[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 16 KB, 640x430, bolt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
212415 No.212415 [Reply] [Original]

Fixings.
I'm looking for a supplier of metric fine bolts in the UK.

A flanged button, allen head bolt, in M6*0.75 (fine pitch) about 35mm long is what I need.

Anyone have any ideas?

>Pic related

>> No.212592

>>212415
Google.
If you can't manage to find common fasteners on your own, then you need to surrender your /diy/ ID card and become just another one of the sheep.
/thread

>> No.212598
File: 302 KB, 1596x1192, HaIFixedIt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>212415

>> No.212959

>>212592
Really?
I hadn't even considered using search engine to search for things on the internet. The concept is quite alien to me.

If you had tried to be any help at all, instead of being a total cunt, you would have found it isn't a common fastener, which is why I'm asking for advice.

M6 button head fasteners all day long, M6 fine appear to be much harder to find.

>> No.212963

>>212959
I'd help you, but I'm American and have no clue what local stores there are in the UK.

If you have stuff you are tossing out or find in the trash of others you can harvest similar or perhaps the same. Like the security ones in this >>212598 image is from a microwave. not the same as yours, but similar.

>> No.212964

>>212959
*sigh*

Have you called a fastener supplier? How about a company that specializes in electronics hardware? That's what I meant about using Google: Find suppliers specific to what you're trying to find. I recognize the fact that you can't get everything you want at retail outlets, but I see posts on /diy/ every day from someone looking for something that I can find in 5 minutes of searching; it seems obvious to me that they didn't even try or just don't know how to research something. I'm sorry if you were offended.

>> No.212965

>>212959
By the way why those specific fasteners? Are you repairing something? If so and all else fails try the manufacturer of what you're repairing, they might be willing to at least tell you where to get them, if not sell them to you outright.

>> No.212969

can not be arsed to read all thread, but try a bike shop.

I have about... 20 of these on my bike, they are 4 for a pound.
Mountain bike i mean.

>> No.212972

>>212965
It's for a german rifle I'm reconditioning.
The one on there at the moment is a crosshead design, and someone's been at it with an ill fitting driver and cammed the fuck out of it.
There's a couple more screws securing the action. They're normal metric size, so have no trouble finding them.

The supplier is out of stock, and they are very expensive anyway (£5ish for the bolt including P&P).
All the suppliers I have found do not carry a large amount of fine metric bolts.
Will try computer supply places.

>> No.212973

http://www.fastfixdirect.co.uk/

>> No.212974

>>212973

http://www.cwfasteners.co.uk/

>> No.213057

>>212972
>firearm
The grade of the bolts may be an issue, then. Common fasteners are usually of a softer alloy than might be needed. You might be better off getting them from the OEM, then, since if they fail while the gun is being fired it might be a serious safety issue.