[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 170 KB, 816x314, gyakusou.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8127640 No.8127640[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So I was thinking for running shoes I should get either roshe runs (not the generic ones, probably one with a nice texture like the marble ones) or Gyakasou lunarglide 5's in brown because personally I think they look amazing. However, I think roshes are far too overplayed now, and I can't find the lunarglides (in that colour) anywhere without them being a million britbucks. So where can I get some effay running shoes for <£100?
pic related

>> No.8128204

Roshes aren't good for running. Don't get them.
Gyakusous are supposed to be decent, I've had no experience, but definitely paying more just for the collab than an actual good running shoe. Probably best to go to a store that has actual knowledge about running and can find a shoe to best suit you personally.

Also don't buy Gyaks if you dont actually run

>> No.8129363
File: 71 KB, 1024x518, 20v3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just get some all black New Balance Minumus (pick which ever you like most, or ca afford)
I swithed over from like tall cushy soled shoes to a pair of minimalist ones. Its an interetsing experience, and i feel better about running mostly.

And running shoes are ment to be disposable almost, if you buy some limited edition pair and wear those fuckers out, you're going to hate it,

Ive got these in a different colorway i got for 40 dollars on sale, comes in Wide sizes, so thats key for me.
Its just an option, dont have to buy into the hype if you dont like it.

>> No.8129939
File: 265 KB, 347x372, lunarspiders.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP here, I went with a pair of Nike Lunarspider LT+2's...anyone here ever worn a pair of these? how were they?

>> No.8130121

god i wish someone would have stickied my rant about running shoes

short version: I've ran cross country and track for 10 years. Nike is shit for running shoes. Their absolute best stuff is just decent. They do make good flats and spikes, but that's strictly for racing, and only if you know what you're doing. If you are seriously into, or hoping to start, running; you really shouldn't be giving a shit about how fashionable your running shoes will be to your online friends. Go to an actual running store, not footlocker, champs, or anything of that type. Get someone to fit you and help pick a pair. They'll probably hook you up with some Saucony's or Mizuno's, both of which generally look decent, and are perfect training shoes. There's so many unnoticeable little things you can do to yourself running with the wrong shoes that will fuck you up in the long run, really not worth it just for the sake of fashion.

>> No.8130439
File: 362 KB, 900x671, nike-flyknit-lunar2-wolf-grey-05.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8127640
get those instead

>> No.8130450

>>8130439

damn son where'd you find those

>> No.8130474

>>8130450
here you go
http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/running/flyknit-lunar.html