[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 325 KB, 468x467, 111111111111111111111111.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17479144 No.17479144 [Reply] [Original]

Where do I get tattoo ideas from? I wanna cover my whole back and chest becaus of acne scars

>> No.17479190

That looks really good.

>> No.17479386

>putting a png on your body forever
Hmm yes, good idea.

>> No.17479770
File: 56 KB, 360x500, 51STFUFEh5L.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17479144
most of my initial ideas for getting tattoos were based on the imagery found in this book. i also would recommend it just for spiritual or life understanding really. everything joseph campbell has written is insightful

>> No.17480821
File: 16 KB, 328x240, 240_F_336277506_8eZ1fQUWRKJULU0In5dei09cukN7kgci.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"sacred geometry"
just don't listen to those crystal munching nutjobs

>> No.17481077

>>17479144
Videogames

>> No.17481755

instagram

>> No.17481803

>>17479770
Campbell is the king of midwits in religious studies. Read Eliade and Girard instead.

>> No.17483313

>>17481803
Not him, but anything you recommend with the same theme as the book in his post, with lots of illustrations?

>> No.17484452

>>17483313
Bump

>> No.17484498

remember the
>im here for the interview
memes? Crazy people at one time thought freaks like this wanted to work.
oh yeah im sure hes a famous artist or something. everyone is the exception.

>> No.17484742

>>17480821
That means you though

>> No.17485069
File: 79 KB, 618x792, thumbnail_IMG_9124.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Where do I get tattoo ideas from?
Instagram.

It doubles by helping to find artists as well.

I'd recommended searching into different styles first and then finding pages / artists on Instagram who post Inspo or flash in the style you like. Hashtags are your friend here. After a while you're recommend page will start to adhere to your searches making it easier.

>I wanna cover my whole back and chest because of acne scars.
Tattooing over scars is always shaky territory, go to the doctors and get some antibiotic gel or lotion first.

>> No.17485317

>>17481803
>Eliade
total fraud
>Girard
literally who

>> No.17486395

>>17479144
I love it when they tattoo the forehead around their receding hairline, only to have it recede even more over time and be left with shitty tattoo placement that no longer makes sense.

>> No.17487832

bump

>> No.17488208

>>17479144
I follow a bunch of tattoo accounts on normiegram. Unlike IRL tattoos are harder than clothing to analyze in public because people aren't always showing them.

>> No.17488423
File: 72 KB, 720x960, 2462D099-1B6F-438C-9968-E1C0CA1A2980.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17479144
>Where do I get tattoo ideas from?
Not social media. Especially not Instagram.

Go buy a survey of art textbook. Find a period of art you like, or the folk art of some culture. Or go get a book of the mythology of a particular culture. Eventually one of the myths will speak to you enough to be a good idea. Then communicate that idea to a tattoo artist whose work you like.

Alternatively, you could try a shitty idea I’ve had but am too scared to try: finding a single sticker (like a dinosaur sticker) and getting it repeatedly tattooed at different places all over your body in different sizes.

>> No.17488478

I have 17 tattoos as of today. I regret none but the ones I value the most are the ones where I found artists with very distinct styles whose work I love on instagram and booked with them and came to them with no idea but chose something from their flash or inspiration books.
As soon as you find someone you like they're mostly pretty good about reposting similar artists so you can quickly find a ton of cool similar artists.
Your best bet is to live in LA or NY as that's where all the cool artists are.

>> No.17488479
File: 33 KB, 750x565, dies from cringe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17488478
>the ones I value the most
>chose something from their flash or inspiration books

>> No.17488480

>>17488479
flash books is how most actual artists work retard
it's not like the flash from a cringe tattoo shop, it's their signature work in one collection

>> No.17488482

>>17488480
You have the opportunity to permanently mark your skin with the work of an artist you like, and you pick something from the shelf rather than getting something custom, and are justifying it with "well, it's normal, so if everyone does it it can't be cringy, right?".
You have no place calling anyone retard, retard.

>> No.17488553

This whole look of just getting a hundred shitty small tattoos is so bad. All these retards will actually regret this decision once they get a real job and stop listening to nmh. If you want to look like a low IQ npc and get tattoos anyways at the very least come up with a general idea and get a full sleeve/piece based on it.

>> No.17490160

>>17479770
thanks Joseph

>> No.17490327

>>17488479
>>17488480
i have two tattoos and would like to get more but have found most artists either want to do entirely their own piece of art with only the inspirational input from the customer, or want to use flash from their own books. ive brought simple images (cave art or ancient designs) that i think could be easily replicated in black ink and was just ghosted or told theyre too busy or not interested. its weird. i kind of just want to get my own ink gun and diy

>> No.17490397

>>17490327
There are so many great artists that I'm sure you'll be able to find one that's willing to do it.
Depending on where you live you might need to travel a bit though.

>> No.17490516

>>17488482
you go to an artist SPECIFICALLY because you like their work you dumbass stupid retard so picking something from their portfolio that they’ve sat and created is fucking logical and normal. demanding every piece be custom and special is fucking gay and dumb. thinking flash = generic or lower quality is idiotoc or you’re going to absolute shit artists

>> No.17490562
File: 97 KB, 540x667, 540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17490516
>you go to an artist SPECIFICALLY because you like their work
Only if you're a retard.
Again, saying "this is what people normally do" is the most retarded defense possible.

>demanding every piece be custom and special is fucking gay and dumb
Sucks that you can't even come up with a request (or even just a topic or theme) for the artist to make a design for you. Maybe one day you'll realize that it's just a handicap you have, which will perhaps lead you to stop coping like you're doing ITT.

>flash = generic or lower quality
I never said low quality, just off the shelf, which makes it, by definition, non-unique.
Whether it's generic or not depends on the particular design and how many other people got it.
Now compare it with getting something unique to you, both in design and meaning. Whether you think off-the-shelf ones are good or bad, getting something tailored specifically to you is objectively better in every way, so it's dumb to pick the worse option when the much better one is just as readily available.

Additionally, in most cases outside of photoreal portraits and similar, the reason why you like an artist is in great part because if their designs, not necessarily their execution.
When you're getting a custom tattoo you're buying the service of getting them to make one of their designs specific to your request, AND their execution.
If you buy an off-the-shelf one, you're just buying the execution of a drawing you like, which isn't much different from taking some cool image from Pinterest and bringing it to any random artist/tattooer.
It's quite simply a worse purchase all around.

When you hire a painter do you make them paint what you request, or do you make them copy something from their past work?
When hiring a graphic designer you don't pick from a catalogue of logos to use for your company. You want something custom.
A tattoo changes the way you appear, so why not choose something that's personal to you?

>> No.17490931

>>17490562
holy shit you are literally retarded

>> No.17490934

>>17490931
Damn Anon, you really showed me the error of my ways. Thank you.

>> No.17490941

>>17490934
your points are all asinine and i’m not addressing them. you clearly don’t live in NY or LA where actual good artists are. You’re clearly going into Lucky’s tattoos or Ray’s tattoos and having their shit artists hand craft something. Actual artists in actual cities work from flash and inspo books for a reason. They’re not making custom shit all day for a reason. People come to them for a reason.

>> No.17490959

>>17490941
>you clearly don’t live in NY or LA where actual good artists are. You’re clearly going into Lucky’s tattoos or Ray’s tattoos and having their shit artists hand craft something
Quoting from my post above:
>I never said low quality, just off the shelf, which makes it, by definition, non-unique.
You keep arguing against something I not only never said, but have explicitly said is not my belief.
I've also said
>Whether you think off-the-shelf ones are good or bad
Which makes it very clear that the discussion isn't about the quality of these designs (I know they're great, or at least as good as the custom design they would make you), but rather their uniqueness.

>Actual artists in actual cities work from flash and inspo books for a reason. They’re not making custom shit all day for a reason. People come to them for a reason.
That reason is demand.
There are enough non-thinking retards like you out there who are ok with the off-the-shelf thing, so that's what tattooers/artists do. Hell, most people just get a tattoo because they want the "i got a tattoo i'm so cool" look, not even caring about the meaning or uniqueness of the piece. Because they're retards.
If more people wanted a custom design, then that's what would be the norm, and is what artists would base their business on.
This is all immediately obvious, and clearly you don't understand anything about anything in the world (which btw is why you keep arguing instead of accepting your disability).
How old are you?

>> No.17490976

>>17490959
your implication that flash is for non thinkers shows me all i need to know. their flash is already special because they sat down and hand crafted it to represent who they are. for you to walk in and demand something more special cuz you’re a special snowflake means they all hate you. you probably don’t even have any tattoos

>> No.17490982

>>17490976
Exactly. It's who THEY are.
It's THEIR art and their alone.
Why not make a version of THEIR art that is molded around you?
We both know that the answer is that it's too difficult for you, as the thoughtless handicapped mistake you are.

>for you to walk in and demand something more special cuz you’re a special snowflake means they all hate you
KEK wait, are you a girl?

>> No.17490987

>>17490562
Actually, picking up an artists flash is extremely common, and serious artists are posting (and doing) flash all the time. Outside of like, Friday the 13th type shit, respectable tattoo artists don't repeat their flash. They're essentially just custom pieces that artists want to do, and good ones will let you make adjustments. If you're following an artist BECAUSE you like their work, it shouldnt be strange that you decide to get their work tattooed.

You seem to be insisting that if you aren't getting a fully custom piece with a ton of cringe intrinsic meaning you're basically just get elbow webs or a tribal band. You should know there's a lot of inbetween, and if you don't know that, you should stop giving people advice about things you aren't informed on.

>> No.17490996

>>17490987
>Actually, picking up an artists flash is extremely common, and serious artists are posting (and doing) flash all the time.
The same "it's common so it's good". I'm sure you can think of a long list of things that are commonly done that you consider stupid, so something being commonplace doesn't necessarily make it not stupid, or at least worse than a different option (which is what I'm saying here).

>Outside of like, Friday the 13th type shit, respectable tattoo artists don't repeat their flash. They're essentially just custom pieces that artists want to do, and good ones will let you make adjustments. If you're following an artist BECAUSE you like their work, it shouldnt be strange that you decide to get their work tattooed.
Why not have them make something custom to you? Even just the core concept or idea to communicate can be more than enough input for them to create something that is 100% their art that you love so much, except it's tailored to you.
How is this not better in every way than just getting something that was made just as its own cool drawing that has nothing to do with you?

>You seem to be insisting that if you aren't getting a fully custom piece with a ton of cringe intrinsic meaning you're basically just get elbow webs or a tribal band.
First of all, I like that you put "cringe" in there, as if meaning itself is cringe (anyone who thinks so has really no place talking about any kind of art).
Second, Those two examples are just the most blatant ways that one can get a generic thing, but them not being custom isn't the only reason why we think they're cringe (and we can debate on what does, but we all agree they are so let's close this parentesis here).
I've already said multiple times tht I do think that those designs can be cool, beautiful, and everything.
All I'm saying is that every positive quality those designs can have, you can get in a custom design that has everything you like of the artist's work, PLUS it's your own.

>> No.17491016

>>17490996
>Why not have them make something custom to you?
Sometimes I will, if I have an idea for a piece that I want an artist to make for me, or commission. But I don't always and only want a commissioned design for a tattoo. Sometimes an artist makes a design I really like and I want it without changes. This applies to plenty of other kinds of art I consume, from paintings to clothing to furniture. Sometimes I want it my way, sometimes it's perfect out of the box. It's gonna be custom to me and my body anyways, even if I don't force them to design it to honor my grandma or my first car or my favorite tree or whatever.

>First of all, I like that you put "cringe" in there, as if meaning itself is cringe (anyone who thinks so has really no place talking about any kind of art).
Meaning IS cringe. In art, I am way more interested in an artists technique and choices. When I enjoy art, what I am looking at is what they did and how they did it, not some secret subliminal message (or, meaning) that is hidden in the piece and is only revealed to me if I am the best art understander. That shit is how children think about art.

>you can get in a custom design that has everything you like of the artist's work, PLUS it's your own.
It's already YOUR OWN because it's yours and its on you. This distinction is dumb as hell and so far removed from what a tattoo actually is that I can't believe you'd go to such lengths to argue for its importance.

>> No.17491031

>>17491016
>Sometimes I want it my way, sometimes it's perfect out of the box
Define "perfect".
You mean it looks good?

>Meaning IS cringe. In art, I am way more interested in an artists technique and choices. When I enjoy art, what I am looking at is what they did and how they did it, not some secret subliminal message (or, meaning) that is hidden in the piece and is only revealed to me if I am the best art understander. That shit is how children think about art.
LOL
If you're personally not interested in it, then that's just you. Thinking it's a bad thing because you're personally not interested in it (AKA, because you're too dumb for it), is next level stupid.

>It's already YOUR OWN because it's yours and its on you
Your definition of "your own" is completely different than what I'm talking about.

>This distinction is dumb as hell and so far removed from what a tattoo actually is that I can't believe you'd go to such lengths to argue for its importance.
What a tattoo "actually is" can be whatever you want. There isn't an official rule for what one should draw on their body.
Some people get their own art, some people get someone else's art (custom or form a catalogue), some people get symbols that are important to them, and some people get the pepsi logo.
Everyone is free to make any of these (or other) choices, and everyone is free to have an opinion on whether or not any given one of them makes sense or is dumb.
I'm expressing one such judgement, and I think having the opportunity to get an artist to design something for you that will go on your skin potentially forever, and instead getting something that merely looks cool from their catalogue, constitutes choosing the worse option.

>> No.17491039
File: 34 KB, 467x600, orange.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17491031
Perfect, in this context, means perfect to me. You're getting tripped up on the wrong part of this, my argument against your pedantry does not hinge on the concept of perfection being universal.

>If you're personally not interested in it, then that's just you
Really foolish to believe that I am not interested in art just because I think you have a pleb's understanding of it. Go ahead and tell me what this rothko "means". Do you think its reminding him to carpe diem? Or maybe it reminds him of an old girlfriend? Or maybe, rothko is a celebrated artist because of what he actually put on the canvas, not because of some special meaning that exists outside of his paintings that makes them extra good and important.

>What a tattoo "actually is" can be whatever you want. There isn't an official rule for what one should draw on their body.
I hope you read this to yourself someday, since your insistence ITT is to the exact opposite notion; you believe that a tattoo not being custom is a violation of your poser tattoo rules.

>> No.17491051

>>17491039
>Perfect, in this context, means perfect to me. You're getting tripped up on the wrong part of this, my argument against your pedantry does not hinge on the concept of perfection being universal.
Not what I'm talking about.
You're saying it's perfect in the context of the quality of the art piece.
I'm talking about, regardless of the art piece, whether that's a good thing to put on your skin or not.
I can make a list of what I think the best art in the world is, but I wouldn't necessarily want to permanently mark my skin with it.

>Really foolish to believe that I am not interested in art
Learn to read retard. I'm saying you're not interested in meaning.

>Go ahead and tell me what this rothko "means"
I don't know. I can look into the artist and make a somewhat educated guess, but the ability of any given consumer of your art to correctly guess what the artist had in mind doesn't detract from whatever the artist actually had in mind.
I'm a musician and I make music with many layers that make it very open to interpretation. The lyrics alone have at least 2 layers (what you hear and what they're an allegory of), and often 3 (what the true concept that the secondary layer means), plus the instrumentation, sound design, etc.
Whether I actually reveal what I had in mind when I made the song or keep it secret doesn't detract from the fact that I'm not merely making something that sounds nice. It has depth. Listening to my first tracks this depth wasn't there, and the difference is night and day, even if I couldn't see it at the time.

I can enjoy art that I don't know the meaning of (and part of the fun is trying to solve the puzzle), but marking my skin with it is another story.

1/2

>> No.17491052

>>17491039
>>17491051
>not because of some special meaning that exists outside of his paintings that makes them extra good and important.
Outside?
What are you talking about?
The meaning is intrinsic to the painting itself. It's not necessarily the "reminds me of my grandma" cringe that you keep implying all meaning is. It can be literally anything, from a concept being communicated, to an experimentation in the technique, to something that the work is supposed to evoke in you.

>you believe that a tattoo not being custom is a violation of your poser tattoo rules.
I don't. Tha's just what your emotionally-driven pathetic reading comprehension lead you to get from my posts, because it's convenient to you to make yourself believe that I just said something retarded, rather than understanding the nuance of the point you're not able to argue againt without resorting to fallacies.
2/2

>> No.17491062

>>17491051
The line was "Sometimes I want it my way, sometimes it's perfect out of the box." I was explain why I don't always need an artist's work to be custom to me. I'm saying the work perfectly suits my needs without alterations. Think like you're buying a sofa: the one that is perfect for me might need to be reupholstered, or I might make no changes to it.

Since its a big deal for YOU to get a tattoo that isn't custom, I'd like to give you some further personal advice: don't get tattoos at all. You clearly have a problem inking something on your body unless it's been psychically blessed by your brain via some early stage genesis. Which is fine for you, but stop coming on this board and describing your hangups as the rules of getting tattooed.

>Learn to read retard. I'm saying you're not interested in meaning.
Perhaps it's you who needs to read your own posts, as you're the one who said, of meaning "anyone who thinks [meaning is cringe] has really no place talking about any kind of art" It was you, not me, who bound the concept of meaning as inseparable from discussing art itself. >>17490996

>>Go ahead and tell me what this rothko "means"
>I don't know.
Shocker. Just kidding! It's okay to not find meaning in this rothko, I don't; I just find his use of color pairing and format to be really interesting.

>I'm a musician and I make music with many layers that make it very open to interpretation.
Okay, argument aside, please please please post some of your music I am dying to hear it

>> No.17491064

>>17491052
>The meaning is intrinsic to the painting itself.
>It can be literally anything, from a concept being communicated, to an experimentation in the technique, to something that the work is supposed to evoke in you.
You're making the concept of meaning so vague that it's just literally anything at all, but to bring it back to the original thread here, if those are all acceptable forms of "meaning," then your whole point collapses in on itself because you can certainly find "experimentation in the technique" or "a concept being communicated" in a flash tattoo.

> it's convenient to you to make yourself believe that I just said something retarded, rather than understanding the nuance of the point you're not able to argue againt without resorting to fallacies.
I think I've been pretty thorough and good faith in responding to your central points here. Do you think its possible that you've just argued them poorly?

>> No.17491093

>>17491062
>Think like you're buying a sofa: the one that is perfect for me might need to be reupholstered, or I might make no changes to it.
If my sofa were something I carry with me everywhere till I die and altered the way I presented myself to the world, I wouldn't make that choice so lightly.

>Which is fine for you, but stop coming on this board and describing your hangups as the rules of getting tattooed.
It's not a rule. Just a judgement for something that I think is a worse choice than having the artist make YOU something. You're free to disagree.

>you're the one who said, of meaning "anyone who thinks [meaning is cringe] has really no place talking about any kind of art"
Yes, and that has nothing to do with the sentence you misunderstood, which was "If you're personally not interested in it, then that's just you", meaning that just because you're not personally interested in meaning it doesn't mean that the whole idea of meaning has to be cringe.
Lots of the greatest art of all tiem isn't considered such because of how it looks, but because of both the looks and the meaning (and by meanign I mean anything that's behind its mere surface).

>It was you, not me, who bound the concept of meaning as inseparable from discussing art itself
I absolutely did not.
I only think it gives it depth and can (if the meaning isn't some dumb shit) make it better.
But this is about art in general. When it comes to tattoos, I think something that comes from *you* has an additional layer that improves it over something that doesn't.

>I just find his use of color pairing and format to be really interesting.
I enjoy it as well, but I wouldn't put it on my skin, even though it could look pretty sick to be honest.

1/3

>> No.17491094

>>17491062
>Okay, argument aside, please please please post some of your music I am dying to hear it
I've posted it on /mu/ and other boards and I don't feel like getting doxxed and associating it with me being an asshole here.
Just pretend it's terrible. Does it make anything I say more or less valid?

>>17491064
>you can certainly find "experimentation in the technique" or "a concept being communicated" in a flash tattoo.
100%.
I'm not saying that for a piece of art to be a good tattoo choice there has to be *any* meaning.
A flash tattoo can have the deepest meaning ever put on calvas, but for me to want to permanently put it on my skin it has to be something whose meaning/concept/whatever is connected to ME.

2/3

>> No.17491096

>>17491064
>I think I've been pretty thorough and good faith [...] argued them poorly?
Very possible, but any time you've made an example for something you've labelled it with its most cringe version to discredit it. For example:
>even if I don't force them to design it to honor my grandma or my first car or my favorite tree or whatever.
>You seem to be insisting that if you aren't getting a fully custom piece with a ton of cringe intrinsic meaning you're basically just get elbow webs or a tribal band
> Do you think its reminding him to carpe diem? Or maybe it reminds him of an old girlfriend?
This is a common debating tactic that aims to discredit the opponent's argument by associating it with its worse examples and making it seem like the whole thing is based on the negative characteristics that come to mind when the association is made. To make a very blatant (and thus ineffective) example:
A says "a recent study by the university of Mississippi shows that X" and B retorts "Mississippi? what do those rednecks know about X? They don't have X in their trailer parks! *laughs*". Maybe you're not doing it on purpose to "win" the discussion, but it's not exactly a valid argument that addresses the point.
And I'm not sure if it's you, but
>for you to walk in and demand something more special cuz you’re a special snowflake means they all hate you
Which is both the same as above (implying that only people who feel like a speshul snowflakes would want a personal tattoo), plus trying to discredit the person by diminishing their standing in the community we're talking about (which is really nothing more than a middle school insult and doesn't make the argument more or less valid).
Plus all the times I've had to say "that's not what I said" because my words got twisted into something that to me seems pretty hard to do unintentionally. Especially considering it happened after I've been pretty explicit in saying that I think the opposite.

3/3

>> No.17491132

>>17491093
>on sofas
You're missing the point, Im not saying these purchases have the same gravity, I am saying the same decisionmaking process applies. If a tattoo is right for you, it doesn't need to be custom.

>on rules
You said yourself that people who disagreed with you were retards, handicapped, and posted multiple schitzowalls railing against flash like this >>17490562
Pretty hardline for something that you're now walking back as a "simple difference of opinion," but I guess that means you're starting to agree with me so I'll let it go.

>on art
You have no idea what you're talking about.

>on art semantics
If you meant your words a different way, I'd suggest presenting them differently. When you say meaning is so important to art that anyone who finds it cringe should not discuss art, and I tell you that actually technique and style are way more important, it's not my misunderstanding when I back up my position in response to you saying that I must not understand meaning (which you have asserted means I do not understand art). Once again, it is you who has failed to follow base rhetorical logic.
I see now that I have quoted you directly, you are once again backpedalling from "if you think meaning is cringe you cannot discuss art" to "I only think it sometimes makes good art better" I truly hope you are not this much of a weasel when discussing things in real life, for the sake of your friends

>on music
No i wont be mean I promise please post it

>on your distillation of the word 'meaning' to just be whatever you want
Im glad we agree that this concept is meaningless (haha)

(oof, starting to post my own schitzowall here, sorry gamers)

>on my bad faith arguemention
When I accuse rothko of making carpe diems, this is me joking. I'm having a laugh. My true point is that having special meaning is not a master condiment that potentates any work of art (a point I've now forced you to concede)

>on special snowflakes
thats someone elses post

>on bed
I am going

>> No.17491166

>>17491132
>I am saying the same decisionmaking process applies. If a tattoo is right for you, it doesn't need to be custom.
Of course. I'm just pointing out the discrepancy in the analogy and what makes its characteristics not apply to tattoos, because "it doesn't need to be custom" makes sense for furniture, but not for tattoos (at least IMO).
Well, actually I don't think it NEEDS to be custom. Just that it's better.
I will agree that it's possible to find something that so perfectly speaks to you and it relates to something deeply inside you even if it wasn't made with you in mind. If you can get that, that's also not bad, however I would argue that the likelihood of you finding that in a flash book is slim, and even if you did, something made specifically with your input, independently of meaning, is is a better thing to permanently mark yourself with than something where every other quality is comparable, but is just something you found and added to yourself.

>You said yourself that people who disagreed with you were retards, handicapped, and posted multiple schitzowalls railing against flash like this
>Pretty hardline for something that you're now walking back as a "simple difference of opinion," but I guess that means you're starting to agree with me so I'll let it go.
My point is that people can do whatever they want, and I also can judge them as harshly as I see fit (and vice versa).
I'm arguing less aggressively because you're engaging with me in a more or less level-headed way. It's fun to call other people retard when they don't even argue against you, but now that you're having a normal conversation with me I'm focussing more on the dialogue and less on the attacks.

>You have no idea what you're talking about.
Ok.

1/3

>> No.17491169

>>17491132
>If you meant your words a different way, I'd suggest presenting them differently. When you say meaning is so important to art that anyone who finds it cringe should not discuss art, and I tell you that actually technique and style are way more important, it's not my misunderstanding when I back up my position in response to you saying that I must not understand meaning (which you have asserted means I do not understand art). Once again, it is you who has failed to follow base rhetorical logic.
I said meaning is important when getting a tattoo. You said meaning as a whole is cringe. I said that you can personally not care about meaning, but to say that all of it is cringe means you shouldn't talk about art (since you're disregarding a gigantic part of it as not only unimportant, but even bad). This doesn't mean you don't know anything about art (you can be an expert in everything else, which is also very important). Just that your opinion is tainted by this view of yours.

>No i wont be mean I promise please post it
It's not about what you might think of it. It's about this thread being associated with my name.

>>on your distillation of the word 'meaning' to just be whatever you want
I didn't say that, but I guess I've accepted that my words are being twisted in a way that coincidentally makes it easier for you to argue against.
For the sake of convenience I've used the word "meaning" to abstract anything behind the visual aspect itself (the meaning, the concept, the intention), and I made sure to state it explicitly. I could've said deeper layer or whatever. I recognize that it made it less clear. My bad.

2/3

>> No.17491170

>>17491132
>When I accuse rothko of making carpe diems, this is me joking. I'm having a laugh.
Yes, it did sound ironic, but it's still merely a taunt, and not an actual point.

>My true point is that having special meaning is not a master condiment that potentates any work of art (a point I've now forced you to concede)
It is and I see no reason to concede to you simply stating the opposite.

>>on bed
>I am going
Good night.
I've wasted way too many hours on this meaningless shit so I'm leaving too.

3/3

>> No.17491182

holy autism

>> No.17491229
File: 95 KB, 700x700, aBr9GKA_700b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17479144
Don't get tattoos. They're literally a signpost that you have no personality by saying 'look at me I have a personality'

>> No.17491234

most tattoos suck, that's why they're looked down on, picture being that dumb.

>> No.17491236

>>17491229
nah bitch don't worry about what I do with my body, I don't get them for you no matter how desperate you are to think every person's every decision is meant to project a message directly to you
boring queer

>> No.17491241

>>17479144
>I wanna cover my whole back and chest becaus of acne scars
get swastikas and other nazi imagery/symbols to fill your body that way people will be too afraid to fuck with you and you'll never be bullied for your acne again

>> No.17491245

>>17488478
>17 tattoos
>thinks LA and NYC are cool
Don't do it OP, do you want to end up like this retard?

>> No.17491261

>>17491245
never said la or nyc were cool dumb idiot, but if you know JACK SHIT about tattoos you know those are the epicenters for good artists in the US. Stupid idiot.

>> No.17491373

>>17491236
>I don't get them for you

That's right because I see them for what they are

Also homos love tattoos

>> No.17491671 [DELETED] 
File: 81 KB, 768x1024, 1559230261266.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>'Oh a tattoo thread! I hope i can find some cool tattoo inspo and different sty-'
>Its an entire thread of 5 people writing multi paragraph long posts basically calling each over stupid over and over again....

Why can we never have a nice tattoo thread on this board

>> No.17491675
File: 81 KB, 768x1024, 1559230261266.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>'Oh a tattoo thread! I hope i can find some cool tattoo inspo and different sty-'
>Its an entire thread of 5 people writing multi paragraph long posts basically calling each other stupid over and over again....

Why can we never have a nice tattoo thread on this board

>> No.17492349

>>17491229
says the guy making a duck face with a wrinkly forehead and sunglasses indoors...