[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 97 KB, 600x450, boltpistol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
98579 No.98579 [Reply] [Original]

How possible does /diy/ think it would be to make working replicas of guns from various fictional settings, such as 40K? I was looking at some 40K cosplay stuff, and was rather disgusted to see modified nerf guns being used for bolt pistols. How feasable would it be to make a bolt pistol that actually shot something along the lines of a 12-gauge slug? I'm not thinking about practicality here - it's not something I'd shoot myself, since I like not having broken wrists, but to have a bolt pistol that actually shot would be fucking awesome.

Ideas? Don't limit it to 40K, any weapon replica that actually works is awesome.

>> No.98585

>The one rule at the start is going to be do not share instructions for how to make weapons
What you are essentially asking is, how do I give a firearm a fancy shell?

>> No.98589

Go for nerf guns and similar. I happen to have a nerf knockoff with a magazine that already looks like a bolt pistol.

>> No.98597

>>98585
Weapons imply that it's going to be used to hurt people. This is meant to look awesome, make a big bang, and shatter every bone in your wrist if you fire it. You know, a working replica.

>> No.98602

ITT: how do I make my toy gun shoot real bullets?

>> No.98617

Bolt pistols fire 70mm explosive/incendiary rounds.
They rapid fire as well (or is that the rifles...)

Good luck.

>> No.98631

>>98617
Bolt pistols are semi-auto. While 70mm rounds is not the scale I'm looking at (seriously, think of how large that is...), a 12 gauge shotgun shell would suffice for the necessary noise and effect.

Just thoughts I had been toying with.

>> No.98656

Give up OP, You'll never get any help here involving real ammunition. Go to /k/ or something.

>> No.98854

My brother is a gunsmith and the level of work that goes into something like that while keeping it safe is pretty ridiculous. Plus it would be a working firearm so you would be manufacturing which is min5years.

>> No.99014
File: 200 KB, 990x628, cinesesegwaysnc8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Aren't Space Marines supposed to be something like three times larger than normal humans? So, if you make the prop for yourself and scale it down to your hand, the ridiculous 70mm ammo also scales down too. Maybe a good old-fashioned spud gun? Those aren't really weapons any more than nerfs are, but have a bit more kick to them.

>> No.99028
File: 183 KB, 800x600, bolter1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>98854

Only if he tries to sell it without a license.

Also the Bolter in OP's pic makes mine look like shit. I wish I had access to all the needed tools and materials.

>> No.99030

1. Saw off shotgun
2. Super glue a facade
3. Seriously injure yourself

>> No.99033

Just a note: if you do end up creating or modifying a working firearm, please DO NOT FORGET that it is a working firearm. Just because it ends up looking like a toy doesn't make it a toy. Practice proper firearm handling etiquette (ie never point it anything you don't intend on destroying, keep your finger off the trigger, safety on, etc)

>> No.99036
File: 49 KB, 400x505, EatShit[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>98579
>disgusted by using cheap modified toy
>would rather waste a firearm by welding pointless metal skulls to it