[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 23 KB, 283x320, wash your face twice daily for Best Skin Care Treatment For Women.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9179851 No.9179851 [Reply] [Original]

Is it weird that the only face care regimen that works for me is washing my face with a wet face cloth, then moisturizing with an oil-control moisturizer?

If I do more/use products when I clean it completely dries my face out and my face overcompensates with a shitton of oil, then I breakout from that oil.

Also skincare general

>> No.9180181

Friendly bump

>> No.9180230
File: 128 KB, 720x540, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9179851
What products have you tried?

>> No.9180245
File: 17 KB, 601x338, bateman-4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

>> No.9180263
File: 46 KB, 537x718, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yet another skincare thread! My favorite.

If you've found a method that works for you, then it's great! Some people don't need to do anything at all, while others only need to use moisturizers. Some people need to exfoliate on a weekly basis and use various harsh substances.

It's not strange at all for you to break out from cleaning your face, as the sebaceous glands freak out a bit when they need to compensate for the sudden lack of sebum (fat). They then produce too much sebum, and the follicles get clogged. ;_;

Keep doing whatever it is you're doing.

>> No.9180481

>>9180230
Neutrogena's gentle/oil free stuff
Cetaphil gentle and oil control stuff
Homemade sugar based exfoliate
Oil based cleanser my sister made me
Mia ultrasonic cleanser
Prescription Trentinoin shit

>>9180263
>They then produce too much sebum, and the follicles get clogged.
That's happened with me actually, over trying so many products and the glands over compensating, my folicles have become clogged - I'd really like to find a way to unclog them, then start fresh with what's been working for me

I'd be interested in reading all that though if it's yours and you'd be willing to hook an anon up?

>> No.9180483

Any tips on reducing redness?

>> No.9180542

>>9180483
If grill then it could look like permanent blush, which could be cute depending on the look you go for

>> No.9180547

>>9180542
aaaaaaaaand.. if not?

>> No.9180548

>>9180542
Not a grill. It's basically acne scarring.

>> No.9180549

>>9180481
>'d really like to find a way to unclog them, then start fresh with what's been working for me

Salicylic acid. Is fat-soluble and targets the clogs in the follicles (comedones) rather than other area of the skin (like AHA). Stridex Max Strength pads, without alcohol, is the most recc'd product everywhere. See the reviews on Amazon.

>Homemade sugar based exfoliate

Cannot recc. Mechanical dermabrasion generally creates minuscule wounds and scars. Mild chemical dermabrasion > mechanical dermabrasion. Dermabrasion is generally not req'd, though.

See "Dermabrasion" on Wikipedia.

All of the docs that I have can be found on Google. Let me know if you're interested in anything special.

>>9180483
Generally caused by the skin being too dry. Can also be caused too harsh skincare products and mild sunburn. The "dermis" (the skin layer is the second most outlying) is irritated for some reason. What is your current skincare routine?

>> No.9180556

>>9180549
Thx anon <3

>> No.9180559
File: 98 KB, 631x1379, 61Lbg43NE5L._SL1379_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9180549
I won't lie, I only wash my face like once every other day using pic related. I usually wipe my face with these alcohol pads my sister buys afterwards, too.

>> No.9180560

>>9180548
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scar#Treatments

tldr: see a doc. Silicone is a mild first step of treatment.

>> No.9180581 [DELETED] 

>>9180559
The St. Ives product is decent except for the mechanical dermabrasion. The apricot pieces actually drags that product down. But the alcohol is what is affecting your skin negatively here. Don't use pads with alcohol. ;_;

>> No.9180587

>>9180559
The St. Ives product is decent except for the mechanical dermabrasion. The walnut pieces actually drags the product down. But the alcohol is what is affecting your skin negatively here. Don't use pads with alcohol. ;_;

>> No.9180594

>>9180587
I've had the scars long before I started using those pads, but I'll stop anyway.

>> No.9180601

>>9180594
Oh, right. The acne scars goes to >>9180560

General redness would simply benefit from less alcohol, more moisture, less dermabrasion.

>> No.9180608
File: 82 KB, 640x480, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Best lip balm for cold weather?

>> No.9180704
File: 38 KB, 460x345, BadTattoosDoughboy.jpg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Got pretty bad acne n I work at a steel mill so im coming home with all kinds of shit on my face. currently using a pretty harsh cleanser for my face to get rid of most of the shit. What skincare kit would you recommend?

>> No.9180735

Haha, fuck all that shit. I bought a beard soap recently from Honest Amish that doubles as a face / body soap. That's all I use, no toners or moisturizers. Along with that and biotin pills, my face is the best it has been in a long time. Even better than when I used Cerave.

>> No.9180755

>>9180601
You didn't answer my question last time about moisturizers? Do you need a moiosturizer even if you're face doesn't feel dry?

>> No.9180763

>>9180608
My go to is Uriage. Keeps my lips moist without being greasy. I've also been using 'Avail' from Aesop. Also a great product.

>> No.9180772

>>9180608
carmex all the way

>> No.9180795

>>9180549
Not OP but I use only a facial cleanser to try and smooth out my face.

I had redness for a while (plus acne now since I'm taking fish oil) and I'd like anybody to reccomeend a care regimen

>> No.9180798

Any good wikis for people that want good skin but have no clue what to do?

>> No.9180806

>>9180549
>Let me know if you're interested in anything special.
I'd just like all of those to read over. I'm pursuing med school so it'd be interesting.

>Stridex Max Strength pads, without alcohol
Would they legit work to declog? I don't have blackheads, just sebaceous build up I think

>> No.9180815
File: 15 KB, 500x500, 215767032[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is this any good for acne? I use it as I shower every morning for my acne by scrubbing gently and letting it sit for ~5 minutes. Afterwards I use a bit of benzoyl peroxide in the morning and a bit more at night. Since I started this I don't have massive breakouts but do occasionally wake up with a pimple, I don't really understand why since the products make my skin dry, sometimes too dry.

>> No.9180834

>>9180704
What is it that you are getting in your face? Machinery grease? Metal dust?

>>9180735
That is skincare, too.

>>9180755
Apologies.
If your face doesn't feel dry, then you don't /need/ a moisturizer. But it sure is beneficial when it comes to prevent the formation of wrinkles, especially if the moisturizer is UV-protecting. It can also give your skin a nice glow.

>>9180795
Moisturize. CeraVe or others might work. See reviews on Amazon. Don't know if there has been an established link between fish oil supplements and acne. If you want to combat acne then I would recommend the weaker form of Stridex (without alcohol), and/or "Oil Cleansing Method".

>> No.9180868
File: 121 KB, 1302x649, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9180834
Grease, Tar, metal dust, coke dust. All kinds of shit. I try and wash it throughout the day but best I can do is water+rag to get the shit off and I obv dont wanna scrub my face with a abrasive cloth very often

>> No.9180901

>almost 2015
>still falling for the skin care product troll

i literally use nothing but cold water on my face and have perfectly clear skin

>> No.9180912

>>9180901
Good for you, fool. Lot of people could use advice. Nobody is trolling but you.

>> No.9180923

>>9180901

Well mine isn't perfect. So i'm trying some products

>> No.9180932

>>9180834
if my moisturizer has sunscreen in it, can i use it before i go to bed? i saw someone asked that in the other thread and i'm really curious

>> No.9180938

>>9180798
reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction is a fairly good resource. The moderators are unquestioned, though, and the community overall is somewhat unscientific (but better than most). They link to useful material to a varying degree. Google helps.

Also, feel free to ask anything here.

>>9180806
The documents are fairly homogeneous, as they are all related to a comedogenicity project. I can share a download link on skype. sthlm.fa

>>9180815
That product seems to cause dry skin, from reviews. It seems to also act as a mild mechanical dermabrasive. That coupled with peroxide will definitely serve to add some wear and tear to your skin and dry it out.

It's a common misconception that having dry skin can prevent you from getting acne. Having dry skin can increase the amount of sebum (skin fat) being produced in your "sebaceous glands", which can contribute to them getting clogged and infected. Flaky skin also helps this.

If you don't want to remove anything from your routine: add a good moisturizer like CeraVe (or the like). Be sure to look up reviews.

If you were to remove anything from the routine, I would remove the peroxide and replace it with salicylic acid without alcohol. Then I would replace that scrub wash with something without mechanical abrasion, and something not as drying.

>>9180868
Alright. Water + rag wont help a lot unless you also use some kind of soap-ish substance. That acts drying, too. See if "Oil Cleansing Method" would be something for you. Could work to get rid of the fat on your skin, as well as the particles that get stuck there. If you use some kind of soap-based cleaning in the evening, don't forget to moisturize.

>>9180912
>>9180923
Skincare need varies greatly between individuals. Also: don't feed. :^)

>> No.9180955

>>9180932
You /can/ use it before you go to bed, but it won't be of much use to you. Due to the health issues related to various sunscreen ingredients, you may want to avoid it (I have no opinion on the issue). Some products have a SPF-free alternative to be used - you could also use a moisturizer of a completely different brand during the night.

You may also not need a moisturizer in the evening. Depends on the skin.

>> No.9180959

>>9180549
Would stridex work for masses of blackheads on the chest area? I can keep them relatively tame and only a few will swell up if I use an exfoliating wash, but the pores just sit there slightly raised and full of shit still. I just need something to actually clean them out

>> No.9180989

>>9180959
Yep. Blackheads/"open comedones" can be treated in the same way on the face as well as on the body - one can actually use higher concentrations of substances as well since the skin is generally thicker/less sensitive on parts of the body that is not the face.

The comedones are clogs in your follicles consisting of sebum (fat) and keratin (skin/hair residues). They in all likelihood be gone by using fat-soluble salicylic acid, or by the use of "Oil Cleansing Method" (OCM). Stridex Max Strength (no alcohol) can be used for this purpose. Easier than OCM.

What is in your exfoliating wash? Mechanical abrasives would work mostly on the skin surface, rather than in on the clogs.

>> No.9181018

how good is almond oil everyday?

>> No.9181022

>>9180483
Vitamin C is great at reducing post-inflammation hyperpigmentation, also known as those red "scars" after acne. I'd recommend Paula's Choice C15 serum. which I use. It's fantastic.

>> No.9181031

>>9180938
Thank you so much.That makes a lot of sense
I will take off the peroxide, substitute for CeraVe moisturizing cream ( http://www.amazon.com/CeraVe-Moisturizing-Cream-16-Ounce/dp/B001V9SXXU/ref=sr_1_2 ) and get another type of salicylic acid lotion.
I'm noticing there salicylic acid mascaras as well as simple lotions, would either make a difference?

>> No.9181037

>>9181022
are you sure, reddit told me to stay the fuck away from lemon juice

>> No.9181044

>>9180556
You're welcome.

>>9180806
>Would they legit work to declog? I don't have blackheads, just sebaceous build up I think

Sorry, missed that question. Blackhead and whiteheads (open/closed comedones) is a kind of sebaceous buildup, but together with some keratin and dirt and bacteria. Even if you have non-pathogenic sebaceous filaments you can make them lighter and smaller since the salicylic acid acts constrictive on the openings of the follicles.

>>9181018
Somewhat comedogenic - as in: it may give you blackheads/whiteheads. Based on tests on rabbit ears. Not necessarily the same results on humans. There are other moisturizers to use that are less comedogenic.

>> No.9181049

>>9181037
the serum isn't lemon juice. it's just the vitamin, with a balanced PH, unlike lemon juice.. also look on reddit about Vit C if you'd like.

Along with sunscreen, my red marks go away in 1-2 weeks rather than persist indefinitely.

>> No.9181071

>>9181044

What do you do recommend doing with black/white heads that you already have? With time will they just go away with the salicylic acid treatment?

>> No.9181094

>>9181022
Didn't expect a 15% concentration of ascorbic acid in that. That's cool. The optimum absorption levels are reached at 20%.

>>9181037
Lemon juice is 5-6% citric acid. Ascorbic acid is an other thing.

>>9181071
Yep. It shouldn't take that very long at all, actually. Use OCM if needed.

>> No.9181108

imo, the best thing to do is exercise everyday, take vitamins, drink plenty of water/tea/coffee and not worry about your skin. start from the inside, it will gradually go away or get better. maybe try those mixed concoctions drinks of lemon + ACV + honey + cinnamon

>> No.9181129
File: 217 KB, 1399x666, 1ddc4f7737[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9181031
To expand on that I'm buying this (image related), seeing it has positive reviews and the few negatives are mostly along the lines of "THIS MIGHT BE GOOD BUT I HAVE ALERGIC REACTION NOW PLEASE MY FACE IS PEELING OFF" either with or without a peel

>> No.9181132

>>9181108
I'm glad that works for you! Honestly, I agree, sweating by working out or exercising, taking vitamins, and staying hydrated definitely help clean your skin up!

Unfortunately, some of us need some extra help on the side, as those simply aren't enough.

>> No.9181142

>>9181129
why not simply get a BHA wash or lotion? Stridex pads are great (the red ones) for most. Paula's Choice also has great 2% washes both in liquid and lotion form.

I feel like i'm shilling for PC, but honestly, their products are absolutely fantastic, and they're honest with their ingredients.

>> No.9181143

>>9180955
Oh I see, thanks. How often should I wash my face/moisturize then?

If I only do it in the morning, my nose is oily as fuck by the end of the day.

>> No.9181166

>>9181129
Always spot test.

>>9181132
Exercise seems to mainly help by decreasing the amount of stress hormones, which can contribute to a decreased sebum production. Sweat can actually contribute to acne. Can help dirt/bacteria/skin residues get into the follicles. Google "acne" + "sweat" for more info.

>>9181142
Stridex would be my advise as well, but that product doesn't actually seem half-bad.

>>9181143
Do it as often as you need to! Based on what you just said it seems like you need to do it twice daily. Hihi.

>> No.9181200

>start taking meds for hormonal issues
>surprise motherfucker, ultra oily skin
>so oily my makeup lasts less than 2 hours
>spend a metric fuckton of cash on products, from regular drugstore lvl to beauty institute stuff
>nothing works
>read on a blog that milk of magnesia dries skin like crazy, so many warnings on flaking, peeling, etc
>think "fuck it", buy a bottle for less than 5 bucks
>dillute one part (3-4 tablespoons) in two parts water in another container, apply nightly with a cotton ball
>to get rid of light acne, drop two aspirins into each new bottle
>my skin looks even better than it did before, been on it for 4 months
>all is well

Keep in mind this should be one's last option, and should only use it if they have abnormal levels of oil production.

>> No.9181234

>>9181200
>magnesium hydroxide

Oh, damn. That can actually be used in anti-perspirants. Didn't know it worked well for oil, too.

Did you ever try moisturizing to "calm the skin down"? Not saying it works.

>> No.9181566

bump

>> No.9181676
File: 38 KB, 600x600, edwin_jagger_chatworth_barley_4pc_shaving_set.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sup /fa/, I don't know what board to go to with this, so I'm asking you guys.

I'm about to buy myself a safety razor for Christmas. I really only want one because buying replacement blades for my Mach 3 is too fucking expensive, but apparently they also offer a better shave with practice. Anyway, can I get that better shaving experience using my gel/foam or do I have to do the whole old-fashioned shaving cream and brush deal? The whole setup looks cool, admittedly, but I wasn't trying to spend more than necessary. Can I get by using a DE razor with some basic hand-applied Gillette shaving gel?

>> No.9181697

>>9179851
Go to your dermatologist and get yourself some Monodox. Essentially a pill a day for 3 months and you no longer have acne

>> No.9182156

>>9181676
https://www.reddit.com/r/MaleGrooming

https://www.reddit.com/r/wicked_edge

tldr: shaving cream and brush.

but gilette /works/

>> No.9182291

I got some keloid scars from bad acne before. Anything I can do about it besides surgery?

>> No.9182420

>>9182156
>reddit

laughing girls.png

>> No.9182523

How often should I use Stridex pads btw?

Once/day? Twice? etc.?

>> No.9182578

>>9182523
i think based STHLM said once in the last thread

>> No.9182757

>>9179851
w2c girl's skin?

>> No.9183480 [DELETED] 

>>9182291
Plenty of options. See:

http://www.medicinenet.com/keloid/page3.htm#what_are_the_treatments_for_keloids

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/keloid-leaflet

Some advice of mine:
- See a doctor
- Silicone gel can be a mild and somewhat effective first step
- Sunscreen can help protect the scarred tissue from further damage/hyperpigmentation (excessive local skin pigmentation: melanin)

>>9182420
I would argue that the individual dedicated subreddits of reddit are a better resource than any imageboard ever has been. Great comprehensive links to resources coupled with a helpful community.

>>9182523
The recommendations on the package is 1-3 times daily. Most people use it 1-2 times daily, as needed.

>>9182757
Lightroom 5 and Photoshop Creative Cloud is currently at $10/month.

>> No.9183481 [DELETED] 

Plenty of options. See:

Some advice of mine:
- See a doctor
- Sunscreen can help protect the scarred tissue from further damage/hyperpigmentation (excessive local skin pigmentation: melanin)

>>9182420
I would argue that the individual dedicated subreddits of reddit are a better resource than any imageboard ever has been. Great comprehensive links to resources coupled with a helpful community.

>>9182523
The recommendations on the package is 1-3 times daily. Most people use it 1-2 times daily, as needed.

>>9182757

>> No.9183483

>>9182291
Plenty of options. See:

Some advice of mine:
- See a doctor

>>9182420

>>9182523

>>9182757

>> No.9183487

I'm currently on accutane, 4th month, 80 mg a day. I conceal redness/pimples with make-up, misscha bb cream and some concealer, remove it with bioderma sensibio, is it good makeup removal product, if not, suggest me something? I use cotton pads for removing makeup.

>> No.9183499

I thought only girls used moisturizer

>> No.9183551

I have terrible skin from years of acne. I heard bb creams are good for not being ashamed to go out in public. Any brand recs?

>> No.9183562

Does anyone else use baby oil?

A few years ago, a friend told me that she used baby oil all the time, so I started and have been doing so ever since.

>> No.9183568

>>9183487
Seems decent. See:
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Beauty-Face-Makeup-Remover/zgbs/beauty/11059251

>>9183551
Search "BB cream" on Amazon. Hundreds of reviews, recommendations, and ratings.

>> No.9183575

>>9183568
Where do you derive your knowledge from? Pure enthusiasm and internet/other sources of information or do you work in the field as well?

>> No.9184031

bump

>> No.9184042

>>9181142
>>9181129
never buy BHA washes, they need to be left on the skin to do anything, washing it straight off makes it do literally nothign

>> No.9184061

>>9183483
>I would argue that the individual dedicated subreddits of reddit are a better resource than any imageboard ever has been. Great comprehensive links to resources coupled with a helpful community.

You're right actually. Was trying to be facetious, but I guess it was a lame joke.

>>9183499
I thought only girls did fashion

>> No.9184375

>>9183499
enjoy your deep forehead wrinkles at age 20

>> No.9184540

>>9179851
>>9184375

does anyone have any moisturizer recommendations? i have never used one, only use cold water once a day or dont wash my face at all, dont have acne, but the winter is drying my skin out and making it a bit flaky

>> No.9184628

>>9183575
Have worked in skincare. Not currently, though. Also: the net is vast and limitless.

>>9184042
Pretty much this. It's not harmful, but somewhat wasteful.

>>9184540
CeraVe Facial Lotion.

>> No.9184887

>>9179851

recently got an outbreak of eczema on my upper lip, have tried lip balm and coconut oil but its just gotten worse, my next plan is to just use some regular vaseline at night before i go to bed. anyone else experience this shit? its like chapped lips but worse and its salting my game, I've had eczema pretty much everywhere but this shit on my face is crossing the line.

>> No.9184959

>>9184887
ctrl + f "moist"

>> No.9185041
File: 204 KB, 1156x1256, screenshot- 2014-12-08 21-22-16.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've bought this
Now where do I start?
How do I apply/use them? What order? When?
Do I need anything else?

p.s. the body wash was because the skin on my legs was dry and i was flaking

>> No.9185165

>>9185041

Why did you buy all that shit at one time?

>> No.9185201

>>9185165
I don't live in the states.
Shipping to yurop is expensive, some of those things you can't find here, and i also ordered it together with some other stuff that aren't related.
Besides, why not?

>> No.9185205
File: 18 KB, 520x250, image-784815-panoV9free-ofjr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9185041
>letting Jeff Bezos know about your severe acne

>> No.9185210

>>9181166
What are some alternatives to Stridex? I live in Canada and they don't sell it here.

I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for, so I don't want to use the wrong product on my skin. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for all your help in this thread btw!

>> No.9185216

>>9185210
You can buy Stridex pads on Amazon.ca

>> No.9185291

How bad are products with alcohol actually? I always hear not to use them, but am curious why they're still so ubiquitous in most skin care products.

I'm also curious about BB cream, does anyone here actually use it? I'm trying to go about fixing my mild acne but not over-invest in it. Right now I'm thinking occasional salicylic acid pads and BB cream.

>> No.9185339
File: 49 KB, 340x340, 1412730261999.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

can anyone in here tell me why the fuck I can't get rid of acne on my forehead? It comes and goes in bouts but I always have a consistent amount of small bumps that occasionally breakout. I didn't ever have acne problems till this started about 2 years ago, and its only on my forehead. I've tried sleeping on a towel and it doesn't help. I cut out milk and cheese and I still get it... Thinking of cutting out eggs next. Getting desperate.

>> No.9185343

>>9179851
Will shaving with a safety razor cause less irritation than a Gillette one does?

>> No.9185485

>>9181200
troll/10

>> No.9185548

>>9185343
probably yeah

>> No.9185602

>>9185216
not him but it's expensive on amazon.ca ($20 for a $5 box) and shipped from the US

do you know any alternatives?

>> No.9185626
File: 50 KB, 294x295, 1411781695055.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I stop having so much dead skin on me?

When I wear a bomber jacket tons of shit ends up on the ribbed collar part, sweaters and everything just lead to tons of dirt everywhere and it's fucking awful.
I have barely any dandruff though.

Is showering the answer? I want my clothes to be as clean as possible basically, nothing on the inside of a t-shirt if I took it off.

>> No.9185663

>>9185339
try taking vitamin a, 24-32k iu should be a good dosage. make sure you use retinyl palmitate and not beta-carotene

>> No.9185724

>>9181697
Not always true. Doxycycline just dries your pimples and gives you heartburn.
Done 4 cycles with different dosages, and acne came back worse every time I stopped.
0/10 would not recommend.

>> No.9185744

I use a konjak sponge to exfoliate twice daily

recently got this soap which is made out of nano silver, cleared my face up and is super deep cleansing
https://www.nanocyclic.com/

use various moisturizers.

my skin is flawless

>> No.9185750

>>9185291
buy asian bb cream from the web, better coverage than western bb creams

>> No.9185765

>>9185626

be more hydrated and use a high end moisturizer. if you are already, see a dermatologist. if you shower every other day, that should be enough.

>> No.9185772
File: 27 KB, 500x500, 6951745.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is this a good moisturizer? I found a bottle in my mom's room

>> No.9186317

2 issues I have that I'd like some help on:

- I don't have blackheads but those white things that clog my pores + hairs right on the side of my nose.
I used to use strips but I heard that's damaging. I used it probably once every 2 months.
- Dark circles around my eyes (pro ably from shitty sleeping habits), all the time. If its a genetic thing, which I don't think it is, what else is there to do?

>> No.9186330

>>9185772
no, but your mom is

>> No.9186398
File: 30 KB, 300x300, 300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How long am I supposed to keep salicylic acid solution on my face?

I usually put it on my face in the shower for 30 seconds or so, then wash it off. Is this adequate to get rid of blackheads?

pic related

>> No.9186403

>>9186398
I usually massage it into my face for 90 seconds then rinse.

>> No.9186490
File: 160 KB, 801x598, 1416873284683.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a simple guy. I use moisturizer + zinc oxide sunscreen in the morning and moisturizer before bed.

>> No.9186661

Is
Eucerin-Dermo-Capillaire-Calming-Shampoo
Good for male, short coarse hair good altr

>> No.9187542

I found the perfect routine that works for me. Acne has stopped significantly but my problem now is the dark spots on my face. Whats good to even out skin pigmentation?

>> No.9187946

>>9187542
Is it settled that the dark spots are a matter of "hyperpigmentation", or rather "comedones"/blackheads? Both have been discussed in the thread already.

>>9186398
It's better to leave it in. It's not meant to be used as part of a "detergent" during such a short time. Plenty of salicylic acid options. Stridex is what I reccommend the most.

>>9186317
Blackheads and whiteheads are both "comedones". What you have on your nose is probably what is known as "sebaceous filaments". They cannot be rid of completely, and shouldn't be since they are completely normal and "healthy", but they can be lightened and made smaller by using salicylic acid primarily. I would not recommend strips.

Re. dark circles around eyes: Genetics is always a factor. This coupled with environmental factors creates different kinds of conditions within the body. What you have under your eyes are red-blue blood vessels that for some reason has become more visible.

Sleep deprivation may increase the prominence of dark circles below the eyes. Puffy eyelids from lack of sleep can help darken the area below the eyelids.

Being underweight can make the blood vessels more visible, as the skin above it becomes thinner. Rubbing the eyes, or making the eye area irritated in general, can contribute to increased blood flow in the area.

tldr: sleep well. check for allergies.

>> No.9187970 [DELETED] 

>>9185772
No.

>>9185626
Hm. Is the skin irritated and stuff as well as in red/itchy? Excessive flaking could indicate that the skin lacks "moisture", but it could also indicate a lack of cleaning as well as excessive cleaning (leading to dry skin), dermatitis, a skin infection...! Take a closer look at your skin, and try moisturizing as a first step. A hydrocortisone moisturizer could help with mild dermatitis. See a doctor if the problem persists.

>>9185765
Showering will most likely not alleviate the situation described, no.

>> No.9187974

>>9185772
No.

>>9185626
Hm. Is the skin irritated and stuff as well as in red/itchy? Excessive flaking could indicate that the skin lacks "moisture", but it could also indicate a lack of cleaning as well as excessive cleaning (leading to dry skin), dermatitis, a skin infection...! Take a closer look at your skin, and try moisturizing as a first step. A hydrocortisone moisturizer could help with mild dermatitis. See a doctor if the problem persists.

>> No.9188002

>>9185724
Pretty much this. Antibiotics are reserved for severe infections because of reasons.

>>9185339
Only some links between diet and acne - mainly related to high GI food and some dairy products. Eggs are okay. Touch your face less. Don't over-wash it. Change your pillow cases on a regular basis. If I could only reccomend one thing: try some salicylic acid. Pretty much it. Don't forget to moisturize in case your skin gets dry.

>>9185663
This is a potentially harmful advice. 20-32K IU is 2-3 times the Recommended Daily Intake of retinyl palmitate (pre-formed kind of vitamin A). The intake you have recommended is one that creates a toxicity over time. Hypervitaminosis A is serious stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminA-HealthProfessional/

>> No.9188113

>>9185041
halp

>> No.9189147

>>9187946
Wow I think you hit it spot on. I am underweight (5'7, 125lbs) and eye irritation is regular to me.I'll look into some of your suggestions.
Thanks.

>> No.9189268

>>9189147
Very happy to help.

>> No.9190893

friendly bump

>> No.9191488

>>9179851
how do i get rid of white heads around my mouth??
this is such a fuckin turn off, man
any ideas?

>> No.9191511

>>9191488
ewww fucking disgusting
those are actually semen deposits.
stop getting cum shots on yo face. problem solved.

>> No.9192168

>>9191488
RTFT (Read The Fucking Thread)
or control + F "comedone"
nice dubs

>> No.9192383

I have really oily skin, right now I'm not using anything on a daily basis other than a moisturizer. Help?

>> No.9193180

>>9192168
>RTFT (Read The Fucking Thread)

why would you do this

>> No.9193378

Salicylic 2% isn't doing shit to get rid of my blackheads . Is there a higher strength?

>> No.9193388

>>9193378
Stridex 2% (max strength.) can be used up to three times a day. tried it?

>> No.9193397

>>9193388

Yes, i'm using it but only once at night. I don't want to have to do it 3 times a day.

>> No.9193400

>>9193397
how about increasing the application by 100% to start with?

>> No.9193403
File: 49 KB, 680x591, 1398326076304.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9179851
>chug water
>use towel on pillow
>splash face with water
>5-7 months later, went from awful soul-crushing acne to clear skin

Feels great man.
Also, qt yesterday
>Anon I wish I was as skinny as you

And she keeps leaning her head on my arm.
We're all gonna make it.

>> No.9193409

>>9193400

You mean use two pads at once?

>> No.9193423 [DELETED] 

>>9193409
Twice daily.

>> No.9193431
File: 3.89 MB, 433x326, ha.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9193409
Twice daily.

>> No.9193849

>>9192383
Bump

>> No.9193862

>>9193409
holy fuck you retard my god

>> No.9194447

>>9192383
>>9193849
Um, well, unless this is only caused by your moisturizer, then you need something that calms down you overactive sebaceous glands. What you're describing is called "hyperseborrhea".

Severe conditions can be treated with anti-androgens, promestriene, isotretionin.

Oily skin is primarily either caused by androgens (hormones, during teens) or by excessive washing. You'll generally fail at getting rid of oily skin by washing it away, since you remove the fats that the skin needs (and this promotes further over-production of fat/sebum).

Wash 1-2 a day with a very mild facial cleanser, or even less often. I generally just wet my face and wipe if off with a towel (but I'm a special child).

What moisturizer do you use? How often do you use it? If the problem wasn't there when using a moisturizer, then you could try not using it/switching brand. If you're using it more than twice a day, then maybe you shouldn't do that.

I'd recommend CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion. Plenty of other good moisturizers to find on Amazon.

>> No.9194591

>>9184042
>>9184628
>not leaving it on for at least 20 min for absorption

who says I don't leave it on. also BHA washes are extremely useful. terrible advice to say not to get them.

>> No.9194603
File: 55 KB, 800x1200, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9194591
I've done a bit of research online, and it seems they are fine. Apparently this is an effay alternative to Stridex pads, especially because it does not contain menthol.

>> No.9194610

>>9194603
menthol fucks up my skin. this is the shit right here man. make sure to leave it on for 15-20 minutes before applying anything else. >>9194591
and oh shit i'm thinking wash as something you don't just wash off. sorry guys. lapse in thought. washes aren't great, but what I was saying is stuff like PC BHA clear, where you use it with a damp face, and leave it on. not shit like apricot scrub.

>> No.9194620 [DELETED] 

>>9194591
I'm not arguing that it /can be/ useful, but leaving a solution of salicylic acid is much more effective than washing your face with salicylic acid and other substances (and only leaving it on temporarily).

The comedolytic properties of SA are completely dependent on the concentration of SA within the pilosebaceous unit, especially the direct area of the comedone/sebaceous filament in question.

The end concentration of SA within this area is much higher when leaving a solution on, rather than rinsing it off. It's especially shitty to use it in combination with detergents/emulsifiers or the like as this will decrease the ability of the SA to target the pilosebaceous units in particular, rather than other parts of the skin that are less lipophilic.

>> No.9194623

>>9194591
I'm not arguing that it /can be/ useful, but leaving a solution of salicylic acid is much more effective than washing your face with salicylic acid and other substances (and only leaving it on temporarily).

The comedolytic properties of SA are completely dependent on the concentration of SA within the pilosebaceous unit, especially the direct area of the comedone/sebaceous filament in question.

The end concentration of SA within this area is much higher when leaving a solution on, rather than rinsing it off. It's especially shitty to use it in combination with emulsifiers or the like as this will decrease the ability of the SA to target the pilosebaceous units in particular, rather than other parts of the skin that are less lipophilic.

>> No.9194629 [DELETED] 

>>9194610
oh, right. no worries.

>> No.9194696

>>9194603
Hm.

The thing about menthol is that it's generally used in many topical medical compounds because it increases the the "skin permeation" and helps other active ingredients reach their targets to a greater extent. It can help with the keratolytic effects of SA, for example.

But if people have had their skins bothered by menthol, then I'll might start recommending that one, too. hihi

>> No.9195863

>>9186490
>>>/mu/

>> No.9195896

>>9194623
>The comedolytic properties of SA are completely dependent on the concentration of SA within the pilosebaceous unit, especially the direct area of the comedone/sebaceous filament in question.

I know some of those words

>> No.9197967

How do I clear my upper back/shoulders up?

It's not too bad, but I'm not too fond of it. Been scrubbing but it keeps coming back and is getting slightly worse over time.

>> No.9198046
File: 211 KB, 1200x800, 4oz-moisturizer-orange.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Guys, I'll have to report back in a few days after I've seen the full effects of this natural moisturizer.
Skin feels soft and it smells good as fug.

I might try out their soap too as a once a week hair wash.

>> No.9198070

>>9181676
I belive I saw a box bundle at target recently. But I ended up buying a badger brush, safety razor handle, soap, and i think a 50 variety razors, all for under 50.

http://www.amazon.com/Proraso-Shaving-Eucalyptus-Menthol-Formulation/dp/B00837ZOI0
^cheap, highly recommended everywhere, and lasts a long time

>> No.9198086

>>9181676
Shit nigga, you can shave without soap or even water.

You don't gotta do shit! But if you wan to have the BEST shave possible, get into wet shaving. It's cheaper than gel and it's rad as fuck. Plus, there are a whole array of soaps you can buy so you can find one you like the best!

>> No.9198091

>>9185343
yes, i used to get more razor bumps and redness with my normal razors, switched to safety and never had anything past redness for 2-3 minutes

>> No.9198092

>>9194591
>>9194603
neither of those are BHA washes, i'm talking about face washes with SA

>> No.9198101

>>9180230
For some reason this image is really unsettling.

>> No.9198127
File: 95 KB, 1029x712, eyez.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What would you guys recommend as a stack for the newbies? Been reading the thread and kept reading CerVa and Stridex

Also, how do I start to remove raccoon eyes? I essentially have pic releated and I do feel like its limiting any possible aesthetics I could have

>> No.9199273

How do I get rid of the red marks left after the pimples are gone?

Also how do I prevent my face from becoming so flushed?

>> No.9199499

>CTRL-F DIET
>CTRL-F FLUIDS
>CTRL-F FRUIT
>CTRL-F VEG

>> No.9199555

>>9198127
>stack for newbies
go to /skincareaddiction/ on reddit

>> No.9200297

Hey guys I noticed a lot of good tips in this thread and can say that I have my acne pretty much under control through the use of epiduo which controls it well,but I still have a ridiculous amount of sebum and clogged pores. Is stridex a viable option here?

>> No.9200329

>>9199499
you forgot the most important one, you fucking imbecile
>CTRL-F EXERCISE

>> No.9200634

>>9185291
because they actually work. they don't want you to find a working product. they want you to continue to spend money

>> No.9200909
File: 21 KB, 504x548, help.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are single edge safety razors any good? How do they compare with multi-edge razors?

Also, I've never moisturized before/don't really know anything about skin care. I have some acne scarring and light redness with the occasional pimple. What do?
I've been using pic related every now and then but I haven't noticed much other than a reduction in pimples.

>> No.9200914

>>9200909
Er do you you mean as opposed to a double side? (As in you only shave with one edge and have to rotate the blade)

Doesn't seem worth it to me. I just use a normal handle, and every time I make a pass I switch sides.

>> No.9200932

>>9200914
Yeah, I meant double. I've been out of the blade game for a while as I've grown a short beard and only shave my neck with a (trigger warning) electric razor.

>> No.9200999

>>9199499
Fruit and veg is possibly a stretch, maybe it works for some but diet and fluids is very important.

Get a 6 pint bottle of milk, when it's empty fill it with water and keep it with you and just drink that shit every day.
Ironically though you should avoid milk and dairy products.

Just drinking water managed to clean up my acne completely.

>> No.9201001

>>9200932
I think the consensus is that single edge safety razors are thicker and sharper than a double edge on average, but overall I really don't think you'll gain a huge benefit from double edge shaving vs single edge. If anything, I'd go double edge just for the sake of a wider variety of blades to try and mess around with. But if you have really stubborn facial hair, a single edge safety razor wouldn't be a bad idea so long as you made sure you were still getting a solid handle + quality razor.

I'll let someone else with experience in the field give better advice though because I am not entirely sure.

>> No.9201018

>>9197967
Salicylic acid and/or AHA should work well. You can probably apply as much as the instructions allow (max). Only if needed, though.

>>9198092
The Paula's Choice does contain 2% salicylic acid (a BHA).

>>9198101
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trypophobia

>>9198127
See reddit link.

While keeping in mind that I'm not a doctor: some may claim that what you have is "periorbital dark circles". That is true, in a sense. They /are/ periorbital dark circles, but yours seems to be related to an excess of pigmentation in the area rather than overly visible blood vessels. What you seem to have is called "periorbital hyperpigmentation".

Without intervention, the pigmentation often increases slowly over time. Treatment options include chemical dermabrasion, laser, filler injection. Sunscreen is good to prevent further pigmentation in the area.

The quick beauty fix: BB cream with sunscreen.

Actually fixing it: possibly by the use of chemical dermabrasion/chemical peeling. Ask your doctor/a dermatologist.

>> No.9201052

>>9180608
Vaseline

>> No.9201105

>>9199273
The area is currently in different stages of wound healing. The red you see are generally newly formed capillaries. They should generally decrease in amount after time, when the healing activity in the local tissue has diminished. If that is not the case, then there are various treatments:

But an ounce of prevention > a pound of cure. Effective management of acne (and "popping" with great care) will help out a lot.

Red skin in general/flushing/erythema is treated differently depending on cause. Generally a "hypersensitivity reaction", that occurs when the tissue is irritated in any way. You could try applying less irritants (excess washing, peroxides, stuff) and more mild moisturizers (hydrocortisone salves can be used).

Hydrocortisone has been shown to be effective here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11867970

>>9200297
Salicylic acid > peroxides for treating comedones (clogged pores). I would not recommend using both at the same time. AHA + BHA is a better combo.

>>9200909
See what was written above on scars.
http://blog.skincare-addiction.com/choosing-a-cleanser/
Also try salicylic acid.

>> No.9201137

>>9201018
Thanks for replying, sucks that there isn't a real treatment without going to the doctor, cure you Greek genes
Any personal recommendations for BB cream? I was just gonna get one from this list
http://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2012/06/29/10-best-uk-bb-creams---beauty-benefit-balms-with-spf/gallery/905652

>> No.9201143

>>9199499
>>9200999
Re. acne etiology: generally no solid relationship with diet proved, but the few things that are somewhat proved are related to intake of high-GI foods and some dairy.

The reason to why water may seem to work to prevent/cure acne may be because increased water intake could lower the intake of milk and soda - it's therefore possibly a matter of the absence of bad things rather than the opposite.

http://www.acne.org/drinking-water-reviews-1556/

>> No.9201183

>>9201137
Well, we're not sure what your condition is yet. A picture of someone else been examined by a stranger on the internet. I think a visit to a dermatologist shop could provide some cheap (and less reliable) answers from the employees. It could be good to ask a doctor/dermatologist about what's actually up.

The one you provided an example of seems alright. Tarte BB Tinted Treatment has a SPF of 30 instead of 10, though. I'd advice you to head to your nearest make-up store and ask for bb cream with a high SPF, with ish the same color as your skin.

>>9180608
During winter, inside humidity drops. This allows water to evaporate from your skin easier. This creates problems. Use a moisturizer containing "humectants" - water-attracting substances - such as glycerin or hyaluronic acid. One of the two main ingredients in CeraVe is glycerin (right after water). Recc'd.

Vaseline alone is generally not enough.

good night.

>> No.9201378

>tfw seriously considering going for my second round of accutane

I was good for a year but it kept getting worse further in on my first year of college, my brother is 27 and still gets acne so it seems I probably won't be able to "grow out of it" like most people, should I bite the bullet and kill my livers?

>> No.9201967

Pretty open-ended question, I know, but what makes a "good" moisturizer/what to look for?
If it makes any difference I'm a guy with slightly oilier-than-normal skin and mild acne scarring.

>> No.9202015

>>9201378
The chance of relapsing is higher when you're younger. And you have a crazy high % chance of never having it come back after going a 2nd round. Dose is key though, a lot of people go on low doses and relapse. I'm self taneing right now 80mg for 6 months.

>> No.9202076

>>9202015
Ah really? Thanks for the heads up, i'd rather a bunch of scars now than deal with pimples till i'm 30 lol so i'm seriously considering doing that 2nd round

>> No.9202527

Thinking of taking CC cream to eliminate my dark spots. Is it enough to use it by itself or are there other types of products I should use to optimize my results?

>> No.9202726

>>9202527
daily AHA/vitamin C serum and a daily good sunscreen (elta MD is great)

>> No.9203528

>>9201052
this, its just great!

>> No.9205423

I'm done, I'm so done.

I eat very healthy, cut the sugar 1 year ago, only drink water, do sports every fucking day.
I wash my face daily twice with a pH neutral soap.

How does my body thank me? By giving me acne. Why? I'm really fucking pissed. Most of my friends eat like shit and rarely wash their faces and have super clear skin.

>> No.9205434

>>9205423
stop washing it so much
your body probably produces more oils as compensation

>> No.9205440

>>9205434
twice a day is too much?

>> No.9205694

>>9201183
I've been on /fa/ for quite a while, and you're one of the few trips that genuinely seems like a nice person.

>> No.9205948

>>9205423
>become hindu
>believe in reincarnation
>kill self
>reborn a god

>> No.9206008

Am i supposed to put o n a moisturider then sunscreen?

>> No.9206614

/fa/ body moisturizer? Preferably fragrance free.

>> No.9207051

>>9201967
A moisturizer helps to in someway maintain the moisture of the skin - the water content. This can mainly be done by either providing the skin with water (through humectants), as well as making sure that the moisture within the skin stays there (occlusives). For oily skin it's better to use a water-based humecant moisturizer, rather than an occlusive kind. I'm feeling like a broken record here, but "CeraVe". St. Ives /was/ good. Google "moisturizer" and you'll find all the info you need on evertything.

>>9202527
Pretty much this:
>>9202726

>>9205423
Regarding diet: dairy (milk/cream specifically) and high GI foods is pretty much all you have to worry about from a scientific standpoint.

You may not need to use the soap you are using twice daily. Google and see if the soap is good whatsoever. Standard acne response from me: Stridex Max Strength + CeraVe Facial lotion (if needed).

Salicylic acid (BHA) is your best best for preventing acne, then AHA (such as lactic acid), and various peroxides.

Also: don't user-use towels and pillow covers.

>>9205434
>>9205440
It's very hard for us to tell. It depends on many factors (like how much sebum/fat you produce normally, how sensitive your skin is to sebum changes, what kind of soap you use, how much soap you're using....)

>> No.9207056

>>9206614
coconut oil

>> No.9207080

>>9187946
Should you be able to pop sebaceous filaments like you would a whitehead? Because I'm not sure if what I have all over my nose are those filaments or just really bad acne.
Also, will salicylic acid make my pores smaller? If not, what can I do?

>> No.9207082

>>9205694
Thank you. I see no need to be a douche just because we're on 4chan.

>>9206008
Assuming that the designated moisturizer is a better moisturizer than the sunscreen, then the moisturizer is applied before the sunscreen (closer to the skin). But this is generally not an issue almost all sunscreens act as moisturizers to some extent. See Amazon for "sunscreen moisturizer" and see what seems best to you.

>>9207056
Coconut oil has a comedogenicity (ability to form blackheads/whiteheads) rating of 4/5 according to "Comedogenicity and irritancy of commonly used ingredients in skin care products" by Fulton. Rabbit model, though. I could pull some more docs if you need verification.

>> No.9207091

>>9207082
He was asking about body moisturizer. Who gets blackheads on their body?

I have been using it on my face and my acne has never been better. I just don't smear it on my nose because it's most prone to blackheads.

>> No.9207154

>>9180245
ok

>> No.9207172

>do really strict skincare
>skin is oily and I get occasional breakouts
Now I just wash my face with warm water after every meal and before going to bed, don't use any soap on my face at all, also no moisturizer as my skin tends to get too oily when using it. No more breakoutsnow , wow

>> No.9207173
File: 21 KB, 396x385, 10257919_828490270589331_4292848144408158852_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9193403
You are my hero, we are all gonna make it.

>> No.9207185

>>9207080
Well, you /can/ pop them, but it wont help you. They're part of a completely healthy skin. They'll come back. You can clean the follicles out using salicylic acid - this will help remove excess skin from the area. You could also google "Oil Cleansing Method" to get rid of them on a regular basis in a less harmful manner than popping, if you'd like to.

Salicylic acid should do the trick. Ascorbic acid (like the vitamin C serum mentioned above) also helps with lightening and pore reduction. Some have mentioned tea tree oil re. this but I've been unable to find good sources.

See this pic btw. I've marked the blue spots as blackheads (comedones), and the green spots are sebaceous filaments - before and after OCM I think.

>>9207091
Comedones, as in blackheads and whiteheads, can arise on all parts of the body that features sebaceous glands - either with or without hair. They're everywhere except for the palms and the feet soles iIrc. The parts of the body that are mostly victims of comedones/acne is the chest and the back. So, yeah...

Great if it works for you.

>>9207172
You could choose a water-based moisturizer if you'd like - filled with "humectants" rather than "occlusives". They exist to not make your skin any oilier. Congratulations btw!

>> No.9207216
File: 196 KB, 1200x960, P4rGI0R.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9207185
[the pic]

>> No.9207425
File: 245 KB, 521x483, arfds (1).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

sup /scg/

i have dry/sensitive skin

most days, my face is quite red from using adapalene without ever using sunblock and i've got a bit of PIH from acne which i'm also working on

i want a physical (probably zinc) sunblock but how high does the SPF need to be? i don't do things outside, espesially not in the winter, i'm only going to need sunblock for walking to class, smoking cigarettes, etc

>> No.9207577

Is it a good idea to use aha and bha without cleaning your face first?

>> No.9207615

>>9207577
not really
you'd be applying the product on top of dead skin and oil and dirt and it wouldn't be as effective
why?

>> No.9207631

>>9207615

Well i suspect my cleanser is causing problems so i wanted to stop using it

>> No.9207634
File: 19 KB, 396x385, 10404338_742801382434932_3095192603839198146_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9193403
>all it takes for some people are a splash of water on the face and a new pillowcase every once in a while

fuck this gay earth

>> No.9207639

>>9207631
try a different cleanser?
what's wrong with yours?

>> No.9207644

>>9207577
it works just the same neither of them have nothing to do with having a dirty face

>> No.9207651

>>9180795
>plus acne now since I'm taking fish oil
FUCK
IS THAT WHAT'S CAUSING ME TO BREAK OUT

lmao i started fish oil bout a week ago and my face looks like i'm tweakin hoe

i didn't think there was a connection

>> No.9207692

>>9181049
>>9181022
>PC C15
>$48 for .67 oz

yoooo that's a little steep
i can find a cheaper vitamin C product that's almost as effective, right?

which is probably better for reducing overall redness and PIH?
sunblock with niacinamide?
or sunblock with vitamin c?

>> No.9208775

>>9180608
I use blistex because I play the trombone. Smells like eucalyptus extract, pretty malleable. Only shit that works and doesn't cost 20 fucking dollars for a stick.

>> No.9208790

>>9181676
>Anyway, can I get that better shaving experience using my gel/foam or do I have to do the whole old-fashioned shaving cream and brush deal?
The cream is like 95% of the point of wetshaving. If you try to wetshave and keep using that foam bullshit you are retard.

Use Proraso (the green tube), lather it on your face, brush optional. Then you can use safety razor or disposable twin-blade as you prefer.

>> No.9208794

>>9184375
Jokes on you, I had deep forehead wrinkles at age 16. Now 24.

>> No.9208828

My remedy
>exercise
>shower with warm water first, apply conditioner while body to prevent water from trickling to my face, wash my face with moisturizing soap, turn water on cool, wash with de-moisturizing soap,
>dry face with a new, separate towel every shower
>shower 2x a day
>sleep 8 hours a day
>sleep on back
>change pillow cases weekly
>stay hydrated
>not be stressed

Fuck acne

>> No.9209709

PC BHA lotion or gel?

>> No.9209720

>>9209709
>BHA

Shit is weak.

>> No.9209728

>>9209720
what?

>> No.9209759

>>9209728
YOU CAN KEEP THAT

>> No.9209795

>washing your face
>ever

>> No.9209812

>>9209720

Obvious trend setter here

>> No.9210214

200 posts get

>> No.9210255
File: 186 KB, 376x281, tromb2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9210214
aw yiss

>>9207425
SPF 15 blocks about 94% of all UVB.
SPF 30 blocks about 97% of all UVB.
not that much difference. not much beyond SPF 15 needed.

>>9207577
It's good to wash your face beforehand. AHA is something that can be used to exfoliate and get rid of skin residues, though. Find a milder cleanser.

>>9207651
empirically established connection for acne and fish oil : inconclusive
if it doesn't work for you, then don't use it.

>>9207692
nicotinamide.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotinamide#Skin_conditions

>>9209709
lotion because humectants and emollients

>>9209720
There are several BHAs, but salicylic acid is one of the best things we have within dermatology. Peroxides are generally more brutish (dry skin, flushing, peeling), and also less effective.

>> No.9210337

>>9185663
>>9188002
It's only been a week, but I started taking a multivitamin twice a day. It has two types of vit-A in it. Dose not as high as you mentioned, but that, plus placing clean towels on my pillow has actually done wonders. My forehead has actually fuckin cleared up in a week. Still a bit left, but just wanted to say thanks to both of you for the advice.

>> No.9210362

>>9210337
FUCKING AWESOME
congratulations.

>> No.9210381

>>9210362
My face produces a lot of oil. I stopped washing it few months ago and cleared my acne up majorly.

But I still get them around my chin and on my lips occasionally. Nowhere else.

Any tips?

>> No.9210395

>>9179851
I normally bash on trips and try to push them off the board but STHLM you're a good dude, thanks for helping people out ITT.

>> No.9210418

Can I take beta carotene tablets to give my skin a slight tan if I am pale or will I just turn orange?

How many carrots would I have to eat to do it without tablets?

>> No.9210423

>>9180263
It seems only the cheap CVS brand stuff works for me

When I use anything else, I break out really really bad. I was out of CVS facewash one time and decided to do it big by getting the Clean and Clear branded stuff instead and it messed up my face bad

>> No.9210474
File: 86 KB, 800x600, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9210418
carrots are ok in moderation and can probably make your skin look a bit healthier

but for any noticeable "tan" you'd need to eat a fuckload of carrots

plus you'd get carotenemia which turns your skin (especially palms) to pic related

what the hell made you think this was a good idea? just go outside for fuck's sake

>> No.9210482

>>9209720
you can keep that

>> No.9210562
File: 2.39 MB, 320x179, 1378735805223.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9205694
>>9210395
STHLM, I rarely browse /fa/ in fact I come from /o/, but this dude is probably the most helpful trip I've ever seen. Thanks for the advice dude!

>> No.9210566

>>9210474
your a fucking idiot if u think carrots in any quantity can give you darker skin

seriously consider dropping your trip before you embarass yourself any further

fuckin newfags smdh

>> No.9210588

Does anyone use carmex here? I heard it smells and tastes ridiculous

I'm looking for a relatively scent free lip balm. Is nivea hydro care any good? I mostly used blistex lip balms in the past

>> No.9210600

>>9210566
I never said it gives you darker skin, you dumbass

>> No.9210606

Thoughts on mizon snail cream? Apparently Korean skin products are way better

>> No.9210612

HERE'S A NOVEL IDEA TO CLEAR YOUR SKIN

DRINK WATER

YOUR BODY NEEDS THAT SHIT

>> No.9210613

>>9210588
Burts bees stick lip balm with vitamin e.

>> No.9210623

How do i choose a good sunscreen? Don't want to spend a fortune either.

>> No.9210628

>>9210606
why? cuz you're on a weeaboo asian anime forum?

say that to any respectable western skincare engineer and you'd get laughed at

>> No.9210629

>>9210623
The neutrogena ultra sheer ones are pretty good

>> No.9210644

>>9210628
>>9210606
You're not Asian. You're white so just save the money and buy western skin care

>> No.9210648

How long do you guys use lip balm for? I used up my blistex simple and sensitive lip balm in 3 months

>> No.9210651

>>9210644
thank you, that's exactly what i was trying to say
even though i don't even know if that's true
but thanks man

>> No.9210656

>>9210651
Well Asian skin products would be engineered for Asians is what I'm guessing

>> No.9210661

>cooking while ive got headphones on and I'm making eggs
>my dad's friend's children fuck around in the kitchen
>1 manages to miss the other kid with a couple ice cubes and they land in a frier my mom had on
>oil splashes onto my arms as I shield my face
>now have burn marks on both cheeks right under my eyes
ok so Ive been going HAM on Vaseline & moisturizer and I got an appointment with the best derm in CT

anyone got any tips for burn scarring? Shit happened exactly 2 weeks ago and the burns aren't bad, but in dim light it's noticeable that I've got 2 dark spots ontop of my cheeks.

>> No.9210662

>>9210656
would you say Western skin care products are engineered for Caucasians then? aren't the US and Canada supposedly cultural melting pots with diversity and multiracial backgrounds and stuff like that?

it seems like it'd be too much work to "engineer" a lotion or something for a particular race, implying that's even possible (i'm not an expert on this like STHLM)

>> No.9210664

>>9210662
would you say Asian skin care engineers for diverse races then? idk tho

>> No.9210667
File: 12 KB, 320x320, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9210661
>my dad's friend's children fuck around in the kitchen

>> No.9210669

I don't understand how people use lip balm in jar or tube form. Isn't it gross using your hand to apply it?

>> No.9210671

>>9210664
I'm pretty sure there are some small differences in skin type between races, but usually you see products for dry skin, combination skin, oily skin etc.

I've never seen face washes for black people, asian people, australian people. Probably because people still have different skin types (oily, dry etc) even though they're the same race

>> No.9210673

>>9210669
yeah it's sticky but you wash your finger afterward

obviously it's less convenient but i personally prefer it better

>> No.9210674

>>9210671
yeah ok I was making an uneducated claim anyway

Is Asian skin care actually more expensive?

>> No.9210690

>>9210673
why do you prefer it? I just think it's so unhygienic..

>> No.9210712

>>9210674
Nah man I might be wrong too. Don't quote me on anything I say :)

I think the price depends on the product. When I was in South Korea, I saw a lot of stores selling cheap skincare and makeup stuff (there's one called the Face Shop i think), but I'm sure there are higher-end brands like Ohui too

>>9210690
I've never thought of it as unhygienic. Isn't it also kinda gross touching the same lip balm stick to your lips over and over for months though?

Like if it was a bottle or glass of water you touch directly to your mouth, you'd want to wash it often

But you can't do that with lip balm, idk just saying

>> No.9210727

>>9210712
>Isn't it also kinda gross touching the same lip balm stick to your lips over and over for months though?
meh that's why I make sure my lips are cleaned with water

I heard that Korean skincare is more expensive outside of Korea, so...

>> No.9210731

>>9210727
yeah it probably is more expensive because you'd have to ship it and get it past customs and stuff like that

you can clean your hands with water before you apply stuff to your lips too

both ways are good imo, if one was actually really better than the other then they wouldn't sell both

>> No.9210743

Is it better to buy a lower spf if possible? I heard that it's better on the skin (less active ingredients) as long as the spf is higher than 15 or so.

so between 30, 45, and 60 would it be the best to buy 30?

>> No.9210747

>>9210743
read
>>9210255

>> No.9210764

>>9210747
so should I exchange or something? lol

>> No.9210795

thread was good until resuton came in and shitted it all up

>> No.9210802

Is there a major difference between the CeraVe moisturizing cream and lotion? accidentally bought the lotion instead.

>> No.9210912

>>9210802
depends on what you need, cream is thicker

>> No.9210931

>>9210764
it's not that big of a difference in my opinion

just make sure you don't get any allergic reactions or anything from the lotion and you should be good

>> No.9211001

does anybody have recommended moisturizers for oily skin?
currently use:
Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser in the morning and night
Simple Sunscreen/Moisturizer
twice a week i use that St. Ives exfoliater

>> No.9211050
File: 291 KB, 1920x2560, moJiD5O.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My doc gave me this shit and im autistic and dont know how to put it on.

Do I just put it on my dry face and leave it overnight? Put it on dry and wash it off? wet my face first?

>> No.9211052

>>9211050

Also if I think my skin is pretty good should I do anything else aside from drink lots of water and sleep on my back? Currently I do NOTHING for skin care really.

>> No.9211067

>>9211050
there should be instructions in a folded sheet of paper in the box it came in

or the doctor should have told you how to use it and written it on the prescription

>> No.9211550
File: 320 KB, 1280x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do stretch marks every fully fade?
I noticed these about a year ago, they're slightly less pink, but still worse than im comfortable with

>> No.9211566

>>9211550
no

>> No.9211570

>>9211550
they fade, but it's meh. your ass looks fine. no one really cares about stretch marks because they only look bad if you're black

>> No.9211583

I got really fucked up scars from severe cystic acne so I am on Accutane (10mg/day)and had been on it for the past 6 months, it will end in January, hopefully.

Day A: Triacneal by Avene
Day B: Rose Water & Glycerin, some bs made by my dermatologist
Day C: Benzoil Peroxide on pimples

These are applied at night, after washing my face with only water. I use Benzoyl Peroxide even in the mornings if I have a pimple, though I only have 1 or 2 at times, no more. I had a very shallow chemical peel done in november and I am getting a Microdermabrassion around new year's. After that my dermatologist will use a dermaroller on my skin bc she wants to see how much can it improve before Laser.

>> No.9211593

>>9211050
Wash your face at night, let it air-dry and apply either on your whole face or locally on every pimple.

>> No.9211786

>>9180989
Yo, best tripfag in years. I don't need your help because my skin is 8/10 but I really appreciate your tips and time.

>> No.9212034

>>9210651
i'm korean ya goof

>>9210628

not everyone on the is white

>> No.9212039

>>9211786
i mean, he's being really nice and helpful i this thread but literally everything he's saying could be learned with a quick google search but something tells me most people posting here are too stupid/lazy to put in any amount of effort and would rather post a question on a slow board and wait for a spoon-fed answer
>salicylic acid is fat soluble and is god for clearing pores
no WAY

not a knock on STHLM or whatever, mostly on you lazy fucks

>> No.9212046

>>9212039
thanks for the post

>> No.9212048

you are still the worst trip on this board and that says a lot. at least you stop posting those stupid pictures>>9210712
>>9210712
>>9210712
>>9210712
>>9210712
>>9210712
>>9210712

>> No.9212078

>>9212046
thanks for the post

>> No.9212591

>>9210712
>>9210712
>>9210712
>>9210712

Fuck off already

>> No.9212635

brehs how to get rid of redness in your face?

>> No.9212740

> zit at corner of nose
> hasnt fully formed yet, just a medium painful bump
> wake up and finally white head
> pop
> swelling immediately goes down
> 12 hours later
> small zit on forehead

Life is pain

>> No.9212906

>>9207185
Would the ocm only work well on the nose? I have white heads around my mouth sometimes

>> No.9212939

I have really thin pale skin. As a result I have dark bags under my eyes where the veins show through (even if I sleep well). Is there anything I can do?

>> No.9212950

>>9212635
drink more water.

>> No.9212954

>>9212740
well puberty will end soon enough anon

>> No.9213008

>>9211550
b my gf

>> No.9213712

what products should you use if you have dry skin

>> No.9213743

>>9211550
LONDON

>> No.9213809

>>9210562
>>9210395
>>9211786
Thank you so much. I'm really glad to be allowed to help you.

I'll try to answer problematic questions when I have time tomorrow. Seems like Ctrl + F would solve the problems of most people, though.

>> No.9213826
File: 292 KB, 1644x702, 000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9212039
hihihi

goodnight.

>> No.9214263
File: 127 KB, 500x326, skin-picking-dermatillomania.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I stop skin picking?

>> No.9214265

>>9214263
cut off your fingers

>> No.9214756

does anyone know the ombrelle brand here?

>> No.9214785
File: 26 KB, 441x441, 1354061703178.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is there any way to reduce pore size/visibility?

How can I make my skin tone more even? I have these brown spots every where.

I don't have acne or black heads, but the pores in my skin will sometimes have little white pustules protruding from it when it get rubbed raw. What are those and what can I do about them?

How can I remove the dark circles from under my eyes?

thnks bby

>> No.9214812

When I was an angry little teenager I took really bad care of my skin

>eating shit food all day
>picking at acne and dead skin
>using every harsh product thrown at me by my family

I now have a really healthy lifestyle and all my acne has slowly disappeared. Problem is I am now left with some really bad bright pink post inflam hyperpigmentation and acne scars mainly on my chin due to a shitty aggressive skincare routine with shitty products which I blindly used even after I shed the acne.

I have just been using water now as im fucking terrified of damaging my skin more.

Should I see a dermatologist before I try and create a gentle skincare routine to aid in recovery or are there some legit products which I can hit up to avoid the derm bill. Like I know that I need moisturizer asap but its stressful out there when theres a million products yelling buy me buy me.

I know I should just do the research myself but if thats what it would take I would rather just see the dermatologist.

Thanks

>> No.9214845

I take makeup off with extra virgin olive oil. And wear little makeup as well.

Use lotions with Salicylic acid to moisturize.

Avoid over exposure to sunlight

I don't shower with too hot of water (cause minur burns that cause dry skin)

Exfoliate once a week

>> No.9214855

can i use cream to try to wipe off sunscreen? does it work?

>> No.9215418

>>9214785
Hot water
Estrogen

>> No.9215531

Does it matter if I store lotion and cream in a washroom? It gets moist during showers..

>> No.9215548

>>9214812
There's nothing you can do for acne scars except lazers, but the dermatologist might be able to prescribe you something for your other shit

>> No.9215549

>>9215548
lol. read the thread

>> No.9215657

>>9210661
vitamine e oil helped me get rid of my acne scars maybe they will work on burns too

>> No.9216523

>>9210381
If you'd still like to use a cleanser (something that /could/ resolve your minor problems) then you could try using one that is milder, not comedo/acnegenic, as well as washing less frequently. Stridex for you. See the thread. One thing you could also consider is local exposure to different kinds of food fats that could act comedogenic (and in extension: acnegenic).

>>9210418
Great of you to ask about this. I've saved some studies on this topic since it's really interesting stuff, but I guess it's easier to share links like this:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0032988

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2780675/

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~go10/wp-content/media/Evolutionary-Psych-paper-2012.pdf

The thing is that it's not a matter of a "tan", since that's related to increased skin melanin due to UV* exposure (the browning of the skin). It's therefore nothing you can affect through sun exposure. It's rather a matter of making the skin a bit more red/orange by the use of foodstuff which seems to work as a cue for "healthy person" when people examine faces. This apparently plays into how attracted some people get to others.

It is absolutely possible to change your skin hue, and seems likely that it will impact how others perceive you. +4-7 portions is what recc'd based on the 1st-2nd studies. Carrots! Tomatoes! Pills work as well. Dosage depends on the brand.

Don't worry about carotenosis. Increase your intake gradually. The hue change should take weeks, and will disappear in months.

>>9210566
see studies. also, just like you said: not darker. just more red/orange.

>> No.9216566 [DELETED] 

>>9210606
Country of origin is not a factor. Ingredients and dosage is. If you like the reviews of something and think it'll work for you: go for it. :)

>>9210623
this
>>9210629

>>9210802
They're pretty much analog ingredients-wise. Both are comedogenic and humectant-based. Also:
>>9210912

>>9211001
A water-based moisturizer. The CeraVe lotion that was just discussed is good.

>>9211050
Just in case you needed verification:
http://www.drugs.com/pro/clindamycin-phosphate-and-benzoyl-peroxide.html

>>9211052
Ctrl + F "pillow"

>>9212635
see
>>9180483

>>9212740
Stridex. Also see thread for "comedo" and "BHA" and "AHA".

>>9212906
Properly performed OCM would most likely work wonders on the nose, yes. Keep in mind that it's not meant for sebaceous filaments, but actually blackheads and whiteheads, but that you'll be temporarily be rid of them as well. BHA/AHA can be used to keep excess fat and skin residues from getting stuck in the openings to the follicles.

>>9212939
It's common for people with thin and pale skin. Wrote about that here:
>>9201018

>> No.9216578 [DELETED] 

>>9187946

>>9210606
Country of origin is not a factor. Ingredients and dosage is. If you like the reviews of something and think it'll work for you: go for it. :)

>>9210623
this
>>9210629

>>9210802
They're pretty much analog ingredients-wise. Both are comedogenic and humectant-based. Also:
>>9210912

>>9211001

>>9211050

>>9211052
Ctrl + F "pillow"

>>9212635
see
>>9180483

>>9212740

>>9212906
Properly performed OCM would most likely work wonders on the nose, yes. Keep in mind that it's not meant for sebaceous filaments, but actually blackheads and whiteheads, but that you'll be temporarily be rid of them as well. BHA/AHA can be used to keep excess fat and skin residues from getting stuck in the openings to the follicles.

>>9212939
>>9187946

>> No.9216582

>>9210606

>>9210623
this
>>9210629

>>9210802
>>9210912

>>9211001

>>9211050

>>9211052
Ctrl + F "pillow"

>>9212635
see
>>9180483

>>9212740

>>9212906

>>9212939
>>9187946

>> No.9216631

>>9214263
That's an issue for a therapist, and not a dermatologist. I'd first of all recommend you to seek professional help. There is /also/ a good support community at reddit.com/r/CompulsiveSkinPicking

>>9214785
pore size: AHA + BHA will both help with this. They will decrease the amount of shit in there. Also peroxides, but they are rather harsh.

Re. brown spots: see "hyperpigmentation" in this thread, or if it's simply birthmarks.

Re. white pustules: Are you sure that the protruding objects are actually "pustules"? They should then be filled with some actual pus, coupled with some red skin around it (inflamed tissue). Most likely a case of "whiteheads" (open comedones), or "sebaceous filaments". See thread for info on both. Even if it's pustules then you're going to treat it in roughly the same way anyways.

Re. dark circles under eyes: see
>>9187946

The terms you're using seems correct.
Hydrocortisone cream seems to be your best bet. Keeping your skin moisturized is also generally not harmful to the skin whatsoever. A sunscreen will help prevent further damage to the skin. More info:
>>9201105

>>9214845
I didn't detect a question here, but I just wanted to inform:
>I don't shower with too hot of water (cause minur burns that cause dry skin)
Hot water coupled with different kinds of detergents act on your skin in the same way like it does when it's applied to a dirty frying pan: the fats are removed. When the fat (sebum) covering the skin is removed, then the moisture (water) within the uppermost layers of the skin evaporates easier. This dries the skin out and it loses elasticity and stuff.

>>9215418
;_;

>>9215531
No worries at all, as long as you don't get water and other skin products into the containers.

>> No.9216632

How do I make my face look younger? Everyone I know thinks I look 30 when I am only 24. I am starting to hate it. I have black rings under my eyes so that might have something to do with it.

>> No.9216840

>>9216632
health
nutrition
exercise
skin care

you know.

>> No.9216883

>>9185041
I bought the Dickinson toner and I'm not a fan of it. It makes my skin irritated. but its different for everyone. I would recommend just putting regular witch hazel in an atomizer,

>> No.9216917

What's the deal with /r/skincareaddiction? They say they're not for profit but they're a LLC. Is the info there reliable/unbiased?

Also, if I never see the sun, do I really need sunscreen?

>> No.9217142

Is it possible for scars to become more apparent from doing skincare? It's kind of freaking me out.

>> No.9217216

>>9217142
skincare should reduce the scars... unless you're being really aggressive I gues

>> No.9217503

>>9210628
you're a fucking idiot. I'm American and spend time reading dermatology research and have a few derms as family/friends. Korean products are way ahead of the US in terms of efficacy testing, safety, and product reliability. In fact, the only regulations that the FDA has for skincare products is that they work, not that they're effective. An increasing amount of cosmetic chemists in the US are testing things that have been far approved in SK and or Japan and Europe years ago.

2/10 educate yourself dumb nigger,

>> No.9217517

>>9216917
SCA is nonprofit, none of the mods are involved in any kind of business venture that I know of. There's that guy Nathan from Paula's Choice that occasionally answers question for people (they've done AMAs before), but most people are free to ask questions and demand responses from the mods. Most things have scientific/journal articles to support their claims (if not in the comments, in the sidebar). I would say that it's pretty unbiased, but people do get "culty" about certain products which may freak out beginners who don't patch test before trying things. For example, Cerave in the Tub was a longstanding favorite of theirs, but it ended up breaking me out since i'm allergic to cetyl alcohol.

>> No.9217523

>>9216917
and yes, you need sunscreen. Even if you're by windows, most windows don't come with enough filters to remove UVA rays, which are largely responsible for the aging effects of the sun, and also have long term implications in melanoma development and other DNA mutations. They are at equal strength during a good part of the day, but not as "obvious" as UVB. Make sure your sunscreen has a good PPD rating.

>> No.9217542

>>9217523

Do you really need to reapply it every 2 hours? That hassle makes it seem not worth it.

>> No.9217572

>>9217542
You don't need to reapply every two hours. Only if you're at the beach in the summer or some shit.

>> No.9217613

>>9217517
The sidebar links to skincare-addiction.com which generates money by referral links and selling products.

>>9217523
Nope no windows for me while the sun is out this time of year. I spend long hours in a cubicle.

>> No.9217741

>>9217572

Why would that matter? Does the sun wear it out or something?

>> No.9217863

Is there any way I can take sunscreen off my face without cleansing products? I don't have cleansing oils

>>9217741
well if you're at a beach, the water would wear it off

>> No.9217970

>>9217863

Ultimately my question is, if i spend several hours inside will the sunscreen wear off and need to be reapplied? Or does it take sun exposure for it to wear off?

>> No.9218002

i need help fast. my skin is always clear, sometimes small blemishes, but all of the sudden just now i noticed this huge swollen bump on my cheek, red on the outside and a bit lighter in the middle, my gf's birthday is next week, what do i do? i have ice on it right now. help plzzz

>> No.9218108

>>9217970
http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/sun-care/_/how-to-apply-sunscreen#apptime

>> No.9218178

There's been a recent change in the skin care section of the wiki. Could someone kindly verify its credibility?

>> No.9218298

Should I bother applying sunscreen when I don't see sun in the winter for the most part?

I leave home at 8:20 and the sun rises at like 8:40. I leave school at 3:30 and the sun sets at 4pm.... It's a 15 minute drive

>> No.9219538

Is it normal to apply facial moisturizer after applying toner? I don't like that dry feeling on my face.

>> No.9220910

bump