[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 32 KB, 770x426, 1320099397264.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50520 No.50520 [Reply] [Original]

Hello guys, I have a problem.
I wanted to start with this thing, but I dont know wich transistors to use, anyone knows?
Thanks.

>> No.50525

http://archive.installgentoo.net/diy/thread/44332

>> No.50528

>/diy/
>useful for other than sex toys

>> No.50552

Well, OP here.
I readed the thread, but ppl say different things.
I saw one of them talks about BC108 transistor. Q1 and Q2 are the same transistor or can be differents? Whats the difference?

And I have to tell you that here, the most accesible transistors are BC, I mean, stores works with BC models. European.

Thank you guys!

>> No.50561
File: 157 KB, 784x457, 1320309238684.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>saves pic
>skips looking at parts list

lol.

>> No.50571

>>50561
I had not this image. Anyway, it's a problem find those transistors, here we use BC.
And I still have the sama question, what's better, using the same transistor or mix different transistor in the same circuit.

>> No.50572

IS this Fuzz face usable alone(this, guitar and combo/reproductor) or do you need something else(other effects)?

>> No.50574

what is link to page with this schematics?

>> No.50585

>>50572
OP.
Is a pedal, you will need a guitar and an amp.

>> No.50587

>>50552
>Q1 and Q2 are the same transistor or can be differents?
usually they are the same, but you can mix different transistors (even a Ge with a Si) just be sure they are PNP (the circuit you posted if for PNP transistors, but it's lame because it is negative grounded).
BC108 are good, but they are NPN so:
>just build an NPN (aka negative ground) Fuzz Face qith BC108.
>build your schematic (PNP aka positive ground - not exactly your chematic) with BC177, the PNP version of BC108

>why positive ground if PNP fuzz?
a negative ground PNP (your scheme) will work but it will very likely have noise-oscillation problems. If you build a PNP, you should build a positive ground version (like the original)

Just google for schematics, they are fucking everywhere

>> No.50594

>>50574
I found them

Damn, only 3 schematics and 1 manual, kinda sucks

>> No.50613

>>50587
Ok dude, I will try to understand all your information.

I am a noob in this field. I have built only a little amp and a pre-amp, thats all.
This year I began studying engineering, and I have to study electronic circuits and that kind of stuffs, so i watched this here and said, "why not?".

Anyway, I have too much to learn, so I will read as more as I can. Right now I dont know what is PNP nor NPN or what you said about grounded, but I will understand.

>> No.50664

http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/fuzzface/fuzzfacepnpschematic.gif

>> No.51846

BC108 and BC109 transistors are pnp or npn?

And BTW, can I use a BC548, I readed it is a newer version of BC108, is there any significant difference?

Thank you again ;)

>> No.51865

>>50613
>Ok dude, I will try to understand all your information.
Nice. Don't be scared by terminology. PNP and NPN are just the two main families of transistors. Negative ground means that you ground your circuit (ground is connecting a point of your circuit with the enclosure -if it is made of conductive material- and jacks ground terminals) to the negative pole of your battery. Positive grounding, you connect the positive terminal. Ground is where you assume your zero voltage refence is, but don't worry if you don't grasp all at once.

Anyway, an advice: get rid of those hipster 8-bit isometric perspective schematics and learn to read real schematics. It is not hard, you just have to learn some symbols and notation.

>BC108 and BC109 transistors are pnp or npn?
for every question on transistor or IC specs, learn to do the following:
google: "component name" datasheet
you will eventually find a pdf file of the datasheet. All information you will need to know in order to use the component are in the datasheet.
>DATASHEETS MOTHERFUCKER

>> No.51990
File: 5 KB, 353x271, fuzzfacepnpschematic.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>51865
I know it, but it's more "visual". I have also this scheme, wich is the same, no?
As BC108 and BC109 are NPN, I guess I can't use them. Wich one should I put on my circuit.

>> No.51992

>>51990

You can use NPNs, if install all the electrolytic capacitors and the battery backwards.

>> No.51994

>>51992
Thats what I thought, but as I am a noob a asked. Thank you.
I guess i will try with different transistors in order to find a sound i like.

And btw, this will be my last question, I promisse, I have a blue led I would like to add. Where can I put it?

>> No.51997

>>51994

Anode to ground, cathode via a 560R resistor to battery's negative terminal (assuming PNPs).

However, the LED consumes much more current (with that 560R resistor roughly 50 times more) than the rest of the circuit.

>> No.52029

>>51997
Any recomendation?
There are leds wich consumes less than a blue led. Should I choose a different led or I do anything bout lightning.

>> No.52049

Well, I come from the store, and now I open the packet and discover they gave me 108B and 109C.
I think it won't work, what you say?

>> No.52097

Whoa so the artwork, in other words all the graphics on the image, were pixel art they made? Damn I was really hoping that it was a program that just happened to have everything in there that you drag and place and connect, I could definitely use something like that for explaining things a little more clearly to people I know. +1 for great visuals

>> No.52110
File: 7 KB, 665x559, fuzzface3.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I found this scheme, and it's not like one guy said that you could just switch it backwards. So what do? // Not op but same problem. :)

>> No.52113

>>52049

They're nearly identical transistors. You can use them both (as long as you modify the circuit to fit for NPNs.)

Btw, it looks like I calculated the current consumption of that circuit incorrectly and it's somewhat higher. If you use a very bright led and run it at 1mA (series resistor = 5.6k), it only halves the battery life. Bright led means narrow beam of light, though.

>> No.52125

>>52113
But how to modify? =(

>> No.52236

>>52125
NIGGA SRSLY
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=npn+fuzz+face+schematic
I mean the fuck

>> No.52238

>>51990

Is the 'fuzz'-potentiometer logarithmic or linear?

Captcha: consider resproj

>> No.52319

>>52125
Not the OP, just in case.

OP understood he has to change the battery position and the capacitors position.

>> No.52353

>>52319
I understand that as well, but i'm not certain i've done it correctly. And the guy above doesn't seem to understand that i've googled. I guess the big problem is how the tele jackets go, since they are not included in any schematic. :(

>> No.52454
File: 55 KB, 400x400, wtfamireading.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>52353
>big problem is how the tele jackets go
>the tele jackets
>tele jackets

>> No.52787

Im getting some troubles. Were should I put the flux capacitor?