[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 5 KB, 238x195, 1391642567896.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7840388 No.7840388[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

/fa/, what should I do? I have a skin diseases (Vitiligo) and I have white spots all over my body, including face. I used to have bangs that hid some spots, but then I started getting buzzcuts and people told me I looked better like that, and I actually started getting buzzcuts for half a year, when I realized that I had a gigantic spot on my forehead and more spots on my face.

I've been trying to grow my hair back again, and it's been like 3 months since my last haircut, and my hair just looks weird. People used to tell me that I looked weird with long hair.

Should I fully embrace the fact that I have an incurable skin disease on my whole body, and start getting buzzcuts again, or should I get my long hair again, looking "weird" according to most people.

What would you do in my situation? I don't really have a picture of myself, I'm a 5/10 at most.

>> No.7840407

Just embrace it m8 if you have a decent complexion and good aesthetics otherwise it probz looks kinda cool and distinguished.

>> No.7840410

>>7840388
This sounds lame, but just be yourself. Don't try to hide your skin disease. You probably do look better with short hair, so keep it short. You'll look weird with your skin disease sure, but it'll make you look unconfident and worse if you keep on trying to hide it.

>> No.7840450

>>7840388
do it faggot

>> No.7840475

>>7840388
i have a friend with vitiligo and it doesnt really look that bad. just embrace it man, nothing you can do about it

>> No.7840600

So, the official consensus is to cut it off? I could wait 6 more months, hide some spots, and endure people criticizing my hair.

>> No.7840611

There was this girl at my old uni who was so beautiful and had vit.

She would wear coverup most of the times but even without it... damn.

Theres really no moral to this story

>> No.7840626

>>7840600
Good clean cut, no one criticizes you, but you have visible Vitiligo
VS.
Bad hair, people criticize you, you have badly hidden Vitiligo.

>> No.7840639

Least you don't have re-vitiligo.

>> No.7840680

Stop giving a fuck. It probably doesn't even look that bad.

>> No.7840731

>>7840639
What the fuck is this? If you men getting spots in the same place after healing them, yes I have it, that's the natural course of Vitiligo.

>>7840626
You're right. I'm cutting it tomorrow.

>>7840680
The hair or the spots?

>> No.7840733

I'm sorry for you OP, I have eczema everywhere on my body except my face and I know it's not easy to deal with that shit. It's tempting to hide it because you're afraid of other's judgement, that's the kind of thinking that prevented me from having sex for a while.
Just deal with it, man. By hiding it to others you're trying to hide it to yourself, that struggle isn't good for your self esteem. It's better on the other side.

>> No.7840745

>>7840733
>Just deal with it, man. By hiding it to others you're trying to hide it to yourself, that struggle isn't good for your self esteem. It's better on the other side.
This is what I was thinking about, I looked myself in the mirror and thought "why am I growing my hair? I looks weird. My spots are part of me anyways".

>> No.7840760

>>7840639
Ruckus pls

>> No.7840768

>>7840733
is there anything that treats eczema? i get it on my arms and thighs every winter and then it eventually goes away but it itches like a fucker and looks pretty bad

>> No.7840862

>>7840768
I have some cortisone cream for which you need a prescription. It doesn't make it go away permanently, it only reduces the itch and redness until it leaves by itself. Mine is a particular case, but I was told that eczema in general can't be healed, it always comes back periodically. I've had this shit for 2 years with varying intensity, and had it when I was a kid (on my ball sack even; bad memories).

>> No.7840879

have you tried self tanning?

Im assuming if you use some sort of liquid that matches your skin tone it would work or something

>> No.7841131

>>7840768
Honey, no shit. Most people suggest it for acne and whatnot but eczema is the one thing that if will deffo cure every single time. Put it on the patches every night and it should be gone after almost a week or two, completely.