[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 29 KB, 1024x683, F331D3QG6MPFTYB.LARGE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
289974 No.289974 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /diy/, I've been look for a desk for quite a while but I haven't found anything pre-built that really satisfies me so I'm thinking of making something like this:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Birch-and-Aluminum-Desk/

I'm looking at changing measurements(4' x 20" surface area) and I'm probably gonna stain the wood. I've never done anything quite this scale so I was wondering if I could get some general tips. Also, I was wondering what kind of wood I should use. I'm not trying to put my desktop ON the desk but I'm going to be having a 3 display eyefinity setup on it and I tend to lean on my desk from time to time.

>> No.289986

>Think that looks pretty amazing for a DIY job.
>Look closer, metal panels aren't even embedded / sunk into the wood. Seriously, why not paint that shit on or just use metal laminate
>Acrylic will scratch like a bitch

Maybe look into adding a frame at the back you can attach a tri monitor stand to. Frees up some desk space, and could remove some of the weight from the tabletop