[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 13 KB, 633x758, 10d8c640-0dc4-0131-933a-168dd56d763b.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10590461 No.10590461 [Reply] [Original]

Diagnosed today as literally autistic

Welp, I'm just never going to be cool or creative enough to pull off fashionable outfits. Time to cut my losses, can you guys give me some good autism-core looks?

>> No.10590471

Normcore is designed for you.

>> No.10590480
File: 279 KB, 853x1280, 1421629682782.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10590461

>> No.10590484

what specifically caused them to diagnose you so

>> No.10590560

>>10590484

The fact I am autistic?

Seriously though, it took two assessments. my first assessment was unclear as they weren't sure if I thought like a normie or had just adapted myself around normie rules from an early age due to being reasonably smart, until I could no longer easily tell them apart from my natural autismal nature.

In my second assessment they went more in depth, they kept just, asking me more and more shit. Less about my personal life and more questions I had to work on. Stuff like, being given a theme and generating words around it, which I sucked at, and was meant to test my creativity. Or finding a number of symbols on a page and ticking them off in the correct order -- stuff that tests your ability to switch attention effectively, and not get bogged down in the details at the expense of getting a general picture of things. Other tests that sort of...I don't know, seemed to measure my ability to synthesise infomation (which I sucked at) sort of sort the wheat from the chaff, see what is relevant quickly and intuitively rather than wholly analytically. I can go on (and on) if you want,

>>10590480

Haha. When I was in the waiting room for the assessment I saw a guy wearing full rick walk past, it's what made me think of you guys.

>> No.10590564

>>10590560
the fact that you just wrote that much proves that u are autism

>> No.10590571

>>10590560
I'm not going to lie: you sound like you kinda wanted this diagnosis.

I have friends who thrive on the fact that therapists have told them something is wrong. They get told they have an anxiety disorder or autism and use that as a perpetual justification for virtually all of the bullshit in their life. School too hard? Anxiety. Girl dump you? Autism. Etc.

Recognize that there's one of two ways you can handle this situation: you can sit around sucking your own dick and feeling bad for yourself as you die in mediocrity, or you can ball up and do the best that you can in the world despite the autism. The former - which I've seen a lot of friends do - is what leads you to living with your parents at 30.

If you have trouble switching attention and seeing the big picture, then just lean into that and find a career and hobbies that maximize that. Go study engineering, find a hobby involving detailed work, etc. Just don't sit around sucking your own dick.

>> No.10590590

>>10590571

You are right, but I've already been NEET for two years and I'm 24 now.

I had some brain damage three years back that sort of ruined my life, and I've got a chronic auto-immune condition that makes me exhausted a lot of the time. I don't know, it's all gone so shit I don't know what to do. A lot of my friends have solid seeming careers but aside from a few of the very smartest (who go on the news to speak about politics n shit) I don't really see too many who are that satisfied. I don't know, I don't mind living with my mum at 30. I mean, yeah of course you are correct - wanted the diagnosis, I feel better now i've gotten it. I'm just not sure you know what it is like to have 'really bad' anxiety/depression/autism. It just isn't something that you can think or work you way out of? How can I work when I get laughed at, feel worthless in every social situation? When I get so tired I can't think? What even is the point? I don't give a shit about most work - that's a problem I know, it shouldn't be beneath me, I've got to get over that, but equally I don't see people like you having done so, you just have high status roles. What's the point in any of this anyway if I can never love? I've got to do something, but blegh, I don't know what. Would it be possible to do something offbeat, unpaid, but become ace at it? An awesome troll or something. Do any of your friends speak of their pride at shit like that.

Also you should really be giving your friends this advice as well, if you don't already! (also some of dat mega dollar you have.)

Thanks for the advice & concern though man, I do love your posting.

>> No.10590599
File: 59 KB, 550x373, The-Social-Network-Jesse-Eisenberg_1287236583_crop_550x373.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10590918

>>10590590
wow... just wow... you are the autism. now use it to blame your problems. brain damage aside, you seem relatively intelligent. why would that hold you back? i'm a fuckin dumbass sometimes, but manage to live life and enjoy things. diagnosed depression before 20, autism spectrum, and ADD. went off meds at 21 and living a fulfilling (though mostly poor) life at 29.

turning out to be a good looking man was nice, too. was poor, ugly, awkward loner, and made fun of through all of school. also was a neckbeard when got off meds for a good couple years.

>> No.10590946

wow Autism tier posts Pham

Yeezy season 1 is autiscore

>> No.10590965

>>10590918

Thanks fellow autism-bro. I doubt you are a dumbass, if you manage to live a fufilling life with the autism. The number one determinant in a sperglord having a bearable life is their IQ, as far as I know.

What do you do now, and how do you manage to cope with your problems while doing it?

>>10590946

Jesus christ man,

>> No.10591177

>>10590560
Sadly, I think you got the lower tier of autism, the not so smart

>> No.10591184

>>10591177

Hmmm. I think you've got the rage that makes you project your boring narcissistic frustrations onto other people

>> No.10591220

>>10590965

Dumbasses usually live more fulfilling lifes, it's the height of your goals that determines how fulfilled your life is (i.e. dumbasses aim low and don't overthink or overcomplex).