[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 59 KB, 466x500, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
372675 No.372675 [Reply] [Original]

sold crap on ebay for like 10 years
then stopped a few years ago because of all the bull shit

just reregister & started selling ther again last week after being off for almost 2 years
and now there's even more bull shit
they hold your money for at least 3 days after tracking show the item is received even if the buyer leaves positive feed back & can hold it for up to 21 days
+ they're charging a final value fee on shipping
what the fucks up with that

FUCK EBAY

Any One Of a Better Place To Sell Crap???

PEACE...

>> No.372676

Crag's List, Amazon.

>> No.372679

>>372675
prevent scammers.

>> No.372681

>>372676
always forget about ammazon
going to have look in to them
thanx

>> No.372682

>>372675

? i sell occasionally on eBay, last time a couple months ago never had tem 'hold my money'. i think you are overanalyzing it.

all electronic money-handlers hold money and take a slice, it's the evil background hiss of the universe.

i sold tires & wheels on craigslist, or would have -- buyer asked my address to come and buy, then climbed over the fence and swiped them.

the world is filled with injustice, get used to it.

eBay, they bleed you slowly, and give you a nice seat while you recover, and you don't get mugged. good enough for me.

don't be a spoiled first-worlder <white-whine>

>> No.372685

>>372682
If you ship directly using USPS, UPS, or FedEx, you can upload your tracking information manually to My eBay. Your funds will still be available 3 days after eBay receives confirmation of delivery.

Mark the item as shipped in My eBay. Even if you don’t upload tracking, if you mark the item as shipped in My eBay, your funds will be available 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date.

If you don't provide tracking information or mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated, your funds will be available 21 days after your buyer pays.

>> No.372694

>US ebay

I hope to christ they don't bring this bullshit to Australian ebay.

>> No.372695

>>372694

They will. Its all PayPal bullshit. Only a matter of time.

>> No.372836 [DELETED] 

>>372682
excellent racist answer nigger or simply white guilt bitch?

fuck you and your perpetuation.

>> No.372846 [DELETED] 

>>372836
Hey you, shit skin, go back to /pol/ you ignorant degenerate.

>> No.372869 [DELETED] 

>>372836

?samefag here. did you reply to the correct thread/post? cuz yr rant doesn't even make sense.

my point was, yeah eBay takes a cut, but you don't often get outright ripped-off. plus, it's all voluntary. the buyer and seller rating system is great.

please, kind sir, eat some poop and die quietly in a corner. if you replied to my post by accident, i'll take it all back.

>> No.372968

>>US Bullshit exported to all the world. Thanks US for fuck all us. Selling in Internet more hard than ever thanks to obama.

>> No.372981

>>372968
fuckyoufaggot. No US = No internet.

you're welcome

>> No.372986

>>372968

Yes, because the president has a say in what corporations do. You've got it backwards mate. Thats communism. With capitalism its the corporations that tell the president what to do. Left, right, doesn't matter. It just means you listen to different corporations.

>> No.373084
File: 43 KB, 600x372, laughing-mexican-guy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>372981
>>372986
>>El señor y las risas

Amurrikans and his fetishes

>> No.373118

>>372675
ebid, webstore, and amazon will probably be your best bets at ebay alternatives.

>> No.373121

>>372986
>With capitalism its the corporations that tell the president what to do.

That would be the definition of corporatism actually.

Capitalism knows no government, only maximized market efficiency. Maximum producer surplus and maximum consumer surplus with maximum marginal utility.

>> No.373128

>>372675
>what the fucks up with that
ebay is garbage now, but its pretty safe and secure for the buyer nowadays

>> No.373140

You could try bitmit if you use bitcoin.

>> No.373142
File: 262 KB, 743x1188, 1319995294215.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>373140
>bitcoin

>> No.373172

>>373128

They will eventually return your money but they can't return the time you waste getting shitty products and jumping the hoops to get your money back.

Lots of sellers on there especially the big ones rely on people giving good feedback as soon as the product arrives. A day latter you find out its shit and you are shit outta luck if you already left feedback.

I just burned a buyer on there that had fucked me around for a couple of months. I went ahead and ordered from him again. This time I didn't even give him a chance to issue a refund. I just posted a bad review and ruined his one hundred percent rating. And then the butthurts flowed. I didn't even read his replies. Just deleted them. And the kicker was he ended up giving me a refund anyways I guess because other potential buyers send you emails about your bad experience.

I got satisfaction in the end but it was still a fuck huge waste of time.

>> No.373331

kinda related
check out this crap i just put up on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160955075709?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160952741661?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

>> No.373336

>just reregister & started selling ther again last week

The problem is you just registered. I think you have to have a certain amount of feedback so that they dont hold funds. They dont hold mine at all.

What does puss me off is that they charge you a % of your earnings and then paypal also takes a chunk. Even though they are the same company.

>> No.373376

>>372675
With out buyers there is no selling.

Amazon can be worse, they keep some peoples money hostage for 90 days sometimes.

When you build up a trackrecord of being a reputable seller ebay will remove the delay in payments. You are also allowed to accept payment in other forms, such as a check.

>> No.373386 [DELETED] 
File: 111 KB, 1603x814, ebay.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When you purchase shipping through ebay you not only get a discount but if they are holding your payments you can choose to pay for shipping after your money is released.

Keep in mind that ebay takes a pretty decent cut out of what you sell. In November my average transaction was $600 and my fees where about 7%. In January my average sale was $130 and the fees where closer to 11%. If you sell allot of cheap stuff and you use addons to your listing your fees may be as high as 19%.

>> No.373389
File: 51 KB, 1586x1022, ebay2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When you purchase shipping through ebay you not only get a discount but if they are holding your payments you can choose to pay for shipping after your money is released.

Keep in mind that ebay takes a pretty decent cut out of what you sell. In November my average transaction was $600 and my fees where about 7%. In January my average sale was $130 and the fees where closer to 11%. If you sell allot of cheap stuff and you use addons to your listing your fees may be as high as 19%.