[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 9 KB, 320x213, 431.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
346596 No.346596 [Reply] [Original]

HALP! I burnt my finger today and im going camping this weekend what can i do to make it stop stinging :(

>> No.346601

start using lube when you fap

>> No.346605

>>346601
:D

>> No.346606

neosporin.. I even use this on sunburns.. I am damn near albino. You could try going to the drug store and asking someone what the best burn cream is.

>> No.346608

>>346606
Yea. Basic first aid stuff. See about bandaging it up to dull the sensitivity when you grab something with your hands. But for the most part you're just going to have to grit your teeth and bear it.

>> No.346661

>>346596
Google "yellow mustard burn". Basically, as soon as you get a burn you need to first cool it off ASAP then apply yellow mustard or soy sauce to it for 15 minutes. Don't wait around though. If you wait too long it won't make much of a difference, but if you get it on right away it'll make the difference between not seeing any burn and seeing a nasty blister.

I use yellow mustard all the time for burns since it applies easier than soy sauce. It is the best first aid for a burn that I've ever seen. There are a few products that use the same active ingredient that is in yellow mustard and soy sauce, but I don't remember their names since yellow mustard is easier to find just about anywhere.

>> No.346667

>>346661
nonsense bullshit. take your magical thinking elsewhere.

a burn is damaged skin. it will heal if you dont let it get infected, abraded, etc. neosporin is OK, but you should bandage that not-airtight (eg. loose gauze) with a simple antibiotic and let your body do its work. the bandage is to keep crap out and physicall yprotect.

hopefully a medfag will chime in here.

>> No.346668

silvadine

>> No.346671

>>346667
>a burn is damaged skin.

And whether it blisters (which makes it heal much slower) depends on how you treat it
It doesnt matter, he waited too long anyways

>> No.346674

It shouldn't hurt anymore by the weekend. Just put a band aid on it. It doesn't look that bad.

>> No.346675

Burn Cream or Burn Dressing until it stops being blistered.
I've had the best experience with WaterJel and similar products where it comes in a foil-packed sprongy wrap. Healed way way faster than alternatives.

Then switch to Aloe Vera gel once it looks more like a first degree burn.

>> No.346686

Keep it clean and don't be a fucking pussy, it's not like your flesh is charred black or anything.
Fuck.

>> No.346689

>>343630

>> No.346709

Honey is quite effective at soothing a burn. Try it.

>> No.346714

get drunk. arnt you going camping anyways?

>> No.346822

there are difrent things you can do.

1. Place your finger in some ice water every 5 minutes or so.

2. leave it alone. if you really can't take the pain then have some pain killers.

3. hand sanitizer which was a high percentage of alcohol.

4. get an Aloe Vera plant and squeezed the juice of a leaf on to your finger.

>> No.346904

sprinkle dried pig's bladder on it twice daily

>> No.346936

>>346667
You obviously didn't even begin to google it. Yellow mustard works pretty damn well. It's been the best thing I've ever used in my life for burns. You MUST get it on quickly though. If you wait 30 minutes it'll be too late and worthless to apply.

It isn't the same as just running cold water over a burn either. You don't have to have the mustard cold either, but that does soothe.

The best anecdotal evidence I've done with my own body was when I had a bad grease burn from someone that dropped the pot of hot oil from the turkey deep fryer a few years ago. It got my shin and top of my foot pretty well. I applied the mustard to every part except for leaving a circle in the middle of my shin to so my family how it works. The only place that had a blister was where the circle was. The rest was barely pink. the next day the blister was terrible and the rest of the skin had returned to being normal color.

However, the burned skin will still be tender to the touch. I don't recommend this for anything that has burned off skin or broken open the skin right when it happened.

>> No.346993

>>346596
Freeze spray.
Not kidding. It works.

>> No.347310

urinate on it.

>> No.347329

>>346596

your life sucks. the only possibilities for you are:

1) chop it off
2) stick it in your bum

>> No.347357

I worked in restaurants for a large part of my life. Anyone who tells you not to use mustard should be shot. It won't prevent scarring, but it will prevent pain.If you got burnt by some oil, or grabbed a hot pan, use mustard. If you burnt most of the flesh off your leg/arm, go to the hospital. Basically, you cool the burn down (10 sec after it happens), put cold yellow mustard on it (after 10 sec), reapply when the mustard gets dry, repeat until the burn goes numb. I saw a dude put his entire forearm into a 350 degree F fryer, coat his arm in mustard, take a 15 minute break, and work the rest of his shift. Mustard works.

>> No.347374

>>347357
>Anyone who tells you not to use mustard should be shot
>Mustard works.

Getting a mixed message there mate.

Dude who said freeze spray WTF if you shoot off too much too fast you're gonna end up w/ frost bite which is clinically identical to a burn in many ways.

I proposed the honey. Best non drug store remedy I've seen so far.

>> No.347380

>>346668
Silvadene works fucking wonders, but its prescription only

>> No.347393

>>347374
I don't see how that's confusing. Mustard works. If they tell you not to use it, shoot them. Maybe use a small caliber round so that you don't kill them outright, but you still get the point across. I think it's pretty clear. I'm not gonna get into where to shoot them, and when to shoot them. That part is up to you.

>> No.347395

>>347393
>I don't see how that's confusing. Mustard works. If they tell you not to use it, shoot them. Maybe use a small caliber round so that you don't kill them outright, but you still get the point across. I think it's pretty clear. I'm not gonna get into where to shoot them, and when to shoot them. That part is up to you.

My bad, I misread it missing the not in the first sentence.
So looked like a contradiction to me thus confusing.
Can't refute your claim as I haven't tried it myself.

I still stand behind the freeze spray being stupid tho.

>> No.347399

>>347395
I figured that was the case, but I could not pass up the opportunity to extract some humor from the misunderstanding. No offense intended.

>> No.347411

>>347393
And then apply mustard to the wound.

>> No.347766

>>347411
actually, if you apply mustard to the bullet before shooting them, it will do no harm whatsoever.

>> No.347772

>>347357
I'm backing this up.

Yellow mustard does work on minor burns. The type of burns where the skin has not been removed. It actually helps protect the skin, prevent blistering, and prevent redness.

Just don't try to use it on an open wound even if that wound is a burn, that won't help. Yellow mustard is strictly for the skin and only works for the skin.

>> No.347826

>>346596
Cut it off.

>> No.347829

ibuprophen (advil) , When I melted most of the skin off of my hand with hot oil I begged the paramedics that delt with me for opiates or anything to kill the unbelievable pain. They said take advil and I said bullshit, but I did and sure enough it helped drastically. get some silver cream to promote healing, I have almost no scarring years later.

>> No.347851

>>346596

there are some off-the shelf farmaceutical oinments that work great. Most of them have benzocain, lidocain or some other anesthetic built in them, as well as vitamin A and silver sulfazadin or some other drug that boosts skin growth so much that they have to put a cancerous warning in the prospect.

THEY WORK WONDERS for any sort of blisters, including burns.

>> No.348095

sprinkle coke on it and smoke 1 marijuana

>> No.348125

The Neosporin idea is good. If you can get to an REI or similar, outdoorsy-type shop, look for a solid lotion like ClimbOn or similar stuff. Rock climbers use it to clean-up their blistered, fucked-up hands. I keep a little tin of it in my tool box, and I have to admit, it does help take the sting out of a blistered burn like what you've got there. It can help it heal a little faster, too (but so can Neosporin).