[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 4 KB, 276x183, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
545099 No.545099[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

hey guys the power button on top of my iphone 4s is jammed and doesnt go in or out what can i do to fix this??!?!?!

>> No.545106

Throw it in the trash and get a new one. That shit is so out of date it's sad.

>> No.545107

Put it in your toaster. When metal heats up it expands, what you have to do is get the metal of the case to expand enough to free the button, the toaster is the most efficient way to do this.

>> No.545111

There are vids on youtube of how to take it apart.

>> No.545117

>>545111
This and also buy a new power button flex cable assembly from ebay, shouldn't cost you more than $10

>> No.545123

>>545117
These are the fucking WORST to repair. Screens are easier to replace than these. Home buttons are easier to replace than these.

The power button is on the same strip as all the fucking front sensors and it WRAPS AROUND THE GODDAMN EARPIECE SPEAKER. What fucking black turtlenecked genius came up with that shit.

>> No.545130

>>545123
I've done it a few times, it's a bitch but once it's done it's done and doesn't seem to bad.

You could always take it to the apple store and pay to get the wshole phone replace, not sure what they charge these days.

>> No.545138

>mfw my gs4 volume button bent and all i needed was a regular scredriver to take the back off and push it back into place
>mfw noface

>> No.546333

OP are you still here? I had the same thing happen on mine, the button sort of collapsed into itself and if you press it really hard it would work. Does yours work if you press it really hard? If it does then you don't need to order the Button itself but the ribbon cable as another anon suggested OR you can do what I did where I took it all apart and put a dab of glue onto the button top so it has less travel for the metal button to push onto it.

I used this link to take it apart, http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+4S+Power+Button+Replacement/7284

You will need to buy the plastic tools and special screwdrivers. You can find them on eBay for like 5$ from china but you gotta wait a month for shipping. Make sure you have a clean place to tear it all apart, it doesn't have that many pieces but you don't want to loose any tiny screws, and lay it all out in order and read ahead in the guide so you know what to do and make sure you read it very carefully. When you have it all apart and you remove the little metal button for the power then look at the circuit board and use a tiny screwdriver to press the "dome style" button and see if it clicks. Mine would click but when the button was installed it wouldn't make the click sound because the dome had collapsed just slightly. So I used some normal liquid glue and a toothpick and put a tiny dab on the top of the dome (where the metal button contacts) and then let it dry and did this about 5 times until when the button was installed it would make that *click* sound.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes