[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 183 KB, 800x800, Edgy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9103397 No.9103397 [Reply] [Original]

Which Edgy is best Edgy ?

Feel free to post more examples over the years.

>> No.9103411

>>9103397

50s

it's the most practical, especially if you have a motorcycle

also 70s "edgy" is casual today

>> No.9103414

>>9103397
50s greaser style is probably the best overall, but its not even remotely edgy anymore.

60s... wtf was Lenon thinking ?

70s edgy looks pretty casual. Straight cut jeans. No bell bottoms like most faggots were wearing.

80s Bender egdy might be my personal favorite and even today its pretty try hard edgy. Not an easy look to pull off unless youre a badass.

90s and 00s edgy reminds me how much rap has fucked up our culture. Fuck that goofy looking shit.

>> No.9103430

>>9103414

rap isn't even really popular anymore, the garbage that passes for "rap" today is more like spoken pop music than anything else

makes me wonder what comes next, because ukeleles aren't catching on like they hoped

>> No.9103432

>>9103411
I think 70s edgy was casual about 8-10 years ago. That look came back and is gone again. Sad but 00+ fuccboi edgy is much more common

>> No.9103443

>>9103430
While rap isnt cool like it was in the 90s and early 00s, I think its more popular than ever and "hip hop culture" has woven itself into the fabric of our daily lives.

>> No.9103449

>>9103432

depends where you are, 00+ edge is certainly the norm in most cities and suburbs but most rural areas (and I mean rural, not exurbs or any place within 30 minutes of an interstate) 70s edgy never went away in the first place

>> No.9103452

>>9103430
That's more hiphopwired.com than rap. Rap just touched a lot of people. It does feel weird to listen to Mobb Deep while wearing skinny jeans

>> No.9103454

>>9103449
I hear you and agree 100%.

>> No.9103468

>>9103443

of course it has, but I'm willing to admit that 90s tupac era rap had an appeal, mostly because it felt "real". Same was true of lots of rock bands in the late 60s, though it certainly was a lot cleaner.

really it doesn't matter though, rap may have effected our culture but as a mainstream force it's now no different than the latest miley cyrus or katy perry pop stuff. We're at the point where the Internet has destroyed traditional methods of record producing such that the "real" music scene is fragmented to the point where regular people won't even attempt to try and understand it

>> No.9103476

>>9103468
We're talking about fashion not music. His point stands and you only reinforced it.

>> No.9103530

>>9103476

yes and yes

>> No.9103531
File: 507 KB, 500x450, Guy Fieri Wave Arms.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9103397
>tfw Guy Feire will always be early 00s bleached hair, wrap around sunglasses and flames Edgy

>> No.9103556

>>9103430
>>>/r/lewronggeneration

>> No.9103566

>>9103397
Wasn't 90s edgy the Hot Topic Trent Reznor look?

>> No.9103580

>>9103566
The 90s had a shit load of different edgy looks. Probably the edgiest generation.

>> No.9103587

>>9103452
>Mobb Deep
Yigga mah nigga

>> No.9103588

>>9103566
90s edgy was hot topic goth/trent look, with trip pants
00s edgy was scene

>> No.9103589

>>9103566
i think there were 2 different looks, one being the hard gangsta, and the other, being trent. I think the early 90's was more of trent's style. Then there was grunge...

>> No.9103598

Ok none of you are willing to admit it since you don't want to grow up but there needs to be a picture for 2010 and up

>> No.9103600

>>9103468
This is what Reddit looks like. I hope you fucking die.

>> No.9103609

>>9103598
Actually, I'd say that beavers picture should be for 2010, 2000 was more crummycore think Jesse in Breaking Bad

>> No.9105369

???PHOTO IS BULLSHIT???
70s photo is older than the 60s photo. 2 Lane Blacktop was released in 1971 so it was probably taken right in 1970. The John Lennon photo shows a jacket he wore for the 1972 Madison Square Garden concert. The 00s aren't represented because that Beeber photo is probably too recent.
Aside from underwear as outerwear and co-opting uniforms this photo is a weak effort.

>> No.9105433

>>9103580
>decade = entire generation

>> No.9105438

>>9103397
Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. It was popular and hip on tumblr because that happens, tumblr typically gets into things a bit before the mainstream. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. Now it's leaking into the mainstream and some people who used to identify as "extremist" feminists are noticing the absurdity and ignoring it.

Granted, it's going to be in the mainstream (like this video) for a decent while. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. But like most things, the mainstream will either drive it into the ground to the point of no one caring or some feminist icon will do something really shitty.

Granted there'll be little pockets of alternative people hailing 3wave feminism, but they'll be less vocal. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. The spotlight is on them currently but there will be another trend for people who want to be on the "right side of history to behind". It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. 3wave feminism is nothing more than a passing trend and it's only as successful and loud as it is because the people into it are actually under the impression that they're getting things done. I don't have an issue with people being more lax (Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass.) with gays and body issues but this will slowly fade away.

Remember how vocal people were about vegetarianism about 5-8 years ago? Now it's just another "oh okay" sort of thing. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass.

The thing is is that I've been noticing a lot of gaining backlash towards 3wave tumblr feminism.

Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass, tumblr typically gets into things a bit before the mainstream. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass.

>> No.9105439

>>9103531
Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. It was popular and hip on tumblr because that happens, tumblr typically gets into things a bit before the mainstream. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. Now it's leaking into the mainstream and some people who used to identify as "extremist" feminists are noticing the absurdity and ignoring it.

Granted, it's going to be in the mainstream (like this video) for a decent while. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. But like most things, the mainstream will either drive it into the ground to the point of no one caring or some feminist icon will do something really shitty.

Granted there'll be little pockets of alternative people hailing 3wave feminism, but they'll be less vocal. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. The spotlight is on them currently but there will be another trend for people who want to be on the "right side of history to behind". It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. 3wave feminism is nothing more than a passing trend and it's only as successful and loud as it is because the people into it are actually under the impression that they're getting things done. I don't have an issue with people being more lax (Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass.) with gays and body issues but this will slowly fade away.

Remember how vocal people were about vegetarianism about 5-8 years ago? Now it's just another "oh okay" sort of thing. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass.

The thing is is that I've been noticing a lot of gaining backlash towards 3wave tumblr feminism.

Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass, tumblr typically gets into things a bit before the mainstream. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass.

>> No.9105443

>>9103609
This very much, Jesse is an excellent example of early 00's fashion.

>> No.9105447

>>9105443
>Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. It was popular and hip on tumblr because that happens, tumblr typically gets into things a bit before the mainstream. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. Now it's leaking into the mainstream and some people who used to identify as "extremist" feminists are noticing the absurdity and ignoring it.
>Granted, it's going to be in the mainstream (like this video) for a decent while. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. But like most things, the mainstream will either drive it into the ground to the point of no one caring or some feminist icon will do something really shitty.
>Granted there'll be little pockets of alternative people hailing 3wave feminism, but they'll be less vocal. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. The spotlight is on them currently but there will be another trend for people who want to be on the "right side of history to behind". It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass. 3wave feminism is nothing more than a passing trend and it's only as successful and loud as it is because the people into it are actually under the impression that they're getting things done. I don't have an issue with people being more lax (Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass.) with gays and body issues but this will slowly fade away.
>Remember how vocal people were about vegetarianism about 5-8 years ago? Now it's just another "oh okay" sort of thing. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass.
>The thing is is that I've been noticing a lot of gaining backlash towards 3wave tumblr feminism.
>Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass, tumblr typically gets into things a bit before the mainstream. Think of it this way: It's a trend, and like all trends it'll pass.

>> No.9106211

>>9103397
Judd Nelson was the Jake Gyllenhaal of the 80's.

>> No.9106356
File: 90 KB, 500x360, 90smm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9103397
>90s edgy
>no manson & spooky kids

>> No.9107168

>>9106356
> 90's /fa/ meetup

>> No.9107516

00's was definitely emo/scene.

>> No.9107612

>>9107516
agreed. b-but what about 10's thus far? Is it the more recent ricky-dick riders and previously floralfags/hypebeasts?

>> No.9107627

>>9103556
>>9103600

>getting THIS mad that some people don't think modern music is as good as older music

>> No.9107628

this photo is bad and you should feel bad.

>> No.9107631

where's the beatnik look

>> No.9107646

>>9107627
>implying modern music isn't everything 'old' music was and more

top-40 bs which plebs base their perception of music upon is separate from the 'real' music subcultures. I don't even think you can compare the industry today to previous decades. Apples and oranges at this point. Good music is so hidden anymore that the average normie thinks all 'new' music sounds like the trash on TV or FM radio,

>> No.9108688

70s, 80s, and 90s.
90s especially because it's Pac in a redwings jersey and that shit is just awesome

>> No.9108697

Beiber doesn't look any different than Marky Mark in the 90s. And edgy right now is more tumblrcore bullshit.

00s was basically shithead-core inspired by hip-hop and stuff like Linkin Park. Basically baggy pants, fitteds, posing in the camera like you're a thug type shit.

>> No.9108707
File: 305 KB, 800x1200, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9103397
James Dean
Bob Dylan
Clint Eastwood
Elvis
Marlon Brando
Steve McQueen
All have timeless and classic style. Have to have to right attitude to pull it off though, can't be some sperglord and conversely can't be some fuccboi.

>> No.9108726

>>9107646
Music is gonna continue being more and more disparate than ever since you don't really have to listen to top 40 and music is pretty much non-existent on TV now.

Record labels don't even try to sign and market weird, edgy, crazy shit anymore because they know that that audience for that on the internet and they don'' have to waste their money advertising and printing cds for a band that's only gonna go gold with every album.

Back then there was a benefit for trying to catch every facet of every market, so getting shit like Korn a record deal was kinda beneficial because back then the dickheads who would listen to stuff like Korn would only have the radio or tv to find out about it.

Record labels now just sell what they know people will buy, this is why you see less and less of even shit like the Fray on the radio because that shit doesn't sell anymore.

The 00s were probably the last time for any sort of rock to dominate radio. Post-grunge finally died (thank god), people finally started seeing nu-metal for the whiny white boy bull shit it was and nu-metal's biggest band can hardly break top 40 anymore. Pop-punk just went pop-rock(see Fall Out Boy'
s most recent shit or Gerard Way solo) or just full pop like Panic at the Disco.

>> No.9108746

>>9107612

ravekids

>> No.9108765

>>9107627
well i mean modern music is better
so like whatever right