[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 7 KB, 214x159, 1340409018099.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6904775 No.6904775[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I live in a really warm country. It doesn't rain that often and the coldest it ever gets is like 10C (during the day, maybe it gets to like 4C in the morning for an hour or two). As such, I've never had to worry about warmth or raingear, and I really, really feel the cold.

I'm moving to England in two weeks, and have just realised that I have no fucking warm clothes or rain-proof shoes.

What are some /fa/ things to wear to perform these functions? I only have a few really thin jackets - what do people wear to both be /fa/ and avoid the cold? And I pretty much only have sneakers and a pair of smart shoes or two - what shoes can I get which are both /fa/ and rain-proof?

>> No.6904784

layers

>> No.6904782

Black wool overcoats.

>> No.6904794

Get some nice big comfy boots
Wear jumpers/sweaters over button downs
Black coat, also have a presentable somewhat rain proof jacket

>> No.6904811

Pics of presentable rain proof jackets?

>> No.6904825

I wear a lot of sweatshirts.
The coldest it ever really gets is -1.
So a coat, scarf, gloves, and some layering is all that you need

>> No.6904834

>>6904794
>>6904825
Mm yeah, but first of all I used to be pretty fat and as such I feel cold more than the average person, and second of all, you may not think -1 is much, but for someone who lives in a country where you turn the heating on to full blast when it gets to like 10, it's pretty fucking cold. Will sweaters and shit be warm enough? I can just see myself wearing like 50 layers and looking like a moron.

>>6904811
This would be nice, and pics of /fa/ rain-proof boots would be great too.

>> No.6904851

Also, where do I find an overcoat that I can wear with jeans and shit? Maybe it's easier to find in England. Here, the only places that sell overcoats sell the ones that you're meant to wear with suits and shit, so they have massive shoulders and make you look like an idiot. ...Although I guess maybe if you're wearing some layers under it it looks better? I dunno.

>> No.6904852

>>6904834
I live in Denmark, so it can get pretty cold here, though not Sweden/Norway-cold.

If the temperature is around 0C I will wear a shirt, a sweatshirt and a warm jacket, plus just a pair of chinos/jeans and boots.

This should be enough as long as you don't plan on walking around for hours. You just have to accept that you'll be a bit cold on your way to school or work some mornings. I also own two pairs of long (ski) underpants for those days where I step out into -10C.

You can get waterproof jackets in whatever design you like, but there is usually a trade off between how rainproof and /fa/ it is, but as long as you don't get caught in the rain for too long it shouldn't be a problem.

>> No.6904855

cold weather is /fa/ weather