[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 506 KB, 1396x625, 1381530849790.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
537363 No.537363[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hello /diy/.

I've come across a strange radio transmission, and I was wondering if any of you were interested?

I was told to ask for radiofag, but I'm not familiar with /diy/ and I don't know if he's here.

Here's an image of what I'm talking about.

Thank you for your (possible) interest.

>> No.537370

saw this thread on /b/ yesterday.
Nice troll.

>> No.537371

>>537370
I don't think it's a troll.

Some of us are working under the assumption that it's actual aliens, but I'm thinking it's the opening to an ARG.

I'm not trolling, I promise. I'm from /x/, not /b/.

I was told, in the current thread on /b/, that radiofag might be able to help.

>> No.537374

1st, give location it can be heard from on the planet and the frequency.
2nd, determine where the source comes from, the planet or from space.

>> No.537376

>>537374
>frequency
I don't know the frequency. The OP last night said it was in the wide-band spectrum, that's all I know, sorry.

>location
Last night OP said he lived in Idaho, so maybe the northwest US.

>source
It's probably from space. Someone thought it could be like a numbers station, but that never panned out, plus OP said he used a satellite-monitoring array or something.

>> No.537378

I'm sorry for not having more information.

If anyone is interested, feel free to visit the thread on /x/, the /b/ thread is just shitposting.

>>>/x/13553421

>> No.537382

>>537376
Oh, you mean the OP image is it? lol No, that's just made up crap.

>> No.537384

I'll be darned, I thought posting the word "/b/" was still prohibited on /diy/.

I've visited the threads, and if we go on the supposition that it's just a mystery that needs solving for the sake of solving (not aliens or conspiracies or anything like that) it might be fun.

I've been on my cellphone all day, so no real chance to look into this myself.

>> No.537385

To be honest, not that I have a chance to see it on a big screen, if that waterfall display in OP's pic is supposed to be the "signal", then yeah, I call B.S.

>> No.537389

Oh that's cool. Somebody calculated the exact frequencies they'd need to create symbols in a spectrogram display. I've seen that done before, but I've never had much success with it myself. I wonder if there's some sort of software to to that.
Definitely looks like some ARG thing.

>> No.537393
File: 51 KB, 259x575, OP is a fag.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>537389
Yeah, all you need to do it is the Coagula to make the image and encode it as a sound file, Audacity to import it into another sound file, and Spectrogram to replay it as what you see in the OP image.

Like so,

>> No.537398
File: 453 KB, 1000x500, noise.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

silliness

i write music and sometimes i draw messages into the background synths etc... if you do it well it's quite musical and nobody will ever know the secret message unless they see the track on a spectrogram :3

>> No.537399

>>537393
HA! I was trying to do this last night with an almost identical image for the first /b/ and /x/ threads, but i could not for the life of me remember the name of coagula. Nice one.

>> No.537537

There's an identical thread on /b/

Alright, so it 404'd.

>> No.537559

>>537382
No, i actually saw the original thread on /b/. The next day, when i saw these kind of hieroglyph things i couldn't believe it.

So i tried, and... well...
Yea.

Ever since, i kinda want to make a ham radio using a sat dish or something, probably.

>> No.537560

>>537559
So did I, the guy never revealed frequencies other than a "wideband" nor the gear he was using to RX, plus someone on /x/ found the original sketches of the aliens that he imported into the image he converted. It was good, but not good enough.

>> No.537568
File: 71 KB, 750x442, aphex.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>537363
Not really related, but interesting. You can make pretty cool stuff with coagula. Aphex twin used it a bunch in his song (a mathematical equation). Most notably, pic related.

>> No.537616

>>537568
It's all coming back to me now. I'm a fool.