[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 78 KB, 640x251, makeLogo_url5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
337762 No.337762 [Reply] [Original]

Why did I subscribe to this holy shit it's terrible

>> No.337766
File: 490 KB, 449x401, Girls.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>subscribing to a magazine in the internet age

>> No.337802

>>337766
This

And yes make magazine is shit

>> No.337805

>>337802
Just as much as their rss feed - it's not about making, it's about makers. And i was't able to locate any fucks to give about subculture. Some of their tutorials are nice, though.

>> No.337808

quote from an earlier thread:

>I was a subscriber from the beginning but dropped it when it stopped being MAKE: and morphed into MADE:

>Now it's half ads, half showcase for stuff other people MADE and they tell the readers, "Look at this neat shit this guy MADE. And you can, too!"

>All you need are the plans, (which we don't show you)

>Or some good close-up pictures, (which we also don't show you)

>Or a bill of materials, (not included)

>or a website where you can learn more (usually a sales pitch for some clown to sell his half-assed 'art-pieces."

>Frauenfelder's a greedy sell-out who can lick my taint. Lately I've seen better project advice on /b/.

>> No.337813

As an alternative, Handyman magazine is pretty good if you want actual print publication.

>> No.337932

>>337813
Family Handyman Magazine?
I'm asking because that's the first few results on google. I like having /diy/ reading material for the bathroom.

>> No.338279

>>337932
hey buddy, SlickDeals front page right now Family Handyman is 2 years for 8$

I bought it, would link but too many referrals etcetc and I dont want people thinking thats what im doing

>> No.338332

Bummer to see it go down hill, this is what got me into DIY stuff.

Still, it's good for inspiration.

>> No.338341

I agree, most of the stuff in it is how to make a flashlight with an arduinio or how to laser cut a simple box.