[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 72 KB, 312x231, 100_1339.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
338914 No.338914 [Reply] [Original]

sup /diy/

I'm working on a small self-sufficient float cabin to be used on a nearby freshwater lake during the summer months.

I'll be using solar panels to provide power and the lake as a source of water. I may also construct a secondary raft to use as a garden, but I'm looking for other sources of food to supplement my diet.

How can I harvest food from the lake, other than the obvious fishing pole? Is there any other method for extracting utility from the lake that you can think of?

>> No.338919

OP, you caught my interest.

How about casting nets or a fish pen that you can lower and raise into the water. Something like a crab or lobster trap that stays suspended,
>pun intended.

>> No.338921

If you have space on your porch/deck you could put some potted plants. Tomatoes do well in containers.

Other than just fishing with rod and reel, you can set trout lines or use nets.

>> No.338926
File: 18 KB, 400x287, TrotlineDraw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>338921
>trout lines
*trotlines

>> No.338949

>>338921
>>338926
Always check regulations in your area for use of trotlines. Some places have laws against it and in others you need to simply tag them with name and address and check them every x amount of hours and/or keep them out of certain waterways. This can change from body of water to body of water or just between locations in the same body of water.

>> No.339110

OP while I admire the cut of your jib I wish when people start threads like this they would post a bit more info.

For instance just state by state anymore they call fishing regulations The Bible anymore to mock its various regulations.

>> No.339112

But how will you internet?

>> No.339117

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afp_jobnsNg

Also everytime I see a thread like this I think of this guy. I think his shit eventually got washed out by a hurricane.

>> No.339123

>>339110
>For instance just state by state anymore they call fishing regulations The Bible anymore to mock its various regulations
Your post is an incoherent collection of words with little-to-no meaningful connection to the adjacent phrases. Were I to hazard a guess, I would say that your post was generated by a Markov chain, rather than a sober human mind.

Please restate for reevaluation.

EDIT: It has occurred to me that removing the word `anymore' has multiplied the lucidity of this poor excuse of a sentence by several factors. Please learn from this mistake.

>> No.339289

bump