[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 91 KB, 1440x900, 1314938945342.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
286838 No.286838 [Reply] [Original]

School notes. I have books, papers, text books from years back. I don't feel that chucking them would be useful, but they're clogging up my room massively.

Does anyone have decent stratergies or storage facilities for them?

>> No.286843

Unless it's work instrumental to a research project or a published paper, you can go ahead and take it the recycling center.

>> No.286847

Second hand filing cabinets, check craiglist etc. Dirt cheap, easily painted etc.
Or just throw them away. Are you seriously going to read that shit any time soon?

>> No.286849

1. Scanner
2. Cheap hard drive
3. ?????
4. Profit

>> No.286851

Just stack them as high as you can.

>> No.286852

If its loose paper you can take it to a local kinko's type place and have them scan it onto a flash drive.

I say loose paper since they can load it in bulk on the feeder and run it through. Now all that paper is archived on a nice little flash drive.

>> No.286943

>>286852
Typical costs? That'd be pretty fucking neato.

I'm in the UK so would need to find some equivalent.

The sensible thing is to get rid of it, recycle etc. But I'm told to keep it as sentimental value. I have things going back since I was 12 still (and I'm 23!)

>> No.287073
File: 23 KB, 260x260, DairyCrateAuthenticAll_l.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>286838
Two words:
Milk crates.
1. Get crate.
2. Put books in crate.
3. ¿?¿?¿?
4. Profit
Pic related- these are milk crates, or "bottle crates," as you blokes accross the pond call them.

>OR:

Boxes

1. Get box
2. Put book in box.
3. ¿?¿?¿?
4. GENIUS.jpg

>> No.287103

As someone who works as a mover for the last 3 summers now, THROW OUT YOUR OLD SHIT.

Unless you actually know for a fact you're going to use them or know of a friend who will, throw them out. Every single time I hear "I can't believe how much stuff I have". And "I have no idea where I want that, I never use and completely forgot I have it."

It might not seem like much now, but it adds up. Throw that shit the fuck out.

And that goes for all you obese people with 3 treadmills, an elliptical and a home gym.