[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 17 KB, 300x400, miniguard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
88779 No.88779 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /diy/,

I was wondering if any of you have had experience making from scratch or adapting Warhammer like models for other materials.

I remember hearing a while ago about some green "stuff" which people would mould to Tyrannid forms and bake set then paint for unique models.

I was thinking of making something out of bird bones and some mouldable plastic as a base, but I'm still thinking about it.

Pic related

>> No.88785
File: 40 KB, 400x300, Greenstuff.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> green "stuff"

Yeah, the stuff is actually named 'green stuff' and sold by games workshop and I think fanatic army painter too. It's a strip of yellow and blue stuff that hardens when kneaded together. It's quite nice for sculpting extra details onto warhammer models.

>> No.88788

Aaahhhhhh, thank you!

Yeah this points me in some useful directions

>> No.88798

>>88785

It's also incredibly overpriced. Go to a craft/hobby store and ask for modeling putty. They should point you in the right direction at the very least.

>> No.88905

Greenstuff is literally kneadatite repackaged by games workshop under their own name. If you want the exact same shit get kneadatite, its way cheaper due to skipping GW as the middleman.

>> No.88909

Fuckin GW, they got the models taken down of the leman russ and sentinel from thingiverse. Luckily someone re-uploaded them. The dreadnought is probably going to be taken down too soon.

Can't wait to get the parts in to make my 3d printer.

>> No.88920

/TG/ might be of some hlep

>> No.89360

>>88905
Well shiiittt... Why am I not surprised?

Will this green stuff work as a good medium to stick different bits like metals and bones into.

I guess I'll have to order some and try it out.

>> No.89374

>>89360
After it sets add a little epoxy around the base of whatever is protruding to secure it.

>> No.89389

>>88905
here you go.
GW: £6 for 6 inches of greenstuff. from another supplier, £10 for 36 inches.

you do the maths.

http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/kneadatite-duro36-inch-reel.html