[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 59 KB, 640x409, 19106_10151367778064329_452274210_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
387382 No.387382 [Reply] [Original]

I want to build a maze inside my house, with the walls. How do I start? Nobody done this before?

>> No.387421

Step 1 is to get a bigger house.
Step 2 is to grow up.

>> No.387423

Just mess with your Sims and be done with it

>> No.387424

>>387382
you might be looking for "hidden passages"

>> No.387429

In general houses there's not enough space within the walls for it to fit a maze. You'd have to start from the ground up and design one with that in mind and then build it; which, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think you know how to do safely and according to codes in your area.

I'd suggest if you really want to do it to just start drawing what it could look like. Have fun with it, design your dream home and maybe even check into building codes to see if yours fits them. Maybe check out some architecture or free information online and eventually attempt to build it.

>> No.387430

>>387429
Or, you could go play minecraft or something and do that. I know that I had a lot of fun designing redstone circuits and building various mazes using traps and attempted optical illusions.

>> No.387435

No problem op, it is going to cost you around 600$ (at least) probably on mirrors alone. Reflective plastic might be cheaper. Check it out.

Line your walls with reflective material. Build your maze using transparent walls (Plexiglas) and mirrors though-out (mirrors are expensive but add to the complexity, the more the better it will turn out). For bonus points, strobe lights placed around the room and inside.

>> No.387521

Don't have any design plans but start with

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=joseph+fritzl

and extend it adding a right turn and a dead end every 15ft

>> No.387523

>>387521

That was mean of me, but >>387429 is right, you'd need a big open space to start with (outside may work better if you've got that available.

For an Idea, don't US diners have maze puzzle placemats sometimes? why dont you copy one and give the victims a copy of the chuck e cheeze or whatever placemat?