[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 82 KB, 400x300, almond-shells-closeup-thumb56955.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
98456 No.98456 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /diy/, I've just finished my first batch of christmas candies and now I'm left with a ton of crushed almond shells. They looks so usable. Any ideas of what I could do with them, like decorations and such? I'm thinking of grinding some and putting into soap, do you think it would work as an exfoliator?

Also ITT, DIY Christmas stuff.

>> No.98471

I think the burn pretty well.

>> No.99254

I'm taking assorted cookies, bars and balls: rum balls, coconut french toast, biscotti, sugar cookies, brownie, regular cookies, snickerdoodles and a nice banana strudel. Lots of kids in my family.

>> No.99256

get some epoxy, grind those up, mix a little in, and baby you got yourself a non-slip curable, pourable surface coating!

>> No.99271

An exfoliator in soap could work.

Grind them up, mix with wax for a binding agent, and compress into blocks for a decent fuel source.

>> No.99283

build DIY compost bin, make DIY compost, grow DIY veggies, cook DIY dinner

>> No.99460

If you grind it the powder can be used as blasting media, though walnut shells are more common.

>> No.99670

String them into a cluster and have you a nice-sounding shaker, if you or someone you know is percussively inclined.