[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 942 KB, 900x900, arcteryx_caliber.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7215200 No.7215200[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey /fa, /out here. I'm looking for a fleece to go under a shell, slim fit, with minimal branding and a simple design. Something like pic related, but not $150 looking, more for >$100. Any reccomendations?

>> No.7215219

Fleeces are autismcore

>> No.7215236

>>7215219
Yeah if you try to wear them as streetwear or something. I'm trying to find one that doesn't look like shit that I can wear while hiking/climbing/skiing.

>> No.7215237
File: 84 KB, 418x600, isaora-light-grey-asym-fleece-jacket-product-3-4787394-779835649_large_flex.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7215219
doesn't know shit about warmth

OP what kind of shell do you have and why are you doing this? fleece isn't often chosen for style so will it always be under a shell or do you want it to look good by itself?

>> No.7215247

just check your local discount hiking store tbh

>> No.7215245

Welcome to /fa/, questions like this are best suited to the general questions thread (AKA fuccboi general)
I've linked to the thread for you to save you scrolling down to the thread directly below yours in order to find it
>>7209614
Thanks and read the sticky!

>> No.7215248

>>7215237
>doesn't know shit about warmth
...neither do you, apparently.
Merino wool is far superior as a layering piece under a hard shell.

>> No.7215256

>>7215237
I've got a TAD Stealth Hoodie, I'm just looking for a decent mid-layer that would look ok by itself if the weather changes when I'm /out.

>> No.7215255

>>7215200
Shouldn't go wrong with Icebreaker, but this doesn't hit your price point.

You aren't going to find anything decent for sub-$100, sorry.

http://us.icebreaker.com/Quattro-Jacket/100869J17L,en,pd.html?start=3&cgid=mens-tops

>> No.7215296

>>7215248
Merino's best for a base, but poly fleece is superior for a mid. Faster drying, both of wicked-away sweat and any other moisture that gets in it, and more durable.

Yeah, I know, you've got that hard shell, but wearing a hardshell when it's not needed is stupid, plus you're just not going to be doing it all the time.

As for OP, the usual answers: look at all the major outdoor brands to see if any of them have something you like, check eBay and discount sites like Sierra Trading Post, and if it's all still too expensive, Uniqlo.

Also, another usual answer: just hustle up $50 and buy the thing you actually want. "Too poor to buy cheap" and all that.

>> No.7215322
File: 531 KB, 1083x1083, hellohelly.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7215248
I own 7 merino items, four of which are polypropylene blends from four different companies, two soft shells and one hard. I use at least three daily.

>>7215296
>Merino's best for a base, but poly fleece is superior for a mid. Faster drying, both of wicked-away sweat and any other moisture that gets in it, and more durable.

yeah.

fleece under a shell depends on the weather, I'm highly active when I'm in mine so I actually don't know what it's like to be standing still, but fleece should be enough on its own with a decent base layer unless its raining, and if it's raining opt for a merino base and just the shell, unless its terribly cold and raining, then you have to play with your layers a bit to find what suits your particular energy output or you'll sweat balls in fleece + shell

>> No.7215364

>>7215322
Yeah, exactly. I'm all about that techwear, urban/woods life, and I find a lot of what people obsess over bizarre. Like, what are they doing, just walking at 4 k/h from climate controlled building to subway to climate controlled building, while trying to feel like they're in a climate controlled building all the time?

I'll use a hardshell in a city for style reasons, but I've never ever needed more than a softshell for pure function and comfort. In fact, if I'm just walking between shit, I'm usually just in a fleece or insulated jacket that's not officially a softshell, and if gets slightly damp, IDGAF, it hasn't wetted through, I'm dry, what am I supposed to be caring about here?

The only reason I could think of someone needing to be sedentary, outside, with no recourse to shelter, in the rain, in a city, for more than a hour is if they're a security guard on the shitty duty or something. IDK, reading on their iPad in a IP67 case in the park in the middle of a downpour?

>> No.7215404

>>7215364
/out/ makes fun of us over here for our 'tech wear' style
mall ninjas they call us
they're right though, they have a much better understanding of utility than us and care a lot less about dead bird logos
but they have a bit of a flaw too, deeming anything expensive as useless, a lot of them don't discover decent fabrics and technology because they consider it adapted overpriced fashion trend crap, they think it's made for imitators with fat wallets like fat chicks in lululemon. (not hating lululemon

>> No.7215424

>>7215404
>/out/ makes fun of us over here for our 'tech wear' style
Well they should. Almost any community concerned first and foremost with fashion won't know next to shit about utility. We're posers.

>deeming anything expensive as useless
Define expensive. I've seen /out/ post some expensive as shit, upwards of $10,000.

>> No.7215458
File: 154 KB, 630x420, mm-nike-undercover-fw10_07.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7215364
>Like, what are they doing, just walking at 4 k/h from climate controlled building to subway to climate controlled building, while trying to feel like they're in a climate controlled building all the time?
it's posturing

look at photos like this

it's about building some kind of glamorous lifestyle, and maintaining the idea of utility is part of that even if it contradicts itself

>> No.7215474
File: 86 KB, 650x433, 12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7215458
>posturing
And catering. Gyakusou ads are like fanservice for fuccbois instead of regular weeaboos. Complete with ugly manlets for maximum self insertion.

>> No.7215585

>>7215370
Thanks for reminding me /out/ exists. It's been a while since I've been over there.

As far as dead bird logos, IDK, I've always thought of Arc'Teryx as being a serious outdoor brand. Anyone griping about that probably says stuff like "Patagucci," too.

>>7215458
Gyakusou is useful as fuck, though, and I think that's the actual, OG Gyakusou running club that Jun's a part of and named the collection after.

Wait, you're not the guy all over this thread, are you?

http://warosu.org/fa/thread/S7027768

>> No.7216682

Bump for potential techwear thread.

>> No.7217044

>>7216682
if you want a techwear thread you should make one

>> No.7217102

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nike-tech-fleece-crew-sweatshirt/pid-721845/pgid-801535

I bought this, pretty comfy, I got the sweatpants too, but I might return those. I don't even like sweatpants, I think I was drunk on /fa/ when I decided to buy them. The sweaters nice though