[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 878 KB, 1600x1042, Espresso-Sosta-Stockholm-Espresso-and-Croissant-for-Breakfast1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10024565 No.10024565[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

/fa/, what is the deal with small drinks?

I mean espressos and small glasses of mild liqueur. Even shots of vodka or other hard liquor.

What's the point, from a fashionable lifestyle perspective?

I ask because I suspect that swilling tall lattes and pints of beer is a non-/fa/ thing to do. Almost like you expect to be thrown out of the establishment the instant you finish your drink - so it better last a long time. I guess I can understand this, having felt that way when I first left Hicksville.

But, contrariwise, what's the advantage of small drinks like espressos or shots?
If you go to a café, inhale an espresso, and leave, you eat up a similar amount of "commute" time as when you order a tall drink. It just seems like a hassle over nothing. What's the psychology?

>> No.10024571

>>10024565
>same amount of taste as a large cup, but all of it intensified into one sip
what's not to love?

>> No.10024583

Smaller=You finish quicker

You just want a small chat to catch up and a snack, Well there you go.

>> No.10024593

this is relevant to my intrests

>> No.10024648

>>10024565
Drinks wihout all the filler

Most fa espresso based beverage must be a piccolo

>> No.10024668
File: 50 KB, 500x375, tumblr_mpw9gpzvBR1rhi0rbo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10024565
Espresso is espresso, it's supposed to be small shot of strong coffee. Most people I know wouldn't want to drink more of it.
Liquor shots are liquor shots, if you want just the taste of it or a little buzz you get it.
Also if you want to be /fa/sshole order a small drink and consume it quickly to give an impression that you are a very busy person.

>> No.10024699

Some people genuinely like the taste of pure espresso coffee. Some people like the taste of an espresso latte. People differ, it's what makes the world go round.

I drink various types of coffee; latte, long black, piccolo latte, plunger, drip etc. Just depends on what I want/feel like at the time

As for alcohol, I only really doing shots as a means to getting drunk. If someone enjoys the taste of vodka, then I imagine they'd sip it.

>> No.10024710

>>10024565
>shot of vodka
i mean i know i down 16 oz of vodka straight, no chaser, but not everyone is as poor as me. and can afford something thats not the cheapest drink in the store

>> No.10024828

>>10024583
So it's not really a sit and read a book kind of drink?

>> No.10024853

I'm not a coffee drinker so can't help there.

I prefer pints because I like drinking ales and I enjoy the taste. I only do shots when I'm out clubbing.

>> No.10024858

>>10024565
first off, i dont think that any of the general statements you're making are true and i think that its a reaction to moving out of bumfuck nowhere
>What's the point, from a fashionable lifestyle perspective?
the points of shots and espresso is to consume all of the desired drug (alcohol/caffeine) while consuming less liquid

>I ask because I suspect that swilling tall lattes and pints of beer is a non-/fa/ thing to do.
i have never felt this way but you probably perceive espressos and shots as being sophisticated because you are paying a lot of money for a small amount of liquid - so the liquid must be fancy/high quality, right? that is the impression it gives imo

>If you go to a café, inhale an espresso, and leave, you eat up a similar amount of "commute" time as when you order a tall drink.
i dont know anyone that can drink a tall hot coffee as quickly as they can drink espresso

>> No.10024912

>>10024858
>first off, i dont think that any of the general statements you're making are true and i think that its a reaction to moving out of bumfuck nowhere
I have my doubts about tall coffees being non-/fa/, but I'm more certain about beer, at least in a low-end barfly context. On the other hand, a low-end coffee in a paper cup can still be /fa/, in a gritty kind of way.

By /fa/ I guess I mean "elegant" or "poised," more likely both.

>i have never felt this way but you probably perceive espressos and shots as being sophisticated because you are paying a lot of money for a small amount of liquid - so the liquid must be fancy/high quality, right? that is the impression it gives imo
I wouldn't say that exactly. In my experience a cappucino is more expensive than an espresso, being basically an espresso with something extra added.
However, you might be right, if we're talking about an unconscious aura.

>i dont know anyone that can drink a tall hot coffee as quickly as they can drink espresso
I think you missed the word "commute."

>> No.10025122

Bump for semiotics

>> No.10025168
File: 83 KB, 395x281, 100.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> having milk with coffee after 10am

>> No.10025509

>>10025168
Whyever not?

>> No.10025517

>shots of vodka and hard liquor

they are small because of the alcohol content ya big dummy. a standard shot of 80 proof alcohol has roughly the same amount of alcohol as a can of beer. Taking a shot is like chugging a beer.

>> No.10025551

>>10025517
Of course. But why choose the quick option, if you're drinking outside your house for the sake of getting out?