[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 43 KB, 800x600, 20110626162241723.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7746948 No.7746948 [Reply] [Original]

Hi, so basically I have got wide as fuck hips. Pics isn't me, but somewhat similar. I'm 6'5" nd my hips are as wide as my shoulders. I have been very fat my whole life (like 39 BMI fat) and I lost ~65kg, now I'm stuck with some loose skin, a bit of fat left, and my wide ass hips. How can I be /fa/ with this shit? I'm going too start lifting when I start uni because I will have access too the on site gym too help me will out some of the loose skin, but I feel that because of the size of my hips ill never really look good (I'm seriously double the width of the average 5'8" guy and there's nothing I can do about it cause its my bones)

>> No.7746956

I've been overweight for most of my life. Only recently started trying to lose it, and my hips have been a nagging concern. They're wide as fuck right now (not to mention a small layer of fat hanging on them) and I am scared I'll never lose them when I do drop the weight.

>> No.7746960

>>7746956
So were in the same situation... anyone?

>> No.7746970

>>7746948

v-taper exercise routine. hips as wide as shoulders? well go work dem shoulders out then son (traps and delts)

>> No.7746971

>>7746948
Dude, don't worry about it. Lifting is a good idea, and eventually your shoulders will even out your hips. Do not just work out your shoulders or you'll be a disproportionate mess.

Wearing jackets with epaulets or padding will create the illusion that your torso and shoulders are bigger than what they appear. I'd advise to go that route however simple shirts should be good.

People will be more taken by your height and not even notice your waist.

>> No.7746974
File: 84 KB, 1372x1088, based_mutant.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7746948
I have a small ribcage/wide hips only way out is to start lifting... just focus on your chest/shoulders/back to fill your frame. We're all gonna make it OP :)

>> No.7746990

I'm not as tall as OP (6') but I too suffer from wide hips. Right now im over weight and trying to loose alot. My shoulders are broad aswell, my only problrm is I thing my widness makes me look shorter. I hate it.

>> No.7747003

>>7746948
Don't wear skin-tight stuff that shows off your hips? Either go for outfits with looser fits on everything or if you want to wear skinny jeans for example, wear something over it that hides your hips like a parka or something.

Basically skin-tight tee + skin-tight jeans = a big no-no for you

>> No.7747239

>>7746948
tall ts saved my life, 70cm/80cm/90cm tallies. I look like my legs are fa twigs and i look heroin core bitches always on my dick because i hide my huge hips until bed and then they dont give a shit because they too busy drooling from the blow and the sight of my weighty dick.(mostlyu the blow)

>> No.7747313

those are some illuminati as fuk abs you've got going there

>> No.7749846

achieve wide lats also, they really help make you wider.

>> No.7750031

I looked like that guy in the picture too. Narrow shoulders and wide hips.

Lifting and doing compound movements is key
In particular Deadlifts and squats son! Lift heavy and eat good, put on that muscle mass and swim in that pussy!

>> No.7750041

>>7750031
go away dad

>> No.7750061

I know the struggles OP, I'm 6'6'' with the same dilemma

Basically, don't wear any pants with a heavy taper, it just won't look flattering. if you wear jeans, make sure they're slim straight or something like that. i get my pants tailored cause I like a little taper below the knee but too much and you'll start looking like a carrot.

Like the other guy said, if you do wear tighter jeans, make sure to wear a jacket or parka long enough to cover your hips. And working out will definitely help you out so keep at it.

>> No.7750073

>>7750041
>eeew I don't want to put in any ACTUAL effort!

Whiny bitch.

>> No.7750077

>>7750041

Hahah, thanks!
Made me LOL!

>> No.7750106

>no one telling you to pursue glorious trapmode
this is not the /fa of my father

>> No.7750132

wear slim lower body stuff and looser upper body stuff. For example, skinny jeans with a hip length parka. Lifting is important too. I used to be skeletally skinny and dress poorly, and a lot of people commented on my hips. Now that I've been lifting and dressing better, it's not as noticeable

>> No.7750163

layers up top