[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 85 KB, 461x614, db_file_img_3364_600xauto.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7167256 No.7167256[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'm going to buy a pair of Momotaro jeans, but I keep hearing about cold soaking, +1in. size suggestions, and them being super resistant to stretching. So I decided to ask you guys.

My waist is exactly 29.5in. what waist size Momotaros should I get?

>> No.7167284

You guys are funking useless.

>> No.7167293

>>7167284
fk u

>> No.7167297

At the end of the day 15oz denim is still 15oz denim. Go with 29 if you don't mind breaking them in, 30 if you don't mind wearing a belt.

>> No.7167306

I would really recommend against momo's. I like their general aesthetic vibe, but if you look at their cuts, below the knee is always CRAZY baggy. well maybe not crazy, but they never taper enough to even keep a "straight" cut. their shit is bad. worse thigh-huggin than gustin. don't do it man. get some samurais or whatever else.

>> No.7167316
File: 1.06 MB, 1000x1600, 3469_0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7167306

don't want to type nonsense without backing myself up, so seriously look at pic related. their cuts are flawed soooo bad (considering modern trends in denim; maybe it would be perfect for the 70s). momos are thigh huggers. check out the sufu thread if my pic isn't proof enough

>> No.7167356

>>7167316
japanese denim = heritage cuts

im sorry your low end candaian and chinease produced french fast fashion demin you buy used isn't cut skinny enough so you can copy a dior fit from 2003 with your budget bullshit

why don't you just dress like a chick fagt

>> No.7167363

>>7167316
that is a fucking awful fit.

>> No.7167386

>>7167363
It's liek the third most 80's thing I've ever seen.

>> No.7167409

>>7167356

sieg hun, I been dealing with you since I started browsing /fa/ years ago. we can talk about heritage cuts, and that's fine. momotaro does shitty cuts and that's that. if you want a heritage skinny cut, look to samurai; they make a skinny jean that isn't some sagged low-rise shit. it's medium rise and fits nice and evenly skinny from thigh down to ankle.

honestly, momotaro makes jeans that flare a crazy amount starting at the knee and below. please post a fit pic of momo's to back yourself up if you think they look nice. thanks troll babby.

I imagine this will go something like when I refuted your argument in the jean tapering discussion last night: you won't respond.

>> No.7167416

>>7167409

heritage cut = cowboy jeans

>> No.7167446

>>7167409

you acknowledge sieg as a huge troll yet you seem to care about his opinions. he knows next to nothing about clothes. forget him.

>> No.7167453

>>7167416

I feel cowboy jeans would be the opposite tho. like they would need baggier thighs to sit comfortably. and they wouldn't want extra fabric below the knee since that's what makes contact with the horse when using spurs. don't know shit about being a cowboy though... just feel like it would be mad difficult to mount a horse in momotaros

>> No.7167465

>>7167446
the people who claim i don't know anything about clothes, like turnleft, or trunks, even mamma dod

do it so they can gain anon's respect. but the sad thing is when it comes down to it, i actually prove them wrong everytime

which is why when so called experts in fashion cop fakes, they run here and ask for opinions

the difference between poet and myself, is that i don't get pretentious when i have more than 2 designer pieces in my wardrobe. they're just clothes.

frankly, i find it riduclous that these loser kids cop 2-3 used rick pieces and want to proclaim they're some sort of artist or forward thinking god

>> No.7167488
File: 100 KB, 1348x803, w2c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anybody know brand these jeans are?

>> No.7167496

>>7167465

>frankly, i find it riduclous that these loser kids cop 2-3 used rick pieces and want to proclaim they're some sort of artist or forward thinking god

I completley agree with what you're saying, but does that make momo cuts good?? nah

>> No.7167497

>>7167488
prob roy, levis, or uniqlo selvedge

>> No.7167505

>>7167488
fucking post the sauce you asshole

>> No.7167516

>>7167488
>people from /cgl/ saved this image

>> No.7167519

>>7167496
the branding is a little bit garish
but wearing momotaro in japan isn't as "crazy" as wearing it in america since everyone is so well dressed in tokyo

the cuts are standard aka "basic" straight leg.

the dyes are superb

people move out of APC denim becuase while apc's do fade fast, and are cheap during sales

they get a nasty stone wash color and do not keep their contrasting fades for long.

-----
naked and famous, are okayish, my brother always wants me to take him to barneys so i can buy more of them for him. but people on land (he washes his clothes in salt water, he lives on a 30 foot sail boat) kind of poke fun at him for the stupid teenage patch

>> No.7167530

I spent $50 on the Tellason crapshoot. I hope I get something good.

>> No.7167531

>>7167519

lol you realize APC doesn't go on sale because of company policy right? have you ever read the fineprint that comes with sale coupons? it excludes APC. you're a joke sieg

>> No.7167537

>>7167531

APC jeans that is, which is what we are talking, YES apc shirting, etc. goes on sale. but never their denim.

>> No.7167540

>>7167531
butthurt apc wearer discovered
poor teen jeans
none of what you said was remotley close to the truth

>> No.7167547

>>7167540

APC raw denim doesn't go on sale. guy you are responding to is telling the truth.

>> No.7167551

>>7167540

he's right sieg. what are you arguing?

>> No.7167548
File: 1.02 MB, 987x679, Picture-11.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7167519
forgot my pic

>> No.7167557

>>7167551
that apc's suck shit
that skinny selvedge jeans suck fuck

that apc was infact on myhabit less than 4 months ago, but he wasn't into "fashion" yet so he didn't know

momotaro and other japanese denim brands are more expensive for a reason.

>> No.7167570
File: 37 KB, 380x300, art-from_the_inbox_380x300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7167557

cut is much worse than APC. pretty plain to see man. I agree the denim and construction of momotaro is better, but the cut is still really bad.

if you were knowledgeable, you would be arguing in favor of PBJ, samurai, or iron hearts. momotaro is shit

>> No.7167575

>>7167570

furthermore, and this is the main point: even IF the quality of denim is worse when it comes to APC, the cut is so much better it makes up for it.

>> No.7167587

>>7167570
http://www.gilt.com/brand/apc/product/150254414-apc-vintage-denim-jeans

momo is in the league of sam, pbj etc

APC jeans are legit for poor people
i know you kids buy it for around $35 on ebay and styleforum or new for $60

nobody is folled
i've been here 6 years, and i've seen the look at my apc for $15-20 threads

colton/c0oltop fot his for $7

>apc doesn't go on clernace

is simply bullshit in it's purest form

>> No.7167579

>>7167570

that is disgusting. them thighs vs them calves (of the denim)

>> No.7167582

>>7167557
Sieg, you're a fat manlet with shitty facial aesthetics. Kill yourself.

>> No.7167600

>>7167587

APC raw does not go on sale. please show me raws (whether it be NS, PS, NPS, NC, or rescue) on sale. it doesn't happen because APC stipulates against it. that's why every sale e-mail from context, mrporter, etc. has fine print that says APC raw is excluded from sales. you can argue all you want, but that is fact.

>> No.7167599

>>7167575
hur hur hur you're a joke sieg, i pulled a fast one on sieg, becuase turnleft told me he doesn't know anything about fashion

ogh shit sieg has more rick owens in a box upstairs than my entire wardrobe fuck

i'll just pretend i am a profound new age artist and super pretentious to discredit sieg hurrr

i totally totally paid full price for apc's hurrr

sieg you don't know shit hurrrr

>implying im stupid

also to that poor kid who offered $60 for 3 NWT rick pieces..no...if you want to pretend to be rich you come up with $285+ shipping like i told you to
i don't give a fuck what bullshit you talk on here as anon

im not doing you poorfags anyfavors

>> No.7167606

>>7167600
this. we're clearly talking about raws.

>> No.7167620

>>7167599
clothes won't fix everything else that's wrong with you lmao

>> No.7167626

>>7167600
my habit links are dead.

apc has and always will have sales. you're buying into some stupid shit some asian told you to get $10 more out of you on your used apc's

>> No.7167625
File: 20 KB, 448x664, momoooo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7167599

lol rick has nothing to do with this thread, so falling back on your typical trolling doesn't work here. you have already admitted momo is on par with PBJ and sam in terms of quality. now just admit PBJ and sam have way better cuts (as does APC)

look at pic related, which is like all the pics above of momos. if you defend them, then you have to defend thigh-hugging gustin jeans, which are made from denim of the same mills, with similar shit cuts. what's the difference betwen momo and gustin??? NOTHING

>> No.7167633

>>7167626

I don't wear APCs bruh. I am just relaying information from every sale newsletter that comes from a webstore that stocks APC raws.

my only denim I wear are a par of indigo raws from a boutique called blackbird ballard based in seattle (they no longer sell clothes, since fragrances have become more profitable for them), and for black denim, I have a pair of acne max cash.

you act like I have something at stake in this; I don't

>> No.7167634

>>7167625
have you seen how shitty apc's look on poorfags of this board?

first they make 30 different threads about a pair of $45 used jeans and sizing like we all give a fuck

and then they wear them 2 sizes too small and wear it with vans and an old band shirt

at least hte momtaro, and pure blue japan clientle are wearing it with associated, well cut heritage brand basics. like cordovan boots from alden and selvedge chambrays

>> No.7167638

>>7167633
blackbirdballard was an early julius_7 stockist
dumbfuck

their house brand, very very very short lived was continually mocked on sz as crap

little history on the jeans you bought on final clerance

>> No.7167652

>>7167488
>"yeah im pretty sure someone can ids these because of the selvedge line
dis logic

>> No.7167653

>>7167638

I know exactly what blackbird has stocked over the years. I live in Seattle.

why would SZ even take any interest in basic slim fit jeans? of course a board that finds themselves as avant-garde as SZ wouldn't praise them. why would they even critique a pair of basic slim jeans? you're dumb and your whole premise as a trip is knowing more than those you talk (down) to. but I know more than you, so you don't mean shit to me. you're the same guy that tried to talk shit to me last night when it came to construction, but you never scratch the surface. you don't intimidate me because I see right through you.

I understand buying sammys. I understand buying PBJs. momos are redundant, and the cut is far worse than the aforementioned japanese brands.

>> No.7167662
File: 12 KB, 250x216, neo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7167653

>MORPHEUS IS FIGHTIN' NEO

lol this is what I feel like right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j82GKTgVDkw

>> No.7167675

>>7167634

dude even MFA has abandoned aldens lately and condemned the brand for dropping in quality. the more you post, the more you seem like a dadcore loving faggot. you just show love for established/"heritage" brands and hate on anything recent and relevant in the fashion world because you're like 30. stick to trolling newbs and stay away from serious discussions

>> No.7167673

>>7167653
you don't even own selvedge jeans.
yet you claim to know all about them bwahahahaha

hey faggot
yeah, skinn cut selvedge jeans do exist.

hey faggot
no they can't take that pair of cheap shit jeans you found on sufu and alter them to slim fit

you think i am holding some magic term or method back from you that i use to get all my clothes for pennys on the dollar. it's simply not true

i just pay the money that high end clothes require, maintence, alteration and retail wise.

there is no magic formula to getting cheap designer clothes for next to nothing

maybe move the fuck out of a low end area like seattle lol

>> No.7167679

>>7167652
there is clearly a circle around the patch and you can see the texture, stitching, and construction

>> No.7167694

>>7167673

sieg man, there's literally no content in this post to back up what you say.

my first pair of raw denim was nudies that I bought in 2007. in fact the mynudies forums are what got me into this whole fashion world. after that I bought flat heads from self edge, and later 3sixteens. ended up selling both. your obsession with selvage is fucking silly. do you even know what selvage is? why does it matter if the bolts of fabric that make the garments you wear end with a cute edge or not? why don't you care when it comes to your shirts or jackets? "selvage" is meaningless internet hype, and the fact that you equate selvage with quality shows your thirst for hyped misinformation.

>> No.7167695

>>7167675
serious discussions about jeans you don't even have?

you have low end trash

>mfa talks shit about a pair of cordovan boots

who gives a fuck, these guys claim counterfeit rick owens shoes are those sent from the heavens

that's the same board that also advised losers to get target suiting

you don't own a single label, you own a shit tier house brand that was mocked openly for years by the only userbase who purchased from said supplier intermittently

>who cares what they say
uhhh, well fucking blackbirdballard did

they saw you coming, and they sold you a fucking shit pair of jeans becuase they know some asshole in bumbfuck seattle doesn't give 2 fucks about fashion trending in LA, or NY

>> No.7167697

>>7167695

more rhetoric, even less content. I have to wake up for work, unlike you, so good night babe. just realize you aren't the only person on /fa/ who has been into fashion for more than a year.

>> No.7167702

>>7167633
How do max cash fit? And what is your height and weight
? pls respond, deciding between that and ace cash.

>> No.7167705

>>7167694
lol a guy who backs up nudies, and apc telling me he is a god in denim knowledge.

>he doesn't own anything of substance
>conveniently sold

go on fuuka, and check 6 years of fucking time stamped designers as they were in vogue
i released my trip openly in 2010
so feel free to check back further than that, even though nobody time stamped anything that was not me

my nudies seriously bro?
that forum is worse than fucking denimblog

all of my denim is selvedge, minus the diesels i had since high school

those jeans are older than you are

>> No.7167708

>>7167679
theres two fucking circles - hence my post

prob momotaro due the density of red pixels on the patch

but do you really think people can id jeans from stitching and a generic selvedge

>> No.7167711

>>7167705
fuuka only has a couple months worth of posts archived dumbass

>> No.7167715

>>7167711
well then check the original archieve

i have the most posts on /fa/ just click trips
click my name at the top

>> No.7167729
File: 1.19 MB, 2794x1871, 05112011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7167705

ugghghhhhh this is actually my last response. ashamed of myself because because I have fallen prey to your trollin tactics. but anyway...

>lol a guy who backs up nudies, and apc telling me he is a god in denim knowledge.

nudies were only how I was introduced to fashion. it sparked my interest in '07. haven't worn them since '09, which is when I finished my first year of uni.

I still have love for APCs. they fade well and fit me even though the denim isn't the highest quality. pic related. and before you hate, think of all your WAYWTs. I resisted posting the composite image of your fits since it's really, really average. if you're gonna hate on this fit, post something of yours that is better.

>all of my denim is selvedge, minus the diesels i had since high school

like I said before, selvage isn't indicative of quality. my acne max cashs are my favorite jeans right now. they make it seem silly to own any pair of slim/skinny denim that doesn't have stretch. kind of like a whole new world that hasn't been introduced to menswear, mainly because folks like you are so tied to selvage.

>> No.7167739
File: 395 KB, 2719x739, 1383110979761.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7167715

lol fashion god. considering this is a retrospective you put together... is this your best stuff? I love the way your baggy selvage drowns your oxfords. especially funny because that large flare/opening is what has been criticized here. and it looks like absolute shit on you. hahahahaaha.

>> No.7167745
File: 830 KB, 245x170, 1382930422372.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7167739

this is where sieg disappears once again. same story every night :)

>> No.7167755

anyone wanna take paypal bets on if sieg will response now that the infamous pic of him has been posted? i've never seen him respond to it.

he was really into this thread 15 minutes ago.

>> No.7167758

>>7167729

what cut of APCs in pic? thx

>> No.7167774

>>7167739
i support the heritage cut,
you see me wearing a heritage cut

you wear crap

look at you
you look like a loser sufu reject in your fit
even my hoodie fits better than your offbrand harrington

you don't wear anything decent
and the fact that you name drop nudie, acne, apc and backbird house brand shows to me that you don't have any money since all of those brands are perpetually on sale and used clothing sites like styleforum just spammed in the side bar

what do you want to argue about?

apc? it's still shit it looks like shit on you
you hate momo becuase you can't afford it
i proved it already

you also have never been to a tailor
made quite evident last night

>> No.7167881

>>7167774

im also alone and fucking miserable :\

>> No.7167910

>>7167625
yeah PBJ has "good cuts" if you like the slimmer cuts like the XX-011
but frankly this board is fucking stupid about jean-fit, there are more styles than slim (Say 511 cut) and skinny (510 cut).
Frankly, for the majority of Japanese Brands, PBJ, Momataro, Sugar Canes, 45RPM, and pretty much every hyped brand on superdenim, their bread and butter is more traditional 501-esque cuts, dating back to the heyday (late 19th to mid 20th). They're not "shit cuts" just because they're not in vogue, they're just different classic cuts that appeal to different people.
I wouldn't call the 501 cut "shitty", considering it is THE jean.
>>7167729
you know the looms used for selvedge and non-selvedge denim are different, and that self-edging shuttle looms produce a fabric with a far different feel than modern looms? selvedge isn't desirable just for the colored stripe
nobody is buying Acne for the denim quality, or even the quality of construction, they're buying them for the (admittedly fantastic) cut. But frankly, there's a difference in the market for jeans from brands like Acne & DRKSHDW and brands that cater to denim-heads like Kapital or Samurai, and the consumers look for different things.

>> No.7167936

Why do you keep going on and on about how people can't afford x this and can only buy y that.

Christ, can't afford momos? On blue owl they are like 200-285 tops, not even that expensive. Why are you acting like its leagues out of the price range of the average user? You just come off as pretentious.

The only good pair of denim momotaro has put out was their colab with Japan blue. Everything else is poorly fitted with gaudy "battle stripes"

>> No.7167949

>>7167910 you know the self edge shuttle loom was created as a cost cutting device? In order to cut down on waste from having to cut away excess or unusable material on a regular loom. Technically selvedge is a sign of a cheaper company

>> No.7167955

>>7167936
the idea is that he is coming from a stand point where his idea jeans are pre-owned around the $50-150 price range maximum (nwt)

japanese denim is not expensive in the long run per-wear

but some of these guys here just attack something because of the initial sticker shock

so in saying

>you can't afford this

is effectively calling somebody a newbie.
their tastes, their experience with nicer pieces leading the more knowledgeable user to see the value of a higher priced piece is just underdeveloped in the users mind.

which is why you see him in the same fit as other less experienced users. skinny jeans, from whatever brand pops up for sale cheap, and commonprojects or knock off gats and a jacket of somesort whatever is cheap

their fits continually rotate on that model

>> No.7167967

>>7167955

my jeans aren't preowned. why do you assume that?

>> No.7167977

>>7167949
it's about tradition
rather than moving onto even more cost effective and quicker looms like most of the big denim manufacturers did
a lot of the japanese mills stuck with, or in the renaissance of the 90s, bought older shuttle looms in order to create heritage denim
it's quite different than the denim produced on modern looms, and yes, there's certainly cheaper shuttle looms that produce worse stuff, but that's not what the companies are about.
In terms of cut, construction and denim, most japanese brands do try and inject a fair amount of tradition into most of their lines

>> No.7167995

>>7167967
becuase i saw your thread a few weeks ago asking about buying pre-owned acne denim :)

>> No.7168014

>>7167910

1. 501 type cuts are fine, but if you notice, all the momos I have posted hug the thighs like 510/11s then fit like 501s below the knee. that is a shitty cut. I have said samurai and others make good cuts. momos are particularly bad.

2. why do you assume I was talking only about xx-011 when I mentioned pbj?

3. construction of acnes is great. if you say otherwise, support that with evidence. I have owned flat heads, as I said before, and acnes. construction of acnes is better imo.

4. inherently, what is better about the process of making denim that has selvage lines? all you said is "MUH SHUTTLE LOOMS." that doesn't guarantee a better fabric.

5. the fact that "heritage" brands refuse to use stretch denim is a huge flaw in quality in and of itself. these japanese brands you mention almost never use denim with any elastic content, yet make tight cuts to conform to modern tastes. that makes the jeans less functional and more prone to crotch blowout and the like. I couldn't even comfortably climb on my bike in flat heads. stupid.

why are you guys are so caught up in japanese heritage brands in general? any pair of denim constructed decently well is tough as fuck. acnes will last years and years, so who the fuck cares? even lower quality jeans will last longer than t shirts, button-downs, chinos, etc. so why should quality of denim be more important than cut? it shouldn't

this is so dumb. stupid hype over antiquated technology.

>>7167955

I have never bought a pair of pre-owned jeans. what have I said that suggests that. jesus, the guy that self-deprecatingly whines about being unemployed all the time is challenging my monetary situation. fuck off.

>> No.7168031

>>7167995

I never made a thread about that. here are the "nice" brands of jeans I have bought over the years: nudie slim jims, flat heads idk who gives a fucks, APC NS (in pic above), APC PS, blackbird hazlewoods, acne max cash.

none of them were pre-owned.

>> No.7168036

>>7168014
elastaine, and spandex are the mark of a cheaper denim weave

you can't get a decent thick weave like selfedge with it

you specifically seeking out elastine and or spandex denim skinny jeans shows that you have never handled a well made jean

the differences are vast.

ironically, your acne jeans are more prone to crotch blowout due to raw materials wear

501's traditionally hug the thigh and mid hip

and are a straight taper to the leg

your issues are with the trad male cut of denim
you then continue to boast the features of a traditional woman's wear blend of jean

>> No.7168059
File: 174 KB, 473x222, Picture 13.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7168036

stretch is absolutely necessary for slim or skinny jeans to be functional. I don't give a fuck about thick woven selvage. I've tried it, and it is shit to me. so this is just coming down to a matter of opinion. keep wearing your straight cut selvage jeans. it looks SO GREAT sieg.

>> No.7168064

>>7168059

I just LOVE the way those 2 inch triple-cuffs cover your entire heal, almost dragging on the ground. BEAUTIFUL

>> No.7168075

>>7168059
Enough of these newfolk who think the sieg shitposter is actually the original sieg. Protip, they're different people.

>> No.7168076

>>7168064
double cuff

i prefer rolled slevedge to black acne jeans skin tight all the way down to the ankle

that looks too feminine
and it looks horrid

>> No.7168083
File: 1.89 MB, 2444x3240, svenns.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7168064

ughhh I totes need to buy some JAPANESE HERITAGE DENIM so they can cover the top half of my $400 italian leather shoes. GEEZ I WISH I HAD MORE MONEY FOR WORKWEAR.

>> No.7168093

>>7168083
those jeans look cheap
pacsun womens section

>> No.7168100

>>7168075
i am the original

are you guys trolling with the skinny jeans?

because it looks fucking gay as shit

>> No.7168104

>>7168100
you're giving the original sieg a bad name

>> No.7168109
File: 971 KB, 1034x674, Picture 15.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7168093

OK OK OK you said LEFT looks better than RIGHT? correct? so where's your credibility? you either have no aesthetic perception or you're trolling hard. which is it?

>> No.7168112

>>7168014
>why do you assume I was talking only about xx-011 when I mentioned pbj?
because that's one of PBJ's slimmest and most "modern" cuts whereas most of their other stuff is more repro cuts (they also have a fucking bell-bottom cut lmao, forget the number)
>construction of acnes is great
not great, I would say decent. Just saying this from trying them on, but the level of quality in terms of construction and finishing isn't particularly great. Moreso adequate. For me, the cut of the Max, Ace and Hex are the reason to buy them, probably the best possible cut for a slim/skinny fashion-oriented jean
>inherently, what is better about the process of making denim that has selvage lines
because it's not about the selvedge line the loom that weaves the fabric produces a different style of denim twill as opposed to most modern looms that are built for efficiency. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's quite hard to produce slubby denim on more modern and cost-effective looms
>inherently, what is better about the process of making denim that has selvage lines
>the fact that "heritage" brands refuse to use stretch denim is a huge flaw in quality in and of itself
not really, size your jeans correctly and wash them and you shouldn't suffer crotch blowouts
Elastane has always been more about fit than durability, hence it's adoption in womenswear first and it's use in more fashion-oriented skinny/slim jeans.
> why should quality of denim be more important than cut?
because different people like different things. Especially when you're looking at reproduction of classic 47 501s, the best differentiation is the denim.
>stupid hype over antiquated technology
I guess you could say bespoke/hand-grade shoes is "Antiquated" or that working with traditional reproduction textiles like Nigel Cabourn is "antiquated" but I prefer that traditionalism and heritage in a product. It's made well and it's about the true dedication to a fantastic and authentic product.

>> No.7168115

>>7168109

my apcs fit better than any pair of jeans you have ever owned, and have better fades too. that's what I care about more than where the fuck the fabric came from. that's what I notice when I put my jeans on every morning, and that's what others notice too.

post a fit pic to prove me wrong you fat motherfucker.

>> No.7168128

>>7168115

cmon you 5' 7" scumbag. let's some pictures of your jeans I can't afford in fits. that's what's important right?

there is no substance behind your shit talking. ever.

>> No.7168129

>>7168109
nice dadcore mang

>> No.7168140

>>7168115
Man, this is bullshit.
There isn't one fucking way jeans, or any pants should fit, not everybody want's a slim fit, slim straight, skinny, or whatever. Different aesthetics or different silhouettes favor different fits and cuts
Someone who wears mostly julius would look as ridiculous in a pair of Kapital Ciscos as a Mr Freedom/ Haversack workwear dude would in DRKSHDWs.
The best fit is one that's congruent with the look people are trying to put together, and that varies from person to person, your jeans don't just "fit better"
also this is more of a personal opinion, but I prefer the subtler fades on a pair of slubbier jeans like PBJs or Red Clouds over jeans that produce fades quite readily, like APCs

>> No.7168148

>>7168115
no, our apcs fit SLIMMER than any pair of jeans i have ever owned

i wear classic masculine cuts
im not too into the womenswear inspired designers and brands you like to shop at

which includes: apc, rick owens, acne, common projects, julius, saint laurent, etc etc

you look ridiculous in both pairs of jeans you had posted, and you fail to see this.
i bet you have received nothing but negative attention/comments in your life leading you to sell the jeans you ad.

i also subscribe to a more american heritage/japanese heritage aesthetic since thats my lifestyle

traditional valued, educated male that bounces back and forth between the two nations

your lifestyle looks more akin to a college kid looking for his way in the world, and found "fashion" on a forum where they tend to focus only on brands that draw heavy inspiration from womenswear and being pretentious about it.

see this:
>>7168112
i mean who is he fooling?
holier than thou attitude but everything he wrote is just opinion. it's the kind of bullshit i try to get away from in academia, it's why i am not a PHD candidate right now in something stupid like political science

>> No.7168158
File: 9 KB, 180x180, 1381085669979.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7168148

I THINK YOU FORGOT YOUR FIT FATBOI

omgggg I want to beat your face in

>> No.7168165

>>7168158
i like how you are pulling pictures from before you even started browsing /fa/ or sufu

or even bought a high street brand of clothing like it's doing you any favors

that was in 2011, when that rag&bone sweater was presented on the runway

-----
anyways

you dress like you're a first or second year university student who says bro alot, consumes marijuana and alchol and wears a dirty beanie everywhere.

not yet a man

and you're really just talking shit on a man in his late 20's for not dressing like a teenage drug riddled slacker of lower income

sorry im not cool enough to live in a city with rundown homes, and nothing else to do but show off how skinny your jeans are in an online forum?

>> No.7168167

>>7168148

talk shit post a fit sieg. dude is correct. on internet forums, you gain credibility from how you put outfits together. you can't keep criticizing a guy who has posted decent fits (much better than yours in that pic) while defending your style with vague terms like "heritage" and "masculinity." seriously can we see a recent outfit or two?

>> No.7168173
File: 817 KB, 650x792, 37fbf0693bb0ad93964ed4325782338c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7168148
yeah it's really silly to see someone act as though the only cuts worth bothering with are slim and skinnier
out of interest what jawnz you own sieg?
might be dope to see your collection

for me:
Neighborhood narrow straight
Levi's Vintage Clothing 1954 501ZXX
Naked & Famous Skinny Guy
Nudie Thin Finns (went TTS, stretched the fuck out, never wear them anymore)
Got some Patrick Ervell winter jeans in the mail

don't wear denim that much anymore but I feel like I could really use a light wash pair. Was thinking Junya x Levis, but I'm feeling some Kapital junts. Might even just get another pair of LVCs.
But I want to cop some decent green cargos and a pair of grey wool slacks first.

>> No.7168179
File: 573 KB, 1409x2204, 01202011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7168165

notice the title of my original pic w apcs: it's a date. may of 2011. jesus are you really bragging about being into fashion two years ago?

my beanie doesn't seem too dirty to me, idk???

you still aren't posting fits tho. i do know that.

>> No.7168189

dadcore fit battle #____#
do it sieg
do it!

>> No.7168192

tl;dr Fucks on /fa/ are shit looking try hards.

>> No.7168196

>>7168173

>yeah it's really silly to see someone act as though the only cuts worth bothering with are slim and skinnier

I never suggested that. you have misinterpreted my comments. those are all I am interested at the moment. and I know that if I am going for that aesthetic, the brands that sieg is hating on are what suit me best. and I think I do a pretty good job of building outfits around those cuts. and some stretch suits my lifestyle. that's what all this heritage denim bullshit is about right? a REFLECTION OF LIFESTYLE? it's fine if you want to wear baggier cuts. whatever. if you can build a nice outfit around that, great. I don't think sieg can, as evidenced by his sleek suede oxfords smothered by huge leg openings and donut cuffs. he just doesn't have a sense of proportion or any coherency in his looks. but he thinks dropping a lot of $ somehow compensates. even though this is some dumb internet community, I have a problem with him hating on my fits when he looks like shit.

>> No.7168195

>>7168173
i have been copping w/e LVC jean sold locally for whatever reason, but alot of them are NWT and unworn

consistantly i've only been wearing

>1966? lvs 501's
>j.crew X levi salt soaked (old old, i just wear these as beaters now)
>edwin 505V

i have some others like uniqlo, those 514 matchstick selvedge jeans, blah blah blah but i have never worn them. tried them on, and i didn;t want to pay to return them so i just left em in the storage room

>> No.7168199

>>7168195

>consistantly
>dissing academia

lol

>> No.7168201

>>7168195
What cuts and waist sizes?
Any in 30~31

>> No.7168210

>>7168201
you know i tried getting rid of some spare rick shirts on here ,but all i got were low ball offers. in the $30-40 range....not worth the loss and breaking my neck to help out a bunch of fucks like this kid
>>7168179

becuase in 2 weeks when i sell of them he's going to come up on here and start talking shit about how i don;t know about rick owens and how im a dumbass for helping him out

im just going to hold on to them and wear them "one day" when i get tired of the fits i have now

>> No.7168214

>>7168210
i could do like $150 + shipping depending on the pair
that's like $50~$100 below retail depending on whether they're the kaihara, cone mills, or whatever else denim, and I know you didn't pay retail for them
any idea of the waist sizes and cuts?

>> No.7168219

>>7168210

>"one day"

gattaca aint happening during your lifetime sieg. no one's gonna break and extend your shinbones so you become tall enough to make rick look good. cut your losses now.

>> No.7168224

>>7168214
let me see what i have.
most of the stuff up there would have to be the stuff my brother didn't want. 90% of them are going to be naked+famous though, some levis up there and prob like 1 pair of something japanese

and since my brother is in land like 1 or twice a month, i do pay full price for him...

i wear a 33-34
so its too big for ya

>> No.7168230

>>7168224
yeah 33-34 would def be too big for me
would be looking for 30 in the pre-washed stuff like the shocktops
I take a 31 in most of the raw cone mills tho
thanks for taking a look, I appreciate the effort

>> No.7168228

>>7168224

>i wear a 33-34

wow you are pretty big. inseam?

>> No.7168243

>>7168228
32 inseam, at 173cm so, weird proportions but i like to cuff, so thank god everything usually comes in 34ish

>> No.7168245

>>7168230
no prob, but its going to be at least a month
since i have to go through it with him, being it his stuff and all.

tbh though you might not be getting anything, he uses that room as storage, since his boat doesn't have much space.

>> No.7168251

>>7168245
oh, i see
well, i understand, so w/ever

>> No.7168253

>>7167356
sieg I liked you when I first came to /fa/ in 2010, you seemed like a legit trip. but goddamn, lately I've only seen you spew useless and at times ridiculous bullshit around that does nothing but make you look bitter and retarded.

goddamn wtf happened.

>> No.7168291
File: 151 KB, 1125x681, 1349088155576 (1).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>this whole thread

>> No.7168300

>>7168291
lol'd hard. precious piece of imagery. saved.

>> No.7168310

>>7168291
>tfw

>> No.7168335

sieg and junior seem less interested in fashion and more interested in textile history. if you want to wear "heritage" cuts made of denim from old japanese mills, that's fine. but don't act surprised if others on a fashion board think it's dumb. it's not like slim jeans for men just came about the last couple years. I flip on my TV and see every man wearing slim or skinny jeans now. Slim is now the standard in GQ and has been for years. Synthetic blends that didn't exist 150 years ago exist today, and were engineered for a reason. If you at least have some perspective on fashion (not even an interest or appreciation), then you would realize how ludicrous to suggest the width of your pant leg has anything to do with masculinity.

and since sieg is the one spewing this bs, I will take a jab at him: being 5' 8", flabby, and unemployed with spotty facial hair says far more about your masculinity than your pants. fashions come and go bruhbruh.

>> No.7168369
File: 66 KB, 350x467, 350x467px-LL-2c791cd0_tumblr_lxejwsvlwX1r9bu59o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7168335
I'm interested in fashion & design, and guess what, heritage & textile history plays into that.
Frankly, heritage menswear has been in vogue for at least the past five years. Magazines you're talking about like GQ fucking started that, and it's the reasons companies like Quoddy and Ovadia & Sons blew up.
Again, nothing inherently wrong with either skinny jeans or heritage 501-esque cuts, it's all about how you incorporate them into your aesthetic.
> others on a fashion board think it's dumb
yeah but this board thinks a lot of stupid things in general and is full of close-minded individuals
>Synthetic blends that didn't exist 150 years ago exist today, and were engineered for a reason
And? They can make shoes out of synthetics as well but many, many people still prefer leather for its natural qualities. If you want jeans with elastane for a desired fit, that's your prerogative, but stop acting like your opinion on how jeans should fit and what the should be made of is the be-all-end-all.
>you would realize how ludicrous to suggest the width of your pant leg has anything to do with masculinity.
I know this is aimed at seig in particular, just clearing it up, I never said this.

>> No.7168374

guys I think we can all learn something from sieg's posts and fits. it's not about how you look, it's about how much money you spend.

>momotaro and other japanese denim brands are more expensive for a reason
>your budget bullshit
>poor teen jeans
>APC jeans are legit for poor people
>i totally totally paid full price for apc's hurrr
>also to that poor kid who offered $60 for 3 NWT rick pieces..
>i just pay the money that high end clothes require
>shows to me that you don't have any money
>you hate momo becuase you can't afford it

sieg why don't you just wear all vis then? it's the best japanese heritage menswear. you too poor or what?

>> No.7168382
File: 172 KB, 1080x720, 1382844165386.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7168369

why do you take such offense to other opinions? / respond so defensively. just share your opinion without the bs.

>stop acting like your opinion ... is the be-all-end-all

he's not and you're as bad as him.

>> No.7168392
File: 130 KB, 413x620, 1377142667836.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>trips

they're all trolls, right?

>> No.7168426

>>7168369

uhhh okay man. nice job greentexting bits of my comment and responding, but the only point I was trying to make is that it was ridiculous for sieg to bring masculinity into this argument.

he admitted in this thread that he's 5' 8" and wears size 33-34. he's chubby/borderline fat, and "heritage" cuts are his only option if he doesn't want to look ridiculous... tries to defend with "MUH MASCULINITY."

it's pretty obvious why you're not wearing anything other than 501 cuts sieg.

>> No.7168781

So much dick swinging in here. Just buy Momotaro x Blue Owl collab. They offer tapered cuts.

>> No.7171132

>>7168243
You fat fuck, any article of clothing on you is a waste. Just overdose on some cocaine and die already. People like you make me look way too good, gives me reason to be way too confident, and makes my life easier than it should.

>> No.7171158

>>7168369
happy halloween dude

>> No.7171204

>>7167256
go to reddit.com/r/rawdenim

they are all raw denim circlejerkers who would love to answer your momotaro questions.

>> No.7171208

>>7171204
superdenim too