[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 30 KB, 552x360, oh-shit-nigga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
82464 No.82464 [Reply] [Original]

Alright guys, heres the deal. im pretty decent with wood working, and i have some experience in clay working, and my father taught me pretty much all he knows about working on cars, houses, industrial buildings, and some metal working, and im stuck in new mexico. in a really small town i might add. problem is i have absolutely no money at all. i have literally about 70 cents in my ban account and i need enough money to get myself and my fiance' back to florida. looking for a job here is a nightmare because i havent been here long enough to establish any connections, and most of these places are family owned. how can i used what i know most effectively to make myself a bit of extra cash to get home? also, desert as far as the eye can see here, and new mexico law prevents me from working on peoples homes and shit without a license. pic related, its my face when i found out my bank overdrafted me for no reason and left me without enough for even one ticket back

>> No.82475

Try making some trinkets or whatever and selling those. Anything you make out of clay might be useless without a kiln. Since N.M. law prohibits you from working without a license, here is what you do;

Go to the local Home Depot or other large hardware store. Out in front along the road you'll see a bunch of brown people. Not blacks, Hispanics. Try to let them know you want to work with them, and try to explain your situation. They might just help you out.

Worse comes to worse, paint where you want to go on some cardboard, find an on ramp, and stick your thumb out.

>> No.82480

>>82475
i have actually seriously considered making trinkets like you suggested. although the only problem with that is acquiring the materials to do so. the only thing i can find out here for in abundance is rock. lots and lots of rock, and i have no tools to work rock at all.

also, thats a good tip about the home depot thing. i'll have to find out what kind of hardware store they have here though, because i know for a fact that there is no home depot or lowes or anything else like that.

again, thank you for the input. i'll deffinitely try out what you suggested.