[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 96 KB, 1200x675, npcmeme.0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15887663 No.15887663 [Reply] [Original]

What's "punk style" exactly? The guys I stalk were talking about that

>> No.15887693

>>15887663
Punk is dead.

>> No.15887697

is this seriously a thread about what is punk and what is not?
/fa/ has hit a new low

>> No.15889398

>>15887663
Punk is either two things. The style set in the 70s/80s, where people wore plaid pants and leather jackets with crazy hair to be counter-culture, and defy societal standards. Or it is general counter-culture, where you stand up against the conformity of the current establishment.

The later is much more worthy of respect. Every college gender studies student wears weird fashion and has dyed hair, but it takes real balls to wear something actually controvercial. Political messages like Anti-war shit, libertarian shit and pro-religion shit are based. If more than 100 congressmen support your message, youre doing it wrong, so no antifa or trump stuff.

>> No.15889498

>>15887663
Don't listen to any of these dumb /fa/gs. 90% of people on 4chan don't know anything about punk, besides well known bands from the 80s. They especially don't know anything about what's going on with it currently.
Modern punk "style" is essentially "dark thriftcore", if you can picture that.
Have a good day, yandere-chan.

>> No.15889501

>>15889398
Seeing your post just reminded me of that old Zounds song that goes "Sometimes I think I'll go and get a knife and cut all of my clothes down into rags, sometimes I think I need a holiday from wearing my opinions like a badge".
I agree 100% with what you're saying but just remember that it gets annoying and obnoxious having to engage with every moron on the street because of your gadsen hat, free Palestine shirt or whatever the fuck.
That said this thread is cancer fucking sage goes in every field.

>> No.15889875

>>15889501
I guess another aspect of punk is looking somewhat intimidating? Ive never seen a real punk that looks friendly and approachable. Noones gonna ask you about the gadsden patch on your jacket or your "Bombing Children for president" shirt if you look like you'll beat the shit out of them