[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 2.56 MB, 973x1586, brandlabels.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9101708 No.9101708 [Reply] [Original]

I dislike brandlogos but got a few items on discount having them. Now, is it possible to remove them without damaging the fabric or leaving signs of it?
Poloshirts, sweaters and a cardigan.

is it also possible to remove completely inseamed labels (neck area) without traces?

>> No.9101728

>>9101708
You're literally paying for the logo. Most that use the logo employ slave labour. You can do a lot better tbh

>> No.9101758

Oh god finally someone mentioned this. I guess you can turn it inside out and carefully cut the strings. It's ok if it's a logo by hillfiger but it's a too long process if the logo is only letters like "rick owens" :^)

anyone knows a better way?

>> No.9101802

>>9101728
That's not true when a brand is good you're usually paying for the quality or the design of the piece of clothing not the name.

>>9101708
>is it also possible to remove completely inseamed labels (neck area) without traces?

It all depends on what they use to put the brand on and the quality of the clothing. The best piece of advice I could give you though is go slow when removing shit, like really slow.

>> No.9101862

>>9101802
I'm not saying that all clothing with embroideries do, but within the bubble of brands that would be similar to OPs image, a good deal of them use shakey cheap labour

>> No.9101877

>>9101862
dont start a debate about working condition.

ripping the seams open would take some time but my mine concern is a loose, wringelt, with a lot of holes or otherwise damaged fabric. how likely is this with knitwear?

>> No.9101886

No it's not really feasible, you'd have to employ your own army of SEA slave children to de-logoize all your shitake muslimz, thereby ironically doubling the amount of sweatshop labor you support witih your purchoices.

Also, I try to sterilize as much of my clothes as possible, so that I don't look pleb wearing basic brand basics, etc.

I order Indochino suits and de-label them so I can pretend to ppl that they're bespoke, etc. etc.

I've learned the removing logos is a bitch, especially if they're woven in like the ones in your pics

>> No.9101903

>>9101708
The Cardin doesn't look hard at all.
I used a razor blade to remove an embroidery on a sweater that was had the same style the cardigan has.
Just don't cut to hard or you will get the fabric.

>> No.9101918

embroidered logos are basically impossible to remove cleanly or completely. your best bet is just to sew a patch over them tbh.

>> No.9101949

>>9101877
>>9101877
shaky cheap labor = shaky cheap clothes you fuckwit

the brands in the op image all make shit quality clothes

you shouldn't spend any money on these clothes ever

>> No.9102843

>>9101949
basicly every brand lets manufacture somewhere overseas for cheap money. from h&m to hugo boss. There are still quality differences between cheap clothes like h&m and others. I got the clothes for 50%-75% off and the quality is allready way above h&m. As long as i cant afford local made, maybe bespoke clothes i barely have any other options, dont you think so?