[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 81 KB, 1024x768, 2014-07-23 12.16.10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
672167 No.672167[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hi, is there any way to do "cardboard cuouts" like this one but that are at least a bit more "pro"?

I want them to put them on my desk or something like that, nothing really heavy-duty.

I know I can just print anything I want, paste it on cardboard, cut and I'm done, but I want to know if there are any materials or ways to do this stuff, still in the "diy" vein but less cheaper, like for example, add some kind of barnish or vinyl to the figure so it doesn't peel off or decolorates, etc

>> No.672238

>>672167
Rather than pasting paper to card board, printing on card stock would solve the peeling problem.

As for the discoloration, use a UV resistant card stock; If you stick with the paper and cardboard route, maybe try spraying it with UV resistant clear coat.

>> No.672557

>>672238
Thank you, I'll try printing directly on card stock and using a clear coat

>> No.672762

/po/

>> No.672791

>>672167
I recommend creating your forms in photoshop, using an adhesive to attach them to matte board, and then use an exacto blade to cut them.