[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 520 KB, 675x675, shop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13242129 No.13242129 [Reply] [Original]

While rifling through old clothing in the basement of a dusty back-street shop, you come upon an exquisite brass oil lamp. The shopkeeper lets you have it for a song.
Back in your hotel, you give the lamp a cheeky rub and who should emerge but a Fashionably Dressed Genie! He will bestow upon you three fashion-related wishes...
>First, you may present to the genie one ARTICLE OF CLOTHING (items like gloves or shoes may be presented as a pair). He will enchant it such that it never wears out beyond its present condition. Even if it is torn in half, lost, or burned to ash, it will reappear to you the next day as though nothing happened.
>Second, you may choose one COLOR. Henceforth, you will have the ability to make any surface this color by placing your palm upon it and uttering a short incantation. The affected area will be, at most, a circle whose center is your palm and whose diameter is equal to your height. If the surface is fabric, leather, paper, or similar, the color will behave as though factory-dyed. If the surface is brick, metal, etc, the color will appear as a high-quality paint. The incantation is irreversible, but the new surface color will behave like any mundane paint or dye.
>Third, you may describe one CLOTHING TREND, historical or imagined. In the following days, high-profile celebrities will be seen wearing what you have described, and it will be featured prominently in the product lines of establishments ranging all the way from mall-tier fast fashion to the most venerable houses of haute couture. Depending on the absurdity or practicality of your idea, the resulting popularity may be short-lived or it may become a permanent fixture of popular culture.
Choose carefully!

>> No.13242185
File: 357 KB, 1500x2000, 1520360687313.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>some 1k+ leather derby
>Black if that is a (((Color)))
>something creating conformity like Jil Sanders / or maybe Rick Owens instead

>> No.13242210

>ARTICLE OF CLOTHING
If I pick something modern or high tech I'll probably get tired of it, so one of those handmade fisherman's sweaters, and I want it to smell like lanolin forever
>COLOR
A deep violet-red in the realm of aubergine/plum/wine
>CLOTHING TREND
Medieval larping with authentic materials and craft, if that's normalized then you can probably get away with wearing just about anything

>> No.13242215

>>13242129
Raf simons Parachute bomber, in black, new clothing trend is milsurp just because I wanna wear tactical vests without looking retarded

>> No.13242226

>>13242129
>A pair of black Levi's 501 S W29 L32
Already wearing this literally daily and been pondering getting a second one to just wear while the first one is hanging out to dry
>Burgundy
I guess? Why would I want that tho?..
>Dandy fashion
I just want the people everyone looks up to to look noble. This trend of idolizing the lowest of the scum of the earth needs to die already

>> No.13242308

>>13242129
Second.

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love, both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a newborn baby it just happens ev'ryday

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door I must have it painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facing up when your whole world is black

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not forsee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the setting sun
My love will laugh with me before the morning comes

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

Hmm, hmm, hmm...

I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun, blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
Yeah

>> No.13243045

If I sell the enchanted clothing, will it still return the next day? Because then I'd probably get a $10k+ watch and sell it for free money.
For my color, the purest possible white. Unrelated question, will the color spell work on human skin?
Probably some kind of dark techwear for the trend, and I would like the celebrities to only go out at night, I want to erode the vestigial idea that day is the time for work and night is the time for rest.