[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 121 KB, 640x426, DSC5219.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
38013 No.38013 [Reply] [Original]

Ask a guy who's building a small house with his own two hands anything.

Pic related, I just installed the doors and windows so it can now more or less weather the coming winter. It took me five months to get to this stage.

>> No.38016

>>38013
How much of an issue was planning permission?
Did you get visit an architect at all?
Are you worried about subsidence/ground movement?
How long do you intend to live there?
Are you going to do the wiring/plumbing yourself?
Speaking of which, what are the plans for sanitation and electricity?

>> No.38017

Good going, looks like you've got to this stage in decent time. Also looks like you have a decent bit of space around you, is it a large plot?

>> No.38019

damn dude, that looks awesome, good work. I wish I had the time to accomplish something like this.

>> No.38021

What kind of foundation are you doing? Is it slab construction or constructed with joists?

You did all of the framing? And good job on the windows and doors, those are something I would never want to deal with.

Have you done any interior work on electrical or plumbing?

Have you thought about pre wiring your home for a security system?

>> No.38024

most tedious part?
most frustrating/difficult part?

>> No.38025

>>38013
Whats the actual size of the house? Sorry if this sounds stupid but looks pretty big for a small house.

Also what climate are you building this in?

>> No.38031

>>38021
>electrical and plumbing

These are my questions too. It looks like the whole house is made of cinderblocks so how are you handling these?

>> No.38033

>>38016
>How much of an issue was planning permission?
Maybe four weeks to be done with all formalities; but it was all during last winter so I could start building as soon as the weather permitted (which was actually far later than I predicted - frozen ground and all).

>Did you get visit an architect at all?
Yeah, I have one "leading" the construction; which pretty much mostly means a quick inspection on various stages to get an "ok" for formalities. Had to make a few adjustments based on his judgement but it was all mostly in the planning stage.

>Are you worried about subsidence/ground movement?
No such problems where I live. There's a small risk of flooding as there's a river nearby, but the piece of land is on high ground and it's unlikely to be touched. Last time there was a major flood it was supposedly untouched.

>How long do you intend to live there?
Hard to say, for now it's a small step up from living in an apartment block.

>Are you going to do the wiring/plumbing yourself?
I have an uncle who's an expert in such stuff; and if he won't be of help personally (he already helped me with framing) he certainly knows who to recommend.

>Speaking of which, what are the plans for sanitation and electricity?
Settling for a septic tank, but I already have water and grid power connections.

>> No.38036

>>38031
cinder block construction doesn't usually present a problem for electrical.
drywall isn't hung directly on block, there are usually firring strips. even if there's no drywall, such as a garage, you just drop wires into hollow cells.

>> No.38040

>What kind of foundation are you doing? Is it slab construction or constructed with joists?
Proper, heavy as fuck slab work.

>You did all of the framing? And good job on the windows and doors, those are something I would never want to deal with.
My uncle who's an experienced builder helped me with the trickier parts. The windows and doors were relatively easy (if tricky), took two days.

>Have you done any interior work on electrical or plumbing?
No on the electical, yes on the plumbing. Did a lot of piping that's blinded for now.

>Have you thought about pre wiring your home for a security system?
Didn't do anything of the sort yet, haven't even thought about it.

>>38031
>These are my questions too. It looks like the whole house is made of cinderblocks so how are you handling these?
Those are aerated concrete blocks (AAC). The material is great to work with; they're lightweight for their size so it was a breeze after the backbreaking foundation slabs.

Sorry if I don't use proper terminology, I'm not a native English speaker.

>> No.38041

did you do a basement? why/why not?

>> No.38046
File: 139 KB, 640x426, small house.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i dont know where my question went.

The vertical concrete pour, here we call it Castle, i see you make some casltes on the second floor but not on the first floor. why?

Also the "dala" the horizontal concrete pour, you put it at ceiling level, i normally see this at door/window level, where the door and windows finish, then another series of 1 or 2 blocks, then the roof. Is this common in america?

>> No.38054

Simple questions- What would you put as a rough guestimate cost?

and, may we see a floor plan?

>> No.38057

>>38040
Would you mind posting the plans, I'm wondering how much space is available inside.

>> No.38058
File: 174 KB, 528x535, mahland.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38041
There's no basement. It's a lot of hard work I wouldn't know how to get started with and I planned on finishing the house in one spring+summer. A shame to be frank, my dream tiny house originally had a pool room with a bar underground. Could still do that upstairs I guess.

Also, the floor plan is around a hundred squere meters (96 to be exact), so it's rather small. The plot of land is weirdly proportioned, being narrow but long (pic related). I could fit in a good few more house like that lengthwise.

>>38024
>most frustrating/difficult part?
Roof part around the dormer (and the dormer itself).
NEVER AGAIN

>> No.38066

>>38054
>>38057
I don't have the plans on hand (I'm not at home right now). I might have them somewhere online (from sending them over e-mail), I'll post them if I find them.

As for the cost, it's hard to compare between countries (I'm in Poland). The land cost me 50000zł (~$16000) and the works and materials so far around 35000zł (~$11000).

>> No.38078

>>38066
>you will never build your own house for under $30k

>> No.38081

>>38013
Is it a 2 story?

>> No.38082
File: 94 KB, 640x426, loftarea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38081
Formally, it's "single-story with upstairs loft area".

>> No.38085

>>38082
Very nice.

>> No.38088

im really jelly OP

I keep making up plans for a shipping container house. shit would be cash

>> No.38090

>>38066
Huh, I though Poland had adopted the Euro.

>> No.38094
File: 105 KB, 640x426, DSC5212.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38046
It's common practice here in Poland at least, so the architect consulted claimed. It was formally checked and a-ok'ed, so I suppose it's fine.

The opening pic was the back (probably going to make a nice veranda there), this is the front.

>> No.38105
File: 45 KB, 340x512, DSC5232.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38090
We're obligated to based on the EU joining treaty, but there's no set date so we've been belating as much as we can (initially we were supposed to join in 2009, now it's 2014).

With the eurozone crisis maybe it might collapse before we join it.

>> No.38107

>>38058
>that land plan
the fuck

who the fuck came up with those borders? the guys who did colonial africa?

>> No.38112

>>38013
Land costs?
Plan costs?
Permit costs?
Material costs?

Any issues building to code?

>> No.38113
File: 20 KB, 448x292, Quonset hut.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

op why would you choose stick-built? fucking anachronism.

>> No.38118

>>38113
>static caravan nomad

>> No.38122

>>38113
oh shit wish i had opened a pic before my fat mouth.

ICF is fucking boss, i wish it were more common. how much did the forms cost? it seems ridiculous to me how much the two or three available systems costs, for what they are; high mark-up products annoy me and this definitely seems like a potential 1000x + one (some styrofoam and stamped plastic bits)

>> No.38140

>>38058
Let me tell you what you need to do.

Build a road by your house.

Divide your land into three parts.

Sell the further two.

>> No.38145

>>38105
that's a lot of lawn mowing space

>> No.38151

Where is the insulation?

>> No.38159

>>38122
I'm not really sure what proper "ICF" entails; those are AAC blocks which interlock at the sides but use a small amount of special mortar between upper and lower layers.

>>38112
In dollars, plans+permits ~$2000, land ~$16000, materials just below $10000; obviously finishing will cost a lot on top of that

>> No.38163

>>38013

If I assume you live in North America, you've positioned your house to the Solar South, thus making your home efficient from a lightning and heating stand point. The choice of using stone, i.e. cinderblock, is only going to amplify this.

In other words, children, take note, this guy knows what he's doing.

>> No.38171

>>38163
Well, it's in Europe but the same thing applies; the orientation is deliberate :)

>>38145
I didn't even know that when I bought the land, but all the shrubs at the back are wild hops. I'm into homebrewing so I might well keep some of them. Already tested some and the beer was great.

>> No.38174

>>38171

Good job, /diy/nosaur. Looks good.

>> No.38178

>>38163
how does one figure out orientation based on a photo?

no trolling, just curious

>> No.38185

I don't know what the rent market is like near you, but if you have some extra cash and time rather than sell your extra plot space I would consider building some rent houses. I bought and moved into a duplex a short while ago and it was probably the best financial decision I've made. You have to do most repairs/renovations/upkeep yourself or you'll go broke, but it looks like you'd definitely have it covered.

Like I said, don't know what the rent market is like where you live, but it might be worth your time to see if that is a viable option.

>> No.38197

>>38178

I looked at the shadows....

>> No.38198

>>38178
Angle of the sun.

>> No.38201

>>38113
>/diy/
>guy wants to have a prefabricated house

all of my hate

>> No.38205

>>38163
>cinderblock
In other words, this guy doesn't have a clue what he's talking about

>> No.38206

>>38205

What are you suggesting? Raised wall instead? Shipping container?

>> No.38207

>>38205

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Incredible insulation properties, which he's obviously amplifying by orienting his house to receive maximum solar radiation. More than enough strength for his location. Cheap.

Seriously, shut the fuck up. You are hereby the dumbest poster on this otherwise great board.

>> No.38215

>>38206
"cinder blocks" haven't been in production in the US for about 40 or 50 years. They used ash and coal slag as aggregate which eventually failed.
The proper term for what OP used to build is CMU, Concrete Masonry Unit.

>> No.38220

>>38215

Oh nitpick, nitpick, nitpick.

They're still referred to as cinder blocks by virtually everyone.

>> No.38221

>>38215
>I can't into colloquial usage of words

protip: even wiki's search redirects "cinderblock" to CMU

>> No.38227

>>38215

"Cinderblocks" have kinda become a catch-all term, like seran-wrap kleenex, etc. So he's a layperson. Cut him some slack.

>> No.38231

>>38178
You don't. Without a timestamp and/or geographical position it's just a lucky guess.

>> No.38232

What kind of construction loan did you get? I'm thinking of maybe building a house of my own one day, but decade-long financial obligations scare me.

>> No.38252

>>38215
Well first off OP's in Poland so why bring up the U.S, secondly it's just a catch all term. You want to try and sound all high and mighty when in reality you just come off as a jackass. If you can point out some serious concern and give OP some constructive criticism outside of calling CMU's a term that everyone everywhere uses...GTFO

>> No.38266

>>38252
You must be the " hurr durr I can tell by the shadows which way your house is oriented".

Nice job OP, you should be proud, and good luck with your further progress. That's a beautiful house.

>> No.38268

>>38232
I didn't need one, so far it's all from savings. I make the equivalent of $2000 a month after tax so the $27000 I spent so far was pretty modest.

>> No.38270

>>38266

I made the shadows comment, I guess having common sense makes me an elitist, right?

Get fucked, butthurt faggot.

>> No.38294

>>38266
>You must be the " hurr durr I can tell by the shadows which way your house is oriented".
Implying you can't.

Oh wait. YOU can't.

>> No.38297
File: 148 KB, 1280x800, preliminary-design.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

have you considered berming the structure at all? the insulative properties should help to level out your temerature, and as long as you use a good watertight outside layer to the blocks, you'll be able to stabilize your inner temp for a lot of the year.

i have a similar plan for my grandparents 1980s home in central florida.you can stack and infill used tires around the structure to keep the earth from causing too much lateral pressure or drift.

>> No.38317

>>38297
There's no space for that really. The land is rather narrow and the front and back walls need to be open.

>> No.38321

>>38297
why not build completely underground if you're going to do that?

>> No.38323

oh well. wish you the best. I'm looking for ways to build out pre-existing houses the best i can.

>> No.38324

http://www.simondale.net/house/

why not make a hobbit house?

>> No.38334

>>38297
code enforcement would flip a bitch if you did this in cali, also moisture, frost heaving, also, im not necessarily saying this is you but, I hate it when people think half burying/berming/soil roof type shit is the answer for everything. There is a reason no civilization on the planet lives underground (or ever has) and its not some giant conspiracy by the real-estate industry. Insulation slows or stops the transfer of heat to cold areas, high thermal mass materials dont stop energy transfer, they just do it slowly. On a long enough time line, iirc a few months per foot of soil, the soil actually just normalizes to the temp of the exterior walls of the house. This might make your house heat up more slowly in the summer time during the day (good) but after the soil has absorbed all that heat during the day it then radiates it back out into your house during the night, when the ambient temp is actually cooler than the soil, making it harder to cool the house. Similarly in the winter in the day time the soil is colder than the ambient temp and its actually making your house colder. Masonry and soil and all these other materials with high thermal mass are not just some blanket solution to heating a cooling problems.

>> No.38335

>>38324
stability and building codes.

>> No.38355

so, anyone know how much would something like this cost in the good ol' US of A?

>> No.38359

>>38334
i can agree, it isn't a solution for everything. in the southern climate it can work pretty well, and in cases where you invest the time and can orient your home to best use the sun and wind that is common in your area, the better your end result can be outside of HVAC.

personally i prefer to try to get as much out of old ventilation designs as possible, and newer architecture has some great ideas about lighting and solar orientation.

as far as code enforcement, you just have to back your design up with examples, that are climate similar. central florida doesn't really get more than very minimal frost, and the soil is pretty barren, so there isnt a lot of moisture retention, but i'd be making sure to seal up the outer ecvelope as well as possible anyhow to make sure the humidity doesnt get too high.

>> No.38368

>>38355
low six digits, but there's lots of factors to consider

>> No.38372

SOLAR WATER HEATER OP
Y U NO DO THIS???

>> No.38393

>>38372
>implying you install that kind of shit at this stage of construction

>> No.38405
File: 71 KB, 250x250, james dean with night covers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38393
>2011
>building your own house
>not planning ahead
isygddt

>> No.38419 [DELETED] 

>>38334
fuck nigga, you know what you are talking about.

Also, not everydesign works everywhere, i read a lot of people that wants to use the sunlight to keep the house warm, in mi case i dont want the sun to hit my house because is so fucking hot here. and the winter is not so bad, the real deal is the summer, dealing with 50 Degrees, Celsius. Is not good

>> No.38426
File: 129 KB, 500x374, cellbrick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how hard is it to make concrete structures

does it have a similar budget?

also small living spaces like in http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128953596

(or both as in yamashita's "cell brick", pictured)

>> No.38496

>>38426
protip: those tiny houses are stunts by big name architects that cost dozens of times more than normal sized houses

>> No.38520

>>38297
Daywalker - ace diagram! What program did you use to make it?

>> No.38601

>>38405
how does planning ahead translate to installing shit before it's supposed to be installed?

>> No.38602 [DELETED] 

>>38426

Some would argue that concrete, or virtually any masonry-esque medium, is easier to work with than say metal and much more forgiving than wood.

>> No.38632

>>38602
some would argue you should leave that shit to professionals and it's not supposed to be easy

>> No.38647

>>38013
>with his own two hands
>five months
Sorry, have to call bullshit on that. The house isn't THAT small.

>> No.38652 [DELETED] 

>>38632

It's plenty easy provided you do your research and take your time so it's thoroughly done correctly.

Quit being a pussy.

>> No.38733

>>38520

looking at the axis that's prolly sketchup

>> No.38749

>>38647

Not OP, but seems like you don't have a clue at all.

>> No.38761

>>38647
>implying it's hard to stack up one and a half stories of cmus
it could be done in two months

>> No.38762

>>38602
I've done a concrete walkway using a small mixer. It's one hell of a lot of work. Concrete is heavy and messy and requires a lot of preparation of forms and reinforcing. I've also done a bit of wood framing. Of the two I think it would be much easier to build a structure out of wood than concrete.

>> No.38774

How is it that most people assumed OP was from the US when the car in the pics is clearly European?

>> No.38781 [DELETED] 

>>38762

I said it was easier to work with THAN metal, and more forgiving than wood.

Not that it was easier to work with THAN wood, not more forgiving than metal.

>> No.38835

>>38058
Planning on adding a /diy/ workshop/shed? Lots of place for that.

>> No.39234

OP says the house is 96 sq meters, which is over a thousand squere feet. That ain't small, especially for one person.

>> No.39263 [DELETED] 

>>39234
eh, that depends; mcmansions sort of skewed the sense of scale over the last decade or two

>> No.39522

>>38013
If you're building a small house like that, why not a wood construction?

>> No.39536
File: 8 KB, 320x240, mccheese podium.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>land ~$16000

I'm jelly unless you missed a zero

>> No.39638

>>39522
Because he's european and knows that real houses aren't made of cardboard.

>> No.39661
File: 40 KB, 600x400, 17758900.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38078
>>38078
they would always buy one. This yurt is 30 feet across and costs only $10k. It doesn't come with Interior walls or flooring so that's probably cost you another $10k.

>> No.39772
File: 50 KB, 468x460, 1286614766397.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38171
Oh man, this /diy/nosaur not only builds his own house, but he makes beer with the hops he finds on his property. I like this guy.

>> No.39813

>>39661
Resale value: $0

I love atypical homes but would never own one due to their value being basically for the land its on only. Every "green" or "carbon-friendly" home I've seen built since about 2001 has been put back on the market at less than cost. The buyer usually demolishes it and builds a traditional home in it's place

>> No.39892

>>38058
>Could still do that upstairs I guess.
Or you could do it when you add on to this house.

>> No.39898

I want a small house with more basement space than aboveground space.

>> No.39902

>>38107
They're based on the roads and he got two back-to-back plot. Makes sense to me.

>> No.39916

>>38178
You can get a pretty good idea from the sun. But it's not always possible to tell where in it's arc it is, and southern hemisphere is mirrored from northern hemisphere.

>> No.39927

>>38321
Because then you have to make the roofs way stronger.

>>38334
Some internal temperature control goes a long way towards alleviating that problem.

>> No.39931

>>38355
>>38355
About the same, in a poor or unpopulated area.

>> No.39937

>>39813
yurts are mobile tho, if you ever move you can take your home with you

>> No.39945

>>38647
Building a house is less work than you apparently think it is. He's only got the basic shell done in five months. It's not only reasonable, it would be very unimpressive if it was all he was doing. He probably has been working some job and/or going to school at the same time.

>> No.39947

>>38033

I'm guessing the ground perked then. Las thing you'd want is to put in a septic tank, find out the ground won't take water. And have to get it dug up and worked on repeatedly. Shit backing up, etc.

>> No.39948

>>39638
His roof looks flimsier than I'd build, and I'm American.

>> No.40466
File: 22 KB, 300x400, mitrega.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP here, nice to see the thread got some replies.

>>39945
Yeah, I work eight hours from 8 am, so I mostly only had time for building during weekends and after work (the latter started becoming hard lately, as the day gets shorter and I'd only get an hour of two of sunlight after work).

>>39948
Poland doesn't really get strong winds; the area I'm building in doubly so.

>>39947
The soil is supposedly a perfect clay/sand type for a septic system (and crappy for most other uses).

>>39536
Didn't miss a zero, but the price was still amazing. I'd expect it to cost two-four times as much. I took a few months last year to look around before I bought anything. At 50000zł ($16000) for 3000 square meters it was the best bargain I got (that's just above 50 cents per square foot for you Americans out there). It may be in the middle of nowhere, but it's a well connected middle of nowhere (in the broad suburban area of a large city and with a great train connection serving it).

>>39902
Just for clarity, the plot isn't between two roads as the map would suggest. The southern line is a small river/stream. Funnily enough, it's called "Mitręga" (pic related) which is an archaic word for "Suffering" or "Torment".

>> No.40495

>>40466
>Funnily enough, it's called "Mitręga" (pic related) which is an archaic word for "Suffering" or "Torment".
I don't know why I giggled at that.

Man I wish I could find land for that price in the US that wasn't in the middle of fucking nowhere.

>> No.40829

>>40466
>50 cents per square foot
the fuck

I thought Europe had huge real estate prices?

>> No.40842

Hey OP I had a dream I visited you in Poland in your new house. And it looked awesome finished (in my dream)!
Sage for no actual contribution

>> No.40853

>>40495
Have you tried detroit? Its technically still a major city.

>> No.40857

>>40853
Yeah but the problem is it's Detroit.

>> No.40863

>>40857
>protip
Buy the whole city and build a wall.

>> No.40866
File: 22 KB, 640x402, d9289c51_ce49_2735.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>40863
I like you truckerfag you're not a complete faggot like the tripfags on /v/

>> No.40871

>>40866
I like you Anonymous you're not a complete faggot like the Anonymous on /o/

>> No.40875
File: 6 KB, 274x242, 46fb43ee_2fd2_8d89.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>40871
/diy/bro's
It's a shame I don't really know a craft or have space to start one. Anyways back to lurking.

>> No.40892

OP

>apologises for English not being his first language
>speaks better than the 99%

>> No.40908

>>40892
Polish han/diy/man is the 1%
Building his own house is taking the jobs from the 99%.
OccupyPoland.

>> No.40911

>>40908
The Germans already did that once.

>> No.41043

>>38058
>Roof part around the dormer (and the dormer itself).
>NEVER AGAIN

dear lord, this

if any architectural element is the spawn of satan it's that

>> No.41135
File: 274 KB, 1306x1843, 1234157594221.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>40863
IIRC they have had so many homes fall into disrepair and be demolished that there are blocks in detroit with only one or two houses so like a year or two ago the city started reclaiming the empty lots and then selling them to the homeowners/banks who owned the remaining adjacent homes. So now there are spots where you can literally buy an entire block and have it all to yourself.

If I had the cash and the gall id buy up a nice ass house and a bunch of the land/homes around it, demo them and then wall up the entire thing and plant a huge pleasure garden. Complete with roaming deer and shit so I could go out hunting and shoot some game and have my rich friends over for a feast and shit like I was a king

I know its never going to happen but I can dream . . .

>> No.41144

>>41135
Yeah, but where are you going to find a nice house in detroit?

>> No.41151

>>41135
I'd love to buy a few foreclosed blocks in Detroit too so I can get a few tanks to just go around and completely wreck shit.

>> No.41154

OP, did you consider something else than a sceptic tank?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructed_wetland
We have some of these in the netherlands and are growing in popularity. Theyre pretty reliable (also works in winter) and can be cheap. Btw you cant simply dump some sand and add some reed, you would need some advice of people who deal with this shit daily.

>> No.41155

>>41144
I cant be arsed to look up the realestate adds but a while back there was a thread in /k/ about it. Anons were just browsing around and there are actually a lot of really nice huge old houses that are just in horrible condition in some of the areas. Weird shit like, 5 bedroom 3 bath for 80k, only one neighbor on the block. And then there where tax incentives for remodeling stuff because they are trying to stop the falling population/implosion of the city. Living in the ghetto sucks but there are some genuine opportunities for some alternative living

>> No.41215

>>40466
Why does that stream have such perfect sides? It looks like somebody's path that flooded.

>> No.41219

>>40863
>make an Arkham City type zone in Detroir
>but the wall is to keep people out

>> No.41225
File: 509 KB, 1383x1037, DSC00051_s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>41043
That's a big part of why I didn't use dormers in mine, but instead desynched my roof slopes (whatever you call that) to get my windows.

>> No.41232

>>41144
>>41135
>buy a nice house instead of building
Also
>keeping deer on only one block

And if it was me I wouldn't do much to plant the garden, I'd just put in a few hardy plants and see how they spread and reclaimed the area themselves.

>> No.41259

>>41232
>keeping deer on only one block

well, the idea was actually inspired by some popes villa or something where he bought up a big section of the city and planted a forest stocked with game and then him and his guests could be at the vatican or whatever, go down the block for some hunting in the city during the day and eat the game for dinner. It just sounds so much like one of those ridiculously over the top things a european aristocrat would do

>> No.41270

>>41259
Well, you need more than one block for that. And you'd be better off just finding 80 acres in the wilderness somewhere, really.

>> No.41333
File: 14 KB, 260x280, Kilroy_was_here.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38094

>> No.41408

I am beyond envious OP.

>> No.41492

>>41154
not OP, but it's a waste of space if you ask me

>> No.41497

>>38082
that stepladder looks unsafe as fuck

>> No.41502

>>41497
>Poland
Soviet engineering. It doesn't matter if it's unsafe because there's no regulations and you're not obliged to pay workman's comp.
And that philosophy still exists these 20 years later.

>> No.41538

How are you supporting yourself financially while you work on it?

>> No.41603

That's one ugly house. This house is a good example of why people need to put an architect to work to design proper houses.

>> No.41622

>>41603
It'll look positively quaint when he paints it.

>> No.41630

I'm a structural engineer from an EU country. Poland is supposed to be a signatory of the new structural eurode standards. Your house does not comply with eurocode 6, and I don't believe your house was built following any structural plan. enjoy your unsafe shack

>> No.41637

>>41630
>implying anyone in Poland cares about your shitty irrelevant red tape

>> No.41652

>>41637

> Implying Ex-Soviet states are not the most beurocracy chocked, inefficent states on the planet.

>> No.41656

>>38013
As a german-diy-fag who completely restored an old farmhouse built in 1905 from 2009 until last week and is now about to move in, I just say:

You´ll never feel THAT proud again when you´re standing in front of a house that was built up by your own hands with only minimal help from others.
It´s the greatest feeling I ever had.

>> No.41692

>>41603

And yet, I bet it'll still be standing 400 years from now.

>> No.41717

>>41630
Isn't eurocode overriden by national codes and not the other way around? It only supplies new regulation if there wasn't any (or if the old code is removed in favor of the euro one/changed to be the same as eurocode, but no country is obligated to do this).

>> No.41720

>>41656
halt die fresse und geh lutschen

>> No.41795

>>41717
fuck the eurocode. it's a pile of over-regulated crap if you ask me.

>> No.41799

>>41656
>You´ll never feel THAT proud again
your face when you have a son

>> No.41803

>>38013
>with my own two hands
What are you going to use for raw materials after you run out of hands?

>> No.41806

>>41799
>proud of having a son
so yeah..great job ejaculating and letting a woman do the work..i guess?

>> No.41809

>>41806
>>41799
>>41656

Plant a tree to complete the trifecta.

>> No.41839

Californiafag here

just wanted to say you fucking rock OP, I hope it all works out for you.

I'd love to do it here but... way bigger hassle and tremendously expensive. Fucking California.