fuck oxfam and their trendy website

>> No.9193135

>>9190017
Ok so where would a person get their hands on secondhand designer stuff in the US?

>> No.9193191

>>9193135
eBay

>> No.9193260

The t shirts mostly very poor quality, stay away from all their basic stuff. I wear their jeans to work a lot because they're cheap and I'm always getting them dirty anyway.. they'ved lasted me years but I wouldn't wear them out apart from working

>> No.9194408

>>9193135
I'm not going to tell you, because until you actually learn what you're doing you're just going to end up wasting money anyway. If you actually care enough about this hobby instead of just dressing up to make up for your lack of personality or to fuck girls or whatever, then you should figure this shit out pretty soon anyway.

Just stop browsing /fa/ tbh, go lurk sufu or something.

>> No.9194420

>>9193260
ive had a topman basic t shirt for a few months that i wear usually once a week and it's still in very condition...

>> No.9194491

>>9194408
new money asian manlet detected /s

>> No.9196918

>>9188646
bought a sweater, its fine, just make sure to wash it first.
I had some black spots on my chest from the sweater.

Its okay, not really quality stuff tho.

Enjoy your cop

>> No.9196920

>>9194491
Resuton contributing nothing once again.

>> No.9197124

>>9188646
>bought 6 euro knit gloves from topman
>arrive home
>see 2 holes at 1 glove

>> No.9197813

I like Topman and they're the only shop that sell the kind of mens super skinny jeans (the spray on ones) that I like. Too bad it's overpriced as fuck and they've stopped selling them.

I wouldn't wear anything of theirs that's like a graphic t-shirt or just clearly from there though.