[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 89 KB, 660x413, yohji_01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7967951 No.7967951 [Reply] [Original]

-post favorite japanese designers
-favorite japanese pieces
-/fa/ stories about you and japanese

>wake up this morning with wood
>turn on the my PC and go onto xhamster
>watch daddy cock in the bathroom collection
>as im getting ready to cum to the daughter jerking the dad off in the bathroom the camera pans in close to her face
>realize how ugly japanese women are in general
>as I cum a feeling of regret that I learned the japanese language comes over me because their girls are not even hot
>wish I would have taken french instead

pic related, it's Yohji my favorite japanese designer.

>> No.7968003
File: 143 KB, 1080x1920, 1394815216181.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yohji is my fav 2 bruv

Pic is my yohji pants

>> No.7968008

>>7968003
that is sick man your house is dusty though

>> No.7968009

>>7967951
One day I'll afford yohji, till them I'll just keep wearing second hand undercover pieces ;___;

>> No.7968576

>>7967951
Your using green text wrong bro.

>> No.7968588

>>7968576
>>>/jp/

>> No.7968590

>>7968003
What shoes bra

>> No.7968618
File: 59 KB, 420x640, Noir Advertisement.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yohji + Rei my 2 favourite designers, need to broaden my horizons because they're pretty much what I've been looking into exclusively for the past year

I see love for Yohji but I see almost 0 interest in CdG here / fashion communities in general, I guess it's a bit too out there for most

Too tired to post anything meaningful but just gonna throw out a bunch of noteworthy Japanese designers apart from the already big and established ones

anrealage
mintdesigns
facetasm
dresscamp
matohu
sacai
kolor
nozomi ishiguro
ne - net

tokyo fashion week is happening right now and i'm pretty sure there are live streams of the shows on the website so check them out if you're interested

>> No.7968656

>fashionsnap.com/collection/
Recently updated.

>> No.7968661

FUCK YOU WEEABOO I HATE WEEABOOS SO FUCKING MUCH

>> No.7968682

>>7968618
The Viridi-Anne isn't bad either.

>> No.7968736

>>7968661
>>>/reddit/

>> No.7968745

>>7967951
i think it's more that humans in general are unattractive. as far as asian countries go i think japan is pretty decent for women. not as bad as china or vietnam.

but on topic,
i like mostly well known jap brands like wtaps, beams, visvim, needles, head porter, etc.

>> No.7968749

>>7968003
looks great. your house looks cozy

>> No.7968756

>>7967951
undercover WAS my favourite but idk find them boring now.
mastermind is boring
i like yohji
sk8thing is a cool dude

>> No.7968762

>>7967951
someone post some cool attachment or number (n)ine stuff.

>> No.7968760

>>7968756
i agree that those two brands are boring. i think i discovered them too late to really see what they did in the beginning that mattered, but now i just dont get a sense of creativity or cutting edge from them. seem to just be banking off the name they already created. like many brands do.

>> No.7968772
File: 199 KB, 640x427, 1395306949085.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7968773
File: 38 KB, 960x640, visvim-fabro-folk-loafers-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7968774

Bedwin is dope. i like wtaps too

>> No.7968775

>>7967951

>/fa/ stories about you and japanese

>tfw half jap gf
>tfw she's into kurosawa
>tfw her great grandfather was a legitimate samurai, they still have katanas at home
>tfw 'you want to come to japan with me sometime?'
>tfw she's surprised as to why I know what '-kun', '-san' and 'kawaii' means

:~)

>>7968618

I'd love to get deeper into jap fashun but Yohji is pmuch the only designer ever posted, you got some resources for smn that wants to do some reading on the subject? You seem pretty knowledgeable

>> No.7968781

>>7968775
>>7968656

japanese fashion week fw14

>> No.7968782

>>7968618
there generally isnt much interest in things nobody here can afford. not to mention things they cant pull off. if it isnt trendy the rabble of /fa/ doesnt care.

>> No.7968783

Pls dump cool Jap designer pieces
Want to cop cool J pieces

>> No.7968784

>>7968781

I was thinking about maybe articles or literature on the subject but this is great, too, thanks anon

>> No.7968793
File: 100 KB, 700x1050, 294908.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7968009
u know u can get yohji suits second hand for like $200

>> No.7968795

>>7968782

it's the same with every board. there are a few people on /fa/ that care about fasion and a ton of people that care about being effay, that is the main difference. being effay is more about presenting yourself, looking good, it's about image more than anything. it's a lifestyle. fashion is a passion (see what I did there lql). It's the same with /mu/ and /lit/, some people see their taste as an extension of themselves, sort of an absurd accesory.

>> No.7968796

>>7968784
Wasn't me posting the link, I'm looking through the collections myself right now.
Pretty interesting stuff.

>> No.7968797

>>7968795
Yeah, /fa/ isn't really about fashion, it's about looking good.

>> No.7968803
File: 184 KB, 558x728, 1986.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7968775

Books are your best bet, educating yourself on Japan's influence on fashion is really fun and makes you look at fashion / style / dress in a whole new way

Books are your best bet:

>Japan Fashion Now
>Future Beauty : 30 Years of Japanese Fashion
>Japanese Fashion Designers : The work of Issey Miyake, Yohji Yamamoto, and Rei Kawakubo

First 2 are relatively new with lots of pictures and fun things to read about - third is a bit more text - heavy with a more formal tone

Are great books that deal with Japanese Fashion on a broader scale - the social / cultural backgrounds, the big designers Yohji & Rei, and the street fashion scene. Really good (and fun) reads if you have access to them through a bookstore or library.

collectingknowledge.tumblr.com < my fashion knowledge / reading blog, have lots of posts on Japanese Fashion, hope u enjoy

>> No.7968817

>>7968803

that is exactly what I was looking for, the only thing I can offer in exchange is sucking on your ding dong and fondling your cojones if that's cool with you

>> No.7968821

>>7968803
Not him but thanks a lot anon.

>> No.7968822

lived in japan for three months once. best time of my life. was down in kagoshima so the food and weather were incredible. kagoshima doesn't get that many foreigners so when i'd walk down the street girls would constantly run up to me asking for photographs together or stammer out the words, "do u havu gallfrend?" good times

>> No.7968826

>>7968822
do you speak the language? I want to visit tokyo, but i dont know a single word. i have no friends that could afford to come with me so i'm worried of getting lost there.

>> No.7968842

>>7968826
i can a little bit. i was actually hoping to improve my language while over there but i was staying with my dad's friends and their son was fluent in english so i didn't really get to use it much

was so nice, listening to the cicadas, drinking cold drinks from vending machines, the blistering heat and haze, playing football in the sand, letting of fireworks in the park, watching mount sakurajima cover the city in thin layers of ash, eating fried skewers of pork from street vendors, lounging around on straw mats on the floor

man, i want to go back

>> No.7968852

>>7968842

not the guy you replying to but sounds like a fantastic trip :~)

>> No.7968862
File: 1.85 MB, 2592x1936, 055.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7968817
>>7968821

No problem guise, if something interests you then do your own research, it's really fun and rewarding.

>>7968842

Damn that sounds amazing. I'm going to be staying at a friend's in Tokyo this July for 3 weeks and I cannot speak a single word of Japanese, and will have to be out on my own most of the time since my friend still has university classes during that time. Shopping and the city will be really exciting but what you described sounds really nice too, thinking of heading to Kyoto / Osaka for a few days on my own but not sure if I can handle traveling on my own in a completely foreign country

Pic related to thread: was at the library today reading about CdG. Pic is from the book "Sonomama Sonomama : High Fashion in the Japanese Countryside", a short photobook of normal Japanese country folk in the 80s wearing High / Brand name Fashion labels provided by the photographers. Love the book and relates alot to the philosophy of Yohji.

Farmer and Wife in Yohji Yamamoto.

>> No.7968864
File: 1.56 MB, 2592x1936, 058.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7968862

Monk in Issey Miyake

>> No.7968868
File: 1.95 MB, 1936x2592, 064.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7968864

Barber in some designer I didn't get the name of

Will be posting a short excerpt from a really nice interview at the end of this book on my blog

>> No.7968905

>>7968003
model?

>> No.7968914

>>7968576
how so?

>> No.7968917

>>7968775
>half-jap gf
ugh my ex was half-jap half-italian, probably the best mix I could think of. Fuck Eurasians are hot

>> No.7968919

>>7968822
>tfw no japanese qts asking me if i have a gf
>tfw i took japanese for 2 years in middle school but didn't pay attention

>> No.7968924
File: 31 KB, 334x600, 1395312926399.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I went to japan when i was 12 for a school excursion as we were taught japanese in primary school. It was rad and im planning to go back next year. Currently improving my japanese via Rosetta Stone. Great food, great atmosphere and loved the vending machines over there.
>tfw wasnt into anime and fashion back then ;_;

I do love julius , YY and undercover.
pic related, one of my grails

>> No.7968934

Can anyone do a Japanese streetwear dump? Just got into the aesthetic and want some inspo

>> No.7968940

>>7968803
there's some inane shit in this but why don't you post the links with the articles?

>> No.7968944
File: 67 KB, 640x960, 1394473616639.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7968934
Here's one of Intimacy; he's white but this is a pretty japstreet-looking fit and I love it

>> No.7968956

>>7968934
>>7968944
Also this fit >>7967289

>> No.7968961

>>7968944
w2c outfit?

>> No.7968975

>>7968961
Nonnative roamer short sleeve knit or something, I'm not sure about the pants and I think those are just Clarks desert boots

>> No.7968981
File: 24 KB, 451x600, 1395315145940.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a fan of Yamamoto and Rei, I own pieces from both YYPH & CDH+
I also like Issey Fujita and Yoko Ito, of Lumen et Umbra and Individual Sentiments respectively

I'm always down to talk about japanese fashion, but I'm growing further away from streetwear stuff, even labels I used to hold dear like Number (N)ine, Junya Watanabe Man and Undercover. The above four are the only japanese labels I'll wear items from anymore, but there's still plenty of interesting labels worth talking about and historically important labels, most specifically the trio

Here's some 'taps stuff though

>> No.7968983
File: 133 KB, 600x600, N-3B AW10 [1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Interview with Tetsu Nishiyama of WTAPS

After 3.11 (2011 Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami), Japan has not actually changed, you know. The problems are piled up like how to handle the radiation and earthquakes, and nothing has been received. Not even an answer has been found. That is why I think like this. What can I, a person living in such a country, even do? Of course there is no correct answer and there is no way of finding one. That is why I thought I just had to take what I can do and make action. Right after the disaster I took what I thought and put it into words and expressed them as t - shirts through FORTY PERCENTS AGAINST RIGHTS and sent messages out through SNS. I wanted to do that, and that was all I can do. While feeling helplessness during this.

>What is the importance of transmitting?
I listen to the radio alot. Feeling the flowing music and being impressed by the words said by the DJs. So, since I am a person who makes things, I felt I had to do something as a transmitter. I feel 3.11 exposed an ultimate part of humans. Even the final door hidden up until now easily blew open. Well, there is no excuse if we get labeled as being in a stupor of peace, but there really are no times that is chaotic like now. That is why I take importance in transmitted words. Because it is something that permeates deep. I will keep working on my ways of the meaning of words and how to transmit.

>How about the road from 3.11 to the GIP - STORE opening and up until now, in other words, what about your feeling?
Time flows really fast, In the aspect of speed. One year went by in a moment. But, since I can feel is being fast, how the 24 hours of my daily life are spent, is spent more valuable compared to pre 3.11. Also after 3.11, I strongly felt “to do what you have to do as soon as you can”. I will be 40 years old soon. The half way point of life. I do not want to live the rest of my life like my life up until now, I do not want to waste a single day.

>> No.7968985
File: 259 KB, 482x600, A-2 Bomber Black AW08 [2].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Has the environment around you changed?
Of course. That is why I have started to think that if time is going to be chasing you, why not let it pass you? I am a person after all so things I cannot do, are things I cannot do. There are many things that you lose sight of when you get rushed by time. That is why when time passes me, I feel there will be something to be realized as I look at the rear view of time. And to start moving forward again from that point. That is how I feel especially now

>That may be a unique way of thinking.
It is difficult to find out how people think. But I think to notice like that is “character”. It may be easier to understand if I say it is to re - evaluate what your values are.

>What is it to re - evaluate your values?
It is to verify what you saw, things you saw, and also people and to make way for something new. As a compilation, I will be releasing my own book this year. It will be a book with selections that I made of what has affected me throughout my life up until now. Why I like it? What part I like about it? I am thinking about writing about these things.

>So this feeling of selection you have is the origin of your imagination.
More like, that is all I have. By being particular in detail to each event, I was able to find new values. A sense, maybe it is because I only have this means to express myself. I am not that skillful (laughs)

>> No.7968988
File: 36 KB, 550x367, TO 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Some stuff on TVA

The Viridi-anne is a small Japanese label that's beginning to make very big waves in the international menswear arena. Started in 2001 by Tomoaki Okaniwa, the brand has gained a well-earned reputation for its use of superb material, craftsmanship and style. Viridi-anne is one of a growing number of menswear brands from Japan—including Julius and N. Hoolywood—that are beginning to make headlines both at home and abroad.

For his spring/summer '09 collection, "Breathe," the ever-innovative Okaniwa focused on a different way of presenting his designs. The six-person design team collaborated on a special film installation that was first shown in Paris earlier this summer and then again in Tokyo's Aoyama Studios. Inspired by Japanese visual creators Shimurabros, the conceptual film installation (loosely based on slapstick comedy) marked another way in which the visionary label stands out from the crowd.

The esoteric designs were born out of Okaniwa's dissatisfaction with the clothes he saw around him. Although coming from a fine arts background, he began to make apparel that embodies an aesthetic motto of "quiet and strong." Of this duality in the s/s '09 collection, Okaniwa explains: "On the outside the designs are simple, but inside they are really strong, complex and comfortable."

>> No.7968990
File: 348 KB, 800x1120, Irregular Striped Cardigan [1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The installation was shown only hours before the exclusive opening reception for the new Viridi-anne flagship store in Minami-Aoyama. Moving from the popular and touristy Harajuku to the more mature and sophisticated Aoyama can be seen as a bold statement of intent. The new store—which Okaniwa designed himself—is seen as "necessary" in order to have a more "recognizable look and position in fashion." Located on a quiet and unassuming backstreet, the compact black box structure packs a punch with elegant lighting and glass covered installations, including a suspended leather jumpsuit. The designer stated that he wanted to create a store like "an original museum"—unique and incomparable, much like his designs.

>> No.7968994
File: 12 KB, 279x420, Baseball Stitch Boots.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Another interview with Okaniwa of TVA

Have you ever wondered why Japanese design is so damn good? Here is the answer – the Japanese do not differentiate between fine arts and design like we do in the West. They treat both the artist and the artisan equally. This is the way Tomoaki Okaniwa, the designer behind the young labelThe Viridi-Anne, thinks. Born in Nagano, he moved to Tokyo as a teenager to study oil painting, but then switched to fashion. He launched The Viridi-Anne in 2000. Clean tailoring prevails in Okaniwa’s work, but upon closer inspection subtle details like curved seams and seamlessly incorporated extra pockets give the clothes a sense of vitality that is not aggressive, but rather subdued. “The main concept of my work is based on the beauty of simplicity and the effects of time,” Okaniwa says. “I want to create garments with roots in the ideal of ‘wabi-sabi’ that incorporates the aesthetics of imperfection, incompleteness, and the effects of natural processes, but I want to mix it with a modern vision.“ Okaniwa’s clothes possess a good mix of European and Japanese cultures. His latest collection is based on Picasso’s Blue Period. We asked the designer to answer a few questions about his work.

>How did you become a fashion designer?
I began my creative life as a painter. I was inspired by modern art in general, and one Japanese artist, Leonardo Fujita, in particular. He was an oil painter who lived and worked in Paris. His use of colors, fine sense of balance and choice of subjects were extremely beautiful.I became interested in Fashion through Punk culture and spirit as captured by Malcolm McClaren and Vivienne Westwood. This was a major influence that led me to design clothes. The whole idea of self-re-invention like Fujita did in Paris and the whole idea of “art on your back and not on your wall “ came from them.

>> No.7968997

>>7968940

it was a personal blog for a while just for me to record things i liked / learned, it still is in a sense - i only post / paste segments that are something new to me, if i already know about some stuff mentioned in interviews / articles i don't bother leaving it in. it's not really for other people, think of it as a personal learning record blog that i happened to share with other people.

i could start putting the links though. alot of them are from books i read that i just typed out so obviously no link

>> No.7968998

>Why do you concentrate on men’s fashion?
I designed both men’s and women’s at first, but when the interest in the men’s collection began to take off internationally, I had to put all my attention into that. It is nerve-wracking to get all the different parts of the collection finished on time. We do a photo shoot just before we leave for Paris and we often have hand-washed leather jackets hung up and drying right till the last minute.
Also, I feel more comfortable designing clothes that I can wear myself. No matter how much feed-back I might receive about the women’s items I will never know what it feels like to wear one and thus I will never be totally certain how successful I am. I might do womenswear again, but I want to be sure it is just as good as our menswear.

>What is the strongest aspect of your work?
I have a hard time considering my own work from an impartial perspective. However, as the importance of the foreign market has grown I have found myself designing for different ages, rather than the youngsters that dominate Japanese fashion. I create clothes that fit into my day-to-day reality. I have come to appreciate that it is wearability more than any other aspect, because what are clothes if they are not worn? I cycle to my atelier in the morning and then meet clients and press in the evening, often in the same outfit. Versatility is a must. Even on trips into the country, I still like to retain some sense of elegance. If you look at old pictures of explorers and sportsmen they often dressed quite immaculately.

>> No.7969003
File: 486 KB, 1245x829, Irregular Striped Cardigan [3].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Another particular strength lies in the use of the latest fabrics and techniques mixed with traditional Japanese craftwork. I spend a lot of time traveling in Japan, visiting small towns to find artisans working in very small factories. A lot of these places and techniques are in danger of dying out, and I am very proud to user their skills in my collections. I love wearing hand-made shoes, using hand-stitched items, etc. It makes me feel good about what I am wearing and about the collection and even my life. There is a certain soulful energy that one can feel from these garments that is missing from “fast fashion”. To a certain extent what one wears marks one out as a person who cares about certain standards of quality and beauty and I want The Viridi-Anne to symbolize those things too.

If anyone wants anymore, maybe I'll post some later

>> No.7969004

>>7968934

dude

there are literally thousands of japanese streetwear pics and entire websites dedicated to it are u that lazy? literally google japanese street fashion or go to fashionsnap and browse for like 10 hours and you'll have like 1398903 pics instead of waiting for anons to post pics that u may or may not like

fashion exists outside of /fa/ u know

>> No.7969014

>>7968975
thanks, but I feel like my body needs the pants in particular

>> No.7969018

>>7968997
a lot are straight ctr A ctr C ctr V jobs too so i think it'd be worth putting in the links

>> No.7969022

>>7969014
Yeah they're really nice. Ask Intimacy next time you see him post

>> No.7969025

>>7969004
can you give me some pointers. anytime i try to google japanese streetwear or fashion all i get is those girls who wear like raver type stuff with a million rainbow colored things and like fucking surgical masks and eye patches.

>> No.7969027
File: 293 KB, 1000x1000, 1395316872010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

anyone here ever go shopping in grorious nippon? Are the clothes more affordable straight from the source rather than through random UK importers like End? how much less?

>> No.7969031

>>7967951
She looked cute to me plus she had the body of a teenage girl, if only japs stopped blurring their porn..

>> No.7969039

>>7969025

god damn u are retarded

reread the post above

>> No.7969051
File: 496 KB, 1024x768, 956480596840.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think these are japanese whatever they're ncie

>> No.7969077

so how do the japanese manage to be so fa when they are a nation of manlets?

>> No.7969081

>>7969077
japanese people arent as short nowadays
my friend lives in tokyo and is around 5'9, he says most guys are his height or taller

>> No.7969232
File: 419 KB, 940x1254, 63.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bumpin dope thread

>> No.7969676
File: 116 KB, 500x701, 1394735369427.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7969745

>>7968917

mine's half Jap half German and yeah I totes agree, 'best of both worlds'

>> No.7969780

>>7968934
http://wondermoutain.blog.so-net.ne.jp/

>> No.7969786

>>7969676
Thanks so much for posting this, I've been looking for this since it was last posted and I forgot to save it.

>> No.7969886

>>7968924
>Rosetta Stone

shig
go check out the /int/ sticky

>> No.7969916

>>7967951
yohji is endgame fashion

wish i get there some day

>> No.7969938

>>7968590
They're called zig zags. I got them off totokaelo

>>7968749
thanks m8

>> No.7969965

damn nice to see this thread turned out really good after all.

>> No.7969973

>>7968661
Do you have any idea where you are?

>> No.7970098

>>7968793
My size doesn't really come in second hand which is a problem. Size 1 seems to be very rare

>> No.7970111
File: 77 KB, 533x800, ON_0084.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this Yohji fit sums up all I aspire to be

>> No.7970146
File: 57 KB, 650x504, metropolis7cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7970111
I wonder if Yohji took inspiration from Metropolis when designing those shoes

>> No.7970160

>>7970146

>paying that much attention to detail
>he likes lang, too

marry me, merry me, burry ur d in me

>> No.7970213
File: 201 KB, 1065x1600, 1394596180880.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7970564

>>7970213
best kind of japanese looks
w2c pants

>> No.7970620

>>7970564
japan

>> No.7970630

>>7970620
WELL HE DID HELPED US AFTERALL

>> No.7970646

what would you do if you went to jpn and a jpn girl said lick my omanko or I will sudoku you? Would you?

>> No.7970701

>>7970098

u r not a size 1 in yohji unless you have the body of a 14 year old

>> No.7970704

>>7970646
What's an omanko?

>> No.7970718

>>7970701
>body of a 14 year old
I"m the same size as Yohji.

>> No.7970747

>>7970718
How tall is Yohji actually?

>> No.7970751

>>7970747
I'm like 5' 5, I assume he's around that height.

>> No.7970753

>>7970718
>>7970747

160cm ish

yohji can wear yohji
therefore so can you

>> No.7970767

>>7970753
>>therefore so can you
I never doubted that, only thing I was apprehensive about was sizing.

>> No.7971183

>>7970704
fakkuboi

>> No.7973629

>>7968661
get off the chinese cartoon image boeard u fag

>> No.7975249

>>7968868
Thanks anon. You're doing god's work. This has been really interesting to me. The contrast gave me feels.

>> No.7975269
File: 139 KB, 460x690, 1394595925166.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7975278

>>7968997
Please anon, do so. How long have you been doing this?