[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 46 KB, 600x581, 1465943524778.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11413185 No.11413185 [Reply] [Original]

Is it worth being /fa/ if I don't live in a big city?

>> No.11413191

yes because few will outshine you, basic ass outfits in small towns=fashion god to normies, but in big cities you wont ever get a second glance

>> No.11413207

just do what makes you comfortable dude

personally i'd experience far more discomfort not presenting the way i do now/want to than i mind some people thinking i look weird/ugly/stupid/whatever because there's always going to be someone hating you know?

in the end it's just clothes and focusing on being happy and kind is far more important, people actively shitting on peeps they don't know (or do) got bigger issues than what jacket to buy

fashion aint for everybody and if you're uncomfortable sticking out than it's absolutely fine and perfect choosing not to! but if you feel you'd be happier looking a certain way i really see no reason not to - if your group of friends make you feel like shit for something as silly as clothing i'd suggest changing who you hang out with, not your outfit

>> No.11413212

You definitely stand out more. back when I gave more of a shit on how I dressed i got random people telling me they liked my hair and my outfit.
Kind of worth if you don't mind having more attention on you

>> No.11413217

>>11413207
this desu

its mostly about engaging with the world in a way thats authentic to you. certainly dressing for others is a perfectly valid way to do things, but it definitely isnt the only way

>> No.11414158

You can't go too far with fashion if you live in a small town. More high-end fashion that I wear when I'm at university in the city usually gets some compliments. When I wear the same stuff in rural-ass bumblefuck nowhere, people think I'm some sort of crazy person. Just shit like tight black jeans or v-necks

>> No.11414181

>>11413185
If it's a small city with less than 20.000 people, you have it on easy mode.

My city has 2 million people and you see everything from guys in immaculate suits, god-tier fits all the way to shitty cringy meme fits.
No matter what you do, you are almost never unique.

>> No.11414212

>>11414181
three words: diy

>> No.11414263

>>11414212
Sure but unless you have a very outlandish fit you won't be something special.

Not that you can't have a nice unusual fit but people naturally care less when they get thousands of impulses every day.