[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 33 KB, 533x383, nintendoconsoles1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
290247 No.290247 [Reply] [Original]

Game console mods thread?
I've recently (past couple months) been researching Gamecube, NES, SNES and N64 mods, and wondering if you had any suggestions what the best ones are.

>> No.290253

What are you asking about? Mods to run copied disks, case mods, portable systems etc

>> No.290255

>>290253
Mostly portable systems, or just use the hardware to make something cool.

>> No.290260

Gameboys are your best options for mods
The original GBA is prime for lighting mods even better if you add a switch for it

>> No.290263

>>290247
PSP.

>> No.290278

>>290263
what?

>> No.290374

pretty easy to mod a sega genesis 1st model to have rca outputs and overclock

>> No.290680

I'll just post here instead of making a new thread.
What's the best way of playing imported, patched and pirated games on PS2 and original Xbox? And would it matter on the model of the system?

>> No.290926

I'm going to just bump this.

>> No.290991

1. get an high end android phone or tablet
2. put it inside gba/gbc case
3. dowload a fuckton of emulators
4.????
5.profit

>> No.291031

>>290991
That's stupid.

>> No.291645

This thread is now about turning home consoles into portable consoles...

>> No.291663

Lots of mods exist for the DMG.
Look up NeX, he does insane things to them.
MIDI hookups, RCA outs, amping up the volume it can put out, under/overclocking etc. He switched the processor with that of a Super Game Boy SNES cart, and made a faster, silent booting gameboy.
Also backlights.
But none of this is really that useful outside of chiptune.
I want to say Fighter X has a custom NES he made with a bunch of plugs that connect to spots on the board that, when connected to other spots on the board, make cool visual glitches. Like an analog synth with patch wires everywhere, but for visuals.
Also look up Paris Graphics, he's a mathematician that makes awesome gameboy visuals.

Hope this is sort of interesting to you.