[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 57 KB, 800x600, aaprtemnt-2012-interior-foto-wallpaper-01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
268811 No.268811 [Reply] [Original]

i'm gonna move into my own apartment in a little more than a week from now. I'm in the process of buying furniture now. This is the first time I've lived alone.

any tips on arranging/decorating the place so it looks awesome?

>> No.268814

Even though you have a million awesome ideas running through your head, stick with a general theme. Otherwise it'll end up looking cluttered and messy, if you try to do too many things with it.

>> No.268817

Don't clutter it up.

Instead of buying a huge mass of furniture now, buy just the minimal pieces you need and give yourself some time.

realizing in a few months that you hate your end-table and it is useless does not magic the money back into your account.

And make sure you really break your areas up. Letting the entire apartment become some kind of conglomeration of bedroom and floor-closet. Once you do that it will only become harder to keep things on track and feel comfortable with people in the space.

Beware pushy furniture salesmen.

>> No.268842

>>268814
>>268817
yeah i'm just getting big stuff right now- bed, couch, and kitchen table.

any ideas for 'themes' or whatever?

>> No.268851

>>268842

Personally I'm a fan of minimalist modern. But that's just me. And moderately expensive if you can't find good deals.

It really depends on what you've bought already, what your price range is, how long you plan on staying in the apartment (which defines how much you should be willing to put into it), etc. And your personal taste.

Browse some general home decor sites, find themes you like!

homedesigning.tumblr.com is good if you want a variety of ideas to choose from/help you come up with your own plan.

>> No.268865

>>268814
>>268817
yeah i'm just getting big stuff right now- bed, couch, and kitchen table.

any ideas for 'themes' or whatever?

>> No.268875

Be flexible in your planning. Plans often change once you move into a place. For example, I put a chair where I thought I would put my television, because that spot got great natural light.

>> No.268925

IKEA

also, dressers and chests of drawers are fucking retarded. keep your clothes and misc shit in your closet.

>> No.268930

>>268851

are there any sites for minimalist design?

>> No.268935

glue legos everywhere

build tables, chairs, beds, whathaveyou out of legos that has been glued together.

you will save so much moneh