[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 47 KB, 500x686, 1374627785251.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8086677 No.8086677 [Reply] [Original]

Let's have a discussion; why do you guys buy designer clothing? Especially when I know a good portion of the demographic here are college students. Please list honest reasons and elaborate. Also please refrain from stupid shit like "lel designer is so much better then fast fashion"; elaborate as said. Also no I don't have anything against designer clothing because I myself purchase it.

>> No.8086688

>>8086677

The cut and fit are what work best on my body.

I'm also very lazy, so fabrics that wear in well and gain character with age suit my lifestyle.

>> No.8086690

>>8086677

My mother would have raised me as a textile/composition snob. Wearing things that are well-made make me feel like I am not betraying my mother, even though she left when I was younger. Although I can't afford to buy high-end goods all the time (e.g. if I need a black tee for an event tomorrow, I'm not going to go to a high-end department store), I try to look for good composition and better fabrics. I feel proud of wearing things that are well made. I like the feeling of wearing high-quality fabrics. They are like receiving a hug from my mother when she is not here.

>> No.8086710
File: 350 KB, 1000x375, clash1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There are some designer clothes that you will never find a cheaper alternative for.